The UFC/MMA Thread

Age has clearly gotten up to Sanchez. Is Sanchez trying to out showboat Michel? Michel is known for his acrobatic moves in the Octagon.

Takedown, flying knees', flying off the fence, superman punch - Michel showing his whole repertoire in the 2nd round. Sanchez got a couple of shots to the face.

Sad to watch Diego like this. Oh my God, the punishment Sanchez is taking. Sanchez is bleeding from his head. Doctor is having a look at Sanchez.

Sanchez is claiming an illegal knee to the head. This could be a disqualification. Sanchez might get this because of an illegal knee.

Damn, this sucks. Sanchez wins by disqualification. But these are the rules. Sanchez did get hit in head by an illegal knee.

It felt like Corey ran into a freight train. First the right hand and then that hammer blow which effectively knocked Corey out. Great great win for Jan.

Immediately Jon Jones and Jan engaged in banter.

In time for the co-main event for FIGHT NIGHT 168 in Auckland, New Zealand.

At light heavyweight JIMMY CRUTE vs MICHAL OLEKSIEJCZUK.

This is so awesome to watch. A very very good fight. Felder trying to come into his own in the second round. I felt Felder got the 2nd round.

This is such a great fight. Both of them will need ice packs on their faces. They are hurting each other with snapping jabs and punches and leg kicks.

Last week I attended my first ever UFC event near my home at Chartway Arena, Norfolk VA. It was FIGHT NIGHT 169 and it was a tremendous event. Had controversies, got to boo the referee, some great fights.

The loudest cheer was reserved for Megan Anderson - the lanky Aussie.

Overall a great sporting experience.

Anyway coming back to UFC 248 - the very first fight - the Mongolian Batgerel had his first ever UFC victory by TKO.

That was a terrific comeback for Sean O'Malley. After a two year gap the way he dismantled Jose was remarkable.

And Sean was very emotional in the post fight interview given all the adversities he had to go through in the last 2 years.

Split decision win for Oliviera. This could have really gone either way. Not disappointed with the decision. Great great fight fit for PPV.

Magny is completely dominating Li now.

And Li receiving multiple warnings from the ref for holding the fence.

Utter domination for Neil Magny. Especially the last 2 rounds. The result from judges should be a mere formality.

What happened. OH MY GOODNESS. What an unbelievable, incredible round and fight.

What is this madness? Klose nearly finished off Dariush - but then quite magically Dariush somehow knocked out Klose.

What a frikking fight. This will be a great candidate for fight of the night award.

Now we are into the Championship Fights.

First up a truly salivating fight - the title fight for the women's strawweight. JOANNA vs ZHANG.

Joanna apologizing to Zhang for that late shot.

Joanna does not want to fight like this. She is getting hit by some big hits.

Holy crap. What a great 3rd round. This is a maddening round. Joanna showing what a great fighter she is.

Standing ovation - for both these incredible fighters - on Women's day. One of the best fights I've seen EVER - men or women.

Split decision win for Zhang. The Zhang dynasty continues to rule. But Joanna is also an unbelievable fighter.

Zhang is simply crying - I cant blame her.

I don't know how the next fight is going to go one up over what I just saw now. But this is it - the main fight of the night -

YOEL ROMERO vs ISRAEL ADESANYA.

Back