The Wrestling Discussion Thread

I disagree with the bracelet because they’ve sold the sh!t out of it and gone all the way, it would have been better if he could kidnap his dog or something along those lines but they’re not on Netflix yet, yeah hopefully this isn’t a one and done so there’s a lot more scope yet

I’m not against it having happened at SS nor am I saying it should have been done when Heyman was attacked. All am saying is, I would have had Heyman involved in the return after the attack, they could still have booked everything else the way they did, I just think the pop would be bigger if he saved Heyman, everyone and their dog knew he was coming after Solo, the question for the casuals was always whether or not that would actually happen because they follow the kayfabe, otherwise it has been set up to go after Solo

It would be one thing if that bracelet belonged to him, his wife or even his dog. But it was just a random bracelet given to him by a fan. Its hard for me to wrap my head around a 45 year old man getting angry about this.

It was telegraphed no doubt. But again, I think they wanted to play with the idea of whose side is he on. And then give you the face turn when he smashes Solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a risk of going overboard with that, I gotta give the rub to everyone because it wont hurt me etc imagine they book Punk like this to, the thought is nice but think the execution is much better when these vets mean something and then give you the rub. Orton/Punk should be a part of the WHC picture, Gunther deserves a run but the WHC lacks big name credibility
I mean obviously using Orton to put over Logan Paul is a mistake. But Gunther isn't just anybody. He's one of the fastest rising stars they have and someone who needs to be made into a star. Gunther did an amazing job restoring the credibility of the IC Championship. There's no reason why he can't establish the WHC with good, consistent booking. Punk can be the big name you put that belt on later.

I mean obviously using Orton to put over Logan Paul is a mistake. But Gunther isn't just anybody. He's one of the fastest rising stars they have and someone who needs to be made into a star. Gunther did an amazing job restoring the credibility of the IC Championship. There's no reason why he can't establish the WHC with good, consistent booking. Punk can be the big name you put that belt on later.

Exactly my point, Gunther would have beaten a guy that got jobbed out to Logan Paul. I don’t mind this approach for the IC title but that’s the IC title, you look at some of the biggest names ever or even more recently Cody, they got made beating a top guy, Orton is far from being that because of how he is booked. Now obviously they may have sort of missed the boat with this by booking themselves into a corner with MITB briefcase and giving a mediocre talent like Seth such a long run, but I had a quick fix which would still set up Gunther’s predictably long title run better. But the way they’ve booked the WHC, they’ve not presented it remotely close to the WWE title.

It would be one thing if that bracelet belonged to him, his wife or even his dog. But it was just a random bracelet given to him by a fan. Its hard for me to wrap my head around a 45 year old man getting angry about this.

It was telegraphed no doubt. But again, I think they wanted to play with the idea of whose side is he on. And then give you the face turn when he smashes Solo.

Maybe, but I can see Punk being upset about something like that kayfabe or not, all he ever talks about his Larry or his wife, the dog is more over then any of Haitch’s baby face runs

I don’t know if it was like that you know in the sort of is Sting siding with the NWO way, I saw it more as him coming back to punish Solo for the months of disrespect

There’s a risk of going overboard with that, I gotta give the rub to everyone because it wont hurt me etc imagine they book Punk like this to, the thought is nice but think the execution is much better when these vets mean something and then give you the rub. Orton/Punk should be a part of the WHC picture, Gunther deserves a run but the WHC lacks big name credibility
which is why it should have been given to drew who could have easily added credibility to it. Priest's run had only started to pick steam and he lost.

which is why it should have been given to drew who could have easily added credibility to it. Priest's run had only started to pick steam and he lost.

Drew’s not a big name either, belt desperately needed Lesnar

Drew’s not a big name either, belt desperately needed Lesnar
Lesnar's been out of WWE for over a year now. The second biggest active legend Randy just returned at Survivor Series. He could have been better utilized as a WHC though. Keeping the title on Seth for that long definitely down valued it further. Of the full time wrestlers, Drew is still the biggest name WWE have currently after Randy and Cody who wrestle full time. AJ would have been a great choice as well but he's been taking the lighter schedule i believe

Lesnar's been out of WWE for over a year now. The second biggest active legend Randy just returned at Survivor Series. He could have been better utilized as a WHC though. Keeping the title on Seth for that long definitely down valued it further. Of the full time wrestlers, Drew is still the biggest name WWE have currently after Randy and Cody who wrestle full time. AJ would have been a great choice as well but he's been taking the lighter schedule i believe

Drew unfortunately has lost his stock from having been made to look so weak during some high profile matches, outside the Lesnar win and booking during Covid which sadly occurred with no fans and then they turned on him after, that peak was short lived and how he has been treated after that wasn’t ideal. Lesnar is out obviously so if can’t happen so Orton is the best big active name they have there who is not named Reigns.

Orton, Cena, Lesnar, Punk and even AJ are all Tier 1 stars for various reasons. I wouldn’t put Drew in this league or in that role to bring big name credibility to the title.

Orton is probably best positioned to at least rub some of his star power on the belt, H understands this but he wont book these guys or the titles like how he pushed himself. H was handed the WHC, but it was Shawn who helped elevate it and give his reign of terror a platform.

Well when you essentially create a belt out of thin air you are always going to have that issue. Logically, you can never make it make sense.

But I just feel like Orton getting the belt should be built on the back of a story where he is forced to turn heel. Because that where he functions best. At the end of the day I can't fault them for creating new stars because that is the lifeblood of the business. And with Orton being on the other brand this is likely going to be a one-off thing anyway.

@shaz619 Hearing rumors that Ricky Starks is WWE bound. If true, it could be the best thing that ever happened to him. He is never going to be pushed like a main eventer in AEW because Tony likes to push his favorites and Ricky was never that. Despite showing what he was capable of time and time again.

In WWE a guy with his personality and charisma could have a very high ceiling. I just hope that his neck related issues do not persist much because he is a special talent.

I wouldn't say that. Priest did an okay job with the belt. But overall I don't think he was ready. He needs a few hot feuds to really establish himself as a big babyface.

The All In card looks so mid. Besides MJF v Ospreay there is no a single match here that excites me. If I was a UK wrestling fan going to this show I would feel ripped off by this card. I feel like the attendance is going to be down majorly from last year.

Well when you essentially create a belt out of thin air you are always going to have that issue. Logically, you can never make it make sense.

But I just feel like Orton getting the belt should be built on the back of a story where he is forced to turn heel. Because that where he functions best. At the end of the day I can't fault them for creating new stars because that is the lifeblood of the business. And with Orton being on the other brand this is likely going to be a one-off thing anyway.

They’ve done it in the past but better protected the WHC. And I just don’t trust H with creating new stars and think the simplest way has always been through getting the rub from much bigger names and doing better establishing the prestige of a championship imo because no notable big name so far has held that belt. But let’s see what they do, hopefully he isn’t jobbing to Cody in a few months time

@shaz619 Hearing rumors that Ricky Starks is WWE bound. If true, it could be the best thing that ever happened to him. He is never going to be pushed like a main eventer in AEW because Tony likes to push his favorites and Ricky was never that. Despite showing what he was capable of time and time again.

In WWE a guy with his personality and charisma could have a very high ceiling. I just hope that his neck related issues do not persist much because he is a special talent.

This is probably why they kept him off TV the snakes, he probably made it clear to them what he wanted to do a while back.

I think it will be a good move for him no doubt, especially from the POV of leaving the asylum.

However, am starting sound like a broken record now, but I have serious concerns with H’s booking which may limit his potential.

Drew unfortunately has lost his stock from having been made to look so weak during some high profile matches, outside the Lesnar win and booking during Covid which sadly occurred with no fans and then they turned on him after, that peak was short lived and how he has been treated after that wasn’t ideal. Lesnar is out obviously so if can’t happen so Orton is the best big active name they have there who is not named Reigns.

Orton, Cena, Lesnar, Punk and even AJ are all Tier 1 stars for various reasons. I wouldn’t put Drew in this league or in that role to bring big name credibility to the title.

Orton is probably best positioned to at least rub some of his star power on the belt, H understands this but he wont book these guys or the titles like how he pushed himself. H was handed the WHC, but it was Shawn who helped elevate it and give his reign of terror a platform.
But Drew knows how to make his feuds and matches interesting. You can visibly see him making effort. He did that in his first run in 2020. Him holding the title would have everyone see him trying to make WHC a big deal something it's been lacking since 2023. Even Gunther didn't look hungry enough going for the title before Summerslam. Priest did his best work in last few weeks with the title.
Maybe a Gunther-Drew power feud could bring some relevancy to the title down the line.

Kevin Sullivan has passed away at the age of 74.
Really sad news. Most people probably remember him for the Dungeon of Doom stuff but I think alot of them don't realize the role he had in a backstage capacity throughout the years as a booker, producer, creative influence and mentor to so many wrestlers. He had a massive hand in the success of WCW during their hottest period. Eric may have been the one running the show, but it was Kevin Sullivan who was booking it all to make logical sense. Most notably he booked the NWO angle. RIP.

This is probably why they kept him off TV the snakes, he probably made it clear to them what he wanted to do a while back.

I think it will be a good move for him no doubt, especially from the POV of leaving the asylum.

However, am starting sound like a broken record now, but I have serious concerns with H’s booking which may limit his potential.
I think working with Punk opened his eyes to alot of things. I have a strong feeling that Punk advised him not to accept bad creative if it was given to him because there have been rumors that he has turned down ideas from AEW to turn babyface.

Not everything is down to Triple H's booking. And tbh I prefer Triple H's booking to senile old Vince a million times over. Things may happen at a glacial pace but atleast guys aren't buried for absolutely no reason or held down because of their lack of size or made to do stupid, embarrassing, nonsensical things. WWE today is a much better product and despite all his flaws, Triple H has a massive hand in making it so. At the end of the day he has elevated guys and tried to make new stars. WWE's upper card right now is stacked and you have to credit the booking for that.

They’ve done it in the past but better protected the WHC. And I just don’t trust H with creating new stars and think the simplest way has always been through getting the rub from much bigger names and doing better establishing the prestige of a championship imo because no notable big name so far has held that belt. But let’s see what they do, hopefully he isn’t jobbing to Cody in a few months time
Well Seth 'Cringelord' Rollins is a big name, regardless of what we may think of him. The Cody feud though needs to have Orton turning on him, leaving him for dead and taking his belt. Cody can then disappear for a bit to sell the injury and return after a short time to a massive pop. Not every wrestler has to hold the belt for a freaking year or more. And Cody chasing is something you need to keep him interesting as a babyface...even if its for a short period of time. Orton beating Cody doesnt hurt Cody either because Orton is a bonafide legend and Cody's mentor. So in kayfabe if there is anyone who is capable of outsmarting Cody, it should be Orton.

I don't think that's fair. He has elevated Gunther, LA Knight, Drew McIntyre, Jey Uso (unfortunately) and Damien Priest. And is trying to do something with Bron and Solo. Could have done without him shoving Logan Paul down our throats or treating Sami like absolute **** but you can't have everything I guess.

But Drew knows how to make his feuds and matches interesting. You can visibly see him making effort. He did that in his first run in 2020. Him holding the title would have everyone see him trying to make WHC a big deal something it's been lacking since 2023. Even Gunther didn't look hungry enough going for the title before Summerslam. Priest did his best work in last few weeks with the title.
Maybe a Gunther-Drew power feud could bring some relevancy to the title down the line.

It doesn’t matter, his stock is lower then it was around the time he won the RR and H is not going to put him back in that spot.

BUT, Punk can help set him on that path though he wont ever get there.

He or any other name could hold the WHC.

And regardless off availability, it’s not a Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Punk, Styles; none of these guys are their wavelength for star power or body of work across the board

Well Seth 'Cringelord' Rollins is a big name, regardless of what we may think of him. The Cody feud though needs to have Orton turning on him, leaving him for dead and taking his belt. Cody can then disappear for a bit to sell the injury and return after a short time to a massive pop. Not every wrestler has to hold the belt for a freaking year or more. And Cody chasing is something you need to keep him interesting as a babyface...even if its for a short period of time. Orton beating Cody doesnt hurt Cody either because Orton is a bonafide legend and Cody's mentor. So in kayfabe if there is anyone who is capable of outsmarting Cody, it should be Orton.

I don't think that's fair. He has elevated Gunther, LA Knight, Drew McIntyre, Jey Uso (unfortunately) and Damien Priest. And is trying to do something with Bron and Solo. Could have done without him shoving Logan Paul down our throats or treating Sami like absolute $hit but you can't have everything I guess.

If I walk down any street in the world, I would be shocked if more than 1 person knew who the cringe lord was. To them they had him in that HBK role before he put H over, but Seth just isn’t that guy.

And I agree but to me it seems more likely that The Rock or a bigger name could beat him, I doubt they will have him drop the belt before a match with the final boss.

Gunther is an easy guy to book and I credit Vince more for setting him up, at SS they will do title v title and job him to Cody soon anyway, LA Knight is colder then he was a year ago; he gave him the W like a year late as per his one dimensional/predictable booking. From what Punk has done in AEW, you’d know he has a lot to do with bringing Drew back to the limelight. Bron is too green and Solo is a plan above his pay grade orchestrated by Heyman/Reigns/Dwyane. And I will say he has done an ok job with Priest but we all know there’s more potential with him and H is not the guy to make him a household name

I think working with Punk opened his eyes to alot of things. I have a strong feeling that Punk advised him not to accept bad creative if it was given to him because there have been rumors that he has turned down ideas from AEW to turn babyface.

Not everything is down to Triple H's booking. And tbh I prefer Triple H's booking to senile old Vince a million times over. Things may happen at a glacial pace but atleast guys aren't buried for absolutely no reason or held down because of their lack of size or made to do stupid, embarrassing, nonsensical things. WWE today is a much better product and despite all his flaws, Triple H has a massive hand in making it so. At the end of the day he has elevated guys and tried to make new stars. WWE's upper card right now is stacked and you have to credit the booking for that.

The company creative is being run on auto-pilot by an ego maniac cos-playing Vince; the real big decisions are made by his superiors - they are in a position now where the product sells itself, I rather take all that atrocious booking for the truly memorable moments which defined the business then accept an outdated booking style driven by a spotlight whorre. Which little guy has he even made since you mentioned Vince screwed all the midgets, I would never compare him to any of the top bookers of our time or scribe to the blind worship of a master politician, and your handicapping a talents potential when you delay their moment, it is catastrophic for their career and it is far worse then the career’s he ruined as an active worker

It doesn’t matter, his stock is lower then it was around the time he won the RR and H is not going to put him back in that spot.

BUT, Punk can help set him on that path though he wont ever get there.

He or any other name could hold the WHC.

And regardless off availability, it’s not a Lesnar, Cena, Orton, Punk, Styles; none of these guys are their wavelength for star power or body of work across the board
I haven't given up on Drew yet. The names you mentioned are definitely in another league but i think Drew has what it takes to overcome all the bad booking and come back stronger. his title run was one of the best in recent years,

I don't think that's fair. He has elevated Gunther, LA Knight, Drew McIntyre, Jey Uso (unfortunately) and Damien Priest. And is trying to do something with Bron and Solo. Could have done without him shoving Logan Paul down our throats or treating Sami like absolute **** but you can't have everything I guess.
Seth had no business holding the title for a year. He should have lost the title to Balor last year. That slow kill was painful to watch and is a Trips characteristic. He lacks the instinct to change plans on the go and do something surprising.

If I walk down any street in the world, I would be shocked if more than 1 person knew who the cringe lord was. To them they had him in that HBK role before he put H over, but Seth just isn’t that guy.

And I agree but to me it seems more likely that The Rock or a bigger name could beat him, I doubt they will have him drop the belt before a match with the final boss.

Gunther is an easy guy to book and I credit Vince more for setting him up, at SS they will do title v title and job him to Cody soon anyway, LA Knight is colder then he was a year ago; he gave him the W like a year late as per his one dimensional/predictable booking. From what Punk has done in AEW, you’d know he has a lot to do with bringing Drew back to the limelight. Bron is too green and Solo is a plan above his pay grade orchestrated by Heyman/Reigns/Dwyane. And I will say he has done an ok job with Priest but we all know there’s more potential with him and H is not the guy to make him a household name
He's a very good wrestler but that's about it. He has never been a compelling personality/character and never will be. It makes perfect sense now why he was so desperate to work with Punk. Because deep down he knows that that's the only way he will be even the slightest bit interesting.

I hope The Rock doesn't beat him because that would be something even worse than Lesnar's part-time championship run from years ago. Cody needs to beat Rock because Rock already pinned Cody once at WrestleMania. But they could do that or they could do Roman v Rock. And if they do the latter then that opens up room for Cody v Orton at WrestleMania.

No I don't they will unify the belts again after they went through the trouble of creating this completely separate belt for RAW. Let's see how Gunther's run goes. He has just gotten the belt. Just because his reign is predictably long doesn't mean it won't be great. The quality of matches and feuds will decide that imo.

I haven't given up on Drew yet. The names you mentioned are definitely in another league but i think Drew has what it takes to overcome all the bad booking and come back stronger. his title run was one of the best in recent years,

I agree with you as far as his potential is concerned and it’s a shame that what a 2 or 3 time world champ is still in this position, but at least he has been in the feud of the year

He's a very good wrestler but that's about it. He has never been a compelling personality/character and never will be. It makes perfect sense now why he was so desperate to work with Punk. Because deep down he knows that that's the only way he will be even the slightest bit interesting.

I hope The Rock doesn't beat him because that would be something even worse than Lesnar's part-time championship run from years ago. Cody needs to beat Rock because Rock already pinned Cody once at WrestleMania. But they could do that or they could do Roman v Rock. And if they do the latter then that opens up room for Cody v Orton at WrestleMania.

No I don't they will unify the belts again after they went through the trouble of creating this completely separate belt for RAW. Let's see how Gunther's run goes. He has just gotten the belt. Just because his reign is predictably long doesn't mean it won't be great. The quality of matches and feuds will decide that imo.

His best work has always been as a heel, as a face he just lacks complete direction and the gimmick is a joke.

I think it could because they may justify it through the heat it would get and make Cody’s return that much more desperate. Regardless, they are doing the match, surely it’s mania? maybe Rock v Reigns happens at Night 1 with the winner getting a title shot against Cody?

Yeah didn’t say it will be poor, but I like to be surprised every now and then. I don’t really watch this religiously other than big shows, what Reigns is up to and basically everything Punk is involved in…..

His best work has always been as a heel, as a face he just lacks complete direction and the gimmick is a joke.

I think it could because they may justify it through the heat it would get and make Cody’s return that much more desperate. Regardless, they are doing the match, surely it’s mania? maybe Rock v Reigns happens at Night 1 with the winner getting a title shot against Cody?

Yeah didn’t say it will be poor, but I like to be surprised every now and then. I don’t really watch this religiously other than big shows, what Reigns is up to and basically everything Punk is involved in…..
I am much more interested in seeing Rock vs Roman than Cody vs Rock.

I am much more interested in seeing Rock vs Roman than Cody vs Rock.

I wouldn’t mind either matches, Cody/Rock has a great deal of heat; they’ve not fired on all cylinders yet with the Rock/Reigns build so I feel Cody/Rock could happen first

I wouldn’t mind either matches, Cody/Rock has a great deal of heat; they’ve not fired on all cylinders yet with the Rock/Reigns build so I feel Cody/Rock could happen first
Dwayne is the only thing that can make Cody's run interesting right now. Apart from that, Roman-Dwayne heat will always eclipse Dwayne-Cody feud heat.

the last great promo trips did was accepting batista's challenge at 2019 mania putting his career on the line. apart from that his mic work throughout his career has been fine without being outstanding.

Nah, every single H promo summarised in this very short clip:

A sad end to Dominik Bhai’s reign of home wife, mami and side work wife. :yk

Real talk he has become bigger than just the Mysterio name. Rather than rely on his dad’s reputation he has made a name for himself in his own right.

the last great promo trips did was accepting batista's challenge at 2019 mania putting his career on the line. apart from that his mic work throughout his career has been fine without being outstanding.
I'm not as negative on H as shaz but even I honestly can't recall a single great Triple H promo. All I remember is him opening every episode of RAW during the 2000s and cutting these 20 minute long droning, self-aggrandizing promos that all sounded the same and mostly went nowhere. I guess they were just a pre-text for the burial he was going to mete out that night on RAW or the subsequent PPV.

There was so much hype around his 2002 return and the pay-off to that was him making the Stephanie the center of his feud with Jericho, and completely burying him in the process. But anyways I'm starting to go off on a tangent here so I'll stop

Real talk he has become bigger than just the Mysterio name. Rather than rely on his dad’s reputation he has made a name for himself in his own right.
Credit where credit is due, he has done brilliantly in the role of this chicken$hit heel and has completely moved out of his father's shadow. His in-ring work still needs alot of work but because the character is so strong it kinda doesn't matter how he is in the ring at this point of his career. And turning on Rhea and aligning himself with Liv is only going to help him generate more heat.

Yeah The Shield break-up is still the most iconic thing he has done in WWE. Which speaks volumes about his character work. I agree with you that they could get something out of him as a heel with the right direction and a potential WrestleMania level program with Roman, that addresses their unresolved history. But he seems more interested in looking like a complete joke just because the people enjoy singing his song I guess.

That's an interesting concept. That would be their way to have their cake and eat it too. But in such a scenario, logically, it makes sense for The Rock to go over on Roman. And if they do that then they will almost certainly have to do a return match where Rock puts Roman over.

I'm not as negative on H as shaz but even I honestly can't recall a single great Triple H promo. All I remember is him opening every episode of RAW during the 2000s and cutting these 20 minute long droning, self-aggrandizing promos that all sounded the same and mostly went nowhere. I guess they were just a pre-text for the burial he was going to mete out that night on RAW or the subsequent PPV.

There was so much hype around his 2002 return and the pay-off to that was him making the Stephanie the center of his feud with Jericho, and completely burying him in the process. But anyways I'm starting to go off on a tangent here so I'll stop
He did cut many solid promos during his feud with Austin, Rock, HBK, Batista etc. He was always consistent on the mic (never great). I'd say he's a bit like Miz like you can count on him to give something and he'd produce that with consistency even though it may not be great. His best work was done till 2005 I guess. He was at his peak in late 90s I believe. I am not a big fan of him either and I do believe he was one of the biggest politicker in WWE. But he's done some good over the years as well. NXT black and gold was great. I am a big Dwayne and Austin mark, so I'll naturally never like Trips but let's not downplay his achievements (however mediocre they may be). Reign of terror and becoming the center piece of The Authority are amongst the worst he's done over the years.

Yeah The Shield break-up is still the most iconic thing he has done in WWE. Which speaks volumes about his character work. I agree with you that they could get something out of him as a heel with the right direction and a potential WrestleMania level program with Roman, that addresses their unresolved history. But he seems more interested in looking like a complete joke just because the people enjoy singing his song I guess.

That's an interesting concept. That would be their way to have their cake and eat it too. But in such a scenario, logically, it makes sense for The Rock to go over on Roman. And if they do that then they will almost certainly have to do a return match where Rock puts Roman over.
His last great work was in his feud with Edge. 3 uber consistent amazing matches that relied on storytelling. His feud with Cody produced 3 great matches (HIAC being the best) but the feud wasn't that hot or interesting honestly.

Dom is definitely out of the shadow of Rey now and it takes immense effort to get out of that massive shadow and make your own path. He's massively entertaining. He'll get over as an in ring worker as well as his current role doesn't allow him to be a matt wizard.

So let me get this straight, breakdancing is an Olympic sport but wrestling isn't?

Fairly certain no one in wrestling would have embarrassed themselves like that Australian "break dancer".

Roman: I put you over Uso, we doing this again aren’t we, you putting me over dawg?

Dwayne in the rematch:

So let me get this straight, breakdancing is an Olympic sport but wrestling isn't?

Fairly certain no one in wrestling would have embarrassed themselves like that Australian "break dancer".

If they do it again in LA, maybe we can get some wrestling representation in the break dancing event.

Perhaps Shah Khan can pay the relevant US authorities to allow Tony Khan to compete 🤔🤔

Credit where credit is due, he has done brilliantly in the role of this chicken$hit heel and has completely moved out of his father's shadow. His in-ring work still needs alot of work but because the character is so strong it kinda doesn't matter how he is in the ring at this point of his career. And turning on Rhea and aligning himself with Liv is only going to help him generate more heat.

I like Dom’s work and because his character work is great which is what I feel everyone should strive for, he can work accordingly. His biggest test for me was against Rey at WM and he delivered in that match.

Certainly, there is room to always improve and I’d be open to advising he bulks up however he deems fit and go on that Eddie run

I like Dom’s work and because his character work is great which is what I feel everyone should strive for, he can work accordingly. His biggest test for me was against Rey at WM and he delivered in that match.

Certainly, there is room to always improve and I’d be open to advising he bulks up however he deems fit and go on that Eddie run
I agree with you on that. He works according to his role and gimmick. My point was more that his work doesn't look that smooth. Which you can't really blame him much for considering his lack of experience. But the fact that he is learning how to work, rather than just going there and doing a bunch of cool moves gives me hope that he could be pretty good in the ring too.

He's definitely trying to channel Eddie, who I'm sure is a major inspiration for him. Just looking at his mullet and moustache

If they do it again in LA, maybe we can get some wrestling representation in the break dancing event.

Perhaps Shah Khan can pay the relevant US authorities to allow Tony Khan to compete 🤔🤔
Tony Khan would rather use the platform to show everyone how good the Young Bucks are. And then everyone will say that this is why we laugh at wrestling

I agree with you on that. He works according to his role and gimmick. My point was more that his work doesn't look that smooth. Which you can't really blame him much for considering his lack of experience. But the fact that he is learning how to work, rather than just going there and doing a bunch of cool moves gives me hope that he could be pretty good in the ring too.

He's definitely trying to channel Eddie, who I'm sure is a major inspiration for him. Just looking at his mullet and moustache
Think Dom's much better than Breakker who has similar amount of experience and training as him right now and both come from wrestling families. That's how I'd gauge his success.

Think Dom's much better than Breakker who has similar amount of experience and training as him right now and both come from wrestling families. That's how I'd gauge his success.
I don't agree with that. Breakker has an x-factor that Dom will never have. Call it genetics or whatever. But he has a natural charisma and presence that is evident even that this early stage of his career. Despite the limited move-set, Bron makes an impact. Whether its with his spear or just by running the ropes. I am almost certain that he will be their next Roman Reigns. This is not an insult towards Dom, but I don't see him ever reaching those heights.

I hope Bobby Lashley goes to TNA because I feel like him going to AEW has disaster written all over it. I can see his whole run right now. He will turn up and make some kind of shocking, surprise debut with MVP as his mouth-piece. The debut will be great. Soon enough, Shelton Benjamin will join them and then they will reform the Hurt Business along with some young guy like Lee Moriarty or Powerhouse Hobbs. And then, when everyone is white hot and the crowd wants to see them in the ring Tony will book them in their highly-anticipated first match against...The Dark Order. In a few short months they will become completely irrelevant. Because why would anyone care about The Hurt Business v [insert name of jobber faction]? So when the time comes for their big feud against the BBC or whoever else, no one will care.

Lashley is not a great worker or talker and is pushing upwards of 45, so I suspect that it won't be long before Tony books him into the ground and not long after that the fickle AEW fans will turn on him too. Because tbh if there was any wrestler that was a prototypical Vince wrestler it was Lashley. Plus, how many times can you put Lashley in a competitive squash match with a diminutive spot monkey till it starts looking like a damn joke?

I'm sure Lashley wouldn't mind taking home the big paycheck. He had reached his ceiling in WWE and was never going to be pushed like a top guy with Vince gone. Especially considering the amount of talent WWE has at the top of the card right now.

As a fan though, watching it is going to be such a damn waste of time. Because I have seen this plenty of times before and it always ends the same way.

I don't agree with that. Breakker has an x-factor that Dom will never have. Call it genetics or whatever. But he has a natural charisma and presence that is evident even that this early stage of his career. Despite the limited move-set, Bron makes an impact. Whether its with his spear or just by running the ropes. I am almost certain that he will be their next Roman Reigns. This is not an insult towards Dom, but I don't see him ever reaching those heights.
Breakker honestly hasn't improved as much as he should have had since making his nxt debut. He is still very much the same. His matches still are the same every time. His mic skills are the same. His character is still what it was back then. He's a powerhouse and has a larger than life look which is what makes his aura. He still has to get carried by his opponents. Goldberg had an aura about him as well but the only aspect he improved at was his promos.
Dom is totally unrecognizable now as to what he was back in 2020 which is what I call growth.

I hope Bobby Lashley goes to TNA because I feel like him going to AEW has disaster written all over it. I can see his whole run right now. He will turn up and make some kind of shocking, surprise debut with MVP as his mouth-piece. The debut will be great. Soon enough, Shelton Benjamin will join them and then they will reform the Hurt Business along with some young guy like Lee Moriarty or Powerhouse Hobbs. And then, when everyone is white hot and the crowd wants to see them in the ring Tony will book them in their highly-anticipated first match against...The Dark Order. In a few short months they will become completely irrelevant. Because why would anyone care about The Hurt Business v [insert name of jobber faction]? So when the time comes for their big feud against the BBC or whoever else, no one will care.

Lashley is not a great worker or talker and is pushing upwards of 45, so I suspect that it won't be long before Tony books him into the ground and not long after that the fickle AEW fans will turn on him too. Because tbh if there was any wrestler that was a prototypical Vince wrestler it was Lashley. Plus, how many times can you put Lashley in a competitive squash match with a diminutive spot monkey till it starts looking like a damn joke?

I'm sure Lashley wouldn't mind taking home the big paycheck. He had reached his ceiling in WWE and was never going to be pushed like a top guy with Vince gone. Especially considering the amount of talent WWE has at the top of the card right now.

As a fan though, watching it is going to be such a damn waste of time. Because I have seen this plenty of times before and it always ends the same way.
Say what you may but MVP was done dirty by Trips after taking over the creative. He was consistently one of the best talkers on WWE after his comeback in 2020. After he took over the creative, MVP was rarely seen.

Say what you may but MVP was done dirty by Trips after taking over the creative. He was consistently one of the best talkers on WWE after his comeback in 2020. After he took over the creative, MVP was rarely seen.
I mean Triple H didn't bring back the Hurt Business. But the decision to split Lashley and MVP and put MVP with Omos was Vince's. Triple H thankfully atleast understood that a guy like Omos was a special attraction and couldn't be overexposed. But as far as treating MVP goes, I think both Vince and Triple H share the blame for not recognizing his true ability on the mic.

Breakker honestly hasn't improved as much as he should have had since making his nxt debut. He is still very much the same. His matches still are the same every time. His mic skills are the same. His character is still what it was back then. He's a powerhouse and has a larger than life look which is what makes his aura. He still has to get carried by his opponents. Goldberg had an aura about him as well but the only aspect he improved at was his promos.
Dom is totally unrecognizable now as to what he was back in 2020 which is what I call growth.
Breakker doesn't need to go out there and have 20 minute bangers. He doesn't even necessarily have to do alot of moves. The look, presentation, athletic ability and personality take care of alot of things by themself. I feel like he very much has an aura about him. And he has been booked perfectly as the arrogant, young rookie so far. In three years he has gone from NXT to IC Champion. That's a pretty rapid rise. And I feel he will only get better with time.

Dom is a great character but its hard to see him ever becoming a main-eventer in this company. Or atleast anytime soon. Bron is about to have a rocket strapped to his back.

Breakker doesn't need to go out there and have 20 minute bangers. He doesn't even necessarily have to do alot of moves. The look, presentation, athletic ability and personality take care of alot of things by themself. I feel like he very much has an aura about him. And he has been booked perfectly as the arrogant, young rookie so far. In three years he has gone from NXT to IC Champion. That's a pretty rapid rise. And I feel he will only get better with time.

Dom is a great character but its hard to see him ever becoming a main-eventer in this company. Or atleast anytime soon. Bron is about to have a rocket strapped to his back.
I disagree.

John Cena lists Roman Reigns above The Rock as his Greatest of All Time by pointing out one way he’s ‘even better’

John Cena says Roman Reigns is his Greatest of All Time in WWE, and not long-time rival Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.

Cena and Rock duelled over the course of two major WrestleMania events a decade ago, with Cena since following in his former foe’s footsteps in swapping the wrestling ring for Hollywood.

The multi-time former world champion has confirmed he’ll retire from wrestling in 2025 with one final run in WWE, with fans and stars clamouring to fantasy book the mega matches that will make up his farewell stretch.

He’s also used the time sine making the major announcement at Money in the Bank earlier this summer to speak openly about not only his career, but the business in general.

Speaking on Club Shay Shay, the leader of the Cenation was put on the spot to name his WWE GOAT, with one reasonable assumption being he might plump for The Rock, given how the latter years of their careers have intertwined and even mirrored.

Instead, it’s Rock’s cousin, Roman Reigns, who tops the list for Cena, who sang the praises of the Tribal Chief for his work during his incredible near four-year run as WWE Undisputed Universal Champion.

That reign was ended by Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania – as part of a storyline that incidentally heavily featured The Rock – as WWE has soared on a tremendous run of sellouts, record gates and a new television deal with Netflix.

Cena insists Reigns can take a sizable share of the credit for that, explaining: “I don't think there is a better breathing example of the best the business has ever been than Roman Reigns.

“It's amazing that I'm saying a still-active talent, with years in front of him, is the greatest of all time. He's been in it since 2012.

“I had to work my way up. I started on the bench and then got on to the Saturday programme, lost every match.

“ He came in with The Shield and a really high-level spot, and never wavered. Even when fans didn't like him, he was still in a main event spot. He's been in a main event lens for over a decade.

“In 2012, the stock was trading at $11. WWE/TKO stock is now at $117. That's on his shoulders.

£There isn't a better indication, and I know it's a team effort, and nobody does it alone, but that, to me, is some serious s***.

“I have to give respect where it's due. [He] is smart, passionate about the business, multi-generational athlete. Has respect for his family, the locker room, the business.

“He's a very smart performer and someone I respect. He'd be my Greatest of All Time."

Cena was among the victims in Reigns tremendous tenure as the top male champion in WWE – the two battled at SummerSlam in 2021 with Reigns a decisive winner.

Three years later at this year’s instalment of the summer epic, Reigns sealed his return by confronting Solo Sikoa to begin the next chapter in the lengthy Bloodline saga.

Rock is almost certain to have a role to play again in the not too distant future and, while Cena had Reigns slated above the megastar in his own WWE ranking, he admitted The Smashing Machine star came a close second.

He added of Rock: “He did the same thing in the 90s. This is the one time I can say this because Rock's numbers are always number one, Roman's numbers have been better than Dwayne's."

Back at WrestleMania in April, Rock and Cena enjoyed an in-ring stare-down filled with nostalgia as part of the epic main event.

John Cena lists Roman Reigns above The Rock as his Greatest of All Time by pointing out one way he’s ‘even better’

John Cena says Roman Reigns is his Greatest of All Time in WWE, and not long-time rival Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson.

Cena and Rock duelled over the course of two major WrestleMania events a decade ago, with Cena since following in his former foe’s footsteps in swapping the wrestling ring for Hollywood.

The multi-time former world champion has confirmed he’ll retire from wrestling in 2025 with one final run in WWE, with fans and stars clamouring to fantasy book the mega matches that will make up his farewell stretch.

He’s also used the time sine making the major announcement at Money in the Bank earlier this summer to speak openly about not only his career, but the business in general.

Speaking on Club Shay Shay, the leader of the Cenation was put on the spot to name his WWE GOAT, with one reasonable assumption being he might plump for The Rock, given how the latter years of their careers have intertwined and even mirrored.

Instead, it’s Rock’s cousin, Roman Reigns, who tops the list for Cena, who sang the praises of the Tribal Chief for his work during his incredible near four-year run as WWE Undisputed Universal Champion.

That reign was ended by Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania – as part of a storyline that incidentally heavily featured The Rock – as WWE has soared on a tremendous run of sellouts, record gates and a new television deal with Netflix.

Cena insists Reigns can take a sizable share of the credit for that, explaining: “I don't think there is a better breathing example of the best the business has ever been than Roman Reigns.

“It's amazing that I'm saying a still-active talent, with years in front of him, is the greatest of all time. He's been in it since 2012.

“I had to work my way up. I started on the bench and then got on to the Saturday programme, lost every match.

“ He came in with The Shield and a really high-level spot, and never wavered. Even when fans didn't like him, he was still in a main event spot. He's been in a main event lens for over a decade.

“In 2012, the stock was trading at $11. WWE/TKO stock is now at $117. That's on his shoulders.

£There isn't a better indication, and I know it's a team effort, and nobody does it alone, but that, to me, is some serious s***.

“I have to give respect where it's due. [He] is smart, passionate about the business, multi-generational athlete. Has respect for his family, the locker room, the business.

“He's a very smart performer and someone I respect. He'd be my Greatest of All Time."

Cena was among the victims in Reigns tremendous tenure as the top male champion in WWE – the two battled at SummerSlam in 2021 with Reigns a decisive winner.

Three years later at this year’s instalment of the summer epic, Reigns sealed his return by confronting Solo Sikoa to begin the next chapter in the lengthy Bloodline saga.

Rock is almost certain to have a role to play again in the not too distant future and, while Cena had Reigns slated above the megastar in his own WWE ranking, he admitted The Smashing Machine star came a close second.

He added of Rock: “He did the same thing in the 90s. This is the one time I can say this because Rock's numbers are always number one, Roman's numbers have been better than Dwayne's."

Back at WrestleMania in April, Rock and Cena enjoyed an in-ring stare-down filled with nostalgia as part of the epic main event.

Austin is a bigger star in wrestling than both Roman and Dwayne.
Rock would be the second there considering how much impact he was able to produce in such little time.
One person who doesn't get enough credit is Hogan (i dislike him a lot). He is the one who started all the boom. But it was upto Austin and Rock to make it cool.

I don't think Roman would be the no.3 or 4 there. Cena himself can be up there considering he carried the company for over a decade in full time role.
The most legendary part of Roman's run has been the bloodline story and his title run.

I like the story they have told with Bryan going into All In and potentially winning the World title. But Swerve as the opponent just does not make this match feel as big as it should. As you said @shaz619 Christian in this role would have been a million times better. Not only would this match have meant more but it would have far greater heat as well. Personally speaking, I am sick of seeing babyface v babyface feuds. In WWE, its not as common but in AEW it happens far too often. Now Swerve who they promoted as one of their top babyfaces for most of the past year is supposed to be a makeshift heel for this match?

Happy to see Bryan get his big moment at Wembley though.

I think his match and the MJF v Ospreay match are the only remotely interesting things on this card. And even that feud has been diminished by the stupid USA v UK stuff.

I like the story they have told with Bryan going into All In and potentially winning the World title. But Swerve as the opponent just does not make this match feel as big as it should. As you said @shaz619 Christian in this role would have been a million times better. Not only would this match have meant more but it would have far greater heat as well. Personally speaking, I am sick of seeing babyface v babyface feuds. In WWE, its not as common but in AEW it happens far too often. Now Swerve who they promoted as one of their top babyfaces for most of the past year is supposed to be a makeshift heel for this match?

Happy to see Bryan get his big moment at Wembley though.

I think his match and the MJF v Ospreay match are the only remotely interesting things on this card. And even that feud has been diminished by the stupid USA v UK stuff.

He has lost the plot, interest has dwindled completely and booking these matches for a stadium show regardless off the kind of fanbase he has is ridiculous. Bryan/Swerve is an under card match, it doesn’t deserve the championship or main event. They wont give Christian a run for the sake of this fake perception of booking vets better than the WWE.

He has lost the plot, interest has dwindled completely and booking these matches for a stadium show regardless off the kind of fanbase he has is ridiculous. Bryan/Swerve is an under card match, it doesn’t deserve the championship or main event. They wont give Christian a run for the sake of this fake perception of booking vets better than the WWE.
For a guy who talks about how his company is all about the future and making new stars, the only star AEW has really been able to create is MJF and that more to do with MJF than Tony Khan's booking.

It's not ridiculous, its insane. There has to be some sort of mainstream attention on the main-event of your biggest show of the year, which also happens to be a stadium show. Swerve is not a star in any sense of the word. Most wrestling fans from this millennium don't know who he is. It is ludicrous to expect to draw a house on his name. But as a wise man once said, this is not a real business. It's not about drawing money and selling tickets. It's about putting on great matches.

Christian is their most reliable performer. On the mic, in the ring...as a freaking referee. He's someone who is a heel and actually tries to wrestle like a heel---imagine that! So ofcourse he is in a 4 Way Trios Ladder Match so Tony can go on a lame nostalgia trip and do his mark recreation of one of his favorite childhood matches, while putting Christian in risk of some kind of serious injury. What a dumb, stupid mark.

Sid Vicious has reportedly passed away.

RIP!

This is heartbreaking.

RIP, current gen wont comprehend you needn’t not do 450 flips and be a in-ring technician to thrill audiences around the globe.

Sid had an aura about him, his charisma was physical and he had the it factor. There’s a criminal lack of booking support for guys who could potentially fit in the Sid mould now.

You look at how a guy like Seth is positioned now and he doesn’t really compare to somebody with the aura of a Sid.

RIP, current gen wont comprehend you needn’t not do 450 flips and be a in-ring technician to thrill audiences around the globe.

Sid had an aura about him, his charisma was physical and he had the it factor. There’s a criminal lack of booking support for guys who could potentially fit in the Sid mould now.

You look at how a guy like Seth is positioned now and he doesn’t really compare to somebody with the aura of a Sid.
RIP.

That's what I was thinking aswell. He was never a good wrestler, but he didn't need to be. That size, charisma, and one of a kind look were enough to get him over. If he told people he was crazy, people believed him. Probably because he was lol. I mean, just ask Arn Anderson.

That's what's missing from wrestling nowadays. People who feel real.

He was a highly underrated promo too. His promos from his last WCW run are just bonkers and so fun to watch. Even when WCW was going down, Sid was consistently entertaining to watch.

For a guy who talks about how his company is all about the future and making new stars, the only star AEW has really been able to create is MJF and that more to do with MJF than Tony Khan's booking.

It's not ridiculous, its insane. There has to be some sort of mainstream attention on the main-event of your biggest show of the year, which also happens to be a stadium show. Swerve is not a star in any sense of the word. Most wrestling fans from this millennium don't know who he is. It is ludicrous to expect to draw a house on his name. But as a wise man once said, this is not a real business. It's not about drawing money and selling tickets. It's about putting on great matches.
Which wise man said that?

RIP.

That's what I was thinking aswell. He was never a good wrestler, but he didn't need to be. That size, charisma, and one of a kind look were enough to get him over. If he told people he was crazy, people believed him. Probably because he was lol. I mean, just ask Arn Anderson.

That's what's missing from wrestling nowadays. People who feel real.

He was a highly underrated promo too. His promos from his last WCW run are just bonkers and so fun to watch. Even when WCW was going down, Sid was consistently entertaining to watch.

I personally liked his work, there was some sense back then in terms of how somebody of his stature should work a match. You’ve probably seen the clips of Hogan wrestling like Dean Malenko against the Great Muta, that worked in Japan but he would never be the star he became if he performed like that in North America or Europe. And not even looking at big guys, Austin obviously adjusted due to his injuries but he doesn’t become a huge star working like the Ring Master. And then there’s the good ol styles clash, without guys like Sid or Heck I will even say Diesel, you can’t create the magic and psychology behind a good big guy vs a good little guy, and in Shawn’s own words, the boy hood dream doesn’t really get over. I genuinely miss that era and the big hole left in the upper main event scene of today, it just kinda feels like everyone works the same top to bottom 70-80% off the time, which reminds me that I miss Lesnar more than ever. It does depend on the booker to but a good big man should develop the IQ to work accordingly, it is difficult now…..

Just look at how Wardlow was treated, and I don’t have confidence the WWE under H would have done him any good either tbh

I personally liked his work, there was some sense back then in terms of how somebody of his stature should work a match. You’ve probably seen the clips of Hogan wrestling like Dean Malenko against the Great Muta, that worked in Japan but he would never be the star he became if he performed like that in North America or Europe. And not even looking at big guys, Austin obviously adjusted due to his injuries but he doesn’t become a huge star working like the Ring Master. And then there’s the good ol styles clash, without guys like Sid or Heck I will even say Diesel, you can’t create the magic and psychology behind a good big guy vs a good little guy, and in Shawn’s own words, the boy hood dream doesn’t really get over. I genuinely miss that era and the big hole left in the upper main event scene of today, it just kinda feels like everyone works the same top to bottom 70-80% off the time, which reminds me that I miss Lesnar more than ever. It does depend on the booker to but a good big man should develop the IQ to work accordingly, it is difficult now…..

Just look at how Wardlow was treated, and I don’t have confidence the WWE under H would have done him any good either tbh
I get what you mean but then you have someone like Taker too. Who was a great wrestler despite his height. Nash as well was pretty good I thought until his knees gave up on him. He was very limited moves-wise but the psychology was always on-point. In Sid's case his matches were almost always really bad. And that was not because of the psychology. It was generally how poor he was at executing certain things. Which you can understand considering that size and height. But again, that doesn't take away from what he did have. And above all, that was a truly one in a million look. There were very few guys even in that era that were taller than him and looked as good physically or felt as real.

Yeah its a really sorry state of affairs today. Seeing big guys trying to wrestle like cruiserweights may be one of the worst symptoms of modern wrestling. It looks so stupid and just defies logic.

Some sad recent deaths.

Afa - Don't know much about him except as part of the endless Samoan wrestling lineage and tag team with Sika. Think he had a training school back in the day.

Kevin Sullivan - Not old enough to have seen his Florida run but was ahead of his time with his satanic character. Reputation for having a great mind for the business and understanding of heel psychology.

Surprised he never found work after WCW. He learned from Eddie Graham who people tout as one of the greatest bookers and most detailed finish guys.

Sid - unfulfilled potential. Intimidation personified with a look every promoter would kill for. Apart from the two famous botches (We're Live Pal/I've Half the Brain That You Do), he was a good promo ! Intense and believable.

Unfortunately his in-ring work was dire and never improved. Whereas guys of a similar build like Taker and Kane were light on their feet, Sid was slow and robotic. In the 80s it wouldn't have mattered, but in the 90s match quality became increasingly important to fans.

He also randomly would go AWOL to play softball hence the nickname Softball Sid. In his interviews, he came across as massively in love with himself claiming he was "the hardest working person I know" and the biggest star ever. He was embroiled in controversies such as the Arn Anderson scissors incident and pulling a squeegee (!) on Brian Pillman.

He suffered a hideous legbreak which is gruesome to watch (once was enough for me), and deserves respect for just being able to walk again.

Sad to read he had cancer. Whatever his flaws, Sid was an unforgettable character. He came across well on Twitter with good analysis !

RIP to them all.

I get what you mean but then you have someone like Taker too. Who was a great wrestler despite his height. Nash as well was pretty good I thought until his knees gave up on him. He was very limited moves-wise but the psychology was always on-point. In Sid's case his matches were almost always really bad. And that was not because of the psychology. It was generally how poor he was at executing certain things. Which you can understand considering that size and height. But again, that doesn't take away from what he did have. And above all, that was a truly one in a million look. There were very few guys even in that era that were taller than him and looked as good physically or felt as real.

Yeah its a really sorry state of affairs today. Seeing big guys trying to wrestle like cruiserweights may be one of the worst symptoms of modern wrestling. It looks so stupid and just defies logic.

Taker is an aberration, and if you watched the Last Ride series you’d see the unspeakable abuse he put his body through. He came from Texas, the heart of the territory era and closely followed the Von Erich’s. He was a huge wrestling fan to say the least and I think it’s where he wanted to be, he got into the game early enough and was a student of the game, so this actually showed in his work / being exposed through the dangerous alliance, working with Heyman, Sting etc he was destined for greatness. Take was a tremendous athlete for his size and his agility came from his early wrestling career and competing in Div 2 of the NCAA, this tends to go under the radar but it explains his tremendous conditioning for someone his size, they use to have him run something like 2 miles in 10 minutes and if he failed, early morning sprints etc Doing all the conditioning work early and being such a huge fan of guys who were not just over but great workers heavily influenced him. This wont ever be repeated again, you talk about Ali’s invincibility in Boxing, Don Bradman’s 99 avg, Babe Ruth in Baseball, Michael Jordan in Basketball, Taker truly is one of a kind and cut from the same cloth when it comes to the mount rush more of the best big men, in fact you could argue his case for the best ever.

And honestly due to that I’d not compare Sid with Taker due to those reasons. Sid was bought up somewhere on a farm in West Memphis, he struggled with sports early and blossomed late like those skinny friends of yours who you see after years and are stunned by their physical transformation, he became more of an athlete later in life and did well in a number of sports. He wasn’t really a fan of the business and a chance encounter with Randy Savage in the gym got him into the business, so he basically had to learn on the job. And when he got over the way he did just on the fundamentals and his strong character, there wasn’t more which needed to be added, he was largely safe and did the job getting heat on the smaller baby faces. He wasn’t a ring general, but personally I will remember him for his purple patch and the matches he had with the likes of Shawn, Bret & Mankind, I think he is one of the better examples of the guys who started late but worked well enough to be effective and understand the purpose of the true purpose of the business. So I think he deserves to be considered among the best big guys to come out of NA, very few will be remembered for the kind of peak he did now, like when am older I wont recall much of Seth’s career but I wont forget Sid’s nutty promos or the matches which propelled Shawn to new heights.

Some sad recent deaths.

Afa - Don't know much about him except as part of the endless Samoan wrestling lineage and tag team with Sika. Think he had a training school back in the day.

Kevin Sullivan - Not old enough to have seen his Florida run but was ahead of his time with his satanic character. Reputation for having a great mind for the business and understanding of heel psychology.

Surprised he never found work after WCW. He learned from Eddie Graham who people tout as one of the greatest bookers and most detailed finish guys.

Sid - unfulfilled potential. Intimidation personified with a look every promoter would kill for. Apart from the two famous botches (We're Live Pal/I've Half the Brain That You Do), he was a good promo ! Intense and believable.

Unfortunately his in-ring work was dire and never improved. Whereas guys of a similar build like Taker and Kane were light on their feet, Sid was slow and robotic. In the 80s it wouldn't have mattered, but in the 90s match quality became increasingly important to fans.

He also randomly would go AWOL to play softball hence the nickname Softball Sid. In his interviews, he came across as massively in love with himself claiming he was "the hardest working person I know" and the biggest star ever. He was embroiled in controversies such as the Arn Anderson scissors incident and pulling a squeegee (!) on Brian Pillman.

He suffered a hideous legbreak which is gruesome to watch (once was enough for me), and deserves respect for just being able to walk again.

Sad to read he had cancer. Whatever his flaws, Sid was an unforgettable character. He came across well on Twitter with good analysis !

RIP to them all.

Sad to know about Sid Vicious.
That guy was built like a tank in his prime.

One of his greatest achievements was managing to go through his promo during the Shockmaster debut without breaking character. It was the biggest and the most funniest botched entrance of all time. Booker T was hilarious in it

Sad to know about Sid Vicious.
That guy was built like a tank in his prime.

One of his greatest achievements was managing to go through his promo during the Shockmaster debut without breaking character. It was the biggest and the most funniest botched entrance of all time. Booker T was hilarious in it

Can't believe I forgot that ! Yeah he did great to hold it together in that trainwreck.

It's been awhile ain't it boys?

I thought All In was solid & looking forward to Bash in Berlin.

The issue I have been contemplating on regarding the weekly WWE shows is that Raw feels unmissable yet Smackdown lacks something.

Until I realised yesterday that Smackdown doesn't have a definitive TOP heel. Solo Sikoa is a work in progress, Austin Theory & Waller are meh, Owens or Orton turning heel would be a temporary fix & bar Jacob Fatu, other members of the new bloodline feel very much placeholders for tag team wrestling.

Andrade is a interesting option to look at but it seems like the new regime want push him like a babyface rather than heel with Zelina by his side.

My point is😅 their are too many baby faces on Smackdown but not enough heels. Love to know what you guys think.

Taker is an aberration, and if you watched the Last Ride series you’d see the unspeakable abuse he put his body through. He came from Texas, the heart of the territory era and closely followed the Von Erich’s. He was a huge wrestling fan to say the least and I think it’s where he wanted to be, he got into the game early enough and was a student of the game, so this actually showed in his work / being exposed through the dangerous alliance, working with Heyman, Sting etc he was destined for greatness. Take was a tremendous athlete for his size and his agility came from his early wrestling career and competing in Div 2 of the NCAA, this tends to go under the radar but it explains his tremendous conditioning for someone his size, they use to have him run something like 2 miles in 10 minutes and if he failed, early morning sprints etc Doing all the conditioning work early and being such a huge fan of guys who were not just over but great workers heavily influenced him. This wont ever be repeated again, you talk about Ali’s invincibility in Boxing, Don Bradman’s 99 avg, Babe Ruth in Baseball, Michael Jordan in Basketball, Taker truly is one of a kind and cut from the same cloth when it comes to the mount rush more of the best big men, in fact you could argue his case for the best ever.

And honestly due to that I’d not compare Sid with Taker due to those reasons. Sid was bought up somewhere on a farm in West Memphis, he struggled with sports early and blossomed late like those skinny friends of yours who you see after years and are stunned by their physical transformation, he became more of an athlete later in life and did well in a number of sports. He wasn’t really a fan of the business and a chance encounter with Randy Savage in the gym got him into the business, so he basically had to learn on the job. And when he got over the way he did just on the fundamentals and his strong character, there wasn’t more which needed to be added, he was largely safe and did the job getting heat on the smaller baby faces. He wasn’t a ring general, but personally I will remember him for his purple patch and the matches he had with the likes of Shawn, Bret & Mankind, I think he is one of the better examples of the guys who started late but worked well enough to be effective and understand the purpose of the true purpose of the business. So I think he deserves to be considered among the best big guys to come out of NA, very few will be remembered for the kind of peak he did now, like when am older I wont recall much of Seth’s career but I wont forget Sid’s nutty promos or the matches which propelled Shawn to new heights.
The similarity in movesets of Taker and Kane also made for severe underratedness of Kane for the big guy athlete and wrestler he was. Taker was an anomaly and arguably the GOAT but Kane was also extraordinary and someone who doesn't get enough credit just because he spent most of his career in Taker's enormous shadow.

Back