[VIDEOS] Indian batting paradises, should such pitches be banned in Cricket?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Alot of comments were passed by our fellow neighbors about the Rawalpindi pitch, even though 95% of the time its a full house, still due to its batting track, we heard statements about how the stadium should be banned and ICC should place fines.

Ok Fair Enough.

Now, we are seeing 200+ scores and 200ish targets being chased down in the IPL, so shouldn't the same argument be presented?

Alot of comments were passed by our fellow neighbors about the Rawalpindi pitch, even though 95% of the time its a full house, still due to its batting track, we heard statements about how the stadium should be banned and ICC should place fines.

Ok Fair Enough.

Now, we are seeing 200+ scores and 200ish targets being chased down in the IPL, so shouldn't the same argument be presented?
Btw who was yesterday's MoM?

When is ICC going to ban the batting paradises, small boundaries in PSL?

On whose directive do we get such pathetic tracks that do not resonate the level of pitches around the world? Is it by Babar Azam and Rizwan who want to make their stats look good? Yet can’t be sold the Hundred???

Fact that there is a new rule of impact player is missed by the OP. It allows team to have extra batsman. So the scores are igher.

Interesting, so our indian brethren will keep on advocating different types of bans on Pakistan, but defend whatever they have to do.

Atleaast be consisstent with what your preach around to look neutral.

Came here to type the difference in rules of PSL and IPL.
@Major
So what is the science between one batsman who comes into bat and another who comes in as substitute?

This is not football. If you have played cricket, you dont waste energy in the field, especially if its a t20 game at night.

But sure, to defend the nationalism, keep coming up with poor logics

Interesting, so our indian brethren will keep on advocating different types of bans on Pakistan, but defend whatever they have to do.

Atleaast be consisstent with what your preach around to look neutral.

Have there been Indian poster asking for a ban on Pakistan because of the pitches they deliver in domestic circuit?

If yes, then they are wrong to say that.
If no, then you need to learn the difference between domestics and internationals.

What's up with these posts? Lol.

The arguments never made any sense to begin with.

No pitch needs to be banned 😂😂.

The ipl is a domestic tournament and is for entertainment.

are you seriously comparing it to test pitches specifically designed to boost a players average

Last edited by a moderator:
I think few people are getting over obsessed with anything in india.i wish bcci recognises them and treat them as genuine ambassadors of cricket.

OP is oblivious to the fact each Indian ground has specific characteristic that doesn't change much. Chennai drier pitch that aids spin and makes chasing tougher. Lucknow pitch is also dry. Hard to score against spin. Jaipur is a big ground on one side and it has a bit for everyone. Pace. spin. Wankhede and Bengaluru pitches are belter. BEngaluru is a high altitude venue that is why ball travels faster there. Both offer a bit of bounce. If you really bend your back you can get something. Also provides swing assistance. Hyderabad helps bowlers who bowl cutters into the pitch. INdian pitches are widely varied in nature more than any country. HOpe you do some analysis on that.

So what is the science between one batsman who comes into bat and another who comes in as substitute?

This is not football. If you have played cricket, you dont waste energy in the field, especially if its a t20 game at night.

But sure, to defend the nationalism, keep coming up with poor logics
T20 30-40 runs additional come up that way, I thought that was your argument on high scores in IPL.

Ok Fair Enough.

On what basis are you comparing international red ball pitches with domestic white ball pitches?

Because T20 pitches are totally comparable to Test pitches.

The difficulty in judging the Rawalpindi pitch was understandable. One doesn't know whether it was the pitch or associate level bowlers like Haris Rauf and Zahid Mehmood making it look bad.

Comparing pitches in Test cricket to those of a domestic T20 league :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They would if they watch it.

Unfortunate that ICC, Pak and rest of the world don't watch IPL. :inti

Ok Fair Enough.

Love these new rant threads where you talk these "Indian posters" who want to ban pakistani stadiums for a domestic tournaments.

First ip ipl psl are domestic t20 tournaments - so not sure icc has any role.

More importantly "any pitch" is the "same " for both teams. Both teams play on the same pitch. If it's a high scoring pitch - it's the same for both teams. And t20s by nature favor 6 hitters and big scores and that's what the cricket fans want

What's up with these posts? Lol.

The arguments never made any sense to begin with.

No pitch needs to be banned 😂😂.

Not sure what he wants to achieve. He struggles to understand the concept of not throwing stones when living in glass houses.

Not sure what he wants to achieve. He struggles to understand the concept of not throwing stones when living in glass houses.

Mamoon did that to major with his inzimam vs misbah thread, the thread was obviously a personal attack but hidden in disguise.

Idk about this particular thread but his last thread was a direct attack to @Nikhil_cric but hidden in disguise and subtly done so he can deny it.

Either some discussion happened with an Indian poster who shut his arguments down, or this thread is a Sequel or part 2 to his previous discussion.

Mamoon did that to major with his inzimam vs misbah thread, the thread was obviously a personal attack but hidden in disguise.

Idk about this particular thread but his last thread was a direct attack to @Nikhil_cric but hidden in disguise and subtly done so he can deny it.

Either some discussion happened with an Indian poster who shut his arguments down, or this thread is a Sequel or part 2 to his previous discussion.
In every thread, he asserts that Indian posters have stated various this or that thing.

Honestly , I don't mind young brother. PP is no fun without Indian and Pakistani/Brit Pakistani posters taking subtle and even open digs at each other.

It's all good. This is not life-and-death stuff.

Honestly , I don't mind young brother. PP is no fun without Indian and Pakistani/Brit Pakistani posters taking subtle and even open digs at each other.

It's all good. This is not life-and-death stuff.
Ik bro, I don't mind either, it's just funny and hilarious 😂😂.

I'm just exposing the real reason why it's made lol.

His thoughts are the easiest to read, The inad wasim smoke thread, these indian pitches thread, any post related to Amir etc etc.

Very very easy to read. They may all have complicated words but i can easily translate them to
And to glorify Misbah at everything. Like he doesn't like high scoring T20 matches because that's not suited for Misbah school of cricket.

And to glorify Misbah at everything. Like he doesn't like high scoring T20 matches because that's not suited for Misbah school of cricket.
Misbah being a good captain can easily be debunked by the fact that the goal of the game is to get as many runs as possible, chase as quickly as possible, save as many runs as possible and take as many wickets as possible.

Nasir jamshed dropped every catch in the 2015 wc tournament that came to him, He faiked in every game and fitness wise he was a baloon.

Yet Misbah kept playing him even going so far as to say he hasn't been given enough chances even though its a world cup and not a tour.

So I'm suprised he hates Bobby as a captain but like misbah as a captain when misbah also incorporated players in the team with poor fitness standards, had terrible fielding in his era to the point we have a youtube video as a meme, also had the tu hai mera match winner meme (In misbah era it was, these youngsters like shafiq who have played 50+ games haven't been given enough chances).

Misbah and Babar are exactly identical in terms of white ball cricket. Only difference is and the credit I'll give to misbah is that he was spot on when it comes to onfield decisions, whereas babar's sticking to the formula approach is extremely extremely annoying.

But otherwise fitness standards, Team selection Doati yaari, memes all that nonsense existed in misbah's era.

Younis demanding opening or no 3 in 2015 wc, or hafeez demanding opening, or misbah complaining to his critics on sr with his iconic " Kya mein chokei nahi marta" is no different then rizwan demanding no 4, Babar demanding captaincy and justifying himself as a t20 opening anchor or whatever that means, or chacha saying nonsense such as he's a world class famous finisher.

No, it would be boring because then we couldn't call their players flat track bully's.

I am also in favour of rank turners to, so that Ashwin and Jadeja can claim HOF status.

BCCI should end bilateral ties with ECB if they bring Hartley and Bashir over again, we can't have two school cricketers bowl as well as the so called Hall Of Fame spinners.

I bet PSL teams would be struggling to score over 170 on the same pitches.
There is a gulf between big hitting prowess of IPL players and PSL.players. Fragile Saim is the big six hitter in PSL. 21 in 200 odd balls.which is not bad But look at Abhishek. He has hit 17 sixes in 85 balls. A six every 5 balls. If you add Klassen, Russell, Stubbs Parag etc. t is massive.

but they are very much capable of defending such score with strong bowling display.
PSL bowling is just average. Your best bowlers like Shaheen, Rauf have regressed. Shaheen lost his pace and he is a mid 130's bowler. The rest of the bowlers are also nothing noteworthy. PSL bowling used to be good. But as of now, they are average overall.
I only rate Naseem Shah who is world class at the moment.

Tbf I think he makes threads to indirectly spite people.

But it's clear as day this thread is more of a personal agenda waw waw I hate indian fans thread then anything to do with the actual topic.

Major dreams of destruction of India.

These threads are just steps in it.
but they are very much capable of defending such score with strong bowling display.

You have better Bowlers than Bumrah Starc Rabada Kuldeep etc?

Bumrah Starc Rabada Kuldeep etc
Starc is nothing special based on his current form. Bumrah is the only guy excelling everywhere. On those flat wickets, Bumrah has been able to keep bateers quite when the other bowlers are going for more than 10-11 runs an over.

Starc is nothing special based on his current form. Bumrah is the only guy excelling everywhere. On those flat wickets, Bumrah has been able to keep bateers quite when the other bowlers are going for more than 10-11 runs an over.
Boult, Cummins, Fiz, Mayank, Pathirana have fabulous numbers. Bowlers who had to bowl at Bengaluru and Mumbai are obviously going to be more expensive.

Boult, Cummins, Fiz, Mayank, Pathirana have fabulous numbers. Bowlers who had to bowl at Bengaluru and Mumbai are obviously going to be more expensive.
But overall, Starc's numbers have not been that impressive in the t20 format recently.

But overall, Starc's numbers have not been that impressive in the t20 format recently.
If he doesn't swing he is a cannon fodder. Cummins is not a great LOI bowler either. But he is much better thinking bowler. He uses the ground dimensions better. He reads the pitch better. He mixes up the balls better. `Even a few youngsters have done well.

As for the Indian lot that want pakistan cricket to be banned, again, how can you justify these scores and than bash Pindi stadium.

All domestic matches are ICC sanctioned.

As for the Indian lot that want pakistan cricket to be banned, again, how can you justify these scores and than bash Pindi stadium.

which indian wants it banned, name some names.

@Major do you think the upcoming WC will offer such batting friendly pitches?
The USA leg is going to be very interesting as no one will have advantage and the conditions are going to be unknown.

For all teams, this World Cup is going to be an issue because no one knows what to select for what conditions. Teams wont be able to figure whether to take 3-4 spinners assuming there would be a spin track or more pacers due to the track being pace friendly.

The Pakistan vs India venue, no one has ever played there.

And its not only about pitches, but also about ground size. The reason why we lost at MCG was because we misjudged the fact that you dont need boundaries there but strike rotation as a double can convert to a triple there very easily.

Minnows will have advantage, because they usually have more allrounders filling in the numbers, so they have that flexibility.

Nobody said that. England scored 506 runs in day 1 Test creating history at Pindi stadium. You keep harping on about powerful batting line up accumulating 200 plus runs while ignoring some teams folded for very cheap total on certaiin grounds. These are all acceptable scores anywhere in the world. Fans don't come to watch teams folding for 160 runs in a T20 game.
Screenshot-2024-04-10-at-20.05.15.png

These sorts of batting-friendly pitches provide equal opportunities for other teams as well, so I don't think making bsuch can do any harm.

These sorts of batting-friendly pitches provide equal opportunities for other teams as well, so I don't think making bsuch can do any harm.
Today Pathirana took toally pitch out of the equation. Bumrah did too. Bowlers who lacked these skills travelled. Some guys succeeded by bowling cutters.

This IPL 2024 was surely batting heaven. Pitches were set for high scores every other day.

This IPL 2024 was surely batting heaven. Pitches were set for high scores every other day.

Worst bowling side vs Best batting side on a good batting wicket. Perfect storm situation. I don't expect RCB doing the same againist SRH bowling.

While IPL is definitely the competition where all stars feature, you don’t see such carnage at international level with regularity.

International cricket will always be the pinnacle, in whatever form.

This was brutal from SRH.

While IPL is definitely the competition where all stars feature, you don’t see such carnage at international level with regularity.

Yes

International cricket is all about Babar and Rizwan type players

True, but I would prefer international t20s to be like this too.

T20s should be a batters game and tests should be for the bowlers

I don't think many teams play even participate in internationals. They just take part ini leagues and play only in world t20 end up underperforming as they don't have any kind of gelling as a team. International T20 should be suspended.

Look at the bowling and who are playing against those gully bowlers.

I am not surprised though.
Rcb management thought they will steamroll opposition with their batting and bowlers are not required. In reality everyone else is doing what rcb thought to do it.

I don't think many teams play even participate in internationals. They just take part ini leagues and play only in world t20 end up underperforming as they don't have any kind of gelling as a team. International T20 should be suspended.
All teams apart from India seem to gel just fine.

Rcb management thought they will steamroll opposition with their batting and bowlers are not required. In reality everyone else is doing what rcb thought to do it.
Yeah they didn't pick a balanced side this time. They tried to strengthen their batting unit which led to them losing the balance.

Major dreams of destruction of India.

These threads are just steps in it.

You have better Bowlers than Bumrah Starc Rabada Kuldeep etc?
No dog in this fight, but…
How does questioning pitches in india (regardless of absurdity) equate to destruction of india?? lol

Disagree. Most teams don’t play their main bowlers in IT20s, while batters do get to play here and there.

We don’t see such carnage at international level consistently, regardless of how weak the bowling attacks are.

Can you expect USA, Canada, Uganda etc to concede two 270+ totals in a row to any team in the World Cup coming up?

These same South African monster batters were shown up by a modest Netherlands bowling attack, when the likes of Markram, Klassen, Miller can nail those bowlers 10/10 times in league cricket.

The pressure is something entirely different at international level.

Although I do agree with a poster above, where he says T20s should only be about entertainment.

Just a glance through this thread and I find that a very normal thread on IPL pitches has also turned into PSL- IPL comparison and India - Pakistan cricket comparison, meanwhile some posters turn just about every discussion into Babar and Rizwan discussion.

What's all this man? 🤦‍♂️

Disagree. Most teams don’t play their main bowlers in IT20s, while batters do get to play here and there.

We don’t see such carnage at international level consistently, regardless of how weak the bowling attacks are.

Can you expect USA, Canada, Uganda etc to concede two 270+ totals in a row to any team in the World Cup coming up?

These same South African monster batters were shown up by a modest Netherlands bowling attack, when the likes of Markram, Klassen, Miller can nail those bowlers 10/10 times in league cricket.

The pressure is something entirely different at international level.

Although I do agree with a poster above, where he says T20s should only be about entertainment.

If you orgnaize international matches exactly like Leagues you will see high scoring games. Most of the time world events are one off events where you cannot experiment a lot. You don't get to play together a lot. You suddenly come and have to click right of the bat. DIdn't you see how South Africa belted Australia only recently in SA iin one dayer. Heck England scored 500 runs in a test match in a single day in Pakistan. That is why in bilateral series you see a lot of high scores. Becaues you have chance to gel and play together as a team.

No they don't. They lose to minnnows on a given day like Englnad lost to Ireland. Pakistan lost to zimbabwe. SA lost to Netherlands. West Indies didn't even make top 12.
Those type of losses also happen in ODIs.

Apart from Indian players most other players get a more well rounded T20 experience.

How else will Pakistan feel good about having T20 batsmen who are apparently the best in the world?
Who else would think that Asif Ali is better than Babar? Who apparently should be the captain when he can't even get into a Psl team.

Just a glance through this thread and I find that a very normal thread on IPL pitches has also turned into PSL- IPL comparison and India - Pakistan cricket comparison, meanwhile some posters turn just about every discussion into Babar and Rizwan discussion.

What's all this man? 🤦‍♂️

WHen you start a thread to bring down something the discourse is going to be like this.

Who else would think that Asif Ali is better than Babar? Who apparently should be the captain when he can't even get into a Psl team.
Who is overall the better player, Asif Ali or Babar Azam?

Back