[VIDEOS] Pakistan to host Champions Trophy 2025

Pakistan should proceed with hosting other teams and conduct the CT in Pakistan. There's no point in complaining about India. It's a golden opportunity for Pakistan to successfully host the tournament without India.
Let's proceed. All the best.

I still don't understand why Pakistan travelled to India for the world cup. Spineless and gutless bunch they are. I am sure in the T20 world cup they will behave like fanboys with the Indian players.

Either India travel to Pakistan for CT or not. No hybrid. If they don't then Pakistan should never step foot on Indian soil again regardless of the fake assurances.

Pakistan Television Corporation (PTVC) and Tower Sports (wholly owned subsidiary of Hum Network Limited) have secured non-exclusive rights in Pakistan

The International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced that ICC cricket rights up until the end of 2025 have been awarded to Pakistan Television Corporation (PTVC) and Tower Sports (Landing Rights License Holder of Ten Sports Pakistan) in Pakistan.

Pakistan Television Corporation and Tower Sports have secured non-exclusive rights for six men’s and women’s ICC World events up until the end of 2025. Both parties alongside TV rights, will also have digital rights as part of the package which fans across Pakistan will be able to enjoy.

The events covered in both deals are the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024, ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2025, ICC Men’s Champions Trophy 2025, ICC World Test Championship Final 2025 and ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2025.

ICC Chief Executive, Geoff Allardice said: “We are delighted to welcome PTVC and Tower Sports into our portfolio of broadcast partners for the next two years. Pakistan is a very important market for world cricket with a large and passionate fan base and we are thrilled to be able to take ICC events to more people in the country.”

Managing Director, PTVC, Sayyed Mubashar Tauqir Shah said: "Securing rights to ICC world events for another two years represents a significant milestone for PTVC. We are thrilled to bring ICC World Cups to the homes of millions of fans across Pakistan. This underpins our unwavering commitment to delivering premium sports content and engaging with cricket fans across the country."

CEO Hum Network, Duraid Qureshi said: "Tower Sports is proud to announce its latest triumph in securing the rights to broadcast world cricket, reaffirming our commitment to deliver unparalleled sports entertainment to fans in Pakistan. With this exciting development, we can’t wait to bring the thrill and excitement of ICC World Cups directly to the screens of fans across Pakistan.”

We have heard the rhona dhona. As per latest official position, Champions Trophy is happening in Pakistan and there is going to be a house full in Lahore for the final.

Lets focus on the tournament, its preparations in Pakistan.
Talk is cheap- pcb will agree to bcci solution. All this official gung ho talk as stated above is for domestic consumption. Personally I want ind to play in front of hostile pak crowds- that's how teams with character win... but the hybrid model is the outcome. Money trumps everything with respect to all cricket boards. You can mark my post and your post come the CT time..

In all honesty, its probably come a bit too soon for Pak.

The country simply isnt ready to host a tournament, the infrastructure and stadia are from the 90s and need major work. This wont be fixed in 10 months.

There is no way fans should be sitting on stone steps in a major ICC event, nor should they be watching from a mile away in a dark enclosure with seating from the 60s.

Talk is cheap- pcb will agree to bcci solution. All this official gung ho talk as stated above is for domestic consumption. Personally I want ind to play in front of hostile pak crowds- that's how teams with character win... but the hybrid model is the outcome. Money trumps everything with respect to all cricket boards. You can mark my post and your post come the CT time..
Yawn. I am not interested in entertaining the obsession of some indian fans here. You guys can continue to discuss how CT wont happen in Pakistan amongst yourselves if that makes you happy.

I still don't understand why Pakistan travelled to India for the world cup. Spineless and gutless bunch they are. I am sure in the T20 world cup they will behave like fanboys with the Indian players.

Either India travel to Pakistan for CT or not. No hybrid. If they don't then Pakistan should never step foot on Indian soil again regardless of the fake assurances.
Words perhaps more appropriate for the PCB.

India must participate in the Champions Trophy in Pakistan. Otherwise, we as fans will boycott Indian cricket.
Pakistani players haven’t played IPL in 15 years yet many Pakistani cricket fans watch IPL matches regularly. Most Pakistani cricket fans won’t boycott ‘Indian cricket’ if they don’t arrive in Pakistan.

Posters were talking big about Asia Cup being played at home but PCB ended up meekly agreeing to play most of the Asia Cup in Lanka.

Let's see if BCCI can actually be convinced to come.

I'm surprised you haven't got the answer.

Its very simple. Minimize any and all gains to pakistan from Indian economy.

The other sports generates peanuts.

Then there is the behavior of PCB in the past.
In cricket BCCI has monopoly, in tennis no body will listen to them.

I'm surprised you haven't got the answer.

Its very simple. Minimize any and all gains to pakistan from Indian economy.

The other sports generates peanuts.

Then there is the behavior of PCB in the past.

I still don’t understand- this policy is from the GOI and not from Sporting Bodies

Why is the policy for Tennis different than that of cricket?

The ICC delegation visiting Pakistan to inspect venues and facilities for the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 called on Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi today. The delegation led by Chris Tetley, ICC's Head of Events, included Sarah Edgar, Senior Manager event operations at ICC and Aun Zaidi, Manager event operations.

The meeting was also attended by COO PCB Salman Naseer and Director International Cricket PCB Usman Wahla and other PCB officials. Discussions regarding the lead-up to and successful conduct of the ICC Champions Trophy 2025 took place between the PCB and ICC delegation.

Chairman PCB Mohsin Naqvi: “Pakistan is set to host an ICC Tournament which is an absolute pleasure and a welcome development not just for the board but also for the fans across the country who are an important stakeholder in this sport. The PCB will arrange top-notch facilities as per the stature of this historic tournament.

“I am delighted to announce that the PCB will upgrade the three major venues in the country well in time before the start of ICC Champions Trophy 2025. The PCB will leave no stone unturned in making this a very successful and memorable tournament.”

while Pakistan has a history of targeting cricketers with bombings. Choose which is considered worse.:genius
You mean when your countrymen made fake threats to NZ players because they were hurt that they were touring.

There was also the mumbai incident when england toured and a bomb went off.

People in glass houses and all that.:shh

It's not going to happen just because a pakistani wants it too happen, and I don't the pakistani love for south india, they maybe anti bjp but they are anti pak too. Karnatka and the telugu states are almost as nationalist as the north indian states, even kerala despite being full of commies is extremely patriotic. Its only a few DMK nuts in tamil nadu who want independence or separatism @Cover Drive Six
Your pm is doing a very good job himself.

He doesn't need my help.

For the record I dont love the south , east, north, west or any part of india.

Pakistani players haven’t played IPL in 15 years yet many Pakistani cricket fans watch IPL matches regularly. Most Pakistani cricket fans won’t boycott ‘Indian cricket’ if they don’t arrive in Pakistan.
Most pakistani supporters dont waste their time watching ipl.

You mean when your countrymen made fake threats to NZ players because they were hurt that they were touring.

Yup, Cricketers got shot at in India while being provided presidential security and the security personnel were playing dead.

I have said it many times and i will repeat:

CT should be in Pakistan. Irrespective of India visiting or not.

If ICC cannot hold the tournament because of financial viability, then they are to be blamed.
I agree. The tournament should go ahead in pakistan. If there is a financial hit that is something boards can take up with ICC. I don't think bcci will have any issues PCB hosting CT in pakistan. I don't think bcci opposed it when the tournament was awarded to them. They are unlikely to be bothered. BCCI will certainly look after their self interest and try to move it out of Pakistan. PCB should do everything to make it happen in Pakistan. If it goes ahead without India, it will honestly be a well earned break for Indian cricketers. It also will be at the fag end of Indian home season and a break before IPL will do world of good for them.

The difference is what I said is factual and what you claim is non existent.
Yea, it's a figment of my imagination that the Sri Lankan team was attacked with guns and rocket launchers in Pakistan, when they were promised presidential level security.

ICC delegation has given thumbs up and all okay to PCB for their Champions Trophy stadium plan and other preparations. Exciting stuff for Pakistan.

On the contrary, according to sources the delegation expressed reservations of the quality, infrastructure of the stadiums but the PCB has assured them that they will revamp the National Stadium, Qadhaffi Stadium, Pindi Stadium by 2025.

Your country's election campaigns are based on hate towards Pakistan from your far right extreme T s which is why a civil war between the north and the south is likely to break out.

Pakistan as a nation have clean hearts and don't hate on others indians included.

You don't see election campaigns in Pakistan based on india being the "enemy".

YouTube vloggers visiting our country are amazed with the hospitality and unrivalled generosity.

Your country has a lot learning and maturing to do.
Because your campaigns are not for leaders but for ones serving Establishment, and your Establishment lives of hatred towards India.

Also Except BJP who has Pakistan on their campaign?This time i doubt even they have it anymore.

I have said it many times and i will repeat:

CT should be in Pakistan. Irrespective of India visiting or not.

If ICC cannot hold the tournament because of financial viability, then they are to be blamed.
This makes majority happy.. and they should go with it.

Here is what will happen come 2025..

PCB will say that the tournament will and should be played entirely in Pakistan.

BCCI will say it doesn't have the clearance from GOI to send it's players to Pakistan.

PCB will say that India can pull out of the tournament (for domestic consumption).

Behind the closed doors , the likes of NZC, CSA, SLC, BCB etc will vote for the tournament to be moved out of Pakistan to allow for Indian participation $$$.

Tournament will be either moved to UAE/Bangladesh or England (outside chance) and this whole cycle will repeat once again the next time Pakistan is chosen as the "host' of an ICC event..

And life goes on...
BCCI should just pull out and let the tournament happen if they don’t want to send Indian team.

Pakistan deserves the CT.

Bomb went off in Mumbai during England tour? When?

Indians threatened NZ players?

Pakistan is the country where players got attacked with bombs and bullets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. AITA can say anything to make it a big deal. Tennis is a individual sport and both the Indian top ranked players pulled out. So did the captain.

No one cared about this tournament.

BCCI should just pull out and let the tournament happen if they don’t want to send Indian team.

Pakistan deserves the CT.

Yes.

Let ICC handle the financial issues. If the tournament is financially unviable then let ICC put it to the members for their opinion.

BCCI can make up their losses by organising a mini IPL at home during CT.

Six people, including five Chinese workers, were killed in a suicide attack on their van in Bisham on Tuesday. Do you think it could influence the chances of Pakistan hosting the Champions Trophy next year?

The timings also seem off. ICC delegation okayed Pakistan to host the event, but Chinese engineers got attacked. Any connections? Some external forces trying to sabotage the event?

First there was no bomb explosion

English team were not in Mumbai.

2010 Bangalore stadium bombing occurred on 17 April 2010 in M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore, India before a 2010 Indian Premier League match between the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians. Two bombs exploded around a heavily packed Cricket stadium in which fifteen people were injured. A third bomb was defused outside the stadium.

You need to carry out your own research I have highlighted these two but I don't have time to indulge further.

Bomb went off in Mumbai during England tour? When?

Indians threatened NZ players?

Pakistan is the country where players got attacked with bombs and bullets.

2010 Bangalore stadium bombing occurred on 17 April 2010 in M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore, India before a 2010 Indian Premier League match between the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians. Two bombs exploded around a heavily packed Cricket stadium in which fifteen people were injured. A third bomb was defused outside the stadium.

Martin Guptill’s wife, Laura McGoldrick, reportedly received a threatening email from an ID claiming that if the New Zealand cricket team played with Pakistan, then Martin would be killed. This threat was later found to be fake and generated from India.

Indian email IDs, devices and person named Om Prakash Mishra from Mumbai involved in sending fake threats to Martin Guptill's wife and NZ Police.

LOL, world cares about facts, not conspiracy theories. 5 gunmen came out of the blue and bypassed presidential security. Nothing more needs to be said.

You need to be coherent.

Two different incidents.

England returned to play the test within a month. They were not in Mumbai when the attack took place.

The match went on. Blasts were outside the stadium. Not in the stadium.

Cricketers haven't been attacked in India. No team has refused to tour India.

Pakistan didn't host international matches for years.

Even now, most of NZ players will be in India and not in Pakistan for a series and Babar will pad up his stats.

Don't forget the 2002 NZ team tour was called off after a terrorist attack.

The world knows Its an open secret that india want to cause damage to Pakistan cricket.

I agree nothing more needs to be said.
Yes everything bad that happens to pak is because of india.

There's a reason even Zimbabwe need presidential security during a tour

The world knows Its an open secret that india want to cause damage to Pakistan cricket.

I agree nothing more needs to be said.
No, The only thing that India does is refuse to play Pakistan in bilateral series.

No, The only thing that India does is refuse to play Pakistan in bilateral series.
Evidence says otherwise.

Martin Guptill is case and point.

Our people would never attack any touring team in any sport or in general.

Pakistan is known for its hospitality and kindness the world over.

Evidence says otherwise.

Martin Guptill is case and point.

Our people would never attack any touring team in any sport or in general.

Pakistan is known for its hospitality and kindness the world over.
'Hospitality' and 'kindness' that the Sri Lankan team and the match officials in 2009 will remember the rest of their lives.

You need to be coherent.

Two different incidents.

England returned to play the test within a month. They were not in Mumbai when the attack took place.

The match went on. Blasts were outside the stadium. Not in the stadium.

Cricketers haven't been attacked in India. No team has refused to tour India.
I guess you've forgotten about this incident. The first semifinal held at the venue in 1996 was abandoned due to unruly crowd behavior. The match between India and Sri Lanka was awarded to Sri Lanka after bottles were thrown onto the ground and stands were set on fire. The chase got off to a poor start for India, and a collapse triggered chaos in the stadium.

This was back in 2007, about time you guys moved on because rest of the world has and so have the Sri Lankans themselves. I hate to get myself trapped in this useless pretentious discourse about “security” but this was needed to be said.

I guess you've forgotten about this incident. The first semifinal held at the venue in 1996 was abandoned due to unruly crowd behavior. The match between India and Sri Lanka was awarded to Sri Lanka after bottles were thrown onto the ground and stands were set on fire. The chase got off to a poor start for India, and a collapse triggered chaos in the stadium.
We remember that. We own up to it. It was shameful what happened that day. The best we can do is ensure that something like that doesn't happen again.

This was back in 2007, about time you guys moved on because rest of the world has and so have the Sri Lankans themselves. I hate to get myself trapped in this useless pretentious discourse about “security” but this was needed to be said.

2009, great, see i didnt even remember the year, thats how old it is. Move on geezer. Whats the point having a life filled with hatred for certain country/people. Folks need to take themselves less seriously.

Regardless of security situation the teams will have a nostalgia playing in Pakistan and stadiums in particular resembling the stone age or Serie C style where only few thousand could sit and watch

2009, great, see i didnt even remember the year, thats how old it is. Move on geezer. Whats the point having a life filled with hatred for certain country/people. Folks need to take themselves less seriously.
Could it be that it was before your time?

If you want to talk about crowd trouble

Let me tell you about 1989 in Karachi, Srikanth was attacked and his shirt torn off by spectator.

2009. Move on. But that's Pakistan's decision. India will take its own. Both should be accepted.

Six people, including five Chinese workers, were killed in a suicide attack on their van in Bisham on Tuesday. Do you think it could influence the chances of Pakistan hosting the Champions Trophy next year?

The timings also seem off. ICC delegation okayed Pakistan to host the event, but Chinese engineers got attacked. Any connections? Some external forces trying to sabotage the event?

This incident won't influence the chances of CT, but Chinese engineers are pulling out and halting the projects.

Sports Minister Anurag Thakur opines India will not tour Pakistan for ICC Champions Trophy 2025

Minister says Pakistan spreading terrorism in India and hoping India playing in Pakistan can never coexist

Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said that the question of the Indian cricket team touring Pakistan for the 2025 edition of the ICC Champions Trophy will not arise until the neighbouring country stops itself from anti-national activities. The ICC awarded the Champions Trophy hosting rights to Pakistan and although the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have been trying to establish talks in persuading the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to allow the Indian cricket team to tour Pakistan, the Indian board have been firm on their stand.

The Champions Trophy will be held in February-March 2025. Thakur concurred with the board’s unwillingness to tour Pakistan and said while it is up to the current board members of the BCCI to decide, he said the question of touring Pakistan doesn’t arise at all. “It is up to the BCCI to decide. When I was the BCCI president, I had said that two things cannot happen at a single time. When you spread terrorism in India and talk about playing cricket in Pakistan, these two things can’t happen simultaneously. First stop carrying out terror activities in India,” Thakur said during a public debate.

He added that the day Pakistan stops indulging in terrorist activities India will definitely play in Pakistan. “The day Pakistan stops terrorism in India, India will go to Pakistan and play cricket. This is my opinion,” he added. The last time India toured Pakistan was in 2008 and since then the two cricketing nations haven’t faced each other.

Sports Minister Anurag Thakur opines India will not tour Pakistan for ICC Champions Trophy 2025

Minister says Pakistan spreading terrorism in India and hoping India playing in Pakistan can never coexist

Union Sports Minister Anurag Thakur said that the question of the Indian cricket team touring Pakistan for the 2025 edition of the ICC Champions Trophy will not arise until the neighbouring country stops itself from anti-national activities. The ICC awarded the Champions Trophy hosting rights to Pakistan and although the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have been trying to establish talks in persuading the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to allow the Indian cricket team to tour Pakistan, the Indian board have been firm on their stand.

The Champions Trophy will be held in February-March 2025. Thakur concurred with the board’s unwillingness to tour Pakistan and said while it is up to the current board members of the BCCI to decide, he said the question of touring Pakistan doesn’t arise at all. “It is up to the BCCI to decide. When I was the BCCI president, I had said that two things cannot happen at a single time. When you spread terrorism in India and talk about playing cricket in Pakistan, these two things can’t happen simultaneously. First stop carrying out terror activities in India,” Thakur said during a public debate.

He added that the day Pakistan stops indulging in terrorist activities India will definitely play in Pakistan. “The day Pakistan stops terrorism in India, India will go to Pakistan and play cricket. This is my opinion,” he added. The last time India toured Pakistan was in 2008 and since then the two cricketing nations haven’t faced each other.

Someone explain to me why did Pakistan travel to India for the WC?

(Coming from a Pakistani) this is a fair stance from an Indian perspective. More than simply words are required to even begin binding the wounds of the past. Pakistan can’t even offer words, let alone action.

'Hospitality' and 'kindness' that the Sri Lankan team and the match officials in 2009 will remember the rest of their lives.

Tennis is a individual sport. Cricket isn't.

The team that represents India is the national team.

BCCI officials visited Pakistan last year. Government said nothing.

The national team won't visit as of now.
I wish that PCB and Pakistanis get over this indian brothers crap. indians are your most vehemently determined enemy, they want you drowned and finished off for good. Why cant you understand that. Fools!

Pakistan needs to accept India will not come to Pakistan, India should play all their games in UAE but everyone else will play in Pakistan. The weather in UAE in February March will be good for cricket and the travel bw UAE and Pakistan is not that taxing. PCB needs to plan the schedule, itenary for this now in advance.

Pakistan needs to accept India will not come to Pakistan, India should play all their games in UAE but everyone else will play in Pakistan. The weather in UAE in February March will be good for cricket and the travel bw UAE and Pakistan is not that taxing. PCB needs to plan the schedule, itenary for this now in advance.

What about the knockouts?

Why not prepare a contingency to play without India? Arrange more sponsors.Involve PSL owners. More corporates.

Back