[VIDEOS] Pakistan to host Champions Trophy 2025

From a sporting sense, India not playing won't make an iota of difference in the final outcome, as the last 10 years have shown. India will make the knockouts comfortably and lose in a tame fashion, no matter who the opponent is. With other teams, at least the knockouts will be intense and full of intrigue. With chokers India, there will be no intrigue as any child can predict the outcome beforehand.

The greatest sports nation Australia wins every second big trophy yet don't do this kind of drama. India can't win zilch, but want to boss others because the 1.4 billion Indian public have made them rich, not because India has brought anything innovative in the sport. Even all the technologies and inventions come from England and Australia.

Sad to see so many Indians blindly defending anything India related, as if they are getting paid for their efforts. Blind nationalism does that I suppose.

If FIFA or IOC do to India what we do to others in cricket, it will become a national issue, worthy of debates in Indian Parliament. We will point at the unfairness of it, play the racism card, jealousy card.

I get it BCCI is not the toast town currently, but currently people here would blame them for global warming as well.

India will destroy all the teams on those lifeless pitches!
It's not about lifeless pitches.india gets tensed in knock outs and mess it up.A hostile env will help them to play every match as knock out and by semis they may adjust to handle the pressure

I hope things work out in some way and India comes to Pakistan to play. I think people will be surprised by the reception some of the Indian players would get - lots of Virat Kohli fans in Pakistan.

I hope things work out in some way and India comes to Pakistan to play. I think people will be surprised by the reception some of the Indian players would get - lots of Virat Kohli fans in Pakistan.

Yeah, it's a shame Kohli hasn't played in Pakistan. The guy would be treated like a king there.

Naqvi Sahab looking pretty optimistic but in the end, I am afraid that Pakistan has to accept the Hybrid model.

----------------------------------

Not even thinking about possibility of CT going out of Pakistan: PCB chief

Pakistan Cricket Board chief Mohsin Naqvi says he is not even considering the possibility of next year's Champions Trophy being moved out of his country despite the never-ending speculation surrounding India's participation in the event.

Addressing a media conference here on Monday night during the Pakistan Super League final, Naqvi confirmed that he held talks with BCCI secretary Jay Shah on the sidelines of the ICC meetings last week in Dubai.

"Yes we spoke for a while and it was cordial but it would be unwise to divulge details of what was discussed," he said.

Asked if India's reluctance to travel to Pakistan would cause the tournament to be shifted out of Pakistan, Naqvi said, "I am not even thinking on those lines we are confident we will host the Champions Trophy on schedule in Pakistan."

His comments come after an ICC board member told PTI recently that it will not ask India to defy any government policy that bars travel to Pakistan.

Naqvi added that the PCB was also prepared to deal with any situation as the event came closer.

He outlined that three stadiums in Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi, which would host the most Champions Trophy matches, would undergo renovation.

"Even as I speak plans have been drawn up and work will begin soon on these three stadiums to give the fans the best experience of watching the matches at the venues," he added.

India have not engaged in bilateral cricket with Pakistan since the November 2008 Mumbai terror attacks, in which over 150 people were killed. The last time an Indian cricket team travelled to Pakistan was the Asia Cup in June-July of 2008.

Last year's Asia Cup, which was to be held in Pakistan, was ultimately conducted in a hybrid manner with just four games held here and the rest in Sri Lanka after the Indian team refused to travel.

SOURCE: HINDUSTAN TIMES

Sad to see so many Indians blindly defending anything India related, as if they are getting paid for their efforts. Blind nationalism does that I suppose.

ICC's rule says - "ICC Board's position remains that it doesn't expect its members to go against any policy/instructions issued by its own government"

So BCCI cannot send its team to Pakistan if Gov of India don't give permission to play there. ICC simply can't oust India out of the tournament because they are not breaking any rules. The onus is on the hosting body (ICC & PCB) to find a way around it and accommodate team India. Either move the entire tournament to a neutral venue or have India games in another country as a hybrid model like we had for Asia cup. The issue with hybrid model is, unlike Asia cup where boards like SLCB & BCB can be easily persuaded, good luck in convincing ECB or ACB to do so much travelling to accommodate hybrid model. So the chances are the entire tournament will be moved out of Pakistan. Either way, Indian team will not go to Pakistan and that is final.

Now you may argue whether Gov of India's stance is correct or they are playing blind nationalism. That is a different debate all together but who put this restriction in the first place? It was Manmohan Singh and his congress party who couldn't take any action against Pakistan after 26/11 and took the easier route of banning cricket with team thinking public will consider it as tough stance on terrorism. I mean it was Vajpayee who kick started the cricket ties back with Pakistan from Aman Ki Asha series in 2004. Had the congress party not been so inept & corrupt, we would perhaps still have regular cricket ties with Pakistan. Now there is absolutely no incentive for Modi govt to force BCCI to play Pakistan as simply they need not to.

Cricket wise I agree that Indian fans are losing seeing our players playing in Pakistan. On those flat tracks of Lahore and Pindi, it will be dream to see a rampaging Rohit 'Hitman' Sharma or Hardik 'Sobers' Pandya etc. But as they say, all dreams don't come true.

The only think PCB should have done was to deny sending their team to India as well for world cup. That would have hit the pockets of BCCI and there could have been more negotiations on this status quo. However, PCB not only send their team, their players were enjoying Biryani etc. which gave an impression that PCB is a pushover board. BCCI knows even if India doesn't go to play CT 2025, Pak team will come again to India in T20 WC 2026.

I will like India to go to pak and test their nerve and mettle in a complete hostile and new environment.It will teach a good lesson for the squad.

There's no hostility in Pakistan against the Indian team. Just ask Balaji and the touring side of 2012 about the love and support they got

ICC's rule says - "ICC Board's position remains that it doesn't expect its members to go against any policy/instructions issued by its own government"

So BCCI cannot send its team to Pakistan if Gov of India don't give permission to play there. ICC simply can't oust India out of the tournament because they are not breaking any rules. The onus is on the hosting body (ICC & PCB) to find a way around it and accommodate team India. Either move the entire tournament to a neutral venue or have India games in another country as a hybrid model like we had for Asia cup. The issue with hybrid model is, unlike Asia cup where boards like SLCB & BCB can be easily persuaded, good luck in convincing ECB or ACB to do so much travelling to accommodate hybrid model. So the chances are the entire tournament will be moved out of Pakistan. Either way, Indian team will not go to Pakistan and that is final.

Now you may argue whether Gov of India's stance is correct or they are playing blind nationalism. That is a different debate all together but who put this restriction in the first place? It was Manmohan Singh and his congress party who couldn't take any action against Pakistan after 26/11 and took the easier route of banning cricket with team thinking public will consider it as tough stance on terrorism. I mean it was Vajpayee who kick started the cricket ties back with Pakistan from Aman Ki Asha series in 2004. Had the congress party not been so inept & corrupt, we would perhaps still have regular cricket ties with Pakistan. Now there is absolutely no incentive for Modi govt to force BCCI to play Pakistan as simply they need not to.

Cricket wise I agree that Indian fans are losing seeing our players playing in Pakistan. On those flat tracks of Lahore and Pindi, it will be dream to see a rampaging Rohit 'Hitman' Sharma or Hardik 'Sobers' Pandya etc. But as they say, all dreams don't come true.

The only think PCB should have done was to deny sending their team to India as well for world cup. That would have hit the pockets of BCCI and there could have been more negotiations on this status quo. However, PCB not only send their team, their players were enjoying Biryani etc. which gave an impression that PCB is a pushover board. BCCI knows even if India doesn't go to play CT 2025, Pak team will come again to India in T20 WC 2026.
Honestly, if there's any possibility of the Indian team traveling, it would be for the Champions Trophy. If it was before the elections, I would say it would be impossible. Post elections, flush with victory, this might be just the kind of symbolic gesture Modi and Indian government might allow. It doesn't have any real impact on Indian foreign policy but would get them a little good press.

It's Nawaz Sharif's government after all and relations do tend to thaw at least superficially when he's in power. If you remember, Modi made a flying visit to meet Sharif back in 2015 or so.

Let's hope for it though the possibility is small. I hope ICC and PCB have solidified their Plan B.

Hybrid model is nonsense. If India doesn't fulfil its obligation, strict action must be taken by ICC.

No matter how powerful, no country should be allowed to dictate terms to ICC. If economic powerhouses like England, Germany, Spain, France, Brazil can't get special favors from FIFA, if Russia can be banned by IOC, no need to bow before a bully like India. I understand that in this case, BCCI is not making the decision, the Indian government is. BCCI would love to cash in on more Indo-Pak games, as any board would. But government wants an enemy nation in Pakistan, for polarizing the Indian voters.

Even though I am an Indian fan and missing an ICC tournament will be disappointing, I won't mind if 8 other teams play the CT. I will pay money to get subscription for those games, even if India doesn't play because sport is bigger than any one nation. For once I hope other boards show spine and do what is right, enough of short term gains and greed.
You got more spine than a lot of people here including many Pakistanis.

I dont see Pakistan coming to India for t20 WC by any means if India doesnt come for CT. You are forgetting that people in south asia work on emotions and rightly so in this case particularly.

If BCCI wants to set up the precedence of sabotaging ICC events, the blood and blame will be on their hands for every future event.

There is no CT without ind. Ind will not tour pak. It will be a hybrid model. Without ind the event will be non profitable for sponsors and will be a non starter. And pak will come to ind for t20wc. These are the facts. It's just the reality. The rest of the stuff is just tabloid news

I dont see Pakistan coming to India for t20 WC by any means if India doesnt come for CT. You are forgetting that people in south asia work on emotions and rightly so in this case particularly.

If BCCI wants to set up the precedence of sabotaging ICC events, the blood and blame will be on their hands for every future event.

I also hope so bro that PCB takes a stance. However, the fact that Indian team didn't go to Pakistan for Asia cup but PCB sends it team to play the world cup in India immediately after that makes me doubt that theory.

There is no CT without ind. Ind will not tour pak. It will be a hybrid model. Without ind the event will be non profitable for sponsors and will be a non starter. And pak will come to ind for t20wc. These are the facts. It's just the reality. The rest of the stuff is just tabloid news

That's the issue. Cricket has become all about India.

This can be changed but countries need to show backbones and not just chase money.

Cricket at the end of the day requires a ground, wickets, bats, balls, cricket equipment, umpires, and players for a match to take place. You don't need Indian revenue for that.

Before 1947, there was no India. Was there no cricket then? How did teams play back then?

This "if India doesn't play, it wouldn't be profitable" doesn't make sense.

I also hope so bro that PCB takes a stance. However, the fact that Indian team didn't go to Pakistan for Asia cup but PCB sends it team to play the world cup in India immediately after that makes me doubt that theory.
You are equating a regional ACC event to a global ICC event? Pakistan had issues visiting India for the Asia Cup due to which India moved theirs to UAE as well.

Cricket at the end of the day requires a ground, wickets, bats, balls, cricket equipment, umpires, and players for a match to take place. You don't need Indian revenue for that.

Before 1947, there was no India. Was there no cricket then? How did teams play back then?

This "if India doesn't play, it wouldn't be profitable" doesn't make sense.
Any icc event if not financially feasible will not take place . And with ind generating 90% of the revenue- that's the reality. The CT events t generates funds for the pcb and all the other cricket boards. So they cant lose the funds which helps in the day to day operations funds for these other boards excluding probably aus and eng.

Any icc event if not financially feasible will not take place . And with ind generating 90% of the revenue- that's the reality. The CT events t generates funds for the pcb and all the other cricket boards. So they cant lose the funds which helps in the day to day operations funds for these other boards excluding probably aus and eng.

So, how was cricket played before India became one of the "Big 3s"? Was there no cricket then?

This doesn't make sense.

An ICC event can take place without India. It requires willpower, sacrifice, and less greed.

There's no hostility in Pakistan against the Indian team. Just ask Balaji and the touring side of 2012 about the love and support they got
Bro if pcb chairman openly declares that India is a dushman mulk,we should expect atleast a bit of hostility.Its not bad considering Indian players softness in the knock outs.

Jay shah should visit Canada with all the uneducated politicians . Check all the local teams here in Canada. We have Pakistani brothers and Indian brothers playing in the same team. There are no political clash between them. We are all brothers at the end of the day. I don’t understand this stupid logic

So, how was cricket played before India became one of the "Big 3s"? Was there no cricket then?

This doesn't make sense.

An ICC event can take place without India. It requires willpower, sacrifice, and less greed.
If BCCI is the owner of cricket now, there were different masters then. We had to watch our best cricketers beg to play in county cricket and miss our own domestic leagues. We had to avoid scheduling any international cricket conflicting with County. The ICC was called the "Imperial" Cricket council.

It's the way of the world. I don't think you need to worry. Given Bangladesh's economic growth, if it can strengthen it's domestic cricket structure and grow the game, it won't be long before it's admitted into the Big 3. Pakistan unfortunately still has a way to go but it can get there too. We'll turn this into a subcontinental game. It almost is already to be honest.

Comfortably the dumbest and the most illiterate post I've ever seen on an online forum.

And the funny thing is you're probably occupying the second place for that as well. :fizz

Are you denying there was no India before 1947? So, did cricket not happen then? Cricket doesn't need Indian revenue to take place.

As mentioned before, cricket only requires a cricket ground, balls, bats, wickets, other equipment, boundary rope, match officials, and 22 healthy players. The issue is modern day cricket has become unnecessarily complicated.

A global event should be profitable with or without India. Cricket should not be about one country.

Jay shah should visit Canada with all the uneducated politicians . Check all the local teams here in Canada. We have Pakistani brothers and Indian brothers playing in the same team. There are no political clash between them. We are all brothers at the end of the day. I don’t understand this stupid logic

You mean with his father?

Are you denying there was no India before 1947? So, did cricket not happen then? Cricket doesn't need Indian revenue to take place.

As mentioned before, cricket only requires a cricket ground, balls, bats, wickets, other equipment, boundary rope, match officials, and 22 healthy players. The issue is modern day cricket has become unnecessarily complicated.

A global event should be profitable with or without India. Cricket should not be about one country.
Cricket was barely played by 2-3 countries back then and there were no icc tournaments.

We don't live in 1946 do we, wake up.

I want india to play in pak but unfortunately the chances seem limited.

From a sporting sense, India not playing won't make an iota of difference in the final outcome, as the last 10 years have shown. India will make the knockouts comfortably and lose in a tame fashion, no matter who the opponent is. With other teams, at least the knockouts will be intense and full of intrigue. With chokers India, there will be no intrigue as any child can predict the outcome beforehand.

Its not hard to understand.

Replace India with South India and even you will become a blind nationalist as I have evidenced in quite a lot of threads.

We feel the same sort of connection and love for India as you do for your beloved South India.

Unlike you, the northern part has felt the effect of the rivalry with Pakistan, so your opinion counts for zilch here.

For example you have more hate for Notth India than you have for Pakistan and you know that.

So your post for brownie points doesn’t reflect an average Indians view about Pakistan.

This doesn't make sense.

Times have changed. It was eng before that contrlled icc and generated revenue. Now it's ind and it's not even close to anything that was ever there in the game before.

Your last sentence explains everything the reality in a nutshell. No board is willing to do it including pcb. Easy to say - willpower sacrifice less greed etc - but no board will run a loss making game when they have to.put their own money down. Your last sentence is the reality answer to this thread basically

It's very easy to pass judgment while sitting at home on a cozy sofa, using a keyboard, with just an internet connection. However, this is a life-threatening issue. Just for the sake of entertainment, players shouldn't have to risk their lives. Indian players face greater threats in Pakistan compared to other foreign nationals due to obvious reasons. Who will be responsible if one of the security personnel compromises? How India performs in the finals is completely irrelevant to the topic; it's about the security issue. I would prefer the Indian team either staying at home or losing another final rather than playing in Pakistan under the current circumstances. This is not right time.

It's very easy to pass judgment while sitting at home on a cozy sofa, using a keyboard, with just an internet connection. However, this is a life-threatening issue. Just for the sake of entertainment, players shouldn't have to risk their lives. Indian players face greater threats in Pakistan compared to other foreign nationals due to obvious reasons. Who will be responsible if one of the security personnel compromises? How India performs in the finals is completely irrelevant to the topic; it's about the security issue. I would prefer the Indian team either staying at home or losing another final rather than playing in Pakistan under the current circumstances. This is not right time.

India played in Pakistan a few times in 21st century. Nothing happened. They had a great time.

India should play in 2025 CT (without moving host country) and see if they can break the championship drought.

Its not hard to understand.

Replace India with South India and even you will become a blind nationalist as I have evidenced in quite a lot of threads.

We feel the same sort of connection and love for India as you do for your beloved South India.

Unlike you, the northern part has felt the effect of the rivalry with Pakistan, so your opinion counts for zilch here.

For example you have more hate for Notth India than you have for Pakistan and you know that.

So your post for brownie points doesn’t reflect an average Indians view about Pakistan.
Bhakts like you always resort to ad hominem attacks, can never counter points, only shifting of goalposts, diversions and falsehoods.

I neither hate North India nor Pakistan. I hate certain individuals, especially crooked politicians, even from my state.

The greatest sports nation Australia wins every second big trophy yet don't do this kind of drama. India can't win zilch, but want to boss others because the 1.4 billion Indian public have made them rich, not because India has brought anything innovative in the sport. Even all the technologies and inventions come from England and Australia.

Do you want to risk their lives just for the sake of your entertainment?
It's not easy to tour Pakistan, as you simply stated.

This doesn't make sense.

There is no Big3 anymore. There is only Big1. One country generates 90% of revenues. So Big1 it is.

Yes, ICC event can take place, but will likely incur losses. We all live in the real world. Bills come due. You have to pay a whole lot of people to run a tournament. If you lose the avenue that makes 90% of your revenues, how do you pay the bill? You cannot get maintain the same quality for a lot less $$$.

There is no Big3 anymore. There is only Big1. One country generates 90% of revenues. So Big1 it is.

Yes, ICC event can take place, but will likely incur losses. We all live in the real world. Bills come due. You have to pay a whole lot of people to run a tournament. If you lose the avenue that makes 90% of your revenues, how do you pay the bill? You cannot get maintain the same quality for a lot less $$$.

So, are you saying that if India stop playing cricket, game of cricket will stop? I don't think so.

Pakistan played in Ahmedabad, in the fortress of RSS/BJP with Amit Shah in attendance. What the crowd did to Pakistani players was the lowest of lows. Tough for Pakistan to match the barbarism and hate that Ahmedabad crowd showed.

Cricketers from first World Countries like England, Australia, NZ are travelling to Pakistan these days without much fuss so Indian Cricketers travelling is no big deal when India is just only slightly better than Pakistan. This " Pakistan not safe for International/Indian Cricketers " card just won't work anymore when rest of the Cricket teams have no issues in travelling to Pakistan.

This is just a petty chest thumping for the ruling government in India these days whose members are also influential in running affairs of BCCI, Modi just wants to show what a strong Patriot tough guy he is , who wouldn't want Sporting relations with Pakistan.

These same Indian athletes from other sports like Tennis for example, visited Pakistan very recently and nobody cares, only during Cricket matches it become a matter of National Pride and Sacrifice or Soldiers on border.

India played in Pakistan a few times in 21st century. Nothing happened. They had a great time.

India should play in 2025 CT (without moving host country) and see if they can break the championship drought.

You don't need retrospective 21st-century stories. Are you following Pakistan's news regularly? It has witnessed an alarming rise in terror and suicide attacks, as reported by Dawn, citing the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies (PICSS) report. According to the report, every few days, even Pakistan's own army personnel are being killed by terrorists.

It noted that 2023 was the deadliest year for Pakistani police and military forces in a decade, collectively losing more than 500 personnel in terrorist bombings and ambushes. Militant attacks across Pakistan killed around 500 civilians and a similar number of security forces in 2023, the highest number of fatalities the country has experienced in six years, according to a new report released Sunday.

https://www.voanews.com/a/report-te...nearly-1-000-pakistanis-in-2023-/7419344.html

So, are you saying that if India stop playing cricket, game of cricket will stop? I don't think so.
No, it will not stop. But it will not be fruitful to have a career in cricket. With a lot less $$$ earning potential, people will be driven away from the sport. The sport will lose out on talented players. That is a huge change.

Not to mention broadcasting and all associated things that go with it. In game technology is another. DRS costs a lot of money. If for example, ICC makes a whole lot less money, can they pay for DRS and other things and still have enough $$$ left over to pay boards like WI, SL, ZIM, AFG, heck even CSA and PCB?

Unless some other board(s) steps up and ups the ante, an India less cricketing world will be hard to make lucrative.

Indian players were received wonderfully by Pak crowds in 2004. Those players talk about the hospitality even now, Indian fans were looked after very well and shopkeepers used to refuse taking money from them.

Crooked politicians don't want people to people contact because then their divisive agenda of divide and rule will become more difficult. Cricket and Bollywood are being used as political tools by extremist Sanghis. If they were motivated by principles, they wouldn't have allowed Indian kabaddi, volleyball and tennis teams to cross Wagah.

Bhakts like you always resort to ad hominem attacks, can never counter points, only shifting of goalposts, diversions and falsehoods.

I neither hate North India nor Pakistan. I hate certain individuals, especially crooked politicians, even from my state.

see , here we go :yk

Assumed my political preference.

I actually countered your points, while you on the other hand showed your low iq.

I have seen your posts hoping for South India to form an alliance and all, don’t pretend to be morally right.

You got your brownie points, now relax.

You don’t get to decide if India wants to play or not, the government does that.

I actually countered your points, while you on the other hand showed your low iq.

I have seen your posts hoping for South India to form an alliance and all, don’t pretend to be morally right.

You don’t get to decide if India wants to play or not, the government does that.
You wear your political preference on your chest Sanghi. I am yet to see you make an intelligent post.

I still want South India to form a political alliance against Hindutva forces.

Pakistan played in Ahmedabad, in the fortress of RSS/BJP with Amit Shah in attendance. What the crowd did to Pakistani players was the lowest of lows. Tough for Pakistan to match the barbarism and hate that Ahmedabad crowd showed.
With every post you are showing your hate for North India especially Gujarat.

The crowd chanted slogans, that happens in big matches .

On the other hand teams have actually withdrawn from Pakistan(nz), just look at their political situation, easy to know that the country is unstable and no one from India would be comfortable in going there.

You have a habit of showing hatredness towards Gujarat or any other Hindi state whenever you find some minor issue. Booing and abuses are common across the Indian subcontinent; what BJP and RSS have to do with it? Australian and English spectators also engage in racial abusing and booing. You're saying this is something that happened for the first time in Gujarat.

Let me remind you of our neighboring state Kerala. Just last week, an incident occurred where a mob beat an African footballer after calling him a monkey. Now, instead of chanting on Gujarat, RSS, or BJP, let's consider the broader issue at hand.

You wear your political preference on your chest Sanghi. I am yet to see you make an intelligent post.

Again, I wont abuse you here coz I have already triggered you enough.

You have shown where you come from.
Every post shows your hate for both North India and North Indians.

Indians going on and on about security forgetting the issue of women's security here. Still WPL went ahead.

Same people will make sweeping generalizations against other countries but be up in arms when the favors are returned.

You have a habit of showing hatredness towards Gujarat or any other Hindi state whenever you find some minor issue. Booing and abuses are common across the Indian subcontinent; what BJP and RSS have to do with it? Australian and English spectators also engage in racial abusing and booing. You're saying this is something that happened for the first time in Gujarat.

Let me remind you of our neighboring state Kerala. Just last week, an incident occurred where a mob beat an African footballer after calling him a monkey. Now, instead of chanting on Gujarat, RSS, or BJP, let's consider the broader issue at hand.

Don't pretend to be innocent. Religious slogans were chanted against certain Pak players. Aussies and English spectators don't do that

I don't support the crowd in Kerala. 15 people have been booked, I am sure they will face the law. Politics in Kerala is different, lynchers and rapists aren't garlanded because they targeted a certain community.

I don't hate any state, I will still support an Arvind Kejriwal over 99% politicians in TN. I respect AAP voters more than most voters of TN.

Why do you keep bringing up politics in this thread? The topic was about security issues, and it seems like you're frustrated with posters who oppose your views, labeling them as Bhakts, BJP, RSS.

Wishing all the best to your so-called South Indian anti-Hindutva brigade alliance. Please note that your views do not represent all South Indians, like me.

Indians going on and on about security forgetting the issue of women's security here. Still WPL went ahead.

Same people will make sweeping generalizations against other countries but be up in arms when the favors are returned.

:yk

Women’s security and WPL?
The argument is totally out of context.

But I know you don’t have much to say and defend your holier than thou opinions, so you are now clutching at straws.

Comparing going to a rival country to organising WPL.

I wish Indian government shows similar spine against China, always easier to bully those weaker than us.

Last year Asian Games were held in China, same country which is occupying Indian land. They didn't allow athletes from Arunachal to participate, sent them back from the airport, yet not a squeak of protest or threat to boycott by the patriots.
They will do mental gymnastics to make that humiliation look like a masterstroke by their supreme leader.

:yk

Women’s security and WPL?
The argument is totally out of context.

But I know you don’t have much to say and defend your holier than thou opinions, so you are now clutching at straws.

Comparing going to a rival country to organising WPL.
Is China a rival country or friendly country?

Your thoughts on abandoning our Arunachal athletes and participating in Asian Games last year. Wonder what logic you will come up with this time.

Cricketers from first World Countries like England, Australia, NZ are travelling to Pakistan these days without much fuss so Indian Cricketers travelling is no big deal
This is just a petty chest thumping for the ruling government in India these days whose members are also influential in running affairs of BCCI, Modi just wants to show what a strong Patriot tough guy he is , who wouldn't want Sporting relations with Pakistan.
You can't pretend that relations between ind and pak are the same as that between pak and nz, a completely different ballgame. Indian players will always have to fear a bit more.

It was the Congress govt under Dr Singh who severed cricketing relations with Pak

But I hope India travel to pak for the ct

I am sorry but this Dravida Nadu nonsense dosent sell outside the DMK offices, tamil nadu is despised by its neighbouring states which want nothing to do with the dravidian movement

Why do you keep bringing up politics in this thread? The topic was about security issues, and it seems like you're frustrated with posters who oppose your views, labeling them as Bhakts, BJP, RSS.

Wishing all the best to your so-called South Indian anti-Hindutva brigade alliance. Please note that your views do not represent all South Indians, like me.
I didn't start personal attacks, that other poster did, including blatant lies.

Don't expect you to notice that, you have your biases I guess.

You don't need retrospective 21st-century stories. Are you following Pakistan's news regularly? It has witnessed an alarming rise in terror and suicide attacks, as reported by Dawn, citing the Pakistan Institute for Conflict and Security Studies (PICSS) report. According to the report, every few days, even Pakistan's own army personnel are being killed by terrorists.

It noted that 2023 was the deadliest year for Pakistani police and military forces in a decade, collectively losing more than 500 personnel in terrorist bombings and ambushes. Militant attacks across Pakistan killed around 500 civilians and a similar number of security forces in 2023, the highest number of fatalities the country has experienced in six years, according to a new report released Sunday.

https://www.voanews.com/a/report-te...nearly-1-000-pakistanis-in-2023-/7419344.html

Are you aware many international teams successfully toured Pakistan in recent times (including England, Australia, and NZ)? What about Indian Tennis players? They successfully visited Pakistan very recently. Check here: https://www.timesnownews.com/sports...state-security-in-islamabad-article-107255632.

Come up with better excuses. Don't just read BJP newspapers.

In India, a Brazilian woman got raped by 7 rapists. Maybe you should worry about fixing that first.

Andhbhakts have hijacked everything from Twitter to even Pakpassion now. What a fall

Are you stupid or acting like one? You're seriously comparing the security issues to the crowd behaviour?

Do you need to be reminded about a friendly Srilankan team getting attacked in Pakistan. India is openly considered as 'Dushman Mulk' by many Pakistanis including their chairman.

Are you aware many international teams successfully toured Pakistan in recent times (including England, Australia, and NZ)? What about Indian Tennis players? They successfully visited Pakistan very recently. Check here: https://www.timesnownews.com/sports...state-security-in-islamabad-article-107255632.

In India, a Brazilian woman got raped by 7 rapists. Maybe you should worry about fixing that first.

I don't care about other countries. As I said earlier, the Indian cricket team faces more threats in Pakistan compared to any other nation.
Take a good look at my previous post again. I mentioned the Dawn report and US news, not BJP or Bangla newspapers.

You should be the last person to talk about BJP newspaper sir Erodgan spokerspn

I never knew that the BJP controls American news channels wow and what does rape have to do with the safety of a cricket team from terrorism, huh?

Thoda socho likhne se pehle

And those who live in glass houses

CT should go ahead in Pakistan, if India can’t then its BCCI problem, one can’t keep waiting for the country to tour.

You should be the last person to talk about BJP newspaper sir Erodgan spokerspn

Rather than deflecting, why don't you address what I wrote?

Teams have successfully toured Pakistan in recent times.

PSL was successfully hosted in recent times.

Indian tennis team successfully toured Pakistan recently.

Therefore, India have no excuse to not tour Pakistan for CT 2025. If Indian tennis team can visit, why can't cricket team?

Rather than deflecting, why don't you address what I wrote?

Teams have successfully toured Pakistan in recent times.

PSL was successfully hosted in recent times.

Indian tennis team successfully toured Pakistan recently.

Therefore, India have no excuse to not tour Pakistan for CT 2025. If Indian tennis team can visit, why can't cricket team?
India has the same excuse that Pakistan has used before for their players and teams.

If you don’t know history don’t bother.

Are you stupid or acting like one? You're seriously comparing the security issues to the crowd behaviour?

Do you need to be reminded about a friendly Srilankan team getting attacked in Pakistan. India is openly considered as 'Dushman Mulk' by many Pakistanis including their chairman.

India has faced attacks too in the past. Security situation is dire in many Indian states with an ongoing civil war in Manipur. The communal tensions are at an all time high with a breakdown point possible at any given time. Still cricket has gone on

India has faced attacks too in the past. Security situation is dire in many Indian states with an ongoing civil war in Manipur. The communal tensions are at an all time high with a breakdown point possible at any given time. Still cricket has gone on
This is the least communal tension and riots we have had in our small history.

But agree on overall situation and that games do go on, but tbf to India we have hosted so many events over the last decade esp since 2010 common wealth games.

Simps more for pak and turkey than his own land, me thinks there's an element of insecurity regarding his ethnicity

Or maybe the actual insecure ones hide behind the keyboard and are terrified at the thought of someone from their own looking upto a superior race?

This is the least communal tension and riots we have had in our small history.

But agree on overall situation and that games do go on, but tbf to India we have hosted so many events over the last decade esp since 2010 common wealth games.
Yes because one particular community has been pushed and marginalised to such an extent with brazen institutional support that they simply want to survive than fight back against dehumanisation

I never knew that the BJP controls American news channels wow and what does rape have to do with the safety of a cricket team from terrorism, huh?

Thoda socho likhne se pehle

And those who live in glass houses

Fix your own rape issue first.

One Brazilian lady got raped by 7 rapists. Ask BIMARU men to apply cold water.

Rape issue in India seems far more severe than any other South Asian country (along with toilet shortages).

Back