[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters
Did the great windies team of 70s 80s play with spinners? No need when you have rolf Haris.
Joke aside, its really puzzling to not see any proper spinner playing in these games from Paksitan. Every team has proper spinners. Part timers can do well occasionally, but got to play spinners regulalrly. At least 1 proper spinner if not 2.

Joke aside, its really puzzling to not see any proper spinner playing in these games from Paksitan. Every team has proper spinners. Part timers can do well occasionally, but got to play spinners regulalrly. At least 1 proper spinner if not 2.
Our proper spinners (whatever we do have) are warming the bench every tournament.

It’s a dangerous precedent to set and now every young player would want to be like Shadab, Imad or Nawaz where they can do a bit of both and be bad at everything.

Our proper spinners (whatever we do have) are warming the bench every tournament.

It’s a dangerous precedent to set and now every young player would want to be like Shadab, Imad or Nawaz where they can do a bit of both and be bad at everything.
I somehow don't remember them doing that well with either bat or ball. May be there is place for such players but not at expense of not playing any proper spinner.

I somehow don't remember them doing that well with either bat or ball. May be there is place for such players but not at expense of not playing any proper spinner.
You can find a few games here and there, but that doesn’t mean you promote them before a proper middle order batter in Iftikhar Ahmed.

Just to have Shadab bat, we messed up the careers of Usama Mir and Abrar Ahmed. I mean, such unprofessionalism only happens in Pakistan and then we sit here and cry why everything is going wrong.

Babar did not want to play abrar ahead of his buddy Shadab that is why he kept on dragging him even though everybody knew that shadab was no good.

I hope this dosti culture can be put to rest for good now because I don't wanna see Babar captain anymore. He has had enough time to improve but he is still living in past.

Last edited:
So what happened to Kristen’s report? Looks like things getting cooler as fans gave up. Naqvi doesn’t looking keen to do anything

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Babar's biggest mistake ... ': Former Pakistan cricketer slams Babar Azam's captaincy, calls him 'weak'
Former Pakistan cricketer Rashid Latif on Tuesday criticised Pakistan captain Babar Azam for his poor leadership in the recently concluded ICC T20 World Cup in the Americas. Pakistan failed to make it to the Super 8s after being stunned by newcomers the United States and eventual champions India in the group stage.

Latif called Babar a "weak" captain, expressing disappointment with his leadership.

Under Babar's captaincy, Pakistan also failed to progress to the semifinals of the ODI World Cup last year, suffering defeats to India, Australia, Afghanistan, South Africa, and England in the group stage.

Babar's form and captaincy once again came under scrutiny after Pakistan's lackluster performance in the ICC T20 World Cup. Pakistan's losses to the USA and India in the group stage dashed their hopes of advancing to the Super 8s of the mega tournament.Babar scored 122 runs in 4 matches at an average of 40.66.

"Babar Azam shouldn't have been removed as captain after the ODI World Cup in India. Shaheen came in to replace him. But Babar's second tenure as captain was weak. Babar looked weak. This is not the way team selection should be done," Latif said.

"Babar didn't fight (in the T20 World Cup). His biggest mistake was accepting the captaincy again. If he continues as captain, it will be an even bigger mistake. He is drifting away from his game," the former cricketer said.

Babar Azam recently had a meeting with Shannon Young, a renowned power-hitting coach from Australia, during a private visit to Lahore. The two cricket experts met at a local cricket club, where Azam sought guidance on improving his power-hitting skills. Young, who has worked with top Australian players like Maxwell and Labuschagne, is known for his innovative coaching methods that focus on boosting strike rates. His coaching techniques have also received praise from rising Australian opener Jake Fraser-McGurk, who credits Young for his impressive batting performances.

omQOACT.jpg

Babar Azam recently had a meeting with Shannon Young, a renowned power-hitting coach from Australia, during a private visit to Lahore. The two cricket experts met at a local cricket club, where Azam sought guidance on improving his power-hitting skills. Young, who has worked with top Australian players like Maxwell and Labuschagne, is known for his innovative coaching methods that focus on boosting strike rates. His coaching techniques have also received praise from rising Australian opener Jake Fraser-McGurk, who credits Young for his impressive batting performances.

omQOACT.jpg
Hooraaaaay

Now Babar will score a 35 ball hundred in T20!

Young, who has worked with top Australian players like Maxwell and Labuschagne, is known for his innovative coaching methods that focus on boosting strike rates.
No matter whom you hire and coach, you can't turn Labuschagne and Babar into power hitters. They can only boost their strike rate against minnows or by playing on flat tracks at home.

omQOACT.jpg
At least listen to what Shannon is saying Babar.. :dw

omQOACT.jpg
Australia's leading power-hitting coach Shannon Young while talking to local Pakistani channel:

"He [Babar] is well, he is a world-class player."

“If there was a player like Babar [Azam] in Australia, we would have been supporting him instead of criticising. In Australia, we back them in and we say they've been world-class players, they're gonna be world-class players again."

"I think sometimes the passion tips over that these guys carry so much expectation through Pakistan's one of the best players in the world, he's gonna be fine."

"We're hoping that maybe April. Previously, I've always wanted to come to Pakistan, so I got the opportunity and I knew really early on that Australians would love Pakistan. So we're gonna bring hopefully a couple of tours to play cricket here."

Australia's leading power-hitting coach Shannon Young while talking to local Pakistani channel:

"He [Babar] is well, he is a world-class player."

“If there was a player like Babar [Azam] in Australia, we would have been supporting him instead of criticising. In Australia, we back them in and we say they've been world-class players, they're gonna be world-class players again."

"I think sometimes the passion tips over that these guys carry so much expectation through Pakistan's one of the best players in the world, he's gonna be fine."

"We're hoping that maybe April. Previously, I've always wanted to come to Pakistan, so I got the opportunity and I knew really early on that Australians would love Pakistan. So we're gonna bring hopefully a couple of tours to play cricket here."
If Babar Azam was Australian, he wouldn’t even make it into their T20i side for a single WC game. He may have gotten a few opportunities for the away tours to teams like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka…(as a b/c string player), but in reality he would never feature for Australia’s first XI in ICC fixtures or against teams such as England, India and South Africa.

Let’s not get gassed because one Australian (visiting Pakistan) praised Babar

If Babar Azam was Australian, he wouldn’t even make it into their T20i side for a single WC game. He may have gotten a few opportunities for the away tours to teams like Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka…(as a b/c string player), but in reality he would never feature for Australia’s first XI in ICC fixtures or against teams such as England, India and South Africa.

Let’s not get gassed because one Australian (visiting Pakistan) praised Babar
I think he was referring to supporting babar azam and that if he was in the system the system would support him and would make him the next 2015 steve smith.

I don't Think Shannon Young understands that not only is the system completly different from CA, but babar mentality is not one to improve. He won't improve by saying things like " Im a t20 anchorer "

Back