[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Babar Azam re-appointed as Pakistan white-ball captain

Is it the right decision to re-appoint Babar Azam as white-ball captain?

• Total voters
Babar the batsmen has been going downhill. The lust and pressure of captaincy will destroy his batting ability.

looser picks dumb batters .. worst cuptaan in history .. but bobby the 0.5 won the toss first time ..

Shahid Afridi speaking on the TV show:

“In my opinion, and in the world’s view, Babar Azam’s respect would have increased if he had taken this stand for his player, stating that he wanted to play under Shaheen’s captaincy. You have made Shaheen Shah Afridi the captain; it is the wrong way to remove him from captaincy immediately.”

“When these groups, etc., are formed, it means that the captain is losing his respect in the dressing room. There are some reasons for this. You see the decisions; in the last match, you sent Shadab Khan up the order and there was no need for Imad Wasim, you should give a chance to Iftikhar Ahmed, who is a proper batter. There are many things. The captain becomes weak due to which groups are formed because the captain is losing his respect in the dressing room. In every presentation, they criticize the bowlers; they never take responsibility for themselves. I have only heard once or twice when they put the responsibility on the batters. The captain has to take everyone along. If the captain is strong, then such things, like groups being formed, will never happen.”​

Babar is now receiving abuse on all social media posts related to his stats and rankings. Pakistani fans have rightfully lost their patience with this GOAT cricketer and captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Babar is now receiving abuse on all social media posts related to his stats and rankings. Pakistani fans have rightfully lost their patience with this GOAT cricketer and captain.
My issue with him is favouring his bits n pieces and shoving them in the middle order then he's wondering why we're in the position we're in. He could have got away with his own performances had he sorted this beforehand but dude is clueless or arrogant or both.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you look back at Babar's captaincy. The only achievements that come to your mind is beating India in a WT20. That's about it.

Sure he reached a Semi Final and Final of a WT20. But plenty of captains reach that and that's not an achievement.

As a captain we won no big substantial series or test series overseas. Nor did he win any ICC or infact ACC tournament.

In 5-10 years time people will look at Babar Azam as Pakistan's worst captain. Particularly if we take into account the duration of his captaincy.

What are your thoughts?

When you look back at Babar's captaincy. The only achievements that come to your mind is beating India in a WT20. That's about it.

Sure he reached a Semi Final and Final of a WT20. But plenty of captains reach that and that's not an achievement.

As a captain we won no big substantial series or test series overseas. Nor did he win any ICC or infact ACC tournament.

In 5-10 years time people will look at Babar Azam as Pakistan's worst captain. Particularly if we take into account the duration of his captaincy.

What are your thoughts?
Only time Pakistan has ever beaten India at full strength is in 2014 and 2017 only.(Talking about post Sachin era once he retired after asia cup 2012)

Every other time had variables. 2012 series had sehwag, ghambir etc completly out of it. I dia had gotten bullied by a weak minnow England before the Pakistan series, so it was easy to beat them. The bowling was dreadful with even kohli having to bowl and Injure himself. The fact they had to rely on kohli bowling shows how crap that team was. Only credit goes to junaid khan for containing kohli 3x.

The games against India in 2021 on paper might be impressive but it ignores that they also got dogwalked by NZ for 9 wickets. Bumrah got injured for 2 years after and so did half the team, kohli was also burnt out as captain and rohit batted at no 7 for a while since he couldnt open consistently due to injuries. That team was in no condition to compete.

Similarly 2022 was the same with half the team injured and India having to rely on replacements like chahal to play against Pakistan. Logically that team was also in no condition to compete and should have been ragdolled by pakistan if it wasn't for kohli playing an atg innings and pakistan also botching one asia cup game.

Obviously babar fans and misbah fans will do bhrangra over victories that India doesn't care about. But the fact remains 2014 and 2017 are the only tines where India lost playing full strength

Babar Azam is committing career suicide by accepting captaincy at this point.

I dont know who his advisors are but he is being given terrible suggestions and by the time he is done he will be a footnote in Pakistan cricket history.
Always on the money Doc

It’s hard to understand for people…because you never do have the last laugh
Amir and Imad were garbage.

people spent 3 months doing propaganda on how Amir and Imad are mentally strong match winners who will uplift the team, and this is the end result. My my my. :klopp

Always on the money Doc

Thanks.

It's obvious this guy is also being told that he is still an ATG.

He needs to quit T20, quit captaincy, focus on ODI at number 3 position only, and he might be able to salvage a career.

During a program on a sports media outlet, the former England captain Michael Vaughan claimed that Babar Azam, Pakistan's white-ball skipper, is not among the top 15 players in T20 cricket:

"I actually don't see him as a T20 captain, though. I see him as a Test and 50-over captain. I think he excels in those two formats as a player. In T20 cricket, I think he's getting very good. He's a pure player, but he's not up there with, I would say, the top 15 batters in the world in T20s. I think there are better players at the top of the order who can crash it and have this fearless approach, who can whack it 360 degrees."

"I want to see them change it again. You know, somewhere they've cut off some consistency. There's no point in changing it once again. So even if he's not perfectly suited to captain the T20 cricket, I do think for this period, it's worth them staying consistent because the last thing Pakistan needs is more kamikaze swapping and changing and overreacting."

"I think most Pakistan fans will be realistic about this team's performance and go, 'They've actually not got a great team at the minute on paper.' It's just not a very good team. And it's down to the coaches and the selectors and the system backing Pakistan to try and give those in power, those captains and those coaches, just a better pool of players to choose from. They've probably got them, and loads of Pakistan fans are probably screaming, 'We've got this player, we've got that player.' Well, you've got to bring them into your team and try and galvanize them with a collective group playing together consistently."

both were good ..imad bowled well , amir bowled well in parts .. its the bobby frnd gang which destroyed team
Amir bowled the worst Super Over in history - that too vs the USA and Imad played one of the most embarrassing knocks of all time vs India.

Both were garbage and both played a massive role in Pakistan’s group stage elimination.

Amir bowled the worst Super Over in history - that too vs the USA and Imad played one of the most embarrassing knocks of all time vs India.

Both were garbage and both played a massive role in Pakistan’s group stage elimination.
yes that over was pathetic..but other overs bowled well..

Pakistan captain Babar Azam surpassed former India captain MS Dhoni to record the highest runs in T20 World Cup history as captain during Pakistan’s Group A match against Ireland in Lauderhill on Sunday.

Most runs as captains in T20 World Cup:

1 - Babar Azam: 549 runs (17 innings)

2- MS Dhoni: 529 runs (29 innings)

3- Kane Williamson: 527 runs (19 innings)

4- Mahela Jayawardene: 360 runs (11 innings)

5 - Graeme Smith: 352 runs (16 innings)

Ramiz Raja recently criticized Babar Azam for his flawed captaincy approach:

"Batting would be probably a two and bowling probably a six. I would rate him (Babar) about five because a captain is as good as the team and your captaincy comes through when the team is bowling, and in the bowling department, Pakistan have not done too badly. He tried his best but the others had to put in an effort as well,"

"There was no consistency in selection. Their preparation was hotchpotch because they didn't know who was going to open the innings. They were in that experimental mode for a very long time. Then they had to recall retired players. Even though they have been good in patches, what does it tell of the system?"

Pakistan captain Babar Azam surpassed former India captain MS Dhoni to record the highest runs in T20 World Cup history as captain during Pakistan’s Group A match against Ireland in Lauderhill on Sunday.

2 and 4 have a T20 wc to their name.

Shoaib Akhtar in his unique way on PTV:

"Who made Babar captain in the first place? Who was the Einstein by the way? I need to know who that guy is.

"Did Babar actually qualify for this job or not? Does Babar even know a thing or two about being a captain?"

"See, I've been saying that Babur is not a captain material."

"What is going to happen to Babar now? He's going to come down to batting at number four position where he as to finish and win games.

"If he doesn't do that, he will not be able to keep the place in the T20I side"

"I'm telling you right now, he will not be able to keep the place even in ODIs because he has to finish the game for Pakistan"

"The finisher, Babar Azam needs to come out now and that's where his true character comes out"

"That's where the true character of Babar Azam is going to come out in times to come"

"That that kind of pressure he needs to take and I'm bluntly saying that to Babar that you're going to be remain a superstar but start to know how you will do that"

"Let's for once Babar, get to know how to finish games. You're going to have to do it now"

"Who made Babar captain in the first place? Who was the Einstein by the way? I need to know who that guy is.

"Did Babar actually qualify for this job or not? Does Babar even know a thing or two about being a captain?"

"What is going to happen to Babar now? He's going to come down to batting at number four position where he as to finish and win games.

"I'm telling you right now, he will not be able to keep the place even in ODIs because he has to finish the game for Pakistan"

"The finisher, Babar Azam needs to come out now and that's where his true character comes out"

"That's where the true character of Babar Azam is going to come out in times to come"

"That that kind of pressure he needs to take and I'm bluntly saying that to Babar that you're going to be remain a superstar but start to know how you will do that"

"Let's for once Babar, get to know how to finish games. You're going to have to do it now"
Straight facts, no lies.

Stats without context.

What difference has it made? How many of those runs were actually useful? He’s been absolutely pathetic the last two tournaments. 2021 he had a couple of good innings, that’s it.

Usman Khawaja said at an event in Melbourne:

"It's Babar Azam's decision to captain, if he can, he should."

Last edited:
Captain Babar Azam arrived at Allama Iqbal Airport in Lahore on Tuesday morning after Pakistan's early exit from the T20 World Cup 2024. He traveled from New York to Lahore via Dubai

Babar is expected to meet with PCB Chairman Mohsin Naqvi in the coming days to discuss his performance in the tournament.

Following Pakistan's elimination from the T20 World Cup, several players returned home from the United States a week ago. However, Captain Babar Azam, along with Haris Rauf, Imad Wasim, Azam Khan, and Mohammad Amir, did not return with the rest of the team.

According to media reports, Babar, Shadab Khan, and other players had reduced their public interactions in the US following heavy criticism from fans and media after the team's early exit from the tournament. This change in behavior came after a viral video showed 30-year-old Haris Rauf confronting a fan who had made negative remarks. Despite attempts by his wife and friends to restrain him, Rauf engaged in a heated verbal altercation with the fan.

Meanwhile, a pre-season fielding and fitness camp has commenced in Karachi. In the morning session, camp commandant Muhammad Masroor briefed the players about the camp's activities.

Babar looks happy!!! As expected our players are just greedy for money. Only fans get disappointed but our players just don't give a damn. Apart from Nasim, Abrar, Abbas, Fakhar all need to be booted from all formats of cricket.

Wow finally some sense from the Pindi Express!

Such useless stats. Babar by far is the worst captain/player in that list. What has Babar ever won for Pakistan. KING of cheap and useless runs he is!

Babar Azam was on the right track for Pakistan from 2019 to 2021.

Then came Ramiz Raja who gave him all kinds of power and unchecked authority and he badly lost his way afterwards. Under Ehsan Mani, Wasim Khan there were checks and balances on his authority.

Then came Ramiz Raja who gave him all kinds of power and unchecked authority and he badly lost his way afterwards. Under Ehsan Mani, Wasim Khan there were checks and balances on his authority.
Nobody should have absolute power and it was big mistake to give Babar so much power. Absolute power corrupts everyone. It is true not just for Babar but anyone in any field, any country.

Exactly, Rameez Raja did more damage to PCt than Zaka or Najam.

Exactly, Rameez Raja did more damage to PCt than Zaka or Najam.
He still wants to do more. His views on cricket, especially Pakistan cricket post chairmanship have become more and more insane. I don’t understand the hypocrisy when people want Shaheen to stay away from Shahid Afridi, but they don’t have the same opinion when it comes to Babar being influenced by Ramiz Raja

He still wants to do more. His views on cricket, especially Pakistan cricket post chairmanship have become more and more insane. I don’t understand the hypocrisy when people want Shaheen to stay away from Shahid Afridi, but they don’t have the same opinion when it comes to Babar being influenced by Ramiz Raja
During one game the commentator next to Rameez asked

"Considering Babar and Rizwan's slow Sr's don't you think Pakistan should take a hand at bringing fakhar back to open as he's the most aggressive after all, I think they should play in the middle order as that's Pakistan's weak link".

Rameez Answered with

" Well you know uhh their 2 world class players and have won so many games for Pakistan, Opening with these 2 has done more good then harm for Pakistan at the end of the day"

During one game the commentator next to Rameez asked

"Considering Babar and Rizwan's slow Sr's don't you think Pakistan should take a hand at bringing fakhar back to open as he's the most aggressive after all, I think they should play in the middle order as that's Pakistan's weak link".

Rameez Answered with

" Well you know uhh their 2 world class players and have won so many games for Pakistan, Opening with these 2 has done more good then harm for Pakistan at the end of the day"
I would have confronted him there like KP or Simon Doull would. He gets away with so much nonsense, no wonder he’s a washed up commentator like a washed up poster here

I would have confronted him there like KP or Simon Doull would. He gets away with so much nonsense, no wonder he’s a washed up commentator like a washed up poster here
I mean saying we got to 2022 final because Babar and rizwan played slow and carried us is hilarious.

They didn't do anything until the semi's in one game.

Before that it literally everyone else carrying them.

They clicked against NZ due to law of averages, if you give a player that many games you'll get anomalies here and their. Even azam khan has had his anamoly against Ireland.

Good decision .Shaheen is our premium bowler he needs to focus on his bowling and get back in full form and also shouldn't play every bilateral t20i till world t20
he did end up playing all the matches because they cant even win against Ireland and USA , got knocked out of the WT20... His bowling is completely out of rhythm or he deliberately bowls like that for his captaincy snub... Farooqi, Nortje , Rabada , Bumrah, Arshdeep are all doing great with the fast bowling , if Shaheen was the captain he would have topped the charts in this bowling dominant WT20...

he did end up playing all the matches because they cant even win against Ireland and USA , got knocked out of the WT20... His bowling is completely out of rhythm or he deliberately bowls like that for his captaincy snub... Farooqi, Nortje , Rabada , Bumrah, Arshdeep are all doing great with the fast bowling , if Shaheen was the captain he would have topped the charts in this bowling dominant WT20...
It's stupid to rest your premier bowlers in world cup anyways. Rest should be before in the meaningless series not in the big events

This is why Babar demanded all format captaincy if he were to become captain again. It makes no sense for him to play under a nothing player like Masood who is not worth lacing his boots.

But Naqvi fumbled the opportunity and couldn’t remove Masood immediately and so quickly because of the connections that Masood enjoys with some of the PCB higher ups.

Babar accepted white ball captaincy with the assurance that he will also be Test captain in 2025 unless Babar himself has a change of heart.
As you said Zalmi made him realize his worth and value ... I think players and PCB dinosaurs made him realise that without their support , players support he cant standalone as captain or player even... They brought in Imad and Amir against his will , he didnt know whats coming , kept backing his buddies and played them loyalty for whatever reason and got mauled over,,
Now the demand is loud for him to be removed as captain , atleast he should have listened to Gary and played Abrar at the least.. Babar dig his own grave even when some honest and good people around him tried to support him..

A journalist is reporting that Babar has met Naqvi and has complained about his own fellow players lack of support and some team officials who interferred with his decisions in the T-20 WC and Naqvi is in no mood to sack Babar and will instead take action against the players he has complained about.

Is this some kind of joke? Babar literally is enjoying Zardari level influence on the Pakistani Cricket system. Unless fans come out and protest violently outside the PCB headquarters and Babar's home, he is not going to resign and the PCB is not going to remove him.

Even Afridi never enjoyed this much control over the Pakistani Cricket system.

A journalist is reporting that Babar has met Naqvi and has complained about his own fellow players lack of support and some team officials who interferred with his decisions in the T-20 WC and Naqvi is in no mood to sack Babar and will instead take action against the players he has complained about.

Is this some kind of joke? Babar literally is enjoying Zardari level influence on the Pakistani Cricket system. Unless fans come out and protest violently outside the PCB headquarters and Babar's home, he is not going to resign and the PCB is not going to remove him.

@Rana Wanted to ping rana as well as he usually loves hearing such reports.

Anyway imo if this happens then expect another Ct 2025 mauling and have fans constantly complain about luck or other nonsense such as USA being a one off.

Anyway imo if this happens then expect another Ct 2025 mauling and have fans constantly complain about luck or other nonsense such as USA being a one off.
Naqvi ain’t going to be made to look like a fool giving Babar assurance of CT25 captaincy beforehand now. The onus really is on Babar really to do the right thing and step down. We know he won’t.

What they will most probably do is replace him as T20 captain. That should cool the awaam which I think is baying for his head.

Lol Babar was smiling when he came at out of Lahore Airport yesterday from the US. He clearly knew he was in charge and had the PCB by the balls. They are going to keep him as captain for the 2025 CT apparently.

Lol Babar was smiling when he came at out of Lahore Airport yesterday from the US. He clearly knew he was in charge and had the PCB by the balls. They are going to keep him as captain for the 2025 CT apparently.
Naqvi is same level as Babar. You cannot expect any better from this guy. PCB is just buying some time. Al most same players will be retained and Kristen will be either sacked or leave the job.

Naqvi ain’t going to be made to look like a fool giving Babar assurance of CT25 captaincy beforehand now. The onus really is on Babar really to do the right thing and step down. We know he won’t.

What they will most probably do is replace him as T20 captain. That should cool the awaam which I think is baying for his head.
The fact that Babar was smiling shows the mentality.

Pakistan wasn't interested in even competing besides Naseem and the newbies like Usman khan( Yes he failed but he did try) the rest didn't even give a kahoot.

Its shameful because even Bangladesh tried its hardest to chase 115 in 12 overs, that's why they lost to Afghanistan really. They could have played it safe and won but instead they wanted to qualify. A team with zero confidence is more mentally equipped then babar and friends

The fact that Babar was smiling shows the mentality.

Pakistan wasn't interested in even competing besides Naseem and the newbies like Usman khan( Yes he failed but he did try) the rest didn't even give a kahoot.

Its shameful because even Bangladesh tried its hardest to chase 115 in 12 overs, that's why they lost to Afghanistan really. They could have played it safe and won but instead they wanted to qualify. A team with zero confidence is more mentally equipped then babar and friends
I’m still surprised he hasn’t at least stepped down from T20 captaincy

You want fans to protest violently outside his home?

They are hungry to get their rankings back :ROFLMAO:
They'll get destroyed in the Australian series.

This series will feature a brand new team to make sure that player develop and these new bloods will rain down on Pakistan hard. Especially jake fraser who'll be developed into the next all format opener for Australia.

The goal will 100% be to turn him into the next quinton or butler and be an atg wk bat.

As long as Bobby is captain they don't stand a chance against aussie B team that'll have players much superior to a burnt out Stark or burnt out Warner and these boys will obviously be superior to the trash heap Irish team or NZ team or USA team

Knew it!!! Nothing will happen. As Atik predicted that our players are stronger than coach. Kristen should leave the job if he wants to save his reputation otherwise he will be another puppet Micky.
So when Kristen report will arrive or he has threaten not to proceed with it.

Babar a genius he was going to unleash Abrar on these tired surfaces in the semis hence never played him.. genius but unlucky !!

Back