[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Pakistan Women's performance discussion

So there is an upcoming female cricketer who is a prodigy and is expected to become amongst the best. The girl is Samiya Afsar.

She had very good batting technique that she was the first ever female cricketer to be sponsored by lahore qalanders.

2 days ago she made her domestic debut at the age of 12 and ended up scoring 64 runs.

Could this girl be our next big thing in womens cricket?

England Women name squads for Pakistan IT20 and ODI series

England Women have named their white-ball squads for the forthcoming Vitality IT20 and Metro Bank ODI series’ against Pakistan, which get underway on Saturday, 11 May.

Left-arm spinner Linsey Smith is again selected after returning to the senior squad for the IT20s in New Zealand while there’s a return for Freya Kemp to the IT20 group. All-rounder Kemp will be available as a batter during the series.

Heather Knight's side start with a three match IT20 series, beginning a week tomorrow at Edgbaston, where England played in front of nearly 20,000 fans in a Women's Ashes IT20 in July 2023. They then travel to The County Ground, Northampton before finishing at Headingley.

That series is followed immediately by three ODIs against the same opposition at Derby, Taunton and Chelmsford.

Head coach Jon Lewis said: “We are really excited to start our home summer. It’s great to be kicking off the summer of sport on home soil. Edgbaston is an incredible place to play cricket, the atmosphere is always special and it will be a huge occasion. I know the group are looking forward to playing in front of our fans in grounds across the country throughout the series.

“It’s great to see England’s men’s and women’s teams playing side by side again after the success of the Ashes last year.

“These two series’ against Pakistan give us an opportunity to build, develop and ensure we are in the best place come the World Cup in Bangladesh in September.

“We are very keen whenever possible to make sure all the players vying for places in the World Cup squad get opportunities to play cricket this summer so that they are able to put in performances that help secure a place in the squad for Bangladesh.”

Women’s Vitality IT20 Series v Pakistan Women fixtures

11 May: 1st Women’s IT20 – Edgbaston, Birmingham, 2.30pm

17 May: 2nd Women’s IT20 – The County Ground, Northampton, 6.30pm

19 May: 3rd Women’s IT20 – Headingley, Leeds, 1pm

Women’s Metro Bank One-Day International Series v Pakistan Women fixtures

23 May: 1st Women’s One-Day International – The Incora County Ground, Derby, 1pm

26 May: 2nd Women’s One-Day International – The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton, 11am

29 May: 3rd Women’s One-Day International – The Cloud County Ground, Chelmsford, 1pm

Pakistan W v West Indies W fifth T20I at National Bank Stadium

West Indies have won the toss and are fielding first

An important milestone achieved! 🚨

Muneeba Ali becomes the fourth Pakistan batter to complete 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣0️⃣ runs in Women's T20Is

5th T20I- Pakistan Women vs West Indies Women

Update: West Indies Women 37-1, 6 overs v Pakistan Women 134-8, 20 overs.

Pakistan Women 134/8

West Indies Women (18.2/20 overs T:135) 136/2

WI Women won by 8 wickets (with 10 balls remaining)

West Indies Women clinched the fifth T20I by eight wickets on the back of yet another match-winning knock by skipper Hayley Matthews, winning the series with a 4-1 margin on Friday at the National Bank Stadium, Karachi.

In pursuit of the 135-run target, West Indies lost opening batter Rashada Williams (16, 11b, 3x4s) to Sadia Iqbal in the fifth over.

Matthews was then joined by Shemaine Campbelle (33 not out, 35b, 2x4s) on the crease as the duo forged a 103-run second-wicket partnership. Over the course of her innings, Matthews brought up her third half-century (78, 59b, 11x4s) of the series before falling prey to Nashra Sundhu. Sadia and Nashra picked up one scalp apiece.

Earlier, after Pakistan were asked to bat first, the opening batters stitched 38 runs in five overs before Qiana Joseph castled Ayesha Zafar (22, 16b, 4x4s). Muneeba Ali chipped in with a fluent 19-ball 25 on the back of three fours, becoming just the fourth Pakistan Women player to score 1,000 T20I runs.

Pakistan’s middle-order was kept in check as Nida Dar, Gull Feroza, Natalia Parvaiz and Najiha Alvi returned for single-digit scores while Fatima Sana copped a golden duck.

Sidra Amin’s crafty knock of 48 off 52 balls including five fours ended in the penultimate over of the innings. Rameen Shamim’s unbeaten contribution of 16 on 11 balls with two boundaries helped Pakistan post 134-8 in their 20 overs.

Afy Fletcher picked up three wickets. Qiana claimed two scalps while Matthews and Aaliyah Alleyne bagged one each.

Scores in brief:

West Indies Women beat Pakistan Women by eight wickets

Pakistan Women
134-8, 20 overs (Sidra Amin 48, Muneeba Ali 25, Ayesha Zafar 22; Afy Fletcher 3-17, Qiana Joseph 2-26)

West Indies Women 136-2, 18.2 overs (Hayley Matthews 78, Shemaine Campbelle 33 not out)

Player of the match – Hayley Matthews (West Indies Women)

Player of the series – Hayley Matthews (West Indies Women)

Pakistan W v ECB Development XI T20 match at Uptonsteel County Ground:

Toss update: ECB Development XI have won the toss and are batting first

16 players from Pakistan W can take part in the T20 match. Sadia Iqbal is resting today.

Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

Pakistan W v ECB Development XI T20 match at Uptonsteel County Ground:

Toss update: ECB Development XI have won the toss and are batting first

16 players from Pakistan W can take part in the T20 match. Sadia Iqbal is resting today.

Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar
Pakistan W v ECB Development XI T20 match at Uptonsteel County Ground

First innings update:

ECB Development XI 134-9, 20 overs (Danni Wyatt 61; Nida Dar 2-10)

Pakistan women’s team all set for England challenge

Pakistan women’s cricket team are all geared up to take on England in the first of the three-match T20I series starting tomorrow at the Edgbaston Cricket Ground in Birmingham.

The first ball will be bowled at 2.30pm local time. The second and third T20Is will be played in Northampton and Leeds on 17 and 19 May, respectively. Three ODIs – part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, will be played from 23 to 29 May in Derby, Taunton and Chelmsford.

Pakistan women’s team captain, Nida Dar:

“We have been working hard to fine-tune our skills and strategies ahead of this series. Each member of the team has showcased great dedication and discipline during the practice sessions, and I have full faith in their abilities to deliver in the forthcoming series.

“Playing against a top side like England is always a challenge, but it is also a great opportunity for our players to test themselves against the best in the world. The series will help us identify key players for the upcoming T20 World Cup.”

Pakistan women squad: Nida Dar (captain), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali (wk), Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

England women T20I squad: Heather Knight (Captain), Alice Capsey, Amy Jones, Bess Heath, Charlie Dean, Danielle Gibson, Danielle Wyatt, Freya Kemp, Lauren Bell, Lauren Filer, Linsey Smith, Maia Bouchier, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Sarah Glenn and Sophie Ecclestone

Tour schedule:

11 May – 1st T20I, Birmingham (2.30pm local time)
17 May – 2nd T20I, Northampton (6.30pm local time)
19 May – 3rd T20I, Leeds (1.00pm local time)
21 May – One-Day warm-up game v ECB Development XI, Northampton (11.00am local time)
23 May – 1st ODI, Derby (1.00pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)
26 May – 2nd ODI, Taunton (11.00am local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)
29 May – 3rd ODI, Chelmsford (1.00pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

TOSS ALERT

ENG Women vs PAK Women, 1st T20I at Birmingham

Pakistan win the toss and opt to field first

At least there's one Pakistan team giving a fight.

Live on BBC2 for UK viewers.

111/5 in 15 - ENGW game to lose at 150 - looking forward to Bell & Dean bowl .

Innings Break

England W 163/6 (20 ov)

Some really rank bowling from Pakistan there, even the Pakistan men would be hard pressed to copy that bowling performance

Some really rank bowling from Pakistan there, even the Pakistan men would be hard pressed to copy that bowling performance
brutal , Naseem aapa ko draft kar de zananiyo ki team mein - she can bowl quick but not catch :)

Gull Feroza showing more intent than our men's...12 runs in the first over!

Pak Women showing their opposite gender counterparts as to how to bat on the Power play...some start this!

Sadaf Shamas is playing with a strike rate of 210. Babar Azam should learn from this how to accelerate innings even after losing early wickets.

Shocked to see that none of the Pakistani batters acting as an anchor...losing wickets but still going for it...loving this!

What a disgraceful display by the captain, that was never a single in a million years, selling the settled batsmen down the river!

Lately I've come to a realisation that the women team is rubbish.

The women’s team has vastly improved over the years but are still low on the rankings of the top teams but they also start from a lower base then the mens so they’re punching above there weight

In the end a positive batting effort especially in the power play, (men take note) and a tail end flurry to push the score over 100

RESULT:

ENG Women won by 53 runsPAK Women 110/10 (18.2/20 ov, target: 164) v ENG Women

England vs Pakistan: Sarah Glenn takes four wickets to lead hosts to a 53-run victory

England managed to recover from 11-4 during their innings after Heather Knight and Amy Jones shared a 67-run partnership; watch England Women face Pakistan in the second T20I on Friday.

England leg-spinner Sarah Glenn took four wickets to lead her side to a 53-run victory over a wasteful Pakistan side and record their first T20I win in the three-match series at Edgbaston.

Pakistan raced to 57-2 as they looked to take on England's superb bowlers with Gull Feroza (17) and Sadaf Shamas (35) sharing a stand worth 27-runs, the highest of their innings, before the hosts pegged them back and bowled them out for 110-9.

Charlie Dean (1-29) trapped Sidra Ameen (nine) lbw in the third over before Lauren Bell struck to remove Feroza at the end of the powerplay but Pakistan's middle and lower order fell victim to England's terrific bowling, losing seven of their batters in single figures.

Earlier, England lost the toss and were inserted to bat and immediately looked at risk of a shock capitulation when they lost their first four wickets for only 11 runs with Maia Bouchier (four), Danni Wyatt (one), Alice Capsey (five) and Freya Kemp (0) all out in single figures.

Captain Heather Knight (49) and Amy Jones (37) weathered the storm sharing a fifth-wicket partnership worth 67-runs to help England post 163-6 and take the lead in the three-match T20I series

England beat Pakistan by 53 runs in the first T20I at Edgbaston

Source: Sky News

First time I saw the highlights of our women playing. Some observations

- Fitness of our females is very pathetic. It is no surprise they always falter in close games because a lot of batters get tired and lose strength. I see many Pakistani female fitness trainers who have better fitness and strengths than the players who are selected.

- The strength of our women is pathetic, they can't hit sixes and that hurts them against big teams like India, Australia, England. Ayesha Naseem was a big loss.

- Terrible talent. We don't really have many role models. We desperately need players like Smitri Mandhana who can inspire women to take up the sport. The PCB needs to go on a massive recruitment drive in schools, universities to encourage women to take up the sport.

- The teams support staff ie the likes of Taufeeq Umar, Mohtashim Rasheed, Saleem Jaffar have been arounds women's cricket forever. They can't keep sticking to their jobs when our female cricketers lose left right and center. There has to be some accountability at the end of the day.

Pakistani female cricketers are now very well paid by the PCB, they get maternity care and leave, business class travel, fitness trainers and the facilities they need to succeed. There should be zero excuses for these players not delivering, if the talent on display is not good enough, they need to be moved on.

RESULT:

ENG Women won by 53 runsPAK Women 110/10 (18.2/20 ov, target: 164) v ENG Women

Sadaf Shamas while addressing the post-match press conference, stated that the Pakistan team needs to play better cricket in middle-overs:

“We will practice more ahead of the upcoming matches, and will try to play well in the middle overs.”

“We got off to a good start and the fielding was good but we let the momentum shift in the end.”

“We tried to execute our bowling plan but England’s batters batted exceptionally well.”

Toss Upate:

Pakistan W v England W second T20I at Northampton

England W have won the toss and are batting first

Three changes in Pakistan XI today:

Players in are: Aliya Riaz, Diana Baig and Nashra Sundhu

Players out are: Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim and Tuba Hassan

England Women beat Pakistan Women by 65 runs in the second T20I at Northampton to take the unassailable 2-0 lead.

Pakistan restricted England to 144-6 as skipper Nida Dar led from front taking two wickets and also becoming the leading wicket-taker (137) in Women’s T20Is. In return, Pakistan could only manage 79 all out in 15.5 overs as English spinners Sophie Ecclestone (3-11), Alice Capsey (2-4) and Sarah Glenn (2-10) shared seven wickets among each other.

Pakistan found themselves in trouble early in pursuit of the 145-run target after Lauren Bell removed Gell Feroza (3, 7b) and Sadaf Shamas (0, 4b) cheaply. Muneeba Ali raced to 18 off 12 before falling to Ecclestone as Pakistan finished the powerplay with 41-3.

Leg spinner Glenn pinned Nida leg before in the seventh over to leave Pakistan reeling. Aliya Riaz injected some aggression into the innings as she hit three boundaries in a space of six balls racing to 16 off 10. Sidra (11, 16b, 2x4s) was run out after a mix-up with Aliya in the middle to disrupt the 19-run partnership. At the halfway mark, Pakistan stood 66-5 but only managed 13 more runs before getting bundled out for 79 in 15. 5 overs.

Earlier, after England opted to bat first, Waheeda Akhtar castled Danni Wyatt in the third over. Capsey unleashed a flurry of boundaries in the fifth over against Waheeda ransacking 20 runs. England finished the powerplay with 48-1. The duo of Maia Bouchier and Capsey stitched a 49-run second-wicket stand after Bouchier was run out courtesy of a brilliant throw from Diana Baig.

Nida struck to get Capsey (31, 33b, 5x4s) stumped in the 12th over. Nat Sciver-Brunt provided the much-needed impetus to England’s innings as she raced to 31 off 20 hitting six boundaries before falling to Sadia Iqbal. Heather Knight struggled during her eight-ball stay in the middle as she holed out to Waheeda at long-off.

Nida, bowling the last over, dismissed Amy Jones (15, 14b, 1x4) to bag the milestone wicket. Danielle Gibson (18 not out, 9b, 2x4s, 1x6) belted a six and a four off the last two balls to help England reach 144-6 in 20 overs. Apart from Nida’s two scalps, Waheeda, Sadia and Diana bagged one each.

Scores in brief:

England Women beat Pakistan Women by 65 runs

England Women 144-6, 20 overs (Nat Sciver-Brunt 31, Alice Capsey 31, Maia Bouchier 30; Nida Dar 2-33)

Pakistan Women 79 all out, 15.5 overs (Aliya Riaz 19, Muneeba Ali 18; Sophie Ecclestone 3-11, Alice Capsey 2-4, Sarah Glenn 2-10 Lauren Bell 2-20)

Player of the match – Alice Capsey (England Women)

1st T20I – England win by 53 runs

3rd T20I – 19 May, Leeds

Last edited by a moderator:
Back