[VIDEOS/PICTURES] Pakistan Women's performance discussion

Zaka Ashraf congratulates Pakistan women's team on securing historic series win over New Zealand

Lahore, 5 December 2023:

Zaka Ashraf, Chairman of PCB Management Committee, has congratulated the Pakistan women's cricket team on their remarkable achievement of becoming the first Asian side to defeat New Zealand in a T20I series. Nida Dar-led Pakistan beat New Zealand by 10 runs in the second T20I in Dunedin on Tuesday to gain an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series.

Mr Zaka Ashraf said: "Pakistan women's team have made the whole nation proud with their brilliant display of skill and talent in New Zealand. I want to congratulate and laud the efforts of the entire squad, team management and support personnel for their collective effort in making the team achieve this special feat.

"The leadership qualities and courage exhibited by captain Nida Dar reflects in the way her players have responded to the challenge and acquired success on the big stage."

Mr Zaka Ashraf has also announced to host a special ceremony felicitating the Pakistan women's team upon their return from the tour of New Zealand later this month.

A remarkable performance by women in green. Would be great if they build on this momentum in next series.

These are the highlights of Pakistan superb win over New Zealand today in the second T20I.

Girls are showcasing their talents, showing that they can compete at any level anywhere in the world.

1701800749827.jpeg

It's heartbreaking that Ayesha Naseem quit cricket. She was the perfect foil for this batting line-up. The top order are accumulators and Ayesha can come out and hit big sixes at ease.
I agree she was the real deal in terms of power hitting.

In order to nurture and support emerging talent in women's cricket, the Pakistan Cricket Board has awarded domestic contracts to 11 more women cricketers, increasing the tally of domestic contracted players to 80. Among the 11 latest entrants in the domestic contracts, one is from emerging women’s category, while the other ten players are selected based on their performances in the Women U19 T20 Tournament held in Muridke in September this year.

While praising the young players the Chairman PCB Management Committee, Mr. Zaka Ashraf said: “We are delighted to announce the awarding of domestic contracts to promising U19 and emerging players who have showcased exceptional talent in our recent domestic cricket tournament. This step underscores the commitment of PCB and its management committee members to fostering the growth of women's cricket in Pakistan. These contracts mark the beginning of many positive developments for women’s cricket, and the management committee fully backs and supports women’s cricket in the best possible manner.”

Head of Women’s Cricket Tania Mallick: “We are thrilled to award domestic contracts to another 11 young players who have performed well in our recent domestic cricket tournament. This initiative reflects our dedication to investing in the future of women's cricket in Pakistan. We are looking ahead to the next U19 World Cup, and these contracts are just the beginning of a new era in women’s cricket.”

11 players awarded domestic contract from November 2023 to June 2024 are:

Aqsa Yousaf (Multan), Areesha Ansari (Okara), Humaira Ghulam Hussain (Quetta), Kainat Eiman (Karachi), Memoona Khalid (Lahore), Mubeen Ahmed (Rawalpindi), Muqadas Bukhari (Multan), Muskan Abid (Lahore), Saba Sher (Lahore), Samiya Afsar (Lahore) and Shameer Rajput* (Multan)

*Emerging player

New Zealand beat Pakistan women by six runs on DLS

Queenstown, 9 December 2023: New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by six runs on DLS at the John Davies Oval on Saturday in the third T20I to secure a consolation win in three-match series.

After being put into bat, Pakistan managed to score 137 for five in 20 overs, on the back of a 38-ball 43 from Sidra Amin, playing her first match of the series. Sidra struck four fours and knitted a 64-run opening wicket partnership with Muneeba Ali (27, 31b, 2x4s). Captain Nida Dar, playing her 141st T20I and thus becoming the most capped player for Pakistan in women’s T20Is, scored 25 off 20 balls, including two fours and a six.

Fatima Sana’s unbeaten 17 off 13 balls, with two boundaries, helped the tourists put a respectable score on the board.

For the White Ferns, Amelia Kerr, who was captaining the side in the absence of Sophie Devine due to injury, took three wickets for 11 runs, while Eden Carson bagged two wickets for 20 runs.

In turn, the hosts were 101 for two in 15 overs when rain stopped play, and play couldn’t resume due to continuous rain, resulting in the White Ferns winning the match on DLS by six runs.

Player of the match Suzie Bates was the top-scorer for the winning side, returning undefeated on 51 off 42 balls, laced with five fours. Kerr was other notable contributor with the bat, scoring a 31-ball 35, hitting three fours a six.

Right-arm fast Fatima Sana for her six wickets in the series was named player of the series.

Earlier, Pakistan defeated White Ferns by seven wickets and 10 runs in the first two matches of the T20I series in Dunedin to take an unassailable lead. Both sides will now compete in three ODIs, part of ICC Women’s Championship, commencing from 12 December.

Scores in brief:

New Zealand beat Pakistan by six runs on DLS

Pakistan women 137-5, 20 overs (Sidra Amin 43, Muneeba Ali 27, Nida Dar 25, Fatima Sana 17 not out; Amelia Kerr 3-11, Eden Carson 2-20)

New Zealand women 101-2, 15 overs (Suzie Bates 51 not out, Amelia Kerr 35)

Player of the match – Suzie Bates (New Zealand)

Player of the series – Fatima Sana (Pakistan)

Series schedule:

3 Dec – 1st T20I, Dunedin (Pakistan women beat New Zealand women by seven wickets)

5 Dec – 2nd T20I, Dunedin (Pakistan women beat New Zealand women by 10 runs)

9 Dec – 3rd T20I, Queenstown (New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by six runs on DLS)

12 Dec – 1st ODI, Queenstown (11am local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

15 Dec – 2nd ODI, Christchurch (2pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

18 Dec – 3rd ODI, Christchurch (2pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

PCB

1702099595251.png
416d3e8f-d751-41fb-8cf2-d66cb1b153c6.jpeg416d3e8f-d751-41fb-8cf2-d66cb1b153c6.jpeg

Last edited:
How Pakistan scripted historic series win in New Zealand

A win in the final game for New Zealand in Queenstown meant that Pakistan women took the three-game T20I series by a 2-1 margin.

Pakistan’s success in New Zealand was their first-ever Women's T20I series win over the White Ferns - a major step ahead for Nida Dar's side. Young sensation Fatima Sana starred with the ball, taking the Player of the Series award for her six wickets.

Muneeba Ali, Nida Dar, and Aliya Riaz were the other star performers in Pakistan’s historic success. Let’s take a look at how the series played out:

1st T20I: Pakistan won by seven wickets in Dunedin

After a couple of practice games, Pakistan began the T20I leg of the series at the University Oval ground with a historic first.

New Zealand opted to bat after winning the toss. The hosts got off to a decent start before pacer Fatima Sana ran through their top order. Her 3/18 slowed the scoring rate as Pakistan restricted the White Ferns for 127/6.

While chasing, a patient start from Muneeba Ali (23) and Shawaal Zulfiqar (41) helped Pakistan reach 40 runs by the ninth-over mark. Sophie Devine then struck for New Zealand to remove Muneeba. However, attacking knocks from Dar (14-ball 23) and Aliya Riaz (12-ball 25*) ensured a win for the tourists.

This was Pakistan’s first-ever win over New Zealand in Women's T20Is.

2nd T20I: Pakistan won by 10 runs in Dunedin

The second T20I marked a momentous occasion for White Ferns veteran Suzie Bates as she celebrated her 300th international appearance. In a fitting tribute to the New Zealand legend, her home ground was renamed for the day, becoming the Suzie Bates Oval to commemorate the special milestone.

After being asked to bat, Pakistan registered 137/6 at the back of a solid start from Muneeba (35 from 28), and a late push from Aliya (32* from 22). Fran Jonas and Molly Penfold picked two wickets each for the White Ferns.

Early strikes from Sadia Iqbal were complemented by Sana’s canny work in the middle overs. The star bowler returned 3/22, including the big wickets of Bates and Sophie Devine. New Zealand kept losing wickets at regular intervals as Pakistan eventually took the game by 10 runs. Securing a decisive 2-0 lead, they not only asserted their dominance but also etched their names into history by clinching a historic series victory over New Zealand.

3rd T20I: New Zealand won by six runs (DLS method) in Queenstown

New Zealand won the toss yet again and opted to field. In the absence of their regular skipper Devine, they were led by Amelia Kerr. Devine missed the final clash after receiving a Cortisone injection in her knee.

Pakistan started positively, adding 64 for the first wicket. But positive work from Eden Carson (2/20) and Kerr (3/11) ensured that they were restricted to 137/5. Solid knocks from Bates (51* from 42) and Kerr (35 from 31) kept the New Zealand chase on track, and the side were six runs ahead of Pakistan (on DLS) when rain forced the game to end prematurely.

The two sides will play a three-match ODI series which will be a part of the current ICC Women's Championship cycle. The first ODI will be played on 12 December in Queenstown, and the remaining two on 15 and 18 December in Christchurch.

ICC​

Diana Baig ruled out of ODI series due to injury​

Queenstown, 12 December 2023: Right-arm fast bowler Diana Baig has been ruled out of the ODI series against New Zealand women due to a finger injury.

The three ODIs, part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, will be played from 12 to 18 December in Queenstown and Christchurch.

28-year-old Diana, while fielding in a practice session, suffered an injury to the index finger of her bowling arm. Immediately after the incident, she was taken to a local hospital for a thorough examination, including an X-ray.

The medical reports have confirmed a horizontal fracture in Diana Baig's index finger, making her unavailable for the ODI series against the White Ferns. The PCB medical team is closely monitoring her condition, and she will undergo further assessments to determine the extent of the injury and the necessary course of action for her recovery.

Source: PCB

This will be a big blow for team Pakistan as she has been one of the key members of Pakistan women's team in the last couple of years.

New Zealand Women have won the toss and decided to bowl first against Pakistan Women in the first ODI at Queenstown.

axciaAk.jpg

New Zealand Women Playing XI: Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Amelia Kerr(c), Sophie Devine, Maddy Green, Georgia Plimmer, Isabella Gaze(wk), Hannah Rowe, Jess Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Fran Jonas

Pakistan Women Playing XI: Muneeba Ali, Sidra Ameen, Bismah Maroof, Omaima Sohail, Nida Dar(c), Aliya Riaz, Fatima Sana, Najiha Alvi(wk), Umm-e-Hani, Nashra Sandhu, Ghulam Fatima

New Zealand Women are at 263/2 after 40 overs

They have set the foundation so well now let's see how they finish their innings.

New Zealand Women have scored 365/4 in their 50 Overs.
Pakistan Women's score is 90/0 after 15 overs as they require 276 runs off 35 overs at 7.89 runs per over.

The target of 366 is looking far from reachable now as Pakistan Women need 170 runs off 50 balls with 6 wickets in hand.

Queenstown, 12 December 2023: Pakistan captain Nida Dar was taken off the field after being struck on her face while bowling in the 44th over of the New Zealand innings in the first ODI at John Davies Oval in Queenstown. After assessing Nida’s condition, the team physio has determined that Nida will not take any further part in today’s ODI.

Sadaf Shamas comes in as a replacement for Nida Dar as approved by Trudy Anderson, the match referee for today’s game.

Fatima Sana is serving as the stand-in captain of the side.

The decision on Nida’s participation in the remaining matches of the series will be made in due course.​

Sidra Amin’s fourth century in vain as New Zealand beat Pakistan in first ODI

Queenstown, 12 December 2023:

Sidra Amin’s fourth ODI century goes in vain as New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by 131 runs in the first ODI at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown on Tuesday. Both sides will travel to Christchurch tomorrow to play the remaining two ODIs of the series at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on 15 and 18 December, respectively.

The ODIs are part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25.

Chasing a mammoth 366 to win, openers Muneeba Ali and Sidra gave Pakistan a strong start with a 110-run partnership. This opening stand surpassed the previous record of 84 runs set by Ayesha Zafar and Nahida Khan against White Ferns in Nelson, New Zealand, in 2016.

Left-handed Muneeba was the first batter to return to the pavilion in the 19th over after scoring a 48-ball 44, hitting five fours. After the departure of Muneeba, Sadaf Shamas (replacing Nida Dar, due to injury) and Bismah Maroof were soon dismissed with 158 runs on the board in the 34th over of the innings. Aliya Riaz (14, 20b, 1x4), stand-in-captain Fatima Sana (11, 10b, 2x4s) were the other batters to register a score in double figures.

Sidra, who is also the leading run-getter in ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 with 852 runs from 16 matches, scored her third century in the ongoing championship. She struck 12 boundaries in her 117-ball 105. The touring side were bowled out for 234 on the penultimate ball of the match.

For the hosts, Amelia Kerr bagged three wickets for 44, while Lea Tahuhu took two for 45 from seven overs.

Earlier, after being put into bat, White Ferns scored 365 for four in 50 overs. Opening pair of Suzie Bates and Bernadine Bezuidenhout added 165 runs for the first wicket. After the departure of Bezuidenhout (86, 86b, 8x4s), Kerr and Bates knitted an 82-run partnership. During the course of the partnership, right-handed batter Bates brought up her 13th century.

Following Bates’ (108, 104, 11x4s) dismissal, captain Sophie Devine and Kerr added a quick-fire 107 runs for the third wicket. On the second ball of the 44th over, Pakistan captain Nida Dar was hit in the face by a shot played by Devine off her own bowling and had to leave the field. She was later ruled out of the match, and Sadaf Shamas was allowed as Nida’s replacement by match referee Trudy Anderson.

Kerr (83, 69b, 6x4s) and Devine (70, 36b, 2x4s, 6x6s) were the other notable contributors with the bat.

For Pakistan, Fatima, Nashra Sandhu and Umm-e-Hani bagged a wicket each.

Scores in brief:

New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by 131 runs

New Zealand 365-4, 50 overs (Suzie Bates 108, Bernadine Bezuidenhout 86, Amelia Kerr 83, Sophie Devine 70; Umm-e-Hani 1-57)

Pakistan 234 all out, 49.5 overs (Sidra Amin 105, Muneeba Ali 44; Amelia Kerr 3-44, Lea Tahuhu 2-45)

Player of the match – Suzie Bates (New Zealand)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadia Iqbal climbs to number four in the ICC Women’s T20I Bowlers Rankings

• Nashra Sundhu is ranked eighth in the ICC Women’s T20I bowlers’ rankings

• Nida Dar is placed fifth in the all-round category in ICC Women’s T20I rankings

After making history in New Zealand by defeating the hosts in a three-match T20I series 2-1, the Pakistan women’s team is also making significant strides in the ICC Women’s rankings.

Left-arm spinner Sadia Iqbal, a key contributor to Pakistan's success against the White Ferns in the T20I series, has been rewarded by reaching the fourth spot in the ICC Women’s T20I rankings. The 28-year-old Sadia has played 28 T20Is, taking 29 wickets, with her best figures of three wickets for 19 runs against Bangladesh in 2019.

For her consistent performance, Sadia was shortlisted for the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for November. In ODIs, Sadia has climbed six places to currently sit at number 34.

Another left-arm spinner from Pakistan, Nashra Sundhu, is also among the top 10 bowlers in the ICC Women’s T20 rankings. Nashra, who has taken 53 wickets in 51 T20Is, holds the eighth spot. In ODIs, Nashra has moved up two places to 13th.

Apart from Nashra and Sadia, captain Nida Dar is ranked fifth among all-rounders in ICC Women’s T20I rankings, and in bowling, she is at number 18.

In the ICC Women’s ODI rankings, Sidra Amin has shown progress, rising three places to 21st due to her century (105, 117B, 12x4s) against the White Ferns on Tuesday at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown. Sidra is also leading the batting charts of ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, scoring 852 runs from 16 matches at an average of 65.53. The right-handed opening batter has struck three centuries and four half-centuries in championship matches.

Cherishing the moment, Sadia Iqbal said, “Cricket is all about challenges and milestones, and reaching number four in the ICC T20I bowlers rankings is a significant milestone in my career. I owe this achievement to the collective efforts of the team and the unconditional support from fans. I am also grateful to the coaching staff who have played a crucial role in my journey and I am looking forward to bringing more success for my country in the future.”

Chairman PCB Management Committee, Mr. Zaka Ashraf said: “I am immensely proud of the progress our women cricketers have made in the international arena. Recently, they made history by becoming the first Asian country to beat New Zealand in their own backyard, and now the elevation of our women cricketers in the ICC rankings reflects the hard work and commitment they have shown. We are committed to fostering the growth of women's cricket in Pakistan.”

Head of Women’s Cricket Tania Mallick: “Achieving rankings in the ICC Women's Rankings is a significant milestone for our players, showcasing their skill, determination, and the growing competitiveness of women's cricket in Pakistan.

“As the head of women's cricket, witnessing our players secure rankings in the ICC Women's Rankings is a heartwarming moment. It underscores the progress we are making in promoting and developing women's cricket in Pakistan.”

Fatima Sana has been named captain of the Pakistan women’s team, taking over from Nida Dar, who has been ruled out of the second ODI against New Zealand women at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on Friday, 15 December.

Nida is the third player from the 17-member squad selected for the New Zealand series to get injured on the tour. Earlier, Shawaal Zulfiqar (second T20I) and Diana Baig (one day before first ODI) got injured and were ruled from the remaining matches on the tour. Under Nida’s leadership, Pakistan became the first Asian country to beat White Ferns in T20I series in their own backyard, while right-handed batter Shawaal’s 41 off 42 balls, which included seven fours, was the highest score from the winning side in the first T20I. Diana, with her right-arm fast bowling, has bowled well in the powerplay in T20Is.

Nida, the regular captain, led the side in the first ODI at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown on Tuesday. However, she was struck by a ball on her own bowling in the 44th over of the innings. Nida was subsequently taken off the field due to the impact and Fatima was named the stand-in captain. Following assessment by doctor today, Nida has been reported to have symptoms of concussion. She has been advised for a complete rest for next two days.

Nida’s availability for the third ODI will be determined in due course.

22-year-old Fatima, who made her international debut in the away series against South Africa in May 2019, will become the 10th captain of the women’s team in the ODI format, when she walks out for the toss in Christchurch tomorrow. The right-arm fast bowler, having missed the recent Bangladesh series due to injury, made a remarkable comeback, earning the player of the series award in the three T20Is against White Ferns played from 3 to 9 December. Fatima bagged six wickets at an economy rate of 5.60 in the series and was named player of the match for her figures of 4-0-18-3 in the first T20I at the University of Otago Oval in Dunedin on 3 December.

In June, Fatima captained the Pakistan women’s emerging team in the ACC Women’s Emerging Teams Asia Cup held in Hong Kong, where the side narrowly lost to Bangladesh in the semi-final. In domestic cricket, Fatima has led PCB Blasters in the T20 Women’s Cricket Tournament and took her side to victory, beating PCB Dynamites by seven runs at the Gaddafi Stadium on 9 December 2022.

The Karachi-born player, known for her excellence since the start for her career, was named PCB’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year in 2020 and also became the first Pakistan women cricketer to win the ICC Emerging Cricketer of the Year in 2021.

Fatima Sana said: “It is an honor to lead the Pakistan women's side in ODIs, although the circumstances are unfortunate with Nida Dar's injury. She has been an inspiration, and I wish her a speedy recovery.

“We had a historic T20I series win against New Zealand, and I know the players are eager to perform well in the ODI series too. Although we didn't have a good outing in the first ODI, we are all geared up to excel in tomorrow’s game.”

Injury update on Diana Baig

Right-arm fast bowler Diana Baig, who was initially ruled out of the ODI series due to a finger injury sustained during a practice session on the eve of the series opener, has undergone surgery on her index finger of the bowling arm. Following the surgery, Diana has been sidelined from competitive cricket for four weeks.

Pakistan 14-member squad for second ODI:

Fatima Sana (captain), Aliya Riaz, Bismah Maroof, Ghulam Fatima, Muneeba Ali (wk), Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar

PCB

It is quite a blow that Nida Dar is still injured in a must win game.

White Ferns hold on in thriller against Pakistan to win ODI series

At Hagley Oval, Christchurch: Pakistan 220 in 50 overs (Fatima Sana 90no from 104 balls, Natalia Pervaiz 39 from 73; Sophie Devine 3-25 from six overs, Fran Jonas 2-36 from seven overs) lost to White Ferns 221-9 off 48.5 overs (Maddy Green 83 from 96 balls, Suzie Bates 74 from 91 balls, Lea Tahuhu 21no from 26 balls; Ghulam Fatima 4-47 from 10 overs) by one wicket.

Toss: New Zealand elected for field

The White Ferns have overcome a batting meltdown to secure an ODI series win over Pakistan.

Lea Tahuhu saved her team’s blushes with a pivotal unbeaten 21 as New Zealand snuck home by one wicket with seven balls left in Christchurch on Friday.

New Zealand looked to be cruising to their target of 221 at Hagley Oval, but capitulated with the bat, losing six wickets for 43 runs.

Tahuhu at her Hagley home and No 11 Fran Jonas got New Zealand to their target in a thrilling finish, registering the winning runs off a wide.

Pakistan deserve plenty of credit for the way they fought back with the ball, almost pulling off an unlikely victory. The sides meet again at Hagley in the final ODI on Monday.

New Zealand appeared to be easing to victory with Suzie Bates and Maddy Green combining for a 142-run third wicket stand. The White Ferns were 155-2, but the wickets then fell rapidly as Pakistan sniffed victory.

Bates and Green would have been livid at themselves for allowing Pakistan back into the match.

Legspinner Ghulam Fatima was superb for Pakistan, taking 4-47 from her 10 overs, bringing her side back into the match.

New Zealand were in complete control with Bates and Green at the crease, but they both fell in quick succession – fuelling hope for Pakistan.

Green and Bates added 142 for the third wicket, but when they both went, panic set in and the White Ferns imploded. One of the set duo had to get New Zealand home.

Bates moved to third on the all-time list for women's ODI runs with a quick single to go to 29, surpassing West Indies’ Stafanie Taylor (5519).

Only India’s Mithali Raj (7805) and England’s Charlotte Edwards (5992) have scored more runs than Bates, who debuted in 2006.

Bates fell to a leading edge for 74, opening the door for Pakistan. They should have had two in two balls, but Fatima put down Georgia Plimmer first ball off her own bowling.

Green looked like she was heading for her second ODI ton, but fell softly, skying one up in the air when she was set on 83.

When Green went, the White Ferns were 172-4 with plenty of work still to do and their experienced batters back in the team viewing area.

Pakistan would have been elated to see the back of Bates after she struck 108 in Tuesday’s opening ODI in Queenstown.

Promoted to opening with Bernadine Bezuidenhout sliding down the order after hurting her hand fielding, Melie Kerr went five balls into the run chase.

Kerr chopped on having hit Fatima Sana for a boundary the previous ball, giving Pakistan a vital early wicket.

They were jubilant soon after when captain Sophie Devine fell in reckless fashion at a stage where she didn’t need to take any risks.

Devine bats aggressively, but she would have been filthy, skying one up to mid-off, throwing her wicket away, giving Sana a double breakthrough.

It was silly stuff from Devine, considering she’d been fortunate the ball before top edging behind the wicket for four. Television replays suggested Sana narrowly overstepped, but the umpires missed it and there was no reprieve for Devine.

With plenty of time to build an innings and Bezuidenhout battling an injury, the White Ferns needed their captain to bat sensibly, rather than blasting quickfire runs.

At 35-4, it looked like Pakistan might fold quickly with the bat, but stand-in captain Sana and Natalia Pervaiz, playing her first ODI in five years, frustrated the White Ferns.

Pakistan had 22-year-old Sana to thank for getting them to 220 with a masterful 90 not out – the highest score of her 34-match ODI career.

Devine became just the second White Fern to take 100 ODI career wickets, joining team-mate Tahuhu (107), when she had Fatima caught off the final ball of the innings. She finished with 3-25 from six overs, picking up two wickets in the final over.

As the sun shone down and baked the wicket, scoring became easier for Pakistan.

Sana and Pervaiz combined for a 90-run fifth wicket stand, punishing any loose deliveries and batting sensibly.

Molly Penfold produced the breakthrough, trapping Pervaiz in front for 39, ending a threatening partnership.

Sana wasn’t done there, continuing her impressive batting with wicketkeeper Najiha Alvi, generating a 65 run-stand, until Jonas struck twice in three balls.

The White Ferns would have been disappointed to concede 18 wides in Pakistan’s innings, albeit in blustery bowling conditions. Devine committed seven alone, while Penfold and Hannah Rowe were guilty of four apiece.
STUFF.CO.NZ

Fatima Sana’s all-round performance in vain as New Zealand win a thriller

•Ghulam Fatima took four-wicket haul; Fatima Sana scored unbeaten 90 and took two wickets

•New Zealand beat Pakistan by one wicket to take unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match ODI series

New Zealand defeated Pakistan in a thrilling contest by one wicket at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on Friday evening, taking an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match ODI series. The ODIs are part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25. The third game of the series will be played at the same venue on Monday, 18 December, with the first ball to be bowled at 2 pm local time.

Chasing a target of 221 runs to win, New Zealand women’s team, also known as White Ferns, lost two wickets for 13 runs due to brilliant bowling from captain Fatima Sana, leading her side for the first time in the absence of regular captain Nida Dar. Nida was ruled out from today’s game after being hit on her face in the first ODI and experiencing symptoms of concussion.

At 13 for two in 2.4 overs, Suzie Bates and Maddy Green got together and added a 142-run partnership for the third wicket. Leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima, playing her second match on the tour, broke the partnership and went on to clinch three more wickets, putting White Ferns on the backfoot. Ghulam Fatima ended up with match figures of four for 47 in 10 overs, increasing her tally of wickets in the ICC Women’s Championship to 16.

White Ferns had lost seven wickets for 53 runs and were still 13 runs shy of the target when Lea Tahuhu (21 not out, 26b, 1x4) and Fran Jonas (five not out, nine balls) got together. Both batters added an undefeated 13-run partnership for the final wicket, helping their side achieve the target in 48.5 overs.

Earlier, Pakistan were reeling at 35 for four in 12 overs after being put into bat first, with the last match centurion Sidra Amin getting out for 12 off 25 balls. Natalia Parvaiz and Fatima got together and knitted a 90-run partnership for the fifth wicket. After the departure of Natalia (39, 73b, 3x4s), wicketkeeper-batter Najiha Alvi joined Fatima in the middle, and the pair stitched a 65-run partnership for the sixth wicket. Right-handed batter Najiha scored a 38-ball 32, which included three fours.

Twenty-two-year-old Fatima, who became the 10th ODI captain to lead Pakistan women’s team, led from the front and scored her second half-century in her 34th ODI. Fatima’s unbeaten 90 off 104 – also her highest score in this format – included seven fours and a six. Her innings helped the touring side post 220 all out in 50 overs.

For White Ferns, captain Sophie Devine bagged three wickets for 25 runs and also completed her 100 ODI wickets. Molly Penfold and Jonas each took two wickets.

Scores in brief:

New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by one wicket

Pakistan 220 all out, 50 overs (Fatima Sana 90 not out, Natalia Parvaiz 39, Najiha Alvi 32; Sophie Devine 3-25, Fran Jonas 2-36, Molly Penfold 2-43)

New Zealand 221-9, 48.5 overs (Maddy Green 83, Suzie Bates 74, Lea Tahuhu 21 not out; Ghulam Fatima 4-47, Fatima Sana 2-52)

Player of the match – Maddy Green (New Zealand)

Series schedule:

3 Dec – 1st T20I, Dunedin (Pakistan women beat New Zealand women by seven wickets)
5 Dec – 2nd T20I, Dunedin (Pakistan women beat New Zealand women by 10 runs)
9 Dec – 3rd T20I, Queenstown (New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by six runs on DLS)
12 Dec – 1st ODI, Queenstown (New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by 131 runs)
15 Dec – 2nd ODI, Christchurch (New Zealand women beat Pakistan women by one wicket)
18 Dec – 3rd ODI, Christchurch (2pm local time) (ICC Women’s Championship)

Nida Dar ruled out of ODI series against New Zealand

Pakistan women’s team captain, Nida Dar, has been ruled out of the third ODI against New Zealand, scheduled to take place at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on Monday, 18 December. Nida was struck on her face by a ball during the first ODI at the John Davies Oval in Queenstown on Monday, 11 December, and was forced to miss the second ODI at Hagley Oval after developing symptoms of concussion.

She has shown much improvement over the last two days after being assessed by the doctor and team physio. However, she still requires some more time to recover from concussion and keeping in mind the wellbeing of the player, Nida has been advised further rest and hence will not be available for the final match of the tour.

Fatima Sana will continue to lead the side in the absence of regular captain, Nida. Under Fatima Sana’s maiden ODI as captain, Pakistan lost a thriller against White Ferns by one wicket on Friday. The ICC and PCB Emerging Cricketer of the Year, Fatima, scored 90 not out with the bat – her highest score in this format – and also bagged two wickets.

Reacting to missing out on the third ODI, Nida said, “I am disappointed to not be available for the final game. The way the girls have performed on the New Zealand tour is incredible, and I am really proud of each and every member of the team.

“Fatima Sana has shown great maturity in her captaincy by leading from the front in the last game and taking the side close to a win, which was exceptional. Even though we have lost the ODI series, the way girls have fought on the ground and shown character is great to see. I am sure they will continue to show the same spirit in the third ODI and will end the tour on the winning note.”

Pakistan 14-member squad for third ODI:

Fatima Sana (captain), Aliya Riaz, Bismah Maroof, Ghulam Fatima, Muneeba Ali (wk), Najiha Alvi (wk), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Umm-e-Hani and Waheeda Akhtar.

Score Updates

Pakistan Women team vs New Zealand Women team. 3rd ODI 2023.

Pakistan Women 95/2 after 22 overs in chase of a target of 252 runs set by New Zealand Women.

NZW 251/8 (50)
PAKW 169/3 (37.4) CRR: 4.49 REQ: 6.73
Pakistan Women need 83 runs in 74 balls

Wow excitement!

Pakistan W v New Zealand W third ODI match update:

Scores are level. It is going to be a super over

Pakistan W beat New Zealand W by three runs in super over in the 3rd ODI 2023.

Match Summary below ⬇️
IMG-20231218-WA0021.jpg

1702888686478.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Player of the Match award✔️ Bismah Maroof shines for women in Green.She made 68(86) off his bat that led her side to glory in the 3rd ODI. IMG-20231218-WA0027.jpg

Pakistan women create history, beat New Zealand in Super Over

•After today’s win Pakistan women are positioned second in ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25

Pakistan women’s team created history in New Zealand once again when they defeated the hosts by three runs in the Super Over of the third ODI at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on Monday evening.

This was Pakistan women’s team’s first win over White Ferns in their own backyard and only their second win in 17 matches.

After today’s win, Pakistan have jumped to the second position in ICC Women’s Championship with 16 points from 18 matches.

The ODI series, part of ICC Women’s Championship, ended 2-1 in White Ferns favour. While Pakistan women’s team on the tour became the first Asian side to clinch T20I series against White Ferns. They won the series 2-1.

Chasing 252 to win, Pakistan levelled the score on 251 for nine in their allotted 50 overs. Bismah Maroof, also declared player of the match, scored her 20th ODI half-century today. She scored a 86-ball 68, which included five fours. She knitted a 101-run partnership for the third wicket with Aliya Riaz (44, 84b, 4x4s) and 35-run partnership with captain Fatima Sana (36, 33b, 3x4s). Natalia Parvaiz (26, 23b, 1x4, 1x6) and an unbeaten knock from wicketkeeper-batter Najiha Alvi (23 not out, 26b, 1x4) helped the side reach 251.

In the Super Over, Pakistan scored 11 runs, courtesy of the first ball four hit by Aliya Riaz. In reply, despite being hit for a six by Sophie Devine, Sadia Iqbal kept her cool and clinched two wickets to lift Pakistan women’s team to win by three runs.

Earlier, after opting to bat first, White Ferns scored 251 for eight in their allotted 50 overs. The opening pair of Suzie Bates and Isabella Gaze were back in the pavilion in the 15th over with 43 runs on the board. Captain Sophie Devine and Amelia Kerr got together and knitted a 56-run partnership for the third wicket. Both Devine (29, 32b, 4x4s) and Kerr (77, 87b, 5x4s) were bowled by leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima, who ended-up with match figures of two for 59 in 10 overs. She has now 18 wickets in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25 from 10 outings.

Nashra Sundhu, the left-arm spinner bagged two wickets too, giving away 59 overs and taking her tally of wickets to 19 from 13 matches.

Scores in brief:

Match Tied – Pakistan women beat New Zealand women in the Super Over

New Zealand 251-8, 50 overs (Amelia Kerr 77, Maddy Green 65 not out; Ghulam Fatima 2-59, Nashra Sundhu 2-59)

Pakistan 251-9, 50 overs (Bismah Maroof 68, Aliya Riaz 44, Fatima Sana 36, Natalia Parvaiz 26, Sidra Amin 24, Najiha Alvi 23 not out; Lea Tahuhu 2-30, Amelia Kerr 2-54)

Player of the match – Bismah Maroof (Pakistan)

Player of the series – Amelia Kerr (New Zealand)

Pakistan women have done alot better in recent times.Good to see improvements.

International success propels Pakistan star Fatima Sana into Super Smash contract with Canterbury Magicians

Pakistan allrounder Fatima Sana has converted her outstanding international performances against the White Ferns into an extended stay in New Zealand.

Sana, 22, has signed with Canterbury Magicians for the first six rounds of Super Smash T20 competition, beginning Tuesday against Auckland Hearts.

She starred with the bat and ball against the NZ women in their just-completed white-ball tour, hitting an unbeaten 90 in their second one-dayer at Christchurch and two three-wicket bags during the preceding Twenty20 series.

In the absence of injured skipper Nida Dar, Sana captained her country during the ODI exchanges.

"Joining the Canterbury Magicians is a fantastic opportunity and I am eager to contribute my best to the team's success," she said.

"The Super Smash is known for its competitive nature and I am looking forward to the challenges, while learning from and sharing my experiences with my new teammates."

Sana has been instrumental in Pakistan's dramatically improved standing on the world stage, since debuting against South Africa in 2019, and has also appeared for Barbados Royals in the Caribbean Women's Premier League.

"We are delighted to welcome Fatima to the Canterbury Magicians family," said coach Rhys Morgan. "Her international experience and record make her a valuable addition to our squad.

"We believe her presence will not only enhance the team's performance, but also contribute to the interest in this year's Super Smash."

Among Sana's new teammates will be White Ferns fast-bowler Lea Tahuhu.

Pakistan duo Sidra Ameen (up six places to 14th) and Fatima Sana (up 43 spots to equal 47th) also made some ground on the ODI batter rankings after some performances during the series.

ICC​

Jaweria Rauf announces retirement from international cricket

Jaweria Rauf has announced retirement from international cricket after representing Pakistan Women’s cricket team in four ODIs and 13 T20Is between 2013 and 2021. She made her T20I debut against South Africa during the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in 2012. She received her ODI cap in 2013 against Ireland.

Jaweria started her competitive career in 2011 and it spanned over 12 years where she participated in various domestic competitions.

Jaweria Rauf: “With a blend of nostalgia and gratitude, I announce my retirement from international cricket. It has been an incredible journey filled with highs and lows. I consider it an honour and privilege to have represented my country at the highest level. I’m grateful to the Pakistan Cricket Board for all the opportunities.”

23 probables announced for Pakistan Women’s U19 Camp

The Women’s National Selection Committee headed by Saleem Jaffar has named 23 probables for the upcoming T20 tri-series in Cox’s Bazar, which involves Sri Lanka and hosts Bangladesh. The T20 tournament will be played on a double round-robin basis with the participating teams playing four matches each, before the top two sides playing the final on 2 February.

Among the 23 probables, six players – Anosha Nasir, Eyman Fatima, Laiba Nasir, Mahnoor Aftab, Rida Aslam and Zaib-un-Nisa – have already played for Pakistan in the ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup in South Africa last year.

The selectors will announce the 15-player squad during the camp, which will run from 10 to 18 January at the Hanif Mohammad High Performance Centre in Karachi. During the nine-day camp, the players will feature in training sessions and practice T20 matches.

Probables:

Aleesa Mukhtiar, Anosha Nasir, Areesha Ansari, Eyman Fatima, Haleema Dua Zafar, Haniah Ahmer, Kainat Eiman, Komal Khan, Laiba Nasir, Maham Anees, Mahnoor Aftab, Memoona Khalid, Mubeen Ahmed, Muqadas Bukhari, Muskan Abid, Ravail Farhan, Rida Aslam, Samiya Afsar, Sana Talib, Syeda Taskyn Fatima, Tayyaba Imdad, Zaib-un-Nisa and Zoofishan Ayyaz

Team Management:

Wasim Yousafi (Head Coach), Aisha Jalil (Manager), Shakir Qayyum (Assistant Coach), Zulfiqar Babar (Spin Bowling Coach), Muhammad Ramzan (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Muhammad Usman Shahid (Analyst) and Rabia Siddiq (Physio)

The four-day female umpires induction course will take place at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore from Saturday, 13 January. The PCB received applications from aspirants in December 2023 as per the criteria where a minimum of intermediate education was mandatory for applicants, except for international players, while the age bracket was kept between 28 to 40 years.

Member of ICC’s Elite panel of Umpires, Ahsan Raza and PCB’s International Umpire Asif Yaqoob will be the instructors of this course. The candidates will be required to undergo a three-day basic training course initially and on the fourth day, a written test, a fitness test and interviews will be conducted.

Successful candidates will be inducted into the PCB Female Panel of Umpires for the next domestic cricket season, which will allow them to officiate Region/District and Club level matches.

National Women’s T20 Tournament to commence from 15 January

IMG-20240112-WA0037.jpg

•Each player of the match to bag PKR20,000 and the player of the tournament to be awarded PKR50,000. Winning team to earn PKR one million and the finalists will get PKR 0.5 million

The six-team National Women’s T20 Tournament 2024 is all set to commence from Monday, 15 January at three venues in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

The tournament will feature six regional teams namely Karachi, Lahore, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta and Rawalpindi.

The 17-day tournament will see every team play 10 matches, before the top two sides feature in the final on 31 January. The venue of the final will be announced in due course.

The double round-robin matches will take place in Rawalpindi’s Ayub Park Ground and Islamabad’s Diamond Cricket Ground and Shoaib Akhtar Stadium.

Matches at the Shoaib Akhtar Stadium will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel.

The toss will take place at 1030 PKT, while the first ball of the match will be bowled at 1100 PKT.

The National Women’s T20 Tournament 2024 serves a great opportunity for the players to stake a claim in the national team ahead of the busy international year. Pakistan Women are set to feature in at least eight T20Is (five T20Is against West Indies, three T20Is against England) before taking part in the ACC Women’s T20 Asia Cup and ICC Women’s T20 World Cup later this year.

The winning team will receive PKR one million, while the runners-up will get PKR 0.5 million.

The player of the tournament will be awarded PKR50,000 and player of the match in each game will receive PKR20,000. The tournament’s top performers – best batter, best bowler and best wicket-keeper – will get PKR 25,000.

The PCB has also finalised the six squads, which consist of 16 players each. These squads have been selected by the national women’s selection committee headed by former Test cricketer Saleem Jaffar.

Squads:

Karachi Region: Fatima Sana (Captain), Aimen Anwar, Aroob Shah, Esha Rahupoto, Hurraina Sajjad, Javeria Khan, Laiba Fatima, Maham Manzoor, Maham Tariq, Masooma Jaffri, Muneeba Ali, Najiha Alvi, Omaima Sohail, Rameen Shamim, Yusra Amir and Zunaira Shah

Team Management: Tahir Khan (Head Coach), Jaweria Rauf (Assistant Coach), Sehar Syed (Physio), Taimoor Mehmood (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Shagufta Kazmi (Manager)

Lahore Region: Nida Dar (Captain), Ayesha Zafar, Amber Kainaat, Areesha Noor, Bismah Maroof, Fatima Khan, Fatima Shahid, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Kainat Hafeez, Nashra Sundhu, Noreen Yaqoob, Sadaf Shamas, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz and Zunash Abdul Sattar

Team management: Mohsin Kamal (Head Coach), Tahir Mehmood (Assistant Coach), Iraj Athar (Physio), Asfand Yar Khan (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Hina Azam (Manager)

Multan Region: Umm-e-Hani (Captain), Aisha Bilal, Aleena Masood, Amber Maria, Asma Shareef, Gul-e-Uswa, Gul Feroza, Gul Rukh, Noor Ul Eman, Rehmat Noreen, Saiqa Riaz, Samina Aftab, Shahmeer Rajput, Tasmia Rubab, Wajeeha Muneer and Warda Yousaf

Team Management: Kamran Hussain (Head Coach), Maria Gulnaz (Assistant Coach), Laila Niaz Khan (Physio), Pervaiz Nabi (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Najma Zafar (Manager)

Peshawar Region: Aleena Shah (Captain), Anaya Khan, Ayesha Afridi, Fatima Zeb, Javeria Qamar, Mahnoor Hayat, Mahnoor Qayum, Momina Riyasat, Nayab Ishaq, Rahyma Syed, Salwa Raheem, Seema Gul, Sehar Gull, Shabnam Hayat, Sumbal Bibi and Tehzeeb Shah

Team Management: Hajra Sarwar (Head Coach), Rehmat Gul (Assistant Coach), Rummana Zubair (Physio), Fazal Wahab (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Haseena Khushboo (Manager)

Quetta Region: Saima Malik (Captain), Anum Amin, Ayesha Asim, Dua Majid, Faiza, Fareeha Mehmood, Humaira Ghulam, Jannat Rashid, Khadija Chishti, Khair-u-Nisa, Khizra Liaqat, Lubaba Sarwar, Nida, Subhana Tariq, Tuba Hassan and Zamar Shafee

Team Management: Aqil Baloch (Head Coach), Nahida Bibi (Assistant Coach), Mahnoor Sajjad (Physio), Mujahid Shah (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Hajira Baloch (Manager)

Rawalpindi Region: Aliya Riaz (Captain), Aima Saleem Satti, Areeja Haseeb, Fajar Naveed, Farzana Farooq, Fatima Syed, Fatima Zehra Shah, Humna Bilal, Kainat Gulalai, Lubna Behram, Natalia Parvaiz, Noor Fatima, Sania Rasheed, Tania Saeed, Waheeda Akhtar and Zainab Arif Jutt

Team Management: Jawad Hamid (Head Coach), Waqar Orakzai (Assistant Coach), Tehreem Sumbal (Physio), Farrukh Hayat (Strength and Conditioning Coach) and Saira Iftikhar (Manager)

PCB

National Women T20 Tournament toss update:

Multan Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Lahore Women at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Rawalpindi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Peshawar Women at Diamond Club Ground, Islamabad

Quetta Women win the toss and decide to field first against Karachi Women at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Quetta, Lahore and Rawalpindi register victories on the opening day of National Women's T20 Tournament

The opening day of National Women’s T20 Tournament2023-24 saw action unfold at three venues across Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Quetta edged over Karachi in a final-over finish at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, registering a win by six wickets. At Ayub Park Ground, Lahore dominated over Multan with a 10-wicket win after the latter were bowled out for 69. Rawalpindi cruised to a comfortable victory by seven wickets against Peshawar at the Diamond Club Ground.

Quetta v Karachi at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Karachi posted 119-6 in 20 overs after being invited to bat first by Quetta’s captain Saima Malik. The match which was live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel saw Anam Amin struck in the first over to take out Muneeba Ali for a second-ball duck. Then, right-arm pacer Khairun Nisa removed Yusra Amir on the last ball of the second over. In her subsequent over, she bowled a double wicket maiden to reduce Karachi to nine for four in four overs.

Javeria Khan stitched two important partnerships to bring a semblance of stability in the innings; a 31-run sixth-wicket stand with her captain Rameen Shamim followed by an unbeaten 60-run stand with Maham Tariq. Javeria’s unbeaten half-century (74, 57b, 11x4s) allowed Karachi to get to a fighting total.

In turn, Rameen ran out opening batter Dua Majid, who walked back for a duck in the second over. The next batter in, Khadija Chishti (8, 15b), also fell to Rameen in the eighth over after building a 35-run partnership with Fareeha Mahmood. Fareeha went on to score a half-century (63, 61b, 10x4s) before she was dismissed by Maham. Jannat Rashid (10, 24b, 1x4) fell to Maham Manzoor as troubled deepened for Quetta. Tuba Hassan (34, 17b, 3x4s, 2x6s), the fifth batter in, salvaged the game for Quetta. She hit a four and a six in the final over to take Quetta over the line.

Multan v Lahore at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Multan’s decision to bat first backfired as they were bowled out for a measly 69 in 19.1 overs. Opening batters Gull Feroza and Aleena Masood went out cheaply to bring the team down to six for two in 1.2 overs. The third batter in, Gull Rukh, could only manage 14 from 22 including three boundaries, before she fell to left-arm spinner Nashra Sandhu.

Multan’s captain Umm-e-Hani, who hit 20 off 29 including two fours, was the top-scorer of the innings. Saiqa Riaz (14 not out, 21b, 1x4) was the other contributor with the bat.

Leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima was the most successful bowler for Lahore, bagging three wickets for 13 runs. Nashra bowled an outstanding spell; accounting for two wickets at the expense of just one run in 3.1 overs. Noreen Yaqoob, Fatima Khan and Areesha Noor bagged a wicket each.

In return, Lahore cruised to the target in just 8.4 overs and 10 wickets in the bag. Sadaf Shams scored an unbeaten 35 from 30, including seven fours. She was supported by Sidra Amin, who hit 31 off 22, showcasing five boundaries and a maximum.

Peshawar v Rawalpindi Diamond Club Ground, Islamabad

After being put to bat first, Peshawar was bowled out for 51 in 12 overs in the first innings, courtesy of a dominating performance by the Rawalpindi bowling attack. Raahima Syed (13, 16b, 2x4s) and captain Aleena Shah (13, 17b, 3x4s) were the top run-getters for Peshawar.

Rawalpindi’s Tania Saeed accounted for three wickets for just four runs. She was supported by Waheeda Akhtar and Aliya Riaz, who grabbed two wickets each. FatimaShah and Aima Saleem also had one each to their names.

Rawalpindi achieved the target in 6.2 overs, losing three wickets in process. Aliya played a captain’s innings, hitting 23 from 13, including four boundaries and a six. Natalia Parvaiz (10 not out, 9b, 1x4) was the other contributor with the bat, as Rawalpindi got over the line. Momina Riyasat and Tehzeeb Shah were the two wicket-takers for Peshawar, ending with a wicket each.

All six teams will feature in second round matches tomorrow. The first ball will be bowled at 11am. The match between Peshawar and Karachi at the Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel.

Scores in brief

Quetta beat Karachi by six wickets at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

Karachi 119-6, 20 overs (Javeria Khan 74 not out, Maham Manzoor 17 not out, Syeda Aroob Shah 13; Khairun Nisa 3-14))

Quetta 121-4, 19.5 overs (Fareeha Mahmood 63, Tuba Hassan 34 not out; Rameen Shamim 1-16, Maham Manzoor 1-19, Maham Tariq 1-26)

Player of the match – Fareeha Mahmood (Quetta)

Lahore beat Multan by 10 wickets at Ayub Park Ground

Multan 69 all out, 19.1 overs (Umm-e-Hani 20, Saiqa Riaz 14 not out, Gull Rukh 14; Ghulam Fatima 3-13, Nashra Sandhu 2-1))

Lahore 73-0, 8.4 overs (Sadaf Shams 35 not out, Sidra Amin 31 not out)

Player of the match – Ghulam Fatima (Lahore)

Rawalpindi beat Peshawar seven wickets at Diamond Club Ground

Peshawar 51 all out, 12 overs (Raahima Syed 13, Aleena Shah 13; Tania Saeed 3-4, Waheeda Akhtar 2-1, Aliya Riaz 2-13)

Rawalpindi 52-3, 6.2 overs (Aliya Riaz 23, Natalia Parvaiz 10 not out; Tehzeeb Shah 1-11, Momina Riyasat 1-21)

Player of the match – Aliya Riaz (Rawalpindi)

PCB

Nida Dar among 13 participants take part in Female Umpires induction course

Lahore, 16 January 2024:

Pakistan women’s team captain Nida Dar and former international women cricketer Sukhan Faiz were among the 13 participants who took part in the Female Umpires induction course, which concluded today at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

The four-day course that commenced on 13 January saw 13 female participants undergo basic training sessions, including an understanding of the laws of the game. On the final day, the participants took a written test and had one-on-one interviews.

Member of ICC’s Elite Panel of Umpires, Ahsan Raza and PCB’s International Umpire Asif Yaqoob were the instructors of this course.

Nida Dar: “It was a very important course as it helped me understand the laws of the game in a thorough manner. Secondly, I wanted to be a role model for the young girls and inspire them to choose the field of umpiring.

“The experiences shared by the elite panel umpires in the course were very valuable and will help us in the future.”

Ahsan Raza: “As instructors in the four-day course, we discussed playing conditions, laws and practical umpiring in today’s era. We had interactive practical sessions at the ground, and participants were provided knowledge about umpiring through video clips.”

Participants (in alphabetical order): Ammara Khan, Ayesha Farooq, Ayesha Shakoor, Fakhira Kazmi, Isma, Nida Dar, Quratulain, Sania Ashraf, Shumaila Naz, Sukhan Faiz, Sumaira Sajid, Zakia Gul and Zubaida Sattar

Umm-e-Hani ruled out of National Women's T20 Tournament due to injury

Multan Women captain Umm-e-Hani has been ruled out of the ongoing National Women’s T20 Tournament in Rawalpindi/Islamabad due to thumb injury.

Umm-e-Hani, who has featured for Pakistan women in 17 international matches, sustained a hairline fracture in her left-hand thumb in her side’s opening match against Lahore Women on 15 January.

Umm-e-Hani has been advised four weeks rest.

The selection committee has named Gull Feroza captain of Multan Women for the rest of the tournament.
PCB

Lahore Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Peshawar Women at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Multan Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Karachi Women at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Rawalpindi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Quetta Women at Diamond Cricket Ground, Islamabad

Lahore's Sidra Amin and Sadaf Shamas hit unbeaten centuries in round three of National
Women's T20 Tournament

Sidra Amin and Sadaf Shams scored undefeated centuries to take Lahore to a dominating victory over Peshawar at the Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi, in the third round of National Women’s T20 Tournament 2023-24.

At Ayub Park Ground, Multan faced a seven-wicket defeat against Karachi as the latter chased the 92-run target in 11.5 overs.

At Islamabad’s Diamond Club Ground,Rawalpindi defeated Quetta by eight wickets on the back of an unbeaten half-centuries by Aliya Riaz and Natalia Parvaiz.

Peshawar v Lahore at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Lahore’s decision to bat first paid dividends as the side put a mammoth 233 for no loss in the allotted 20 overs. Both the opening batters smashed unbeaten centuries. Sidra Amin took 55 deliveries to hit 113, including 12 boundaries and six maximums.

She was supported by Sadaf Shams, who scored 106 from 66, showcasing 15 fours and two sixes. Peshawar bowlers toiled hard with the ball, but remained wicketless.

In return, Peshawar could only manage 86-4 in 20 overs. Opening batters Aleena Shah (11, 16b, 2x4s) and Momina Riyasat (1, 5b) both fell cheaply to right-arm pacer Fatima Khan.

Tehzeeb Shah, who contributed 20 from 21 with four boundaries, was caught Sidra off leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima’s bowling. Sidra later ran out Shabnam Hayat (15, 37b, 1x4) as well.

Raahima Syed scored an unbeaten 28 from 42, including three boundaries, which went in vain as Peshawar lost by 147 runs.

Sidra and Sadaf were jointly awarded players of the match.

Multan v Karachi at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Karachi cruised to a seven-wicket victory over Multan after completing the target of 92 in just 11.5 overs. Javeria Khan top-scored with the bat, hitting 47 from 37, including six fours and a maximum.

Syeda Aroob Shah, the fifth batter in, produced an unbeaten knock of 17 from 10, including a six and a four, to take Karachi over the line. Yusra Amir (15, 19b, 2x4s) was the other contributors with the bat.

Tasmia Rubab, Asma Shareef and Rehmat Noreen got a wicket each for Multan.

Earlier, Multan were bundled over for a paltry 91. Opening batter Aleena Masood top-scored for the side with a 37-ball 26, including four boundaries.

Skipper Gull Feroza chipped in 13 from 11, including two fours, before she fell to off-spinner Rameen Shamim. Warda Yousaf (11, 12b, 2x4s) and Tasmia (10, 6b, 2x4s) also furthered their side’s total.

Aroob was the pick of the bowlers for Karachi, grabbing three wickets for just 16 runs in four overs. Rameen accounted for two scalps for 15 runs in three overs. Skipper Fatima Sana, Omaima Sohail and Syeda Masooma Zahra also dismissed a batter each.

For her all-round brilliance, Aroob was adjudged player of the match.

Quetta v Rawalpindi at Diamond Club Ground, Islamabad

After opting to bowl first against Quetta, Rawalpindi had a strong start when Fatima Shah struck to get opening batter Dua Majid out for just three runs.

Fareeha Mahmood and Tuba Hassan stitched a 58-run second-wicket partnership to bring a semblance of stability to the innings. Skipper Aliya Riaz provided the breakthrough as she rattled Fareeha’s (29, 38b, 6x4s) stumps.

Jannat Rasheed (13, 14b, 1x4) also chipped in with the bat. Tuba, who scored an undefeated half-century, was the top-scorer for Quetta. Her knock of 70 from 43, showcasing seven fours and three sixes, took the team to 136-5 in 20 overs.

Left-arm spinner Tania Saeed picked up two wickets while Fatima Shah and Aima Saleem removed a batter each.

Rawalpindi had a faltering start to the chase. Right-arm pacer Khairun Nisa landed two early blows with both the opening batters, Aima (2, 6b) and Fajar Naveed (10, 11b, 1x4), walking back to the pavilion cheaply.

Aliya and Natalia built an undefeated 124-run stand for the third-wicket, which allowed Rawalpindi to recuperate after the early setback. Natalia hit an undefeated 57 from 44, with seven fours and a six, supporting her skipper batting at the other end.

Aliya, who was also awarded player of the match, smashed unbeaten 63 from 49 deliveries, including seven boundaries and four maximums, to take her team over the rope.

All six teams will feature in fourth round matches on 19 January. The first ball will be bowled at 11am. The match between Quetta and Lahore at the Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel.

Scores in brief:

Lahore beat Peshawar by 147 runs at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

Lahore 233-0, 20 overs (Sidra Amin 113 not out, Sadaf Shams 106 not out)

Peshawar 86-4, 20 overs (Raahima Syed 28 not out, Tehzeeb Shah 20, Shabnam Hayat 15; Fatima Khan 2-18, Ghulam Fatima 1-6)

Player of the match – Sidra Amin and Sadaf Shams (Lahore)

Karachi beat Multan by seven wickets at Ayub Park Ground

Multan 91 all out, 18.4 overs (Aleena Masood 26, Gull Feroza 13, Warda Yousaf 11, Tasmia Rubab 10; Syeda Aroob Shah 3-16, Rameen Shamim 2-15)

Karachi 92-3, 11.5 overs (Javeria Khan 47, Syeda Aroob Shah 17 not out, Yusra Amir 15; Tasmia Rubab 1-18, Asma Shareef 1-20, Rehmat Noreen 1-23)

Player of the match – Syeda Aroob Shah (Karachi)

Rawalpindi beat Quetta by eight wickets at Diamond Club Ground

Quetta 136-5, 20 overs (Tuba Hassan 70 not out, Fareeha Mahmood 29, Jannat Rasheed 13; Tania Saeed 2-16)

Rawalpindi 139-2, 18.2 overs (Aliya Riaz 63 not out, Natalia Parvaiz 57 not out; Khairun Nisa 2-16)

Mahnoor Aftab named Pakistan Women U19 captain for Bangladesh tour

Karachi, 18 January 2024:

The Women’s National Selection Committee, led by Saleem Jaffar, has announced a 15-women squad for the upcoming T20 tri-series involving Sri Lanka Women U19 and Bangladesh Women U19, to be played in Cox’s Bazar from 24 January to 2 February.

The tournament will be played on a double round-robin basis followed by a final. Off-spinner Mahnoor Aftab has been appointed captain for the event. Batting all-rounder Laiba Nasir has been named her deputy.

Six players, including Mahnoor and Laiba, represented Pakistan at the ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup that took place in South Africa the previous year. Anosha Nasir, Eyman Fatima, Rida Aslam and Zaib-un-Nisa are the other players who represented Pakistan at the World Cup.

Ahead of the squad finalization, 23 players featured in a probables camp as part of preparation and training for the tri-series. The camp ran from 10 to 18 January at the Hanif Mohammad High Performance Centre in Karachi and was monitored by the Women’s National Selection Committee.

The complete squad is as follows:

Pakistan Women U19 squad: Mahnoor Aftab (Captain), Laiba Nasir (Vice-Captain), Anosha Nasir, Areesha Ansari, Eyman Fatima, Haleema Dua Zafar, Komal Khan (Wicketkeeper), Maham Anees, Memoona Khalid, Mubeen Ahmed, Ravail Farhan, Rida Aslam, Samiya Afsar, Zaib un Nisa and Zoofishan Ayyaz

Non-traveling reserves - Aleesa Mukhtiar, Kainat Eiman, Muskan Abid and Tayyaba Imdad

Team Management:

Wasim Yousafi (Head Coach), Aisha Jalil (Manager), Shakir Qayyum (Assistant Coach), Zulfiqar Babar (Spin Bowling Coach), Muhammad Ramzan (Strength and Conditioning Coach), Muhammad Usman Shahid (Analyst) and Rabia Siddiq (Physio)

The team is set to depart for Bangladesh on 19 January from Karachi. Pakistan Women U19 will play their first match on 25 January, when they face Sri Lanka Women U19. The complete schedule of the tri-series is listed below.

Complete schedule

24 January – Tri-series first T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

25 January – Tri-series second T20 match (Pakistan Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

27 January – Tri-series third T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Pakistan Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

28 January – Tri-series fourth T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

30 January – Tri-series fifth T20 match (Pakistan Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

31 January – Tri-series sixth T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Pakistan Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

2 February – Tri-series final; Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

PCB introduces retainers for Women Panel of Umpires

The Pakistan Cricket Board today confirmed it has introduced retainers for its Women Panel of Umpires for the first time. All seven umpires in the panel will receive a monthly retainer of PKR32,000.

Recently, the PCB organised a four-day Female Umpires induction course in Lahore, with participants including Pakistan women’s team captain Nida Dar and former international cricketer Sukhan Faiz among the 13 participants.

In addition to the retainers, the PCB also provides other benefits to its match officials during the cricket season, including match fees, daily allowances, hotel accommodation, air and ground travel.

PCB Senior Manager - Umpires and Referees, Bilal Qureshi: “It is great to see women stepping forward in the field of umpiring. To ensure they are valued and respected, the PCB, in addition to providing accommodation and travel, has introduced monthly retainers for the women umpires.

“This step will motivate more women to come forward and the PCB will continue to encourage women to adapt this profession and progress in this field.”

PCB Women’s Panel of Umpires (7) - Afia Amin, Humairah Farah, Nazia Nazir, Riffat Mustafa, Sabahat Rasheed, Saleema Imtiaz and Shakila Rafiq.

Bowlers impress at all three venues in the fourth round of National Women's T20 Tournament

The fourth round of National Women’s T20 Tournament saw action unfold at three venues across two cities. In Rawalpindi, Lahore continued their unbeaten streak after defeating Quetta by six wickets at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium. Rawalpindi fell 22 runs short of chasing 131 against Karachi at Ayub Park Ground.

In Islamabad, Multan dominated over Peshawar with a nine-wicket win after dismissing the side for a paltry 57 in the first innings.

Quetta v Lahore at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

In the match that was livestreamed on PCB’s YouTube channel, Quetta posted 115-7 in 20 overs after choosing to bat first against Lahore. Quetta got off to a breezy start courtesy of a 41-run opening partnership between Fareeha Mahmood and Dua Majid.

Left-arm spinner Nashra Sandhu, brought into the attack in the last over of the powerplay, struck to remove Fareeha (15, 16b, 3x4s). Jannat Rashid (10, 7b, 2x4s), the next batter in, was caught by Sidra Amin off captain Nida Dar’s bowling.

Nashra disturbed Dua’s stumps, who walked back after 34 from 23, including six boundaries. Leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima got Subhana Tariq (6, 9b, 1x4) and Saima Malik (1, 4b) out to further deplete Quetta’s scoring rate.

Khizra Rani made seven runs before falling to Ayesha Zafar, while Khairun Nisa was run out by Sadaf Shams. Tuba Hassan, the fifth batter in, remained unbeaten at run-a-ball 36, including five boundaries.

Fatima and Nashra picked up two wickets each, while Nida and Ayesha got a batter out each as well.

Anam Amin landed an early blow to send Lahore’s opening batter Sadaf Shams walking back for a duck. Soon after, Khairun Nisa removed Ayesha Zafar and Kaynat Hafeez cheaply to bring Lahore down to 26-3 inside the powerplay.

Sidra Amin and Sidra Nawaz built a 37-run partnership to bring stability to the innings. Ayesha Asim broke the partnership by dismissing Sidra Amin (34, 27b, 4x4s, 1x6).

Skipper Nida Dar (38 not out, 23b, 6x4s) joined Sidra Nawaz (26 not out, 21b, 3x4s) on the crease. The two put up an undefeated 53-run stand to take Lahore over the line, in the 16th over with six wickets in the bag.

Nida, the top-scorer in the game, was adjudged player of the match.

Rawalpindi v Karachi at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Rawalpindi won the toss and invited Karachi to bat first. Muneeba Ali and Javeria Khan gave Karachi a solid start with a 63-run opening stand. Left-arm spinner Tania Saeed broke the partnership by removing Muneeba (36, 33b, 5x4s).

Waheeda Akhtar ran out Javeria (21, 24b, 2x4s) in the 11th over. Omaima Sohail and skipper Fatima Sana both could only chip in five runs each before getting out to Aima Saleem and Tania respectively.

Yusra Amir added 25 from 26, including two boundaries before she was trapped leg-before by Waheeda. Syeda Aroob Shah (19 not out, 11b, 1x6) was the other contributor with the bat as Karachi got to 130-6 in 20 overs.

Tania was the most successful bowler for Rawalpindi, returning with two scalps. Aima, Waheeda and Aliya Riaz picked up one wicket each.

In reply, Fatima while leading from the front, provided the first breakthrough for Karachi by removing Fajar Naveed (8, 10b, 1x4) to bring the 39-run opening stand to an end.

The top run-getter of the innings, Aima Saleem (24, 25b, 5x4s), was the next batter to fall when she was caught by Javeria off Maham Manzoor’s bowling.

Rawalpindi captain Aliya Riaz was dismissed by Omaima for a duck as trouble deepened for her side. The sixth batter in, Waheeda, chipped in 23 from 20, including three boundaries and six, before Omaima caught her off Rameen Shamim’s bowling.

Arijah Haseeb (10, 7b, 2x4s) and Humna Bilal (10 not out, 6b, 1x4) were the other contributors with the bat as Rawalpindi got to 109-9 in 20 overs, losing the game by 21 runs.

Maham, who picked up two wickets for just three runs in her four overs, was awarded player of the match for her impressive outing with the ball. Omaima, Fatima and Rameen also had two wickets each to their names.

Peshawar v Multan at Diamond Club Ground, Islamabad

Peshawar could not capitalise on their decision to bat first and were bundled over for a measly 57 in 17.1 overs against Multan. Opening batters Momina Riyasat (9, 6b, 2x4s) and Aleena Shah (3, 6b) both fell to Ayesha Bilal. Left-arm pacer Tasmia Rubab trapped Raahima Syed leg-before wicket for just a run.

Tehzeeb Shah (1, 6b) was run out by Tasmia to bring Peshawar down to 24-4 inside five overs. Ayesha struck again to remove Nayab Ishfaq for just a run.

Asma Shareef removed Mahnoor Qayyum (7, 13b, 1x4) and Shabnam Hayat (0, 8b) as Peshawar fell deeper in trouble.

Shahmeer Rajput dismissed Fatima Zeb and Anaya Khan while Seema Gul fell to Noor ul Eman to bring the Peshawar innings to an end. Salwa Raheem (10 not out, 28b, 1x4) was the highest scorer for the side.

Ayesha was the pick of the bowlers for Multan, accounting for three wickets. Shahmeer and Asma bagged two scalps while Noor and Tasmia had one wicket each to their names.

Multan’s opening batter Samina Aftab fell to Momina for a duck. Undeterred by the early setback, skipper Gull Feroza and Saiqa Riaz produced an unbeaten partnership of 58 runs to take their team over the line in just the 12th over.

Gull contributed an undefeated 39 from 37, including three boundaries. From the other end, Saiqa added 17 from 25 including a four, as Multan won the game by nine wickets.

For their performances with the bat and ball respectively, Gull Feroza and Ayesha Bilal were adjudged players of the match.

All six teams will feature in fifth round matches on 22 January. The first ball will be bowled at 11am. The match between Karachi and Lahore at the Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel.

Scores in brief:

Lahore beat Quetta by six wickets at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

Quetta 115-7, 20 overs (Tuba Hassan 36 not out, Dua Majid 34, Fareeha Mahmood 15; Ghulam Fatima 2-13, Nashra Sandhu 2-28)

Lahore 116-4, 15.1 overs (Nida Dar 38 not out, Sidra Amin 34, Sidra Nawaz 26 not out; Khairun Nisa 2-23, Anam Amin 1-13)

Player of the match – Nida Dar (Lahore)

Karachi beat Rawalpindi by 21 runs at Ayub Park Ground

Karachi 130-6, 20 overs (Muneeba Ali 36, Yusra Amir 25, Javeria Khan 21, Syeda Aroob Shah 19 not out; Tania Saeed 2-19)

Rawalpindi 109-9, 20 overs (Aima Saleem 24, Waheeda Akhtar 23, Natalia Parvaiz 13; Maham Manzoor 2-3, Omaima Sohail 2-11, Rameen Shamim 2-25, Fatima Sana 2-28)

Player of the match – Maham Manzoor (Karachi)

Multan beat Peshawar by nine wickets at Diamond Club Ground

Peshawar 57 all out, 17.1 overs (Salwa Raheem 10 not out, Momina Riyasat 9; Ayesha Bilal 3-16, Asma Shareef 1-2, Shahmeer Rajput 2-4)

Multan 61-1, 11.3 overs (Gull Feroza 39 not out, Saiqa Riaz 17 not out; Momina Riyasat 1-13)

Player of the match – Ayesha Bilal and Gull Feroza (Multan)

Rawalpindi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Lahore Women at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Peshawar Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Karachi Women at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Multan Women win the toss and decide to field first against Quetta Women at Diamond Cricket Ground, Islamabad​

Lahore, Karachi and Multan emerge victorious in sixth round of National Women's T20 Tournament​

The sixth round of matches of National Women’s T20 Tournament saw wins for Lahore, Karachi and Multan as all six teams participated in matches played across three venues in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

At Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, fighting efforts by Natalia Parvaiz and Waheeda Akhtar proved insufficient as Rawalpindi lost by 20 runs against Lahore. Peshawar suffered a nine-wicket defeat against Karachi as they comfortably chased the target in the 14th over at Ayub Park Ground.

At Diamond Cricket Ground in Islamabad, Multan inflicted a nine-wicket defeat over Quetta on the back of an unbeaten half-century by Aleena Masood.

Rawalpindi v Lahore at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

In the match that was live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel, Lahore posted 147-8 in 20 overs after Rawalpindi invited them to bat first. Lahore had a horror start to the innings as they lost four wickets inside the powerplay.

Opening batter Sadaf Shams was run out for a duck by Humna Bilal while Bismah Maroof, Iram Javed and Ayesha Zafar all fell to Waheeda Akhtar cheaply.

Sidra Amin and Sidra Nawaz built a 65 runs fifth-wicket stand to bring momentum to the innings, until left-arm spinner Tania Saeed ran out the latter for 22 on 20, with one boundary.

Sidra went on to get her second half-century (50, 39b, 8x4s) of the tournament before skipper Aliya Riaz caught her on Tania’s bowling.

Noreen Yaqoob (18, 16b, 3x4s) was the next batter to walk back after wicket-keeper Farzana Farooq stumped her to award Tania her second wicket of the innings.

Captain Nida Dar produced a fiery 15-ball 26 on the back of two fours and as many sixes before the opposition’s captain Aliya dismissed her. Fatima Khan also contributed 16 from seven, including three boundaries, to help Lahore to a fighting total after the stuttering start to their innings.

Waheeda picked up a three-wicket haul, Tania grabbed two wickets while Aliya had one to her name.

Rawalpindi also lost four early wickets while chasing 148. Opening batters Aima Saleem and Farzana fell to Nida and Fatima respectively. Fajar Naved was dismissed on a duck by Noreen.

Left-arm spinner Nashra Sandhu disturbed Aliya Riaz’s (18, 10b, 3x6s) stumps to reduce Rawalpindi to 31-4 in seven overs.

A stunning 75-run fifth-wicket stand between Natalia Parvaiz and Waheeda allowed Rawalpindi to claw themselves back into the game. Nashra struck again to dismiss Waheeda for 13 on 22, including one four.

Natalia’s fine half-century (62, 45b, 8x4s, 3x6s) went in vain as Rawalpindi could only manage 127-8 in 20 overs. Nida, Nashra and Ghulam Fatima grabbed two wickets each. Noreen and Fatima returned with one scalp each as well.

Sidra Amin and Natalia were jointly awarded players of the match.

Peshawar v Karachi at Ayub Park Ground

Peshawar won the toss and opted to bat first. Momina Riasat scored 11 from 18, including a four, before she was removed by off-spinner Rameen Shamim in the fifth over.

Skipper Aleena Shah (9, 22b, 1x4) was caught by Fatima Sana off Syeda Aroob Shah’s bowling. Then, Nayab Ishaq was pinned leg-before for a three-ball duck in the same over.

Raahima Syed and Tehzeeb Shah added 59 runs from the fourth-wicket partnership, bringing a semblance of stability to their innings.

In the last over, Muneeba Ali ran out Raahima for a well-fought 27 off 35 with four boundaries. Fatima, Karachi’s captain, removed Tehzeeb (33, 40b, 4x4s) in the same over as Peshawar ended up with just 96-5 in 20 overs.

Aroob accounted for two wickets while Fatima and Rameen had one each.

In reply, Karachi cruised to the target in just 13.5 overs with nine wickets in hand. The opening stand between Yusra Amir and Javeria Khan yielded 85 runs, which secured the game for Karachi.

Sumbal Liaqat picked up the solitary wicket for Peshawar, when she trapped Yusra leg-before. Yusra had to walk back after a 37 off 36, including three fours and a six.

The next batter in, Esha Rahupoto, only contributed an unbeaten one run. Javeria managed an undefeated 49 from 44, with five fours, as she took Karachi to 98-1.

Javeria was awarded player of the match for her match-winning contribution with the bat.

Quetta v Multan at Diamond Cricket Ground

After being put to bat first, Quetta scored 104-9 in 20 overs. Multan bowling attack ran riot with the new ball as Quetta lost four early wickets. Left-arm pacer Tasmia Rubab landed the first blow to take out Fareeha Mehmood (5, 8b, 1x4).

Jannat Rashid (7, 6b, 1x4) was stumped off Noor-ul-Iman’s bowling and Gull-e-Uswa rattled Khadija Chishti’s (4, 5b) stumps on the last ball of the powerplay.

In the next over, Quetta’s key batter Tuba Hassan copped a golden duck courtesy of Noor as the side was reduced to 21-4 in 6.2 overs.

Saima Malik and opening batter Dua Majid batted together to add 31 runs on the board before the latter fell to Rehmat Noreen. Dua walked back for a 23 from 24, including three fours.

Saima contributed 23 from 25, with two fours, before she was run out by Wajeeha Muneer. Subhana Tariq added an unbeaten 20 off 19, including two fours.

Tasmia and Noor dismissed two batters each while Gull-e-Uswa, Rehmat and Gull Rukh got one wicket each.

In reply, Multan got to 105 with loss of just a wicket, winning the game comfortably by nine wickets. Opening batter Aleena Masood hit a magnificent unbeaten half-century (56, 49b, 9x4s) to steer her side to a win.

She was supported by her fellow opener Gull Feroza, who hit 41 off 51 balls, with the help of three fours. Tuba Hassan, who dismissed Gull Feroza, was the only wicket-taker for Quetta in the innings.

The third batter in, Gull Rukh, added an undefeated run-a-ball five, including one boundary, as Multan got over the line.

For her performance with the bat, Aleena was adjusted player of the match.

All six teams will feature in the seventh round of matches on 25 January. The first ball is expected to be bowled at 1100 PKT. The match between Quetta and Lahore, taking place at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, will be live-streamed at PCB’s YouTube channel.

Scores in brief

Lahore beat Rawalpindi by 20 runs

Lahore 147-8, 20 overs (Sidra Amin 50, Nida Dar 26, Sidra Nawaz 22; Waheeda Akhtar 3-24, Tania Saeed 2-28)

Rawalpindi 127-8, 20 overs (Natalia Parvaiz 62, Aliya Riaz 18, Waheeda Akhtar 13; Nida Dar 2-16, Ghulam Fatima 2-30, Nashra Sandhu 2-33)

Player of the match – Sidra Amin (Lahore) and Natalia Parvaiz (Rawalpindi)

Karachi beat Peshawar by nine wickets

Peshawar 96-5, 20 overs (Tehzeeb Shah 33, Raahima Syed 27; Syeda Aroob Shah 2-18)

Karachi 98-1, 13.5 overs (Javeria Khan 49 not out, Yusra Amir 37; Sumbal Liaqat 1-8)

Player of the match – Javeria Khan (Karachi)

Multan beat Quetta by nine wickets

Quetta 104-9, 20 overs (Dua Majid 23, Saima Malik 23, Subhana Tariq 20 not out; Tasmia Rubab 2-17, Noor-ul-Iman 2-22)

Multan 107-1, 17 overs (Aleena Masood 56 not out, Gull Feroza 41; Tuba Hassan 1-27)

Player of the match – Aleena Masood (Multan)

Mahnoor Aftab hopeful for positive results from T20 Tri-Series

The T20 tri-series involving hosts Bangladesh Women U19, Pakistan Women U19 and Sri Lanka U19 has commenced today in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.

The tri-series will see six games played in a double-round robin format, followed by a final between the top two teams. All matches will be played at Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium from 24 January to 2 February.

Pakistan will feature in their first match of the tournament against Sri Lanka tomorrow. The first ball of the match will be bowled at 12pm local time.

Mahnoor Aftab, who will lead Pakistan in the tri-series, is among the six players who were part of Pakistan Women’s U19 squad for ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup that took place in South Africa in 2023.

Anosha Nasir, Eyman Fatima, Laila Nasir, Rida Aslam and Zaib-un-Nisa are the other players who represented Pakistan at the U19 mega-event last year.

Pakistan Women U19 captain, Mahnoor Aftab said: “This is the first tri-series of its kind for us so it is a really exciting opportunity. It is a good sign for us as tournaments like these help us showcase our talent and make our way to the senior team.

“I believe if we give our 100 per cent [in the field], the results will hopefully come our way.

“The training camps really helped us prepare for the series. We have been training in Bangladesh as well so I am confident about our preparations. It helps that Cox’s Bazar is very similar to Karachi so we are already used to playing in such conditions.”

Pakistan Women U19 squad: Mahnoor Aftab (Captain), Laiba Nasir (Vice-Captain), Anosha Nasir, Areesha Ansari, Eyman Fatima, Haleema Dua Zafar, Komal Khan (Wicketkeeper), Maham Anees, Memoona Khalid, Mubeen Ahmed, Ravail Farhan, Rida Aslam, Samiya Afsar, Zaib un Nisa and Zoofishan Ayyaz

Non-traveling reserves - Aleesa Mukhtiar, Kainat Eiman, Muskan Abid and Tayyaba Imdad

Complete schedule:

24 January – Tri-series first T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

25 January – Tri-series second T20 match (Pakistan Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

27 January – Tri-series third T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Pakistan Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

28 January – Tri-series fourth T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

30 January – Tri-series fifth T20 match (Pakistan Women U19 v Sri Lanka Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

31 January – Tri-series sixth T20 match (Bangladesh Women U19 v Pakistan Women U19); Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

2 February – Tri-series final; Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium, Cox’s Bazar

Does the PCB really makes any profit from women cricket? Anyways, all the best to them.

Quetta Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Lahore Women at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Rawalpindi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Karachi Women at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Peshawar Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Multan Women at Diamond Cricket Ground, Islamabad​

Women’s U19 Tri-Nation T20 Cricket Tournament 2024

Pakistan Women U19 VS Sri Lanka Women U19

No Result (abandoned due to wet outfield)

IMG-20240125-WA0031.jpg

Lahore's Ayesha Zafar smashes match-winning century in eighth round of National Women's T20 Tournament

The eighth round of National Women’s T20 Tournament 2023-24 saw wins for Lahore, Karachi and Rawalpindi after all six teams participated in games played across three venues in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

At Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Lahore dominated over Multan with a 119-run victory, courtesy of a magnificent century produced from Ayesha Zafar’s bat and a three-wicket haul picked up by Ghulam Fatima.

At Ayub Park Ground, Maham Manzoor’s three-wicket haul helped Karachi defeat Quetta by six wickets.

At Diamond Cricket Ground in Islamabad, Rawalpindi won against Peshawar by five wickets after they chased the target in 11.2 overs.

Multan v Lahore at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

In the match that was live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel, Lahore put up a mammoth total of 200-2 in the first innings after being put to bat first by Multan.

Opening batters Ayesha Zafar and Sidra Amin put up a dominating 183-run stand as pressure mounted on the opposition.

Ayesha became the third centurion from Lahore in this tournament as she hit a 65-ball 113, showcasing 18 boundaries and two maximums, until she was stumped off Gul-e-Uswa’s bowling.

Iram Javed, who replaced Ayesha on the crease, could only score a run before Gull Rukh removed her. Kaynat Hafeez also chipped in with an unbeaten four-ball five.

Continuing her red-hot form with the bat, Sidra smashed an unbeaten 71 from 51, including eight fours.

Gull Rukh and Gull-e-Uswa were the only two wicket-takers for Multan.

In reply, Lahore captain Nida Dar ran out opening batter Aleena Masood for just three runs. Gull Rukh too was run out for 10 off 12, with two fours, by Bismah Maroof with Multan’s scorecard reading 43-2 in 6.1 overs.

The fourth batter in, Wajeeha Muneer (9, 20b), was stumped off Ghulam Fatima’s bowling on the first ball of the 12th over. The next batter in, Warda Yousaf, fell in the same manner on the last ball of the same over.

In the next over, Multan captain Gull Feroza (36, 29b, 5x4s) was run out by Noreen Yaqoob. On the very next ball, Saiqa Riaz (10, 7b, 2x4s) was pinned leg-before by Ghulam Fatima as Lahore cemented their dominance in the game.

Amber Kainat removed Gull-e-Uswa for two runs while Bismah dismissed Samina Aftab and Tasmia Rubab cheaply.

Noor-ul-Iman retired herself out for a duck as Multan ended the innings at 81 in 16.1 overs, losing the game by 119 runs.

Ghulam Fatima registered a three-wicket haul and Bismah picked up two wickets. Amber Kainat also dismissed a batter.

For her performance with the bat, Ayesha was awarded player of the match.

Quetta v Karachi at Ayub Park Ground

Karachi restricted Quetta to 88-7 in 20 overs after inviting them to bat first. Dua Majid (20, 28b, 3x4s) was the only major contributor from the top-order as Fareeha Mehmood, Khadija Chishti and Jannat Rasheed all departed cheaply.

Tuba Hassan, the fifth batter in, added 15 from 20 with three fours, before she was caught by Karachi skipper Fatima Sana off Syeda Aroob Shah’s bowling.

Quetta skipper Saima Malik chipped in an unbeaten 11 off 19 while Laiba Mansoor, the ninth batter on the crease, was the highest run-scorer of the innings. She ended the innings with an unbeaten 21 from 22, including three fours.

Left-arm spinner Maham Manzoor was the most successful bowler for Karachi, returning with three wickets. Aroob had two wickets in the innings, while Rameen Shamim and Aimen Anwar removed a batter each.

Fatima Sana (7, 6b), Huraina Sajjad (13, 11b, 1x4) and Najiha Alvi (7 not out, 4b) also chipped in with some runs.

Anam Amin removed Karachi’s opening batter Muneeba Ali for just six runs. Her fellow opener, Javeria Khan, added 25 from 24, with three boundaries, before she was caught by Khadija off Tuba’s bowling.

Omaima Sohail, batting at number three, added an undefeated 23 on 24, with three fours to help her side over the line.

Tuba accounted for two wickets while Anam and Laiba had a wicket each.

For her magnificent spell which accounted for three wickets for just 13 runs, Maham Manzoor was awarded player of the match.

Peshawar v Rawalpindi at Diamond Cricket Ground

Rawalpindi won the toss and elected to bowl first. Peshawar posted 99-6 in 20 overs, with the skipper Aleena Shah (28 not out, 35b, 2x4s) finishing as the top-scorer of the innings.

Earlier, opening batter Tehzeeb Shah was dismissed by right-arm pacer Humna Bilal for just four runs. Her fellow opener Raahima Syed too departed for 13 off 26, including two boundaries, after getting run out in ninth over, bringing the 31-run second-wicket stand to an end.

Momina Riasat added 12 off 16 with two fours before falling to Aliya Riaz and Nayab Ishaq contributed 15 from 22, with a four, before she was run out by Fatima Shah.

In an innings that saw four run-outs, Aliya and Humna were the only two wicket-takers for Rawalpindi, picking up a wicket each.

Rawalpindi chased the target in the 12th over, losing five wickets in the process. Wicketkeeper-batter Farzana Farooq was the highest scorer of the innings, adding 35 from 22, five fours and a six, until she fell to Aleena.

Aima Saleem (19, 10b, 4x4s), Arijah Haseeb (23 not out, 15b, 3x4s, 1x6) and Fajar Naved (12 not out, 9b, 2x4s) added some crucial runs to help Rawalpindi over the line.

Momina and Tehzeeb returned with two scalps each while Aleena had one to her name.

Farzana was adjudged player of the match for her performance with the bat.

Scores in brief

Lahore beat Multan by 119 runs.

Lahore 200-2, 20 overs (Ayesha Zafar 113, Sidra Amin 71 not out; Gull Rukh 1-35, Gull-e-Uswa 1-49)

Multan 81 all out, 16.1 overs (Gull Feroza 36, Gull Rukh 10, Siaqa Riaz 10; Ghulam Fatima 3-17, Bismah Maroof 2-4)

Player of the match – Ayesha Zafar (Lahore)

Karachi beat Quetta by six wickets.

Quetta 88-7, 20 overs (Laiba Mansoor 21 not out, Dua Majid 20, Tuba Hassan 15; Maham Manzoor 3-13, Syeda Aroob Shah 2-8)

Karachi 89-4, 13 overs (Javeria Khan 25, Omaima Sohail 23 not out; Tuba Hassan 2-24)

Player of the match – Maham Manzoor (Karachi)

Rawalpindi beat Peshawar by five wickets

Peshawar 99-6, 20 overs (Aleena Shah 28 not out, Nayab Ishaq 15, Raahima Syed 13; Humna Bilal 1-10, Aliya Riaz 1-10)

Rawalpindi 104-5, 11.2 overs (Farzana Farooq 35, Arijah Haseeb 23 not out, Aima Saleem 19; Tehzeeb Shah 2-33, Momina Riasat 2-34)

Player of the match – Farzana Farooq (Rawalpindi)

Indeed an unpleasant incident

An unpleasant incident occurred during the National Women’s Cricket Championship where two players, Sadaf Shams and Yusra, combined together to inflict physical harm on their teammate, Ayesha Bilal.

As per the details, Ayesha’s nose was bleeding after getting involved in the altercation with Sadaf and Yusra.

While she remained silent for almost two days, Ayesha then lodged a complaint about the two after which the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) put a temporary ban on all three players to prevent them from participating in any cricketing activity until further notice.

The Chairperson of Women’s Cricket, Tania Malik, will soon arrive in Rawalpindi to conduct an investigation to get to the bottom of the matter.

U19 Women T20 tri-series in Bangladesh:

Bangladesh Women U19 has won the toss and is batting first against Pakistan Women U19.​

Bangladesh Women U19 beat Pakistan Women U19 by 36 runs

Bangladesh Women U19 beat Pakistan Women U19 by 36 runs in the third match of the Women’s U19 Tri-Nation T20 Series, at the Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium on Saturday.

This was Pakistan’s first defeat in the tournament as their first match in the tournament against Sri Lanka on 25 January was abandoned without a ball being bowled due to rain.

Bangladesh Women U19 won the toss and opted to bat first. Anosha Nasir landed an early blow as she caught and bowled Eva Khatun for just six runs.

Wicketkeeper-batter Sumaiya Suborna (24, 33b, 2x4s) and Arbin Tani stitched a 42-run partnership for the second wicket, until Pakistan captain Mahnoor Aftab struck to dismiss the former.

Tani (31, 30b, 3x4s) fell to Maham Anees shortly after. Captain Sumaiya Akhtar’s bat produced a quick-fire 32 from 24, including four boundaries. Anosha removed Akhtar in the last over as the side ended with 136-4 in 20 overs.

Rabeya Khan also contributed an unbeaten run-a-ball 23, with three fours.

Anosha picked up two wickets while Maham and Mahnoor had one each.

In reply, Pakistan Women U19 could only manage to score 100 for the loss of seven wickets in 20 overs. Eyman Fatima hit 39 from 43, including a notable tally of five boundaries and a maximum, until she was removed by Rabeya.

Samiya Afsar scored 25 from 30, on the back of three fours and Komal Khan added 14 on 12, including two fours.

Vice-captain Laiba Nasir contributed an unbeaten 10 off 12, including one four.

Afia Asima Era returned with two wickets, while Faria Akhtar and Khan dismissed a batter each.

The Mahnoor Aftab-led side will now face Sri Lanka Women U19 in their next match, to be played on 30 January 2024.

Scores in brief:

Bangladesh Women U19 beat Pakistan Women U19 by 36 runs

Bangladesh Women U19 136-4, 20 overs (Sumaiya Akhter 32, Arbin Tani 31; Anosha Nasir 2-22)

Pakistan Women U19 100-7, 20 overs (Eyman Fatima 39, Samiya Afsar 25; Afia Asima 2-12)

Player of the match – Rabeya Khan (Bangladesh Women U19)

Indeed an unpleasant incident

An unpleasant incident occurred during the National Women’s Cricket Championship where two players, Sadaf Shams and Yusra, combined together to inflict physical harm on their teammate, Ayesha Bilal.

As per the details, Ayesha’s nose was bleeding after getting involved in the altercation with Sadaf and Yusra.

While she remained silent for almost two days, Ayesha then lodged a complaint about the two after which the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) put a temporary ban on all three players to prevent them from participating in any cricketing activity until further notice.

The Chairperson of Women’s Cricket, Tania Malik, will soon arrive in Rawalpindi to conduct an investigation to get to the bottom of the matter.

Bit more on this:

According to sources, Women's Wing Chairperson Tania Malik took notice of the matter, and a reconciliation was also reached. Yesterday, a video released on social media by PCB showed national team captain Nida Dar sitting with Sadaf Shams, Yusra Amir, and Ayesha Bilal, talking together.

The three players continued to praise the performance of players who performed well in the tournament in the presence of their senior. They especially appreciated the performance of century-maker Ayesha Zafar.

On the other hand, sources have revealed that details of the dispute have been obtained, and a decision will be made in the light of statements of the team manager and fellow cricketers so that such incidents can be prevented in the future.

Aliya Riaz hits fourth century of National Women's T20 Tournament 2023-24

Rawalpindi, Lahore and Quetta saw wins in the ninth round of the National Women’s T20 Tournament 2023-24 after all six teams participated in games played across three venues in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

At Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, captain Aliya Riaz’s unbeaten ton took Rawalpindi to 182-4 in the first innings. In return, Multan could only manage 155-5, losing the game by 27 runs.

At Ayub Park Ground, Karachi fell three short of the target after they had restricted Lahore to 127-7 earlier in the game.

At Diamond Cricket Ground in Islamabad, Peshawar lost the game by 83 runs after Quetta posted 155-4 on the back of half-centuries by Tuba Hassan and Fareeha Mehmood.

Multan v Rawalpindi at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

In the match that was live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel, Multan won the toss and opted to bowl first. Rawalpindi’s Wicketkeeper-batter Farzana Farooq fell to Noor-ul-Iman for just five runs in the fourth over.

Shortly after, Aima Saleem was run out for a run-a-ball 18, including four boundaries, to bring Rawalpindi to 41-2 in 5.3 overs.

Rawalpindi captain Aliya Riaz and Fajar Naved stitched up a 133-run third-wicket partnership to turn the innings around for their side.

Tasmia Rubab cut short the partnership as she ran out Fajar as she departed for 34 off 32 balls, with three fours, in the penultimate over. Natalia Parvaiz, the next batter in, was stumped for just a run in the last over of the innings.

Aliya played a captain’s knock, smashing an unbeaten century to take Rawalpindi to 182-4 in 20 overs. She ended the innings undefeated at 118 from 61, showcasing 17 boundaries and four maximums.

Gull Rukh and Noor were the only two wicket-takers for Multan with a scalp apiece.

In reply, Aleena Masood fell for a golden duck courtesy of Waheeda Akhtar in the first over of the innings.

Fresh off her heroics with the bat, Aliya struck on her first ball to remove Gull Rukh for just four runs.

Multan captain Gull Feroza and Saiqa Riaz batted together to add 71 runs to the total, countering the earlier setbacks.

Gull Feroza’s bat produced a fighting knock of 78 from 57, including 11 fours and a six, to keep hope alive for her team until she eventually fell to Aima in the 16th over. Saiqa hit an unbeaten 49 from 43, including seven fours.

Aima, Waheeda, Aliya and Humna Bilal all returned with one wicket each.

For her effortless performance with the bat, Aliya was awarded player of the match.

Lahore v Karachi at Ayub Park Ground

After choosing to bowl first, Karachi skipper Fatima Sana struck early to remove the tournament’s leading run-scorer Sidra Amin for a three-ball duck in the first over.

Off-spinner Rameen Shamim sent Sadaf Shamas (10, 11b) walking back in the fifth over to reduce Lahore to 29-2 inside the powerplay.

Bismah Maroof and Sidra Nawaz batted together to add 49 runs for the third-wicket stand until Syeda Aroob Shah struck to remove the latter for 19 from 27.

Lahore captain Nida Dar was trapped leg-before by Omaima Sohail for a golden duck. In her subsequent over, Omaima dismissed Bismah for 47 from 45, including five fours.

Iram Javed (18, 20b, 2x4s) and Ayesha Zafar (22, 12b, 4x4s) were the other contributors with the bat as Lahore ended with 127-7 in 20 overs.

Fatima and Omaima picked up two wickets each, while Rameen and Aroob returned with one each.

Muneeba Ali and Javeria Khan put up a 41-run opening stand until left-arm spinner Nashra Sundhu struck to remove the latter for 18 on 14, with three fours.

On the next ball, Omaima was caught behind on Nashra’s bowling, returning for a golden duck.

Yusra Amir joined Muneeba on the crease to construct a 47-run third-wicket stand. Ghulam Fatima provided the breakthrough, as she dismissed Muneeba (37, 35b, 6x4s) in the 13th over.

In the next over, Karachi’s skipper Fatima also copped a golden duck, courtesy of Bismah. Nida removed Yusra (35, 41b, 2x4s) to bring the side to 103-5 in 16.4 overs.

Nashra struck in two consecutive balls to send Rameen and Aiman Anwar walking back for golden ducks as well.

Najiha Alvi (9, 6b, 1x4), Aroob (8, 11b) and Huraina Sajjad (8 not out, 7b) chipped in with a few runs but failed to convert their starts. .

Karachi lost the game by a mere three runs, as they could only manage 124-9 in 20 overs. Nashra picked up a four-fer, Bismah had two wickets to her name while Ghulam Fatima and Nida removed a batter each.

Bismah was awarded player of the match for her gritty knock followed by two wickets.

Peshawar v Quetta at Diamond Cricket Ground

Peshawar won the toss and invited Quetta to bat first. Dua Majid and Fareeha Mehmood put up an opening partnership of 48 runs before the former was run out by Fatima Zeb in the last over of the powerplay. Dua walked back after 11 off 12, with two boundaries.

Tuba Hassan joined Fareeha on the crease to build a solid second-wicket partnership, yielding 64 runs. Fareeha completed her half-century (56, 50b, 8x4s) before falling to Momina Riasat.

Tuba’s bat produced 52 from 33, with seven fours and a six, hitting her second half-century of the tournament before she was caught by Sumbal Liaqat off Salwa Raheem.

Jannat Rasheed (20 not out, 21b, 2x4s) also chipped in with some crucial runs.

Salwa and Momina picked up one wicket each.

Quetta captain Saima Malik ran out Momina (10, 10b, 2x4s) on the fifth ball of the third over to give Peshawar the first jolt in the innings. On the very next ball, Anam Amin rattled Raahima Syed’s stumps as she returned for a golden duck.

Peshawar captain Aleena Shah (11, 12b, 2x4s) was stumped off Ayesha Asim’s bowling in the seventh over. In the subsequent over, Saima dismissed Shabnam Hayat for a solitary run.

Tehzeeb Shah (29, 22b, 5x4s) was the next batter to fall, after getting stumped off Ayesha’s bowling as well to bring Peshawar down to 55-5 in 8.4 overs.

Tuba pinned Sehar Gul leg-before for just four runs as trouble deepened for Peshawar. Fatima (9, 5b, 2x4s) was caught by Khizra Rani to award Ayesha her third wicket of the innings.

Salwa (o, 3b) and Seema Gull (6, 5b, 1x4) both fell to Tuba in the same over with Peshawar reeling at 72-9 in 12 overs. Sumbal, the last batter for Quetta, could not come out to bat owing to an injury, awarding Quetta the game by 83 runs.

Tuba and Ayesha accounted for three wickets each while Anam and Saima picked up one each.

For her brilliance with the bat and ball alike, Tuba was adjudged player of the match.

Scores in brief

Rawalpindi beat Multan by 27 runs.

Rawalpindi 182-4, 20 overs (Aliya Riaz 118 not out, Fajar Naved 34; Noor-ul-Iman 1-30, Gull Rukh 1-39)

Multan 155-5, 20 overs (Gull Feroza 78, Saiqa Riaz 49 not out; Waheeda Akhtar 1-23, Aima Saleem 1-28, Humna Bilal 1-30, Aliya Riaz 1-47)

Lahore beat Karachi by three runs

Lahore 127-7, 2o overs (Bismah Maroof 47, Ayesha Zafar 21, Sidra Nawaz 19, Iram Javed 18; Fatima Sana 2-19, Omaima Sohail 2-35)

Karachi 124-9, 2o overs (Muneeba Ali 37, Yusra Amir 35, Javeria Khan 18; Nashra Sundhu 4-19, Bismah Maroof 2-23)

Player of the match – Bismah Maroof (Lahore)

Quetta beat Peshawar by 83 runs

Quetta 155-4, 20 overs (Fareeha Mehmood 56, Tuba Hassan 52, Jannat Rasheed 20 not out; Salwa Raheem 1-23, Momina Riasat 1-36)

Peshawar 72, 12 overs (Tehzeeb Shah 29, Aleena Shah 11, Momina Riasat 10; Ayesha Asim 3-10, Tuba Hassan 3-13)

Player of the match – Tuba Hassan (Quetta)

PCB

Aliya Riaz smacked 118* off 61 balls which is a T20 record for a Pakistani batter. What a run machine she has been.

2p7drN9.png

U19 Women T20 tri-series in Bangladesh:

Sri Lanka Women U19 has won the toss and is batting first against Pakistan Women U19.

Rawalpindi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Quetta Women at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Karachi Women win the toss and decide to field first against Multan Women at Ayub Park Ground, Rawalpindi

Peshawar Women win the toss and elect to bat first against Lahore Women at Diamond Cricket Ground, Islamabad

Lahore and Karachi have qualified for the final of the National Women’s T20 Tournament 2023-24, after securing the top two spots on the points table following ten rounds of matches. Rawalpindi missed out on the qualification based on net run rate (NRR) as they fell short of Lahore’s NRR despite having the same number of wins. The final is scheduled to be played on 31 January at Pindi Cricket Stadium and will be live-streamed at PCB’s YouTube channel. The first ball is expected to be bowled at 1100 PKT, with the toss expected to take place at 1030 PKT.

The last round of National Women’s T20 Tournament 2023-24 saw Lahore, Rawalpindi and Karachi emerge on top after all six teams participated in games played across three venues in Islamabad and Rawalpindi.

At Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi captain Aliya Riaz hit an unbeaten half-century to lead her team to victory against Quetta, fresh off a match-winning century the previous day.

In a rain-impacted game at Ayub Park Ground, Karachi scored 100-5 in 15 overs in reply to Multan’s 114-5 in 20 overs, winning the game by 20 runs as per the DLS calculations.

At Diamond Cricket Ground in Islamabad, Lahore’s Nashra Sundhu registered the first five-wicket haul of the tournament as she helped Lahore to a dominating 10-wicket win over Peshawar.

Quetta v Rawalpindi at Shoaib Akhtar Cricket Stadium

In the match that was live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel, Rawalpindi won the toss and invited Quetta to bat first. Rawalpindi found success early on as captain Aliya Riaz dismissed Khadija Chishti (17, 19b, 3x4s) in the last over of the powerplay.

Fareeha Mehmood was caught off Tania Saeed’s bowling for a four-ball duck as Quetta were reduced to 33-2 in seven overs.

Then, Dua Majid (24, 28b, 3x4s) was run out by Humna Bilal. Jannat Rasheed scored 15 from 22, including a four, before she too was run out by Humna.

Aima Saleem dismissed Laiba Mansoor (4, 11b) and Anam Amin (2, 9b) cheaply. Tania pinned Khizra Rani leg-before for a seven-ball duck while Faiza Zaman added five more to the total before she fell to Aima, who had her third of the innings.

Quetta finished with 84-8 in 20 overs; Aima ended with three wickets while Tania had two to her name. Aliya dismissed one batter.

Aima (8, 3b, 2x4s) was caught and bowled by Anam on the third ball of the innings. Despite the early wicket, Rawalpindi went all guns blazing, as they chased the target inside the powerplay, winning the game by nine wickets.

Aliya produced a fiery knock that yielded an undefeated 58 from just 18 deliveries, showcasing an impressive tally of 10 fours and two sixes.

Natalia Parvaiz supported her captain with an unbeaten 18 off 12, with two fours and a six as Rawalpindi got to 86 in just 5.3 overs.

For her quick-fire knock and a wicket, Aliya was awarded player of the match for the second consecutive game.

Lahore cruised to the target effortlessly in just eight overs, winning the game by 10 wickets. Sidra Amin, continuing her impeccable form with the bat, added an undefeated 41 from 33 including eight boundaries.

Fatima Shahid contributed an unbeaten eight from 16, with one four.

For her outstanding spell that yielded five wickets for two runs, Nashra was adjudged player of the match.

Lahore finished top of the table, remaining undefeated in all ten rounds of matches played.

Scores in brief

Rawalpindi beat Quetta by nine wickets

Quetta 84-8, 2o overs (Dua Majid 24, Khadija Chishti 17, Jannat Rasheed 15; Aima Saleem 3-15, Tania Saeed 2-18)

Rawalpindi 86-1, 5.3 overs (Aliya Riaz 58 not out, Natalia Parvaiz 18 not out; Anam Amin 1-19)

Karachi beat Multan by 20 runs (DLS)

Multan 114-5, 20 overs (Gull Feroza 67, Saiqa Riaz 26, Gull Rukh 14 not out; Rameen Shamim 1-10, Fatima Sana 1-24, Aiman Anwar 1-24)

Karachi 100-3, 15 overs (Javeria Khan 40, Omaima Sohail 24, Yusra Amir 20 not out; Ayesha Bilal 1-18, Rehmat Noreen 1-19)

Player of the match – Gull Feroza (Multan)

Lahore beat Peshawar by 10 wickets

Peshawar 50 all out, 16.4 overs (Raahima Syed 17, Momina Riasat 16; Nashra Sundhu 5-2, Ghulam Fatima 3-17, Zunish Abdul Sattar 2-13)

Lahore 51-0, 8 overs (Sidra Amin 41 not out, Fatima Shahid 8 not out)

Player of the match – Nashra Sundhu (Lahore)

Nida Dar’s Lahore all set to take on Fatima Sana’s Karachi in the final

•National Women’s T20 Tournament final to take place at Pindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi tomorrow

•Winning team to earn PKR one million and the finalists will get PKR 0.5 million

•Player of the tournament to be awarded PKR50,000.

•Final will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel

•PCB to provide match report along with action images

Rawalpindi, 30 January 2024:

The stage is set for an electrifying showdown at the Pindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi as Nida Dar-led Lahore Women are geared up to take on Fatima Sana’s Karachi Women in the highly anticipated final of the National Women's T20 Tournament 2023-24.

Tomorrow’s final will be live-streamed on PCB’s YouTube channel, with the first ball to be bowled at 11am PKT. The winner of tomorrow’s game will not only take the trophy home, but will also receive PKR one million. The runners-up will get 0.5 million.

The player of the tournament will be awarded PKR50,000 and player of the match will receive PKR20,000. The tournament’s top performers – best batter, best bowler and best wicket-keeper – will get PKR 25,000, each.

Players to watch out for in the final

Lahore Women:

Lahore have remained unbeaten in the tournament, winning all 10 matches in the six-team tournament. Opening batter Sidra Amin, also the highest run-getter in the ICC Women’s Championship 2022-25, is leading the batting charts with 494 runs from 10 outings, with one century and three half-centuries. She has scored runs at the strike-rate of 143.60.

In the bowling unit, Lahore’s spin twins of Ghulam Fatima and Nashra Sundhu, occupy the top two spots. Leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima has 21 wickets to her name from 10 matches at an economy rate of 4.44. Left-arm spinner, Nashra, currently ranked number sixth in the ICC Women’s T20I bowling rankings, has 19 scalps to her name, with one five-fer and a four-fer in the tournament.

Lahore captain Nida Dar: “The players have performed really well, and each player has taken responsibility. We are looking forward to winning tomorrow’s game as well.

“Karachi team has done well. They have a good combination of senior and junior players. I hope we see a good game of cricket tomorrow.”

Karachi Women:

Karachi have won six matches from 10 outings in the tournament. Former national captain and opening batter Javeria Khan, has hit two half-centuries for her side, scoring 352 runs from 10 matches. She holds an average of 44 and strike-rate of 110.34.

In the bowling department, spinners have done wonders for the Karachi similar to Lahore’s spin bowling prowess. 20-year-old leg-spinner Syeda Aroob Shah has taken 14 wickets from 10 matches at an economy rate of 5.09. She has the support of another spinner, off-spin bowler Rameen Shamim, who has bagged 13 wickets from 10 matches at an economy rate of 4.77.

Karachi captain Fatima Sana: “We didn’t have a good beginning in the tournament, but how the players fought back in the latter half was commendable.

“The youngsters have played a great role in helping the team qualify for the final. Whenever the senior players were not performing, the young players took responsibility for themselves and helped the side do well.

“We know we didn’t win against Lahore earlier in the tournament, but we will try to keep momentum on our side and will strive to perform well in tomorrow’s big game.”

U19 Women T20 tri-series in Bangladesh

Bangladesh U19 have won the toss and are bowling first against Pakistan Women U19.

Final - National Women T20 Tournament 2023-24:

Toss has been delayed between Lahore Women and Karachi Women due to rain at Pindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

The National Women's T20 Tournament 2023-24 final has been called off due to rain.

Both sides, Karachi and Lahore are declared joint winners.

PCB

Lahore and Karachi become joint champions of National Women's T20 Tournament 2023-24

Lahore and Karachi were declared joint champions of the National Women’s T20 Tournament 2023-24 after rain forced the final match to be abandoned without a ball bowled. The allotted prize money of PKR 1.5 million was divided between the two teams.

Lahore ended the league stage reigning supreme in the points table enjoying a 10-game winning streak. Karachi had secured their place in the final after edging over Rawalpindi with a superior NRR.

Rawalpindi captain Aliya Riaz and Multan captain Gull Feroza were jointly declared players of the tournament. Both players earned five player of the match awards – the most in the tournament.

Aliya was the third highest run-getter of the tournament, finishing with 370 runs in 10 games, including three half-centuries and an unbeaten century. She also picked up 10 wickets in the tournament. Gull, the second highest run-scorer, produced 479 runs on the back of five half-centuries, and had five dismissals behind the stumps.

Lahore’s Sidra Amin was awarded the best batter of the tournament for amassing 494 runs in 10 matches, including three half-centuries and a century. Lahore leg-spinner Ghulam Fatima was the most successful bowler of the tournament with an impressive tally of 21 wickets in 10 games at an average of 8.24 and economy rate of just 4.44.

Sidra Nawaz, also representing Lahore, was adjudged the best wicketkeeper of the tournament had 15 dismissals behind the stumps, including six catches and nine stumpings.

Scores in brief:

Lahore v Karachi

Match abandoned without a ball bowled

Players of the tournament – Aliya Riaz (370 runs & 10 wickets) (Rawalpindi) and Gull Feroza (479 runs & five dismissals) (Multan)

Best batter – Sidra Amin (494 runs) (Lahore)

Best bowler – Ghulam Fatima (21 wickets) (Lahore)

Best wicket-keeper – Sidra Nawaz (15 dismissals) (Lahore)

PCB

Pakistan's veteran batter, Javed Miandad, was spotted with the Pakistan women's cricket team. Is he taking on a coaching role with Pakistan's women's cricket team?

9KT2YLt.jpg

D49wtzK.jpg

Back