WAPDA v PIA | Advance Telecom Ramadan T20 Cup | 9/7/13 | Karachi

Status
Not open for further replies.
good to short ball from Cheema

WAPDA 135/5 after 17

just 18 balls for WAPDA now!

That's very ordinary, and bit a unlucky, Sohaib must have completed his century!

getting out in such a manner after scoring 86, stumped by Sarfaraz off Adeel Malik

A big round of applause for Sohaib Maqsood

he played well throughout the innings.

:out brilliant knock but that was a disappointing stumping///.... never the less great knock.

seriously though... where did all his hair go........

This is what happens when you are near to touch the 35 mark as a fast bowler and the hopes of getting back in the teams are almost over...

Sohaib Maqsood is Stoke Player
we need Stoke player in middle order

kuch nahi hota... there will be many other chances InshAllah and hopefully they will be in international matches. :p

But in international matches the fielding will be different...

But in international matches the fielding will be different...

then you show you are men amongst the boys. fielding will be alot different and although he didnt give any chance of out before this one, catches wont be dropped either... how you adapt when the difficulty level goes up is the difference.

SO MY CAREER AS INTENRATIONAL CRICKETER IS OVER...

HAHA after the induction of juanid and irfan and soo many worthy young candidates for the third seamer job.

well he will always be remembered for his asia cup bowling.

Is it a PIA v Wapda match? or i am watching a Pakistan match where you see a good start with a collapse waiting for you...?

or i am watching a Pakistan match where you see a good start with a collapse waiting for you...?

I feel like i am watching our CT matches.. one player scores a brillaint knock while the rest barely get going.

then you show you are men amongst the boys. fielding will be alot different and although he didnt give any chance of out before this one, catches wont be dropped either... how you adapt when the difficulty level goes up is the difference.

We can only hope for the good but atleast he will be a better batsman thn Malik, Farhat, Hafeez and Kamran...

Sohaib Maqsood Highest run scorer in Ramadan Cup
deserve spot for Pakistan team
Hopefully Sohail Tanvir get Injured and Maqsood replaced him for 2 T-20 matche.s in West indies :)

Kaleem plays a paddle sweep and it gone for four!

Cheema's good over ended with a four

WAPDA 146

6 balls to go

155 should they score.

HAHA after the induction of juanid and irfan and soo many worthy young candidates for the third seamer job.

well he will always be remembered for his asia cup bowling.

But some people will really want to remove those memories from their brain...(Mushi,Shakib,Ashraful and maybe Sheikh Haseena)

We can only hope for the good but atleast he will be a better batsman thn Malik, Farhat, Hafeez and Kamran...

yep hope......anybody can do better then these guys :yk ....

I feel like i am watching our CT matches.. one player scores a brillaint knock while the rest barely get going.

It means the problem starts from the root (domestic)...And we are trying to treat cancer with disprin...

another short one, but manages to get a single, umpire signaled for a leg bye

Sohaib Maqsood Highest run scorer in Ramadan Cup
deserve spot for Pakistan team
Hopefully Sohail Tanvir get Injured and Maqsood replaced him for 2 T-20 matche.s in West indies :)

And what about the statement of PCB that he is injured how they will defend it thn?

another single, it's 149

three balls to go...they atleast need one boundary!

But some people will really want to remove those memories from their brain...(Mushi,Shakib,Ashraful and maybe Sheikh Haseena)

we may end up forgetting it but they wont.. it was the only time they made it into the final of a tournament and they were soo close. you are also forgetting shahadat. :p

and another short one, batsman mismanages to play that one and in frustration tries to make a run but Anwar Ali making an easy run out

we may end up forgetting it but they wont.. it was the only time they made it into the final of a tournament and they were soo close. you are also forgetting shahadat. :p

oh yea how i forgot him the hero of asia cup...

good tight yorker by Anwar Ali, conceeding just 1 run in final ball.

so 152 is the target for PIA

And what about the statement of PCB that he is injured how they will defend it thn?

they will say. " the coach recommended him some miracle cure by a pir and he took it thus he is cured".

It means the problem starts from the root (domestic)...And we are trying to treat cancer with disprin...

yep our domestic set up needs massive attention. Misfields in international matches are also rooted form here. if you dont set up standards at the start then how can our management expect them to have high standards in international matches. they play their natural game which is misfield,dropped catches and rash shots.

The form Agha Sabir, Shoaib Malik and Shehryar Ghani are carrying, PIA holds upper hand in the contest.

anwar bowled well 2/22 ..

only two player made double scores and only one player crossed 20 run mark.

22 runs and 2 wickets in 4 overs by Anwar Ali he looked better today otherwise in last domestic season i thought he lost it...But still i can't find the old Anwar Ali in him...

Innings Break

WAPDA 151/8

Sohaib Maqsood 86 Iftikhar Ahmad 19

Anwar Ali 2/22 Adeel Malik 2/29

IQBAL QASIM Why u picked Kukri ahead of Sohaib why why why

bcz he had an achillies injury while the guy that cant bend to save his life or catch a sitter at gun point is fitter.

But still i can't find the old Anwar Ali in him...

that one that swung the ball from wide to leg stump? yeah he is not coming back... even what he was today was just a mere shadow of that self he used to be. Its like watching two different peopel. that match and that swing was crazy.

they will say. " the coach recommended him some miracle cure by a pir and he took it thus he is cured".

Can i have the number of that pir sahab? And what are the charges? Appointment leni peregi kya?

yep our domestic set up needs massive attention. Misfields in international matches are also rooted form here. if you dont set up standards at the start then how can our management expect them to have high standards in international matches. they play their natural game which is misfield,dropped catches and rash shots.

It should start from the school cricket otherwise you can't teach a 25 guy how to field...

that one that swung the ball from wide to leg stump? yeah he is not coming back... even what he was today was just a mere shadow of that self he used to be. Its like watching two different peopel. that match and that swing was crazy.

Yea miss those deliveries...

some domestic coach changed his action- and now his career has been destroyed :facepalm:
if you have noticed the action is quite changed since 2006 final.

bcz he had an achillies injury while the guy that cant bend to save his life or catch a sitter at gun point is fitter.

Ahmad shahzad
Nasir Jamshed
Hafeez bat/Bowl
U.Akmal WK/Bat
Sohaib Maqsood
H.Sohail
Hammad azam BAT/Bowl
Shahid AFIRDI
Umar Gul
Saeed ajmal
Mohd Irfan

This should be Pakistan T-20 team
Wounderful Team Bating till no-8 and 6 Bowlers to

some domestic coach changed his action- and now his career has been destroyed :facepalm:

This change is costing cricket too much...

some domestic coach changed his action- and now his career has been destroyed

Donot fix which is not broken.

Can i have the number of that pir sahab? And what are the charges? Appointment leni peregi kya?

I am looking for him too. Hopefully PCB will announce the number too.

It should start from the school cricket otherwise you can't teach a 25 guy how to field...

Yep and just now another catch dropped and it was easy too.. coming st his chest.

PIA 7/0 after 0.5 overs

Heavy Showers in Karachi interrupts the match.

PIA 7/0 after 0.5 overs

Heavy Showers in Karachi interrupts the match.

Good News otherwise Mailk was up for his 3rd fifty in last 4 matches u know he want to bat at #4 after getting back in the team so rain is better thn his fifty...

Good News....covers are getting off, but still umpires discussing the progression of the match.

Heavy showers are on again...and this time it's raining heavily!

Umpires are leaving the field...

Update: 12:57 am: And even more.. Rain is certainly getting heavier now. Looks like the match will be called off. In this case, both teams will share each point. Which means that PIA will lead the table with 5 points.

It's still raining heavy and the official time to call off the game is 1:30 am.

PEPSI presents Advance Telecom Ramadan T20 Cup 2013

Day Four

Match One

WAPDA v PIA

Played at National Stadium, Karachi
July 9, 2013

***WAPDA 151-8 in 20 overs (Iftikhar Ahmed 19, Sohaib Maqsood 86, 60 balls, 10 x4s, 3 x6s, Riffatullah15, 13 balls, 2 x4s, Mohammad Ayub 8, Anwar Ali 2-22, Adeel Malik 2-29)

***PIA 8-0 in 1.2 overs

Result: Match abandoned due to rain
Toss: PIA

Umpires: Ghaffar Kazmi & Nadeem Iqbal

Referee: Aziz-ur-Rehman

Man of the Match: nil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back