Warm Up Match : Sri Lanka A v Pakistan | Kurunegala | 27/07/2009

Deewana Mastana

Test Star
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Runs
36,249
04:30 GMT

Hope we rest some seniors and promote Fawad, Nazir, Jamshed, Umar Akmal, Aamer etc; as this should provide a good chance for them to show what they can do! InshahAllah :)
 
Sri Lanka A squad
CM Bandara, CRD Fernando, SHT Kandamby*, CK Kapugedera, MF Maharoof, NLTC Perera, S Prasanna, M Pushpakumara, JK Silva†, TAM Siriwardana, WU Tharanga, ML Udawatte, UWMBCA Welegedara

Pakistanis squad
Abdul Razzaq, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal†, Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Yousuf, Nasir Jamshed, Naved-ul-Hasan, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Umar Gul, Younis Khan*
 
Shoaib Malik will set the (very very positive) tone for the series...
 
I would go with..

Jamshed
Akmal
Younis Khan
Yousuf
Malik
Fawad Alam
Razzaq
Afridi
Gul
Aamer
Ajmal.

Theory behind this..

*right/left, experienced/youngster opening combination
*'solid' middle order
* big hitting lower order depending on situation batting line-up can change
* go with T20 5 man bowling attack with the option of Malik, Younis Khan or even Fawad Alam
 
Last edited:
Nasir, Nazir, Umar, and Fawad should play leading roles.

As in, 1,2,3,4 in that order. Then Younus and whoever else is playing can bat.
 
dblock said:
I would go with..

Jamshed
Akmal
Younis Khan
Yousuf
Malik
Fawad Alam
Razzaq
Afridi
Gul
Aamer
Ajmal.

Theory behind this..

*right/left, experienced/youngster opening combination
*'solid' middle order
* big hitting lower order depending on situation batting line-up can change
* go with T20 5 man bowling attack with the option of Malik, Younis Khan or even Fawad Alam

i'd love for that to be our starting line up in the 1st odi
 
dblock said:
I would go with..

Jamshed
Akmal
Younis Khan
Yousuf
Malik
Fawad Alam
Razzaq
Afridi
Gul
Aamer
Ajmal.

A balanced side. 8 batsmen and 7/8 bowlers. Should be able to match a good Sri Lankan side.
 
sri lanka A won and batting, damn, i wanted to post 300 than chase 180
 
Is Nazir out yet ?

How many no balls did Rana bowl in his first over ?
 
kashif77 said:
Please tell me you're joking !

:))) :))) :))) :(
no joking, perdiction with history of rana, and his current days, which are to play with his grandsons
 
Dammmmmn sl 2 for 2, both wickets taken by razaq and nasir jamshed is bowling?????
 
Pakistanis team
Younis Khan*, Abdul Razzaq, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Imran Nazir, Kamran Akmal†, Misbah-ul-Haq, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Nasir Jamshed, Naved-ul-Hasan

all the players i wanted playing!
 
Last edited:
all the bench players are given a chance before the start of series
 
with out any doubt our bowling is the factor of our success in one days and t20 recently
 
Well just read in the news YOUNIS and YOUSUF will rest in this tour game which is good to see and we will see afridi as the captain for this match, so hope nazir-jamshed opens and umer is tried in this match along with fawad. now we will see how the middle order is without two class Y's....3 should go to Umer Akmal- 4-afridi then Fawad-
 
Razzaq two wickets in the first over.

This guy is made for these seaming wickets !
 
Ryankhan said:
Well just read in the news YOUNIS and YOUSUF will rest in this tour game which is good to see and we will see afridi as the captain for this match, so hope nazir-jamshed opens and umer is tried in this match along with fawad. now we will see how the middle order is without two class Y's....3 should go to Umer Akmal- 4-afridi then Fawad-

cricinfo says younis is captain of team
 
Very good squad giving all those who need some practice

YK
Misbah
Akmal

and all the ones who just came for the ODI series.
 
why isn't rana getting the new ball ?

instead yk got the two first change bowlers sharing the new ball.
 
Free Hit said:
no joking, perdiction with history of rana, and his current days, which are to play with his grandsons

he's gone for 10 in his first 5 balls including a no ball !!

got any stock tips also ?
 
Razzler took 2 wkts on the first 2 balls and was on a hat trick on the 3rd ball of the match.
Wish it was on TV
 
looks like rain's stopped play or somethin.... the scorecard on cricinfo's remained stuck at 8.5
 
adarsh_bang said:
looks like rain's stopped play or somethin.... the scorecard on cricinfo's remained stuck at 8.5

yeah ... it always seems to rain during pak warm up matches :21:
 
We have only 5 bowlers plus YK so if Rana starts to get carted it will be interestin who bowls.
 
iafzal said:
We have only 5 bowlers plus YK so if Rana starts to get carted it will be interestin who bowls.

ranbo should get his full quota .. the point of this match isnt winning .. we wanna see how he performs.
 
adarsh_bang said:
looks like rain's stopped play or somethin.... the scorecard on cricinfo's remained stuck at 8.5
No no the guy who is supposed to call the cricinfo HQ to update the score is just being late in calling. He is a Pakistani.
 
Last edited:
iafzal said:
No no they guys who is supposed to call the cricinfo HQ to update the score is just being late in calling. He is a Pakistani.

@bold: no wonder :))) :))) :)))
 
Also I think Sri Lanka A should set as a target of atleast 250 because our batting needs practice and I seriously hope Umar Akmal comes good for us..
 
Yeah I want the lankas to get a decent score here, so we can the likes of Umar Akmal score some runs InshaAllah
 
waqar_ahmad said:
Yeah I want the lankas to get a decent score here, so we can the likes of Umar Akmal score some runs InshaAllah


Inshallah bro...also we need to see how the pitch turns out as well. because we don't want it to turn square...if we lose here...it will crush our confidence..lets see how Misbah does in this game..
 
mmkextreme_1 said:
Inshallah bro...also we need to see how the pitch turns out as well. because we don't want it to turn square...if we lose here...it will crush our confidence..lets see how Misbah does in this game..
Our main bowlers are pretty much decided. Gul, Aamir, Afridi and Ajmal. Only the 5th bowler has to be decided.

The batting is the really open area here. Imran Nazir, Umar Akmal, Fawad Alam, Nasir Jamshed, all have a shot at playing.

So a good score by the lankans wil ensure that most of these guys get to show their skills
 
the team selection is such that the sri lankans are expected to score close to 300 so that the batsmen can get some valuable practice. younis khan's the 5th bowler and has to bowl 10 overs? i can't see who else will bowl, maybe fawad but he isn't much of a bowler.
 
Last edited:
Is it a bowling track or what? 16 ov and only 89? What is this a Test match? (Just kidding.)
 
iZeeshan said:
Naved gone for 14 by amateurs. Good stuff, now he won't play.
Yeah, I don't get why he's been rushed back in. At 31, I don't think he's getting any better. Surely we should have opted for some youth instead? Riaz or Talha would have been nice. Even Fahad Masood deserves a run.
 
well, all the players need batting practise, maybe chasing a larger total maybe helpful!
 
Last edited:
Brilliant News !

Rao Iftikhar getting CANED

even worse than Rana

at least Rana can bat so Rana and Razzaq will both get in ahead of Rao :14:
 
Sri Lanka A 162/3 (28.0 ov)

Abdul Razzaq 4 1 14 2 3.50

Shahid Afridi 5 1 19 0 3.80

Fawad Alam 4 0 22 0 5.50

Iftikhar Anjum 5 1 37 0 7.40 (1nb)

Naved-ul-Hasan 6 0 42 1 7.00 (2nb)
 
iZeeshan said:
Misbah-ul-Haq bowling?

I'm pretty sure that's Umar Akmal
I hope so. Can't beleive they will expect Misbah to be bowling in the one dayers.
 
Ali888 said:
Sri Lanka A 162/3 (28.0 ov)

Abdul Razzaq 4 1 14 2 3.50

Shahid Afridi 5 1 19 0 3.80

Fawad Alam 4 0 22 0 5.50

Iftikhar Anjum 5 1 37 0 7.40 (1nb)

Naved-ul-Hasan 6 0 42 1 7.00 (2nb)

WOW...horrendous bowling by R & R! drop them asap and give them some R & R
 
iZeeshan said:
Misbah-ul-Haq bowling?

I'm pretty sure that's Umar Akmal
Cue the Fawad-esque excuses of Umar being an all-rounder and having to compete with several others.
 
Are Pakistan 'allowing' them a decent total to be put up?

Misbah bowling :13:
 
Score has been updated. Looks like Younis wants to have a big total to chase. 3/249 after 40 overs! Everyone been hit around the park barring Razzak.
 
Rana/Rao flopping here which means chances of playing in 1st ODI are remote.

Intesting to see of Razzaq opens bowling in the ODI series.
 
Back
Top