West Indies v Bangladesh | 1st Test | Kingston | Jul 9-13 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeraBlade

First Class Captain
Runs
Start delayed due to rain

The most interesting part - the West Indies team. See if you can recognise any name:

West Indies squad
FL Reifer*, DJG Sammy, RA Austin, DE Bernard, TL Best, K Brathwaite, AS Creary, TM Dowlin, KR McClean, NO Miller, NT Pascal, O Phillips, DM Richards, KAJ Roach, C Walton†

I wonder how many will be making their debut. All 15? :)

suprised there's no oldies liek Pedro collins etc

anyway Come On Banga!

If Bangladesh don't win this test, they don't deserve the test status but I am sure, they'll win this test.

Of course they deserve test status - they beat their brothers in teh 99WC

no seriously- I think too much expectation is on the Banga boys - they're not going to be used to being favourites - I hope they don't choke

KA$H said:
no seriously- I think too much expectation is on the Banga boys - they're not going to be used to being favourites - I hope they don't choke

I'd certainly agree to your "expectation" comment. It took India 20 years to win its 1st test. New Zealand took 26 years to win its 1st test and 39 years to wins its 1st series.

Wow. Seven West Indian players making debut today. The whole XI has played 22 test matches combined. Salman Butt has played 22 matches which makes the whole team as experienced as him.

Code:
[B]West Indies    Tests		Bangladesh	       Tests[/B]
TL Best 	12		Mohammad Ashraful 	48
DJG Sammy 	 5		Mashrafe Mortaza 	35
FL Reifer 	 4		Shahadat Hossain 	21
DE Bernard 	 1		Mushfiqur Rahim 	14
RA Austin 	 0		Shakib Al Hasan 	12
TM Dowlin 	 0		Junaid Siddique 	10
NO Miller 	 0		Tamim Iqbal 	        10
O Phillips 	 0		Imrul Kayes 	         4
DM Richards 	 0		Raqibul Hasan 	         3
KAJ Roach 	 0		Mahmudullah 	         0
C Walton 	 0		Rubel Hossain 	         0

[B]Total		22		Total	               157[/B]

JeeraBlade said:
Start delayed due to rain

The most interesting part - the West Indies team. See if you can recognise any name:

West Indies squad
FL Reifer*, DJG Sammy, RA Austin, DE Bernard, TL Best, K Brathwaite, AS Creary, TM Dowlin, KR McClean, NO Miller, NT Pascal, O Phillips, DM Richards, KAJ Roach, C Walton†

I wonder how many will be making their debut. All 15? :)

I recognise Darren Sammy, Tino Best, Nikita Miller that's it.

This exciting test match must have drastically reduced the number of people watching the Ashes.

Cricinfo are being generous in that they are actually doing commentary for this.

If Bangladesh fail to win this match, I would hope that they get sent back to lower level cricket because this is a poor West Indies side. It's really poor stuff by the WICB though, completely unfair that the players don't have contracts and it's extremely disrespectful that they have called in a second string side to replace them.

Hopefully they get all of this solved quickly and get a full side back for the second test match cause right now I would think that Bangladesh are the favorites in this series. It'll be interesting how the Bangali players will react to such a tag... it really would be saddening if they lose and lose badly to this mediocre side at best.

With the rain factor, I think we may be witnessing a historic draw ;-)

Khabri420 said:
With the rain factor, I think we may be witnessing a historic draw ;-)
:D Perhaps it would save the West Indies from what should be a loss they will want to forget quickly. Although it could just as well go the other way and be one of the worst tests in Bangladesh history.

I am sure the West Indies will want to play this match though. Test match experience is always important since there are a lot of newly capped players for the Windies and some of them might never get another chance anyways.

JeeraBlade said:
Wow. Seven West Indian players making debut today. The whole XI has played 22 test matches combined. Salman Butt has played 22 matches which makes the whole team as experienced as him.
Total 22 Total 157[/CODE]
Now if you count the first class matches...
Dale Richards 32 year old opener FC 2600 runs @38.23
T Dowlin 33 Middle order FC 3259 @ 29.62
Captain 35 prolific FC scorer 6689 @ 35.02.
Barnard FC 3073 @ 27.19.
Couple of A team members added to that.

Oldest in our team is Mashrafe 25.
Ash 24 FC 4908 @ 29.21
Mehrab 24 FC 2084 @ 32.06
Debut M'Ullah 23 FC 2151 @ 35.85
Shakib 22 FC 2005 @ 33.41.

BD-fan said:
Now if you count the first class matches...
Dale Richards 32 year old opener FC 2600 runs @38.23
T Dowlin 33 Middle order FC 3259 @ 29.62
Captain 35 prolific FC scorer 6689 @ 35.02.
Barnard FC 3073 @ 27.19.
Couple of A team members added to that.

Oldest in our team is Mashrafe 25.
Ash 24 FC 4908 @ 29.21
Mehrab 24 FC 2084 @ 32.06
Debut M'Ullah 23 FC 2151 @ 35.85
Shakib 22 FC 2005 @ 33.41.

Are we looking for some excuses already?

End of rain affected Day 1: Total -(0 wickets; 18.5 overs) 42 (2.23 runs per over)

Bangladesh 1st innings R B 4s 6s SR
Tamim Iqbal not out 14 62 1 0 22.58

Imrul Kayes not out 26 52 3 0 50.00

Extras (w 1, nb 1) 2

Total (0 wickets; 18.5 overs) 42 (2.23 runs per over)
To bat Junaid Siddique, Mohammad Ashraful, Raqibul Hasan, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim†, Mahmudullah, Mashrafe Mortaza*, Shahadat Hossain, Rubel Hossain

Bowling O M R W Econ
TL Best 6 2 14 0 2.33 (1nb, 1w)

KAJ Roach 5 1 18 0 3.60

DJG Sammy 5.5 2 6 0 1.02

DE Bernard 2 0 4 0 2.00

West Indies team
DM Richards, O Phillips, TM Dowlin, FL Reifer*, DE Bernard, C Walton†, DJG Sammy, TL Best, NO Miller, RA Austin, KAJ Roach
Match details
Toss Bangladesh, who chose to bat
Test debuts Mahmudullah and Rubel Hossain (Bangladesh); RA Austin, TM Dowlin, NO Miller, O Phillips, DM Richards, KAJ Roach and C Walton (West Indies)

Last edited:
bangala 100/5 :))) :)))

what a crap side is bangaladesh........ and asraful an even crappier one :)))

makes no difference weather he is captain or not....still fails miserably :D

AhmedZulfiqar said:
how is Roach's bowling? heard he was quick

well unfortunately im not following this match fully.

I consider these west indian scabs traitors to the cause of the west :po: indian striking players.

Typical Bangla performance! Really poor stuff!

shakib is the man they rely on him he shuold make a biggie here

Inswinging Yorker said:
yea u rite

ireland plays better than them
Pakistan should have accepted bangla's tour offer, and sent an U-19 team to play their senior side. Would have been good practice for our kids.

Bangladesh is pathetic to be honest. How can you possibly not do well against a second hand Windies side?

Almost the entire Windies side is inexperienced and you would think that the Bangladeshis would be able to outsmart them on the cricket field. I am sure their fans will be truly disappointed because they actually had a good chance of winning.

raoch is bowling now but theyre not showing the pace ( no speedgun I guess) but he doesn't seems fast ( he's slower than aamer :D ) :aamir

I knew from the start that bangla will fail even against this 2nd string windies side. I mean they might win from here, but it is highly unlikely

well then I stop watching it :p i like to watch shakib/ashraful bat theyre the only bengali batsman who I like to watch

Bangladesh 121/6 at Lunch on Day 2. Clearly struggling against this young inexperienced Windies side.

waqar_ahmad said:
I knew from the start that bangla will fail even against this 2nd string windies side. I mean they might win from here, but it is highly unlikely

no man more like a 4th string side. ....these players would hardly make up a reserve west indies side under normal circumstances ;-)

dont think these bangladeshi players will ever learn, they only know how to attack, and thats what causes them to lose the matches most of the time

I've backed Bangladesh's test status, give them more time etc etc.....but messing even THIS up against a Windies 'C' side...they dont deserve test cricket.

Maybe their test status should be suspended for a while, for them to play a series of 4 days games against the 'lesser' sides such as Ireland, Scotland, Holland etc.

Mohsin said:
I've backed Bangladesh's test status, give them more time etc etc.....but messing even THIS up against a Windies 'C' side...they dont deserve test cricket.

Maybe their test status should be suspended for a while, for them to play a series of 4 days games against the 'lesser' sides such as Ireland, Scotland, Holland etc.

yep i myself wanted bangaladesh to beat these traitors.

but bangala batted like some retards :)))

What a shot that was! Anyone else thinks that the loudness of Shahadat's grunt is not in direct correlation with the speed he's bowling at? He's making 77 MPH sound like 95.

Sky sports have the rights to broadcast all West Indies home series, so i'm disappointed that they're not showing this. They do have the Twenty20 in their schedule, but none of the tests or ODIs.

Shayan said:
Sky sports have the rights to broadcast all West Indies home series, so i'm disappointed that they're not showing this. They do have the Twenty20 in their schedule, but none of the tests or ODIs.

They want to show the boring snoozefest that is the ASHES!!!!!!!!!!!

West indies looking like they will get a pretty big lead here over bangla!

It's pretty close now. I still will say that West Indies have the better chance of coming out on top in this match due to the poor batting display by Bangladesh.

tamim iqbal allmost reaches his highest score for tests (84) now he's on 82*

Brilliant batting display from Tamim Iqbal. He seems to have found his touch, he is a great batsman to watch.

Lets see how much Bangladesh can make, the problem with them is if one wicket falls they'll all fall in a heap. If they don't let that happen in this game, they could actually win this.

Tamim Iqbal becomes the ninth Bangladeshi to score a Test century after Aminul Islam, Habibul Bashar, Javed Omar, Mohammad Ashraful, Khaled Mashud, Mohammad Rafique, Nafis Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees. Well played Tamim!

200/1 at tea. Leading by 131.

Needs to score at least 120 runs from the 3rd session.

Suddenly all the bangladesh fans come out from hiding lol, well played though massive improvement this from the bangla batsman.

we were hiding ? where ? Pak team should take a lesson from Bangladesh how to play in second innings...

RumiNYC said:
we were hiding ? where ? Pak team should take a lesson from Bangladesh how to play in second innings...

Then we should also go round and cause a dispute between the SLC and their team so that in the next test they are forced to send out their D grade team.

RumiNYC said:

Easy there...it's never too late for a Bangladeshi collapse either :D

a,b,c or d grade or not..it's the results that matters...atleast BCB isn't like start finger pointing like PCB when Pak team lost.

This is already Day 4 session 3. Bangladesh lead by 162. They have to start hitting a bit. They did get 17 in last over but they need about 5-6 an over till end of day to get to 280 lead

Bang 235 for 2..new ball available and taken...Bangladesh lead by 166....

hasanb said:
Then we should also go round and cause a dispute between the SLC and their team so that in the next test they are forced to send out their D grade team.

vaas absent, check - A --> B
murali absent, check, B --> C
1100 test wickets absent - check
malinga absent, check - C --> D
mendis non-factor, check

i'd say its even stevens on the bowling front, which is what the batters go up agaisnt.

Bangla Tiger said:
vaas absent, check - A --> B
murali absent, check, B --> C
1100 test wickets absent - check
malinga absent, check - C --> D
mendis non-factor, check

i'd say its even stevens on the bowling front, which is what the batters go up agaisnt.
LOL!

Bangladesh doing magnificently against this West Indies 'D' side...well played WI.

Another wicket are they're on top! :)))

:))):))):))):))) And they get that wicket, 5 down to this mighty teenage side!

Lead 198 5 wicket down.

If they wrap up the Tigers within the next 50 runs...I'd say Windies are on top

let's worry bout how to avoid loosing SERIES against mighty Sri-lanka first ;)

i'll say lead of 220+ is prolly gonna save the test for Bangladesh....on the other hand...Srilanka so far leading by 74 runs and 7 wickets in hand...need i to say any more what Pak need to do there ;)

RumiNYC said:
let's worry bout how to avoid loosing SERIES against mighty Sri-lanka first ;)

I will worry about that once day 2 starts. Right now I am following a close competition between a full-bench Bangali side vs a West Indian 'D' team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back