West Indies v Bangladesh | 2nd test | 17-21 July 2009

107/3 (24 overs) at Lunch on Day 1

Mahmullah strikes twice in his first over (2/9)

WI collapsing from 104-1 to 160-7
West Indies 161/7 (46 ov)
Mahmudullah taking 3 wickets in 5 overs

beautiful spin bowling by all 3 bangladeshi spinner- day 1 only session two and they are turning the ball quite a lot...sharp turn. Now Tea time. WI - 178/7.
Enamul Jr and Shakib took two while Mahmudullah took 3 wickets. Lets hope we can restrict them under 200!

End of day 1:
BD 35/1 Imrul Kayes got out - 14.
Trailing by 202 runs with 9 wkts in hand.
Good Luck Bangladesh.

I hope Bangladesh win this one because it seems that neither the Former West-Indian players and the Board were affected by the lose in the 1st one.

Bangladesh have crashed to 84-4!

Ashraful (due a big one) and Hasan at the crease

I heard this guy Kemar Roach is quick.

These West Indians really cant play spin at all.

21-1 after gaining a 5 run lead after the first innings!

End of day 3
WI 192-8 in their 2nd inns, a lead of 197
David Bernard unbeaten on 61, Shakib with 4 wkts.
Match evenly poised with 2 days to go.

W.I need atleast another 40-50 runs here to have a chance on leveling series. I can see Bangla taking this match as well!

if bangladesh doesnt chase this down from here on against some VERY ordinary bowlers , they should have their test cricket status removed

West Indies 237 & 209
Bangladesh 232 & 17/0 (6.0 ov)

Bangladesh require another 198 runs with 10 wickets remaining

Bangladesh need to win 216 runs which is at the moment look like unreachable... 29/2 Bangladesh...i'll beat my house if Bangladesh can pull this off...

RumiNYC said:
Bangladesh need to win 216 runs which is at the moment look like unreachable... 29/2 Bangladesh...i'll beat my house if Bangladesh can pull this off...
people usually beat a player's house

8 wickets in hand to get 179 runs... ? Anybody else think Bangladesh can win this one ?

Mohammad Ashrafull had a dream that he will play atleast one good innings this year so he is hopefull. Will this be the match?

Bangladeshis losing the plot here:26:.........

49/3

lol looks like i'm really gonna win a cool 100 bucks from a fellow then ;) shabbash Bangladesh...keep up the choke job....67 for 4...

Bang!!! - 89/4 (26.4 ov)
Bangladesh require another 127 runs with 6 wickets remaining

I am amazed by the no. of times Shakib Al Hasan has dragged his team out of a hole, both in batting and bowling. What a player! the other players must look at this great guy and learn from him. Only Mushfiqur comes close in terms of sheer talent and playing under pressure. And he is the captain for this match as well.

Required 112 more runs...

I will be so happy if bangladesh win don't know hy :))) but still I like bangladesh' team

Come on Bangladesh.

This should be over tonoght 26 overs + the extra half hour to get 70 runs.

68 to win and 6 wickets in hand...80 runs partnership between Raqib and Shakib...good stuff :)

The weird thing is I doubt this will hurt the selfish windies players on strike like it should. They dont realise that they are being driven into irrelevance...well due to their actions i wont feel for them, not one bit, they deserve this big time. Well done Bangladesh for teaching them a lesson here.

45 more runs required, around 21 overs left, should be a comfortable victory now.

hasanb said:
The weird thing is I doubt this will hurt the selfish windies players on strike like it should. They dont realise that they are being driven into irrelevance...well due to their actions i wont feel for them, not one bit, they deserve this big time. Well done Bangladesh for teaching them a lesson here.

Look into why they're striking and how the WICB treats its cricketers. WICB makes the PCB look competent and caring!!

Mercenary said:
Look into why they're striking and how the WICB treats its cricketers. WICB makes the PCB look competent and caring!!

I completely understand that, and I know in detail why they are striking. However in my view a strike especially for professionel sports persons representing your country is just not an option that you should be able to convince yourself to take. Theres just too much pride in representing your country and these matters could have been pursued via other means.

Not to forget that a lot of the striking players pocketed a cool $1,000,000 each before stanford went bust. Although this was not from the WICB it still shows they certainly werent poor! So yes merc you do have a point..i mean any board that makes the PCB look good....well nuff said! However in my view striking from playing for your country is plain unacceptable no matter what.

hasanb said:
I completely understand that, and I know in detail why they are striking. However in my view a strike especially for professionel sports persons representing your country is just not an option that you should be able to convince yourself to take. Theres just too much pride in representing your country and these matters could have been pursued via other means.

Not to forget that a lot of the striking players pocketed a cool $1,000,000 each before stanford went bust. Although this was not from the WICB it still shows they certainly werent poor! So yes merc you do have a point..i mean any board that makes the PCB look good....well nuff said! However in my view striking from playing for your country is plain unacceptable no matter what.

Normally I'd agree with you but this Windies team has threatened to strike many times but when the WICB has called their bluff the players have put country (or Carribbean Union in this case) before individual but for how long?

They had to make a stand at some point and this was it.

lol Shakib equaled his previous high scored and stays not out...good job lad..

It would be awesome if West Indies Cricket Board were able to convince Lara to come out of retirement and take up captaincy again and let him groom this young team.. forget the other guys, if they can't play for their country when it needs them most , the are surely not that important!

Amazing, how spoilt these players are.. they dont see it as an honour to represent their country but want to make even more financially for themselves.

If your captain says he doesn't mind if test cricket ended, what hope have you got?

Bangladesh Zindabad !!!
Bangladesh Zindabad !!!
Bangladesh Zindabad !!!
Bangladesh Zindabad !!!

Majid Khan said:
It would be awesome if West Indies Cricket Board were able to convince Lara to come out of retirement and take up captaincy again and let him groom this young team.. forget the other guys, if they can't play for their country when it needs them most , the are surely not that important!

Amazing, how spoilt these players are.. they dont see it as an honour to represent their country but want to make even more financially for themselves.
He can't, his shoulder is kaput. He even left the ICL because of his injury.

Congratulations to Shakib and company:19:!

Majid Khan said:

Get your facts correct....how are the players spoilt? They were always putting country first. But the crap the wicb is doing has a limit.

When players have to bear their own cost for surgeries. When they are given no contracts,while board members drive fancy cars and live it up to the max. So who is spoilt?

Back