West Indies v Pakistan | 4th ODI | Gros Islet | 7/21/13 l Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 25 over mark D/L target should be 101 if we have lost 2 wickets by then

I'd rather have the match start again and us lose. Losing this series can not be the worst thing ever becasue it might mean seeing the end of Misbah's reign as ODI captain.

I'd be happy if its reduced to 30 overs with us needing 90 odd in 13 overs.

Had Jamshed not been run out D/L would have been a lot more favourable for us.

A curtailed match will be in Pakistan's favor here

Lol at those thinking D/L is gonna help us.

The game will be finished in it's entirety.

covers still on and even if rain stops it might take some time for the ground be ready as alot of time was taken even at the start of the match

If the match does resume: D/L calculations

max. overs to play ..... overs left for Pakistan .. max no. wickets lost ..... D/L winning score ... Additional Runs required

25 ... 8... 2 ... 106 ... 38
25 ... 8... 3 ... 117 ... 49
25 ...8 ... 4 ... 132 ... 64

30 ...13 ... 2 ... 128 ... 60
30 ... 13 ... 3 ... 136 ... 68
30 ... 13 ... 4 ... 147 ... 79
30 ... 13 ... 5 ... 162 ... 94

The more overs that are lost the better it is for Pakistan.

Our medical student, who was in the stadium thanking Ian Bishop must be brought here at the PP.

Nothing from Ramizspeaks (tweeter) either??

i hope ball do not do any trick now..if does misbah will have new excuse, rain did the trick.

We have already lost almost 30 mins since the rain came, which is roughly equivalent to 7 overs. The rain has stopped by the way and the covers are coming off

Cricinfo: We have already lost almost 30 mins since the rain came, which is roughly equivalent to 7 overs. The rain has stopped by the way and the covers are coming off

"If the match is reduced to 40 overs, Pakistan will have to chase 230 runs. In 30 overs, Pakistan will need to score 179 runs. #WIvPak"

Courtesy @BeingFaridKhan, PakPassion's Correspondent in Pakistan.

If match is reduced to 40 overs, Pakistan's target should be 187, ie 119 more runs off 23 overs (assuming no more rain breaks).

Last edited:
If the match is reduced to 40 overs, Pakistan will have to chase 230 runs. In 30 overs,Pakistan will need to score 179 runs.

If the match is reduced to 40 overs, Pakistan will have to chase 230 runs. In 30 overs,Pakistan will need to score 179 runs.
I don't know how or where you get that from. I believe that the target will be 187 if match reduced to 40 overs.

when overs get reduced in D/L the RRR usually goes up and do not stay the same.
So it will be a bigger challenge from RR point of view but may suits us since we have some tullay baaz rather than proper batsmen

Anybody calculated how many ODIs are effected by rain in last 2 months?

I don't know how or where you get that from. I believe that the target will be 187 if match reduced to 40 overs.

Target would have been 187 if the match had stopped at 40 overs with 2 wickets lost

Target for 40 overs is 230 if match stops at 17 overs with Pakistan 2 down at 68

Two different scenarios, you are looking at the first one

how?73 runs reduced for ten overs?
Yes, it's D/L, which is not based on average run-rate, as you are doing, but based upon 'resources left', which for Pakistan is 8 wickets and 23 overs (if match reduced to 40 overs).

D/L assumes that, if you have wickets in hand, you will normally score at a slower rate at the start of the innings and at a faster rate towards the end.

We might not get 40 overs actually ...

What about 35 overs? How much we have to chase then?
If the match does resume: D/L calculations

max. overs to play ..... overs left for Pakistan .. max no. wickets lost ..... D/L winning score ... Additional Runs required

25 ... 8... 2 ... 106 ... 38
25 ... 8... 3 ... 117 ... 49
25 ...8 ... 4 ... 132 ... 64

30 ...13 ... 2 ... 128 ... 60
30 ... 13 ... 3 ... 136 ... 68
30 ... 13 ... 4 ... 147 ... 79
30 ... 13 ... 5 ... 162 ... 94

The more overs that are lost the better it is for Pakistan.
Hope that helps. Although, for less than 40 overs, it may be slightly different due to the batting Powerplay being affected.

I second some posters here that with the decrease in overs , required run rate is bound to increase.

We are still waiting for the official word, but if the match is reduced to 40-overs, Pakistan's target will be 232. If it's reduced to 35 overs, then the target will be 210.

We are still waiting for the official word, but if the match is reduced to 40-overs, Pakistan's target will be 232. If it's reduced to 35 overs, then the target will be 210

From Cricinfo

From cricinfo:

If the match is reduced to 40-overs, Pakistan's target will be 232. If it's reduced to 35 overs, then the target will be 210.

Last edited:
Here you go as expected it will be more challenging and higher RR

Cricinfo:We are still waiting for the official word, but if the match is reduced to 40-overs, Pakistan's target will be 232. If it's reduced to 35 overs, then the target will be 210.

35 overs look likely so in 18 over we have to score 142 runs = 7.8rpo

Last edited:
Yes, it's D/L, which is not based on average run-rate, as you are doing, but based upon 'resources left', which for Pakistan is 8 wickets and 23 overs (if match reduced to 40 overs).

D/L assumes that, if you have wickets in hand, you will normally score at a slower rate at the start of the innings and at a faster rate towards the end.

I think you mean 187 for 2 in 40 overs.overall target would be 230.if the game is shortened midway through a chase,RRR generally increases then decreasing

We are still waiting for the official word, but if the match is reduced to 40-overs, Pakistan's target will be 232. If it's reduced to 35 overs, then the target will be 210. By the way, clear skies over the ground

We are still waiting for the official word, but if the match is reduced to 40-overs, Pakistan's target will be 232. If it's reduced to 35 overs, then the target will be 210. By the way, clear skies over the ground.

- Cricinfo

Unfair ridiculous target

It's not unfair. It's a balance of having wickets in hands for more overs. 8 wicket sin hand for 40 overs is ok but 8 wickets in hand for 20 overs is great. Therefore target should be more if only 20 overs are left

If it comes down to 210 runs in 35 overs it means 142 runs needed in 18 overs...

So 142 runs in 108 balls mean a Required RR of 7.88 with Misbah and Hafeez on crease...

- Cricinfo

Not looking good for us either way with Hafeez and Misbah out there to be honest. Both need to accelerate now and don't leave everything on Haris Sohail and Umar Akmal.

Hopefully both start rotating the strike instead of playing out several dots and getting out.

I hope match reduces to 40 overs (lower RRR) and not 35 because that target is too difficult with the batting we have

If it comes down to 210 runs in 35 overs it means 142 runs needed in 18 overs...

So 142 runs in 108 balls mean a Required RR of 7.88 with Misbah and Hafeez on crease...

gotta play sensibly ,and keep in tact with DL incase rain arrives again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back