West Indies v Pakistan | 4th ODI | Gros Islet | 7/21/13 l Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I salute those geniuses who came up with DL method.
I mean it must be hard to come up with something so ridiculously complicated.
They should be given Nobel Prize for maths, if there is something like that.

Both situations are not good looking with Misbah and Hafeez on crease...

232 in 40 overs means Required RR of 7.13

210 in 35 overs means Required RR of 7.88

If it comes down to 210 runs in 35 overs it means 142 runs needed in 18 overs...

So 142 runs in 108 balls mean a Required RR of 7.88 with Misbah and Hafeez on crease...

This is a worrying scenario for Pakistan now, An hour has passed since rain intervened ....

We are bound to get around 35 overs :(

Come with 8 wickets in hand and Umar and Afridi still to come, a RRR of around 8 for 18 overs is easy

Both situations are not good looking with Misbah and Hafeez on crease...

232 in 40 overs means Required RR of 7.13

210 in 35 overs means Required RR of 7.88

this will most likely go to 9 or 10 rpo in about 5-7 overs time:hafeez:misbah_old

If losing this series means Misbah and Whatmore get sacked for good then so be it !! And please take Hafeez with you too!

last match main in last 15 Overs pakistan scored 120 runs

aur iss waqat 7 wicket hath main thi

A guy @ Crcinfo

andy f: "as of 9.34pm 21/07/13 I am officially starting a petition to scrap duckworth/lewis method of match settling it was pathetic to start with and never improved"

I salute those geniuses who came up with DL method.
I mean it must be hard to come up with something so ridiculously complicated.
They should be given Nobel Prize for maths, if there is something like that.

That's the way the world works. Smart people are there to set up systems like these, so that village simpletons like you can look up a print out and figure out the revised target. How hard is it to look up a table? (I know Pollock screwed up even this simple task during 2003 WC, but that's no excuse).

BTW, the unofficial Nobel prize equivalent for Maths is the Fields Medal.

These umpires sure taking their time. It will be an impossible task because it will likely be reduced to 30 overs with us needing about 110 runs in last 13 overs or so

TBH i have seen a better ground staff and umpires when Bangladesh toured Zimbabwe recently...

TBH i have seen a better ground staff and umpires when Bangladesh toured Zimbabwe recently...
concur your honesty although I did not see that match but I can imagine. Matches in WI always have issues, maybe the culture not sure.

Pakistan will be requiring 91 runs in 13 overs if the match is reduced to 30 overs !

What's the fuss about?

The way I see it, there was no way we were chasing 262 off 50 overs.

Not enough batsmen to stay long enough at the crease.

A 110 off 13 overs might actually do it for us. Cuz we have enough blind type tullay Baaz.

I don't see how you guys are deluded into thinking that 262 would have been chased while Misbah and Hafeez were at crease.

Really ridiculous stuff from the match officials. Get on with the game!

West Indies generally seem unable to hold international standard events there always some kind of issue regards pitch, stadium ect

Match starting at 5pm local time. i cannot see it going for more than 75mins tops so perhaps 35 overs

If it is a 30 over game then you've got 6 overs of dross to hit from Dwayne Bravo.

even the commies on cricinfo are getting frustrated as play should have been resumed by now

we cant depend on lower order to score at 10 RR ... they have to come back with guns blazing. no tuk tuk.

I think you mean 187 for 2 in 40 overs.overall target would be 230.if the game is shortened midway through a chase,RRR generally increases then decreasing
You are correct, my mistake. Used the par score D/L calculater if match is cut-off, not reduced.

Incompetence of the highest order from the WI staff.
Really sad it comes to this that staff is not capable of doing their job

Nice Comment for ICC and WICB

Vishal Long Island Trinio: "No rain yet no play and a 20 to 30 min wait before play starts, good luck selling cricket to the American market"

What is wrong with the officials. why so long for inspections and why so long for play to start. at this rate the rain will come back.

The skies are shining and no play, pathetic.

These Windians are almost as bad as us at this stuff

Pakistan target is 189 from 31 overs with no PP overs left

That's the way the world works. Smart people are there to set up systems like these, so that village simpletons like you can look up a print out and figure out the revised target. How hard is it to look up a table? (I know Pollock screwed up even this simple task during 2003 WC, but that's no excuse).

BTW, the unofficial Nobel prize equivalent for Maths is the Fields Medal.

Even looking up that table it doesn't make much sense to me, neither does the process.
for your information I haven't even started high school yet, so you can see where I'm coming from.

189 in 31 overs...

121 needed in 84 balls...

Required RR 8.64

If umpires were any good we would be chasing 150 in 20 or so overs. Much more gettable score.

I guess that's why it was crucial to play fast at the start of the match.

And not go into tuk tuk.

If we had around 90 runs right now...

target would have been easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back