Why has PCB not acknowledged Mohammad Rizwan yet?

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Sarfaraz Ahmed recently "acknowledged" M. Rizwan but why PCB still treating him as a second tier player. He is the most successful PSL captain, the highest run scorer for Pakistan in T20s since 2021 also the most consistent performer of team and the best wicket keeper too.

But why when it comes to captaincy whether in White or Red ball format, he is not even in the discussion? Why PCB not reinstating him as vice captain again in T20? Why he is still treated as a second choice keeper in the Test format?

Do Mohsin Naqvi & Co has some grudge against him or is it not the right time for him to be the PCT's Tribal chief?:rolleyes:

Yeah I believe the PCB don’t want to completely let their company go to waste with Rizwan at the helm of cricketing directives.

Bobby will resign after the WC. Rizzler is the next in line to the Throne.

He will win the home champions trophy next year. And become a Legend!

Just According to Keikaku! :devilish:
:Riz

@mominsaigol , @160KPH @daytrader and @PakEngFan your thoughts on Rana g's observations and OP question
I think he should’ve been made captain across formats because he was the obvious choice after Babar was removed.

He already gets selection in all formats. He’s one of our highest performing batsmen in all formats, and he’s been vice captain before as well as having captaincy experience in PSL. No clue why he hasn’t been at the least offered the captaincy.

I don’t think that there’s any personal reason behind it. I think Shaheen was seen as a successful captain because of the success of his PSL team and ultimately he was dropped too soon after one poor PSL and one poor series.

PCB sold its rights for the series against New Zealand at $99k

I mean I might as well try and bid for a PCB series next time and broadcast it on a YouTube channel.

Who is to blame for this pathetic outcome? 4 years of rubbish with this lipstick wearing, leg side rodeo rider at the forefront whose on a Category A contract.

Your business model is totally in the dumps!

The Saya Corporation scandal hurt Rizwan's chances.

Do you have proof of this or you are lying as per @160KPH ‘s assessment?

Rizwan was a co-owner in Saya along with Inzamam. No way will the PCB appoint him captain unless he exits the company.

I think Misbah was the first one to acknowledge the talent of Rizwan and made him a T20I opener; the rest is history now.

Rizwan was a co-owner in Saya along with Inzamam. No way will the PCB appoint him captain unless he exits the company.
Out of curiosity

What harm could Rizwan do being co owner of Saya corporation?

@mominsaigol , @160KPH @daytrader and @PakEngFan your thoughts on Rana g's observations and OP question
Idk about the context that rana wrote but as for the OP, imo idk. Logically in suprised rizwan hasn't been made all format captain as incase sure he'd be next.

But genuinely rizwan isn't any different from Bobby as a captain. Tbf he's better at anger management, babar panicks left, right and center lol. But he's going to be another misbah like captain

Out of curiosity

What harm could Rizwan do being co owner of Saya corporation?

Getting Commission as the agents of the players being represented to play for Pakistan and T-20 leagues around the world. Massive conflict of interest. If it wasn't Inzi would not have stepped down as CS. That report has still not come out in public from the PCB.

Getting Commission as the agents of the players being represented to play for Pakistan and T-20 leagues around the world. Massive conflict of interest. If it wasn't Inzi would not have stepped down as CS. That report has still not come out in public from the PCB.
Saya don’t get any money from PCB wages.

What they do get is their client being exposed through international selection and mainstream coverage, which opens up the doors to their money making opportunities through sponsorships and then franchise leagues.

Something was always dodgy about Pakistan cricket since 2019 when Rizwan was being shoved down our throats.

@160KPH go on accuse me of lying!

Idk about the context that rana wrote but as for the OP, imo idk. Logically in suprised rizwan hasn't been made all format captain as incase sure he'd be next.

But genuinely rizwan isn't any different from Bobby as a captain. Tbf he's better at anger management, babar panicks left, right and center lol. But he's going to be another misbah like captain
Agree with you on everything except misbah bit

How is he the most successful PSL captain? Isnt that Shaheen?

Agree with you on everything except misbah bit
Well you agree that rizwan is like babar minus anger management correct?

Well babar's wc 2023 team was

1) Abdullah
2) Imam
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Saud
6) Chacha

^^ our top 6 all accumulators.

Well misbah's captaincy included

1) Jamshed
2) Shehzad
3) YK
4) Haris sohail(only player worth a damn)
5) maqsood
6) Akmal
7) Afridi

^^ Notice a pattern?

How is he the most successful PSL captain? Isnt that Shaheen?
I would say it’s Babar

A win/loss ratio of 30% but is the people’s wholesome captain because of his cover drives

I think it’s two reasons. Firstly there is Sarfraz support. It won’t go down with them if he’s captain. It’s also why Sarfraz has remained in and around the teams/squads IMO. Kamran akmal on the other hand was pretty much blacklisted despite being the best batsman in PSL at times.

I also think it is too with wicketkeepers taking their place for granted. It happened with kamran. It then happened with Sarfraz. Especially fitness and keeping. Keeping Rizwan on his toes and out of captaincy puts pressure on him to keep performing or get dropped. PCB wants to avoid this situation happening again.

What sort of acknowledgment does he want? Playing cricket on his favorite number and being an A-category central contract player... I don't think anything is missing here.

Well you agree that rizwan is like babar minus anger management correct?

Well babar's wc 2023 team was

1) Abdullah
2) Imam
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Saud
6) Chacha

^^ our top 6 all accumulators.

Well misbah's captaincy included

1) Jamshed
2) Shehzad
3) YK
4) Haris sohail(only player worth a damn)
5) maqsood
6) Akmal
7) Afridi

^^ Notice a pattern?
Sorry bro, couldn't pick it up. Would you elaborate a bit

Because Babar is the tribal chief, everybody must acknowledge him :yk3

Riswan is just a pawn in Babar’s growing stable.

Maybe Imtiaz Ali can make a movie on this too like he did for Chamkila.

Nobody will truly know why Rizwan couldn’t become captain. The mystery.

What they do get is their client being exposed through international selection and mainstream coverage, which opens up the doors to their money making opportunities through sponsorships and then franchise leagues.

Something was always dodgy about Pakistan cricket since 2019 when Rizwan was being shoved down our throats.

I agree, why would Rizwan wanna be captain when he is already king of Pakistani cricket and has more power than the captain or chairman?

I agree, why would Rizwan wanna be captain when he is already king of Pakistani cricket and has more power than the captain or chairman?
Yep Rizwan would be happy for that but deep inside would be pondering why Shan, why SSA, why Babar again but not me once. Even Shadab has played as a captain for the national side.

Because Babar is the tribal chief, everybody must acknowledge him :yk3

Riswan is just a pawn in Babar’s growing stable.
lol. To be fair this is true, the most powerful player is Babar. Rizwan won’t go against him. I also think imad might be upset at Babar for this reason, while Babar may not be the guy who initially dropped him, he might have been able to pressure selectors to bring imad back if he’d intervened.

It is also probably Babar who was happy with the Rizwan-Babar opening situation. If Babar wanted to break it and send Rizwan down (or himself) the order he could have. People vastly overrate the power Rizwan has, I think he feels lucky he’s in the team given how hard it was to break in. For Babar getting into the team was never even a question.

But that is what happens when you are the best player in the team. He is the generational talent. Even when he was a teenager, people were predicting he’d be the best Pakistani batsman ever. Probably told he’d captain Pakistan too. It was already a given he’d make Pakistan team and be their best batsman, it was more would he reach atg status or not. It is similar to the sway Kohli would have had in the Indian team. It’s natural. In fact I’ve heard the same arguments from Indian fans over the years ranting about Kohli’s influence on the team until Rohit took over.

The funny thing is Amir had he not be caught for fixing might have welded the same influence. It just came crashing down for him.

Might see a similar situation with Shaheen once Babar gets older too.

I mean I might as well try and bid for a PCB series next time and broadcast it on a YouTube channel.

Who is to blame for this pathetic outcome? 4 years of rubbish with this lipstick wearing, leg side rodeo rider at the forefront whose on a Category A contract.

Ah yes because it's rizwan fault. I love the meltdown. Long may it continue IN SHA ALLAH.

lol. To be fair this is true, the most powerful player is Babar. Rizwan won’t go against him. I also think imad might be upset at Babar for this reason, while Babar may not be the guy who initially dropped him, he might have been able to pressure selectors to bring imad back if he’d intervened.

It is also probably Babar who was happy with the Rizwan-Babar opening situation. If Babar wanted to break it and send Rizwan down (or himself) the order he could have. People vastly overrate the power Rizwan has, I think he feels lucky he’s in the team given how hard it was to break in. For Babar getting into the team was never even a question.

But that is what happens when you are the best player in the team. He is the generational talent. Even when he was a teenager, people were predicting he’d be the best Pakistani batsman ever. Probably told he’d captain Pakistan too. It was already a given he’d make Pakistan team and be their best batsman, it was more would he reach atg status or not. It is similar to the sway Kohli would have had in the Indian team. It’s natural. In fact I’ve heard the same arguments from Indian fans over the years ranting about Kohli’s influence on the team until Rohit took over.

The funny thing is Amir had he not be caught for fixing might have welded the same influence. It just came crashing down for him.

Might see a similar situation with Shaheen once Babar gets older too.
Yeah exactly right and very good post.

Part of the reason Babar is powerful in Pakistani cricket is because he is overwhelmingly the fan favorite player and one of the few global stars we have. Look at the reception he gets in Sri Lanka for example. Beyond that, we have had some big stars before but they were associated with scandals and issues - things Babar has never been associated with.

Of course any move made against Babar is going to be one that is going to be met with immense pressure from the majority of Pakistani cricket fans as Babar is by far the most popular Pakistani cricketer. That’s not to say he should be captain, just that it’s clear why he has as much power as he does.

The thing is, genuinely good and selfless people often tend to stay low key. It's a big blessing for Pakistan that a player like Rizwan, who let's not forget the obvious, is Pakthun in a Pakthun dominated team, is supporting a Punjabi captain. He had the opportunity to backstab, create drama and could've gathered support through lobbying but didn't. He obviously had the resources to do so through Saya and the Pakthun connection.

This just speaks volumes of his character. Rizwan, as I pointed out many times, is the glue in this team and his influence has only been positive. We need such players to create a champion team and I believe all the players, at least the core, are on page for this goal.

Also PCB did acknowledge him a few times and even gave him the prestigious award of PCB'S most valuable player in 2021.

And let's not forget that the captain himself refers to Rizwan as 'Murshad'. That's a big commendation

He has the best winning percentage in PSL as captain.
I see your point, but no one gives you award for best percentage or coming second. Its the silverware that matters. Shaheen is the one with the most silverware. Best captain of PSL.

I see your point, but no one gives you award for best percentage or coming second. Its the silverware that matters. Shaheen is the one with the most silverware. Best captain of PSL.
That’s true but it’s also not that simple because Shaheen was captaining by far the strongest side in the tournament in those wins.

MS before Rizwan had never made the playoffs and immediately upon him joining they won a championship and went to 3 more finals.

Yep Rizwan would be happy for that but deep inside would be pondering why Shan, why SSA, why Babar again but not me once. Even Shadab has played as a captain for the national side.

Rizwan's captaincy skills are known throughout the camp. I don't think there's ever been an instance of a substitute player coming into captain when the captain is off field like in the Karachi test vs New Zealand in 2022. He was seen making field changes even when Sarfraz was in the playing XI.

Rizwan's captaincy skills are known throughout the camp. I don't think there's ever been an instance of a substitute player coming into captain when the captain is off field like in the Karachi test vs New Zealand in 2022. He was seen making field changes even when Sarfraz was in the playing XI.
Yes he specifically wore his lipstick and shades for this

It was pre-planned by Babar so that he can somehow save his mate knowing Sarfaraz might have secured his position having scored a 50 in the first innings. Typical scumbags controlling Pakistan cricket

Yeah I believe the PCB don’t want to completely let their company go to waste with Rizwan at the helm of cricketing directives.

Rizwan being co-owner of Saya obviously has good business acumen. Maybe PCB would be better off if they let him handle the financial aspects 😏

That’s true but it’s also not that simple because Shaheen was captaining by far the strongest side in the tournament in those wins.

MS before Rizwan had never made the playoffs and immediately upon him joining they won a championship and went to 3 more finals.
Sure but that makes Rizwan the best captain in PSL, nope. It simply proves that Rizwan is a better t20 captain than Shan Masood, nothing else.

Another aspect of why he didn't get captaincy could be due to his tweet for supporting Gaza. Maybe it didn't sit well with the powers that be

Rizwan being co-owner of Saya obviously has good business acumen. Maybe PCB would be better off if they let him handle the financial aspects 😏
Yeah go on. Let’s see how this goes for him and PCB

Another aspect of why he didn't get captaincy could be due to his tweet for supporting Gaza. Maybe it didn't sit well with the powers that be
I think besides that his nonchalant interaction with Mohsin Naqvi was a reason too. Rizwan is not a sycophant.

Naqvi, “the undisputed champion of the world,” must know that Rizwan can serve Pakistani cricket even better as the player in the background tying it all together :rizwan

Naqvi is like this undisputed champion of the world. Hulk Hogan of cricket Administrators
Reminds me of Kevin Nash finger of doom in WCW v Hulk Hogan.

Guy is born to be a champion. Naqvi is royalty!

I think besides that his nonchalant interaction with Mohsin Naqvi was a reason too. Rizwan is not a sycophant.

Oh really? I missed this interaction, any video or reference?

I'm sure many of the players in the team had a heavy heart when forced to meet with Naqvi and the dinner with head boy

Oh really? I missed this interaction, any video or reference?

I'm sure many of the players in the team had a heavy heart when forced to meet with Naqvi and the dinner with head boy
There was some rumors that Rizwan was offered the captaincy. But these were just the online rumors so who knows.

Rizwan is the Lord Baelish of Game of Thrones. His exploitation of religion, behind the scene politics reflects that.

The wasteman gets caught lying and fantasising about Rizwan every time but calls other people liars

“Rizwan was offered captaincy” 🤡

Talking about your self?

Waste of space poster
*Credible source*

Nothing final. Naqvi has apparently shut down the suggestion proposed to him about who should be captain. He wants a captain that plays for the country first and not himself.

Not sure what this means. By the sounds of it, he isn’t satisfied with the Babar proposal.
Remember Naqvi has, “the undisputed champion of the world,” has shut down the suggestion Babar will be captain!

The wasteman gets caught lying and fantasising about Rizwan every time but calls other people liars

“Rizwan was offered captaincy” 🤡
I never said he was offered captaincy I said there were rumors online but they were just rumors online so who knows if they were true or not.

Naqvi is like this undisputed champion of the world. Hulk Hogan of cricket Administrators
*Credible source*

Nothing final. Naqvi has apparently shut down the suggestion proposed to him about who should be captain. He wants a captain that plays for the country first and not himself.

Not sure what this means. By the sounds of it, he isn’t satisfied with the Babar proposal.
Hold your horses mate

It seems as if Naqvi isn’t convinced

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, please hold your horses and try to remain calm. You can argue more effectively in a polite manner.

“tHeRe WhErE rUmOuRs RiZwAn WaS oFfEreD cAiPtAiNcY” 🤡

Whether or not the rumors are true, one thing is certain and that is - Rizwan's not desperate for captaincy
Good on him. He shouldn’t be desperate for it either. Looks like he has taken the Rock’s savage advice well. “Know your role…”

Good on him. He shouldn’t be desperate for it either. Looks like he has taken the Rock’s savage advice well. “Know your role…”

Great minds think alike. Both are the peoples champions

Mohsin Naqvi has been really close to Rizwan in the last couple of days so is Vice Captaincy coming for Mohammad Rizwan?

Made no sense to give the t20i captaincy back to babar. The sensible thing after handing the captaincy to shaheen (which shouldn't have been done in the first place) would have been to let him continue. If they were so insistent on changing the captaincy, then Rizwan would have been the reasonable choice as babar is a known quantity right now.
That's why interim chairs should have no powers in appointment and removal of personnel. The interim no 1 (sethi) wasted millions on appointing online coach in Mickey. And then interim no 2 (zaka) induced more instability by chopping and changing the captain etc leading to team becoming even more unstable and then going back to pavilion raising his bat when he should have been welcomed with flying slippers and tomatoes.
Ps not to say ramiz had been governing the team ably during his tenure

At least he can hit sixes against pacers, which Babar struggles to do.

If it is between babar or Rizwan in the 11, then it is Rizwan all day.

Rizwan would have been the perfect captain. It would end the Babar vs Shaheen debacle and he's already shown to be a better captain than both in the PSL.

As a wicket-keeper, he also has an important role in the team regardless of his form with the bat. That is important because the worst thing is a passenger who cannot be dropped because he's the captain.

He's also well respected by pretty much everyone (except salty Sarfaraz fanbois) and has more charisma and personality than Babar.

All this without even bringing up that he averages 40+ with the bat in ODIs and test cricket and 50+ in T20 cricket.

Rizwan has become a vital cog in the side reminds us of old stalwart from different sides who use to carry the teams ala Dravid for India, Kallis for SA, Chanders for WI and Sangakarra for Sl

Leg side bully

Can’t do Jack all on 4th/5th stump

Was nothing against Mark Adair (the only decent bowler Ireland had)

Hasn’t improved his off-side game where teams have worked him out

strike rate of 147 on this track and boundary dimensions. Typical rubbish player

Leg side bully

Can’t do Jack all on 4th/5th stump

Was nothing against Mark Adair (the only decent bowler Ireland had)

Hasn’t improved his off-side game where teams have worked him out

strike rate of 147 on this track and boundary dimensions. Typical rubbish player
He played AlrightE, real test will be against england.

Please let hasan Ali bowl, I wanna see rizwan and babar chase 250 😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Back