Why Misbah is still in the ODI Team!

In 2nd innings chases

Michael Hussey= 25% of matches finished "not out"
Misbah Ul Haq=27% of matches finished "not out"

Misbah is a conundrum At mo hes batting like a batting legend - scoring good scores regularly at a good rate n taking us to victory

But the problem in past has been hes more heavily favoured the asterix next to his name at the expense of doing his best fr the team to win

For some1 who is well capable of scoring at a good rate hes has more often than not chose a defensive option, i hope hes learnt from the mohali lesson- that he ll only be rated by the number if games he wins fr pakistan and not by his bloated avge

Last edited:
One thing is for sure. There have been some people that have clearly lost their futile arguments during this thread based on semi final overreaction whom are now hiding! :p

no body is hiding buddy...we are all here!!! and I have made it clear, it doesn't matter if Misbah is the 2nd coming of Bradman for the rest of his career...he's never going to be a winner for me!!!

no body is hiding buddy...we are all here!!! and I have made it clear, it doesn't matter if Misbah is the 2nd coming of Bradman for the rest of his career...he's never going to be a winner for me!!!

I hope you read comment #242

out ho to ghalat, not out raho tab bhi ghalat...:13:

You either hate him or love him.

He's performing with the bat - yes he's isn't the best player to watch, yes on several occasions he doesn't deliver when it's really needed and yes in several games his SR isn't that impressive but...

There's no doubt that he's done heck' of a good job since his comeback, the average in the longer format of the game and ODI's speak for itself... He's scoring runs.

I guess Misbah is a case of... Your either going to hate him or love him, strange case indeed but yet again a good performance from him and also a good strike rate, let's hope he can keep it up.

I have my doubts if Windies can get Misbah out this series (First odi he got himself out), He is rocksolid

Im sensing some double tons in the Tests.

^^^ which is why comparing him to Mike Hussey is criminal like OP did...Misbah hasn't delivered on the occasions we really needed him to!

Bottomline Misbah is a disgrace. This is not the first time he has cost Pakistan dearly with his phattu approach. I had highlighted this like a billion times way back in 2009 only for my concerns to be dismissed by some influential people here "Misbah has proven that while form is temporary, class is permanent"
I could care less for whatever Misbah achieves as a batsman from here on end, bottom line is he will go down as Pakistan's greatest choker whose complete lack of international temperament in-spite of his advanced age, educational qualifications ended up costing Pakistan the T-20 WC final in 2007, the 2011 WC Semi Final. I totally regret his flukish run of good form in 2007, in the end it just turned out to be the catalyst for the worst ever thing to have ever happened to Pakistani Cricket.

Misbah must forever stained by this whenever he goes out onto the streets of Pakistan.

Well Said, He has apparently lost the two most important games for us in the past decade.

There are 6 batting slots!

To say Misbah doesnt deserve at least 1 of them at the mo is criminal!

not much statistical difference b/w the two but if it came down to it in a REAL crunch situation against a REAL opponent, Mike Hussey would trump Misbah ANYDAY!!!

Agreed,....

But the very fact that Misbah is even remotely comparable is a result in my book.

Misbah seems to do well when we r chasing low scores.

does anyone know of any games he won for us chasing 300+?

Agreed,....

But the very fact that Misbah is even remotely comparable is a result in my book.

LOL that's the thing he's not...stats are highly misleading sometimes...Hussey is on a different level! he's played amazing knocks at the test level under pressure against TOP sides...most recent one being his 195 against England at MCG with Aus 4/42...

it's laughable to even compare Misbah to Mr.Cricket...

^^ don't forget 2010 t20 WC semifinal against us, and then the sydney test. though kamran akmal deserves more credit for that.

LOL that's the thing he's not...stats are highly misleading sometimes...Hussey is on a different level! he's played amazing knocks at the test level under pressure against TOP sides...most recent one being his 195 against England at MCG with Aus 4/42...

it's laughable to even compare Misbah to Mr.Cricket...

Agreed (ish).

IMO its a distant comparison...

ie - A poor mans Hussey....

But given the state of our batting line-up at the mo... I'll take that.

^^ don't forget 2010 t20 WC semifinal against us, and then the sydney test. though kamran akmal deserves more credit for that.

ya I know, was just giving the most recent one...but those knocks are definitely what puts Hussey on another level...even in that Sydney test, despite the drops, Hussey didn't exactly throw his wicket away and remained not out...the fact that Danish was producing wicket taking chances of Hussey proves that Huss was willing to stick it out and play for the team despite things not going his way initially...

There are 6 batting slots!

To say Misbah doesnt deserve at least 1 of them at the mo is criminal!

I don't have any problem with Misbah in lineup but don't you think that 'at least' should be 'at max'? he can't take two slots you know :p

know of any other pak batsmen good at chasing 300 plus?

Misbah is by far our best batsman, the fact that most dont like shows the reason why we are not producing batsmen that can occupy the crease

know of any other pak batsmen good at chasing 300 plus?

Misbah is by far our best batsman, the fact that most dont like shows the reason why we are not producing batsmen that can occupy the crease

Maybe you are confused but when someone says they want batsmen to occupy the crease, it means to rotate the strike, play sensibly. Not to tuk-tuk yourself to the wicket forcing other batsmen to get out trying to make up for your lack of scoring.

Misbah's problem is in the mind, technically, he is the best Pak batsman currently.

not much statistical difference b/w the two but if it came down to it in a REAL crunch situation against a REAL opponent, Mike Hussey would trump Misbah ANYDAY!!!

Exactly. He has had the "Hussey" effect. It's not a laughable comparison. It's more applicable than you may think. Hussey is at a higher level than him overall partly because he has played more and was born into a better side but if there is one batsmen in the Pakistan side that had has the brains, brightness, ability to finish & match awareness which Hussey possesses it is Misbah. Ask any guy which has worked under him & they will confirm this. Misbah is the "Mr Cricket" of Pakistan. He has those cricketing qualities and on field characteristics which make him the ideal package to have in your side for any format.

I will repeat Misbah has delivered on the big stage. 2007 ICC WT20 speaks for itself.

Misbah is in the form of his life. Pak has to play him in all ODIs.

Having seen so many Pakistani collapses recently, I would say Misbah is a must for ODIs

Let me sum up what Inzamam said about Misbah's batting. Il translate it

"And ofcourse i just could not understand Misbah's batting at all. He played 42 dot balls out of the 73 deliveries he played. Everytime Umar Akmal took the initiative to attack the bowler by hitting him for a six on his first ball, he took a single on the next ball only for Misbah to block the last 4 deliveries. The same pattern continued for the remaining overs. If you do not put pressure on the opposition bowlers they will never ever give you any free runs. You have to take the initiative. When Pakistan needed to bat at a run rate of 6 an over, Misbah batted at a run rate of 2, When 8 rpo were required Misbah batted at a rr of 5 and when 15 runs po over required, he batted at a run rate of 8. In Cricket you cannot hope against of hope that you will score 15 runs of the last few deliveries, its just not possible"

Bottomline Misbah is a disgrace. This is not the first time he has cost Pakistan dearly with his phattu approach. I had highlighted this like a billion times way back in 2009 only for my concerns to be dismissed by some influential people here "Misbah has proven that while form is temporary, class is permanent"

I could care less for whatever Misbah achieves as a batsman from here on end, bottom line is he will go down as Pakistan's greatest choker whose complete lack of international temperament in-spite of his advanced age, educational qualifications ended up costing Pakistan the T-20 WC final in 2007, the 2011 WC Semi Final. I totally regret his flukish run of good form in 2007, in the end it just turned out to be the catalyst for the worst ever thing to have ever happened to Pakistani Cricket.

Misbah must forever stained by this whenever he goes out onto the streets of Pakistan.

Some harsh words there. Yes he played poorly in the semi-final against India and deserves criticism for that.

However, to say Misbah cost us the T20 final in 07 is frankly pathetic and very ill-informed.

Today was ANOTHER prime example of why Misbah is still in the team :14:.

He showed composure and calmness till the very end, did not give his wicket away unlike the "captain" and played a important role in the vital win over ODI.

Here's his interview and look at the bold bit...

The wicket wasnt easy for us as there was bit more bounce and pace. I thought I have to bat till the end and we can win. The ball gets soft as it gets old and you can handle it easily. With the new ball, Rampaul and Roach bowled really well and kept us in pressure. I was telling Wahab to play normal game. When just 10 runs were required, I told him, you can now go for one or two big hits." That explains Wahab's belligerence.

Just shows how important he is to the youngsters, clearly has the captaincy materials in him hence why he's the captain of the toughest format of the game.

You either hate him or love him - you either hate his style of play but admire his contribution to the game, the bottom line is that Misbah is averaging over 45+ I believe and continues to soldier on, top stuff :14:

Matches won and lost..... when Misbah has played.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=2;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=1;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

1) He has been in a winning side 48 out of his 72 innings...

2) Look at each of the scorecards (excluding WC Semi) where he was playing when we lost.... and then look at his indivdial contribution!

I think this HAS to silence ANY doubters?

And again....

Winning side 49 out of 73.

Last edited:
Maybe you are confused but when someone says they want batsmen to occupy the crease, it means to rotate the strike, play sensibly. Not to tuk-tuk yourself to the wicket forcing other batsmen to get out trying to make up for your lack of scoring.

So u can't name one.

Just deal with it that Misbah is our best bat

If you don't like it then go watch gully cricket

Our team doesn't need supporters like you

Umer akmal afridi , 12-3 shows the temperament of your line up

Misbah has scored 7 half centuries in 14 ODIs this year + 35, 37, 43*. Mr consistent. Solid as a rock wall. Really smart operator.

Only if we had the equivalent of an Alan Border Medal like Ceremony he would have clearly been the player of the year.

Did you know in 2nd innings chases he has been "no" 37% of times.

The wicket yesterday was more challenging & required "proper" batsmen in the team.

I was fighting with everyone on the forum for Misbah's inclusion

Glad he has proven you haters wrong

He could have truly been one of the highest achieving finest batsmen Pakistan ever produced if he was treated with an extended run of opportunities earlier in his career. The likes of Inzy blocked his way from making it into the team at an earlier stage when Misbah should have been playing. Inzy was a great but he advanced the careers of negatives like Butt, Kamran & Malik whereas prevented the likes of Hasan Raza & Misbah Ul Haq & even Ajmal really getting their chances to play where they deserved. Misbah was an unlucky guy who was a victim of politics in his younger days.

Nevertheless, in the proportion of matches he has played his statistics are absolutely formidable-a true high achieving figure across all formats. Splendid stuff from Pakistan's Mr Cricket. He deserves support, appreciation, praise & credit from his fan base. He is a significant team presence/asset. The intellect, consistency & stability stand out above everything else. Misbah is an absolute champion.

The run machine, solid as a rock wall, Mr Consistent, the finisher, the coolness and brightness of the team, the guider and groomer for youngsters & an excellent captain. What more could you ask for........!!!!

wow Maaz just wow did u just say INZI was keeping MISS-BLAH out??? and AJMAL??? :))) :))) :)))

u'r losing sanity day by day by being a Miss-BLAH lover!!!

Pakistan didnt need Miss-BLAH all those years because we had champions like Inzi, YK, and Moyo already present...Hasan Raza was garbage whenever he played for Pakistan, nothing special and actually 100 times worser than Misbah when it comes to rotating strike (I saw him from debut onwards) and as for Ajmal, we had KANERIA filling the job of being our no.1 spinner....seriously get a grip...you are losing urself with this Loser (Hero in ur opinion) Worship!!!

Last edited:
wow Maaz just wow did u just say INZI was keeping MISS-BLAH out??? and AJMAL??? :))) :))) :)))

u'r losing sanity day by day by being a Miss-BLAH lover!!!

Pakistan didnt need Miss-BLAH all those years because we had champions like Inzi, YK, and Moyo already present...Hasan Raza was garbage whenever he played for Pakistan, nothing special and actually 100 times worser than Misbah when it comes to rotating strike (I saw him from debut onwards) and as for Ajmal, we had KANERIA filling the job of being our no.1 spinner....seriously get a grip...you are losing urself with this Loser (Hero in ur opinion) Worship!!!

Hmm, are you trying to say Misbah is not a Smooth Operator? :raja

I was fighting with everyone on the forum for Misbah's inclusion

Glad he has proven you haters wrong

Sallu bhai, when PAK team needed him most and he was batting well-set then why couldn't he rotate strike? He was the sole reason RRR was climbing up so quickly.

Inability to rotate strike was the reason we lost in the biggest match ever.

I'm sorry but nothing will make up for the emotional pain during that Semi-Final.

I respect others opinions on Misbah, even if I don't agree with them but he is no hero in my book and many others.

It's true that the Stats are impressive from Misbah. :farhat

I won't lie that he has been scoring, but its his approach of scoring that is bad and which led us to a Semi-Final defeat.

Stats can't tell you context.

It's true that the Stats are impressive from Misbah. :farhat

I won't lie that he has been scoring, but its his approach of scoring that is bad and which led us to a Semi-Final defeat.

Stats can't tell you context.

But if his method works more often than not...

Then surely the semi was an error in applying the MISBAH style...

Rather than the MISBAH style itself?

most of those matches we won and Misbah supposedly made a winning contribution in were dead rubbers more often than not...

But if his method works more often than not...

Then surely the semi was an error in applying the MISBAH style...

Rather than the MISBAH style itself?

See the MISBAH style works while chasing low totals..

In Mohali guy struggled to rotate strike and all of a sudden near the end he had all the shots in the book?

I don't ask for him to hit a 6 every ball :afridi

His inability to rotate strike cost us the most important one ever.

Miss-Blah in the recently concluded SA ODI series in UAE failed in the 1st 2 matches...especially the 287 chase in which Razzaq blasted tht magical 100...so for anyone saying Misbah is the most shrewd brain needs to rethink their definition of 'shrewd brain'

even in that match Misbah was doing his tuk-tuk :facepalm:

truth is, in matches with high stakes against good teams, Misbah always chokes!!! history says it so! and no body can change tht fact!!!

Misbah at best is a good batsman nothing more nothing less...calling him a great is an insult to real GREAT batsmen in the game!

Last edited:
Misbah Ul Haq has an eye for talent. He recommended Saeed Ajmal for national selection when the team did not have a front line spinner in ODIs with the exception of Afridi+Malik. Misbah and Ajmal played for the same domestic team. The selectors fully listened and responded to Misbah's call as vice captain during this period of time by selecting Ajmal for the 2008 Asia Cup. He made his debut against India in a match where Misbah captained and scored an unbeaten 70* to guide his team over the line.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/335355.html

Ajmal has an enormous amount of respect and credit for Misbah to get him where he is nowadays and give Pakistan the results he has!

See the MISBAH style works while chasing low totals..

In Mohali guy struggled to rotate strike and all of a sudden near the end he had all the shots in the book?

I don't ask for him to hit a 6 every ball :afridi

His inability to rotate strike cost us the most important one ever.

Hafeezs brain fart was more to blame...

The 9 dropped catches off Tendulkar were more to blame...

Bowling Hafeez to Tendu and saving Ajmals overs for Raina... was more to blame...

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=110258

The above are things that YOU CAN EASILY CONTROL!

Misbahs innings was just him failing in the pressure of the situation! Something that you cant really control!

I am not gona waste my time on this useless batsman to go and look up those stats...I have seen him since 2007 and I have seen enough of his choke jobs when the pressure is on...

let me give u just ONE example right out of top of my mind...2007 ODI series vs SA, 5th ODI at Lahore with series tied 2-2 and Pakistan needing just 36 runs with 6 wickets in hand in 10 freaking overs to seal its 1st ever Bilateral ODI series win over South Africa , what did Miss-Blah do??? u guessed it, he choked and threw away his wicket...

'nuff said!!!

Last edited:
I am not gona waste my time on this useless batsman to go and look up those stats...I have seen him since 2007 and I have seen enough of his choke jobs when the pressure is on...

let me give u just ONE example right out of top of my mind...2007 ODI series vs SA, 5th ODI at Lahore with series tied 2-2 and Pakistan needing just 36 runs with 6 wickets in hand in 10 freaking overs to seal its 1st ever Bilateral ODI series win over South Africa , what did Miss-Blah do??? u guessed it, he choked and threw away his wicket...

'nuff said!!!

He wasn't the only one.

Yousuf/Afridi also failed to deliver in the ODI series decider against England last summer with the series poised 2-2 and Pakistan having received a good start from Kamran+Hafeez chasing 257.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared...et/scorecards/2010/9/85463/html/scorecard.stm

'nuff said!!!

Afridi was the one who choked big time in that match.

In the 2007 Final he got a first ball duck :))

Razzaq's 3 top order wickets during his opening spell made the biggest difference in the 2009 T20 WC Final and not Afridi's batting as Pakistan were only chasing under 140.

T20 '07 Afridi choked as a batsman in the final, but as a player overall his contributions with the ball were a MAJOR reason why we were in the final in the first place and that's also why he was the player of tournament in T20 '07...besides, Afridi won us the T20 '09 WC and again could've been the player of the tournament but ICC inexplicably gave it to Dilshan...what has Misbah done except for leading us to defeat in the biggest match of our history by miles in last 15 yrs???

Last edited:
difference b/w Afridi and Misbah, one brought us WC Glory, the latter robbed us of it!!! :69:

I repeat.

-He was the 3rd leading run scorer in the 2007 T20 WC and got Pakistan on the absolute brink of clinching the title when no one expected after the middle order collapse. He played like a champion under pressure. Misbah and Nazir were the only batsmen which clicked during that final. Others could have done better. He fought hard & took the game to the wire from the jaws of defeat. It's absurd to blame him for the loss. He individually performed on the big stage.

-He was part of the squad which played in the 2009 T20 WC. He was part of it just like everyone else.

-He was Pakistan's highest run scorer in the 2011 ICC CWC and a key member of the team success in reaching the semis including 3 half centuries and a vital 37* when everyone else faltered.

-Lastly its totally unfair to summarise people's whole careers by referring to one of 2 games in pressure which can be a killer for even the best in the business.

T20 '07 Afridi choked as a batsman in the final, but as a player overall his contributions with the ball were a MAJOR reason why we were in the final in the first place and that's also why he was the player of tournament in T20 '07...besides, Afridi won us the T20 '09 WC and again could've been the player of the tournament but ICC inexplicably gave it to Dilshan...what has Misbah done except for leading us to defeat in the biggest match of our history by miles in last 15 yrs???

I don't agree. Dilshan made 300 runs that tournament and also hit 96*.. he just choked in the Final.

I think people need to realise that this is a team game - not an individual sport!

When we won the T20 competition.... What really stood out was that everyone contributed!

Misbah is not there to win matches on his own... that is not his style...

He makes a vital contribution that others can play around...

If you lose him.... It wouldnt matter if Afridi hits a quickfire 20-30.... you'd still be miles away from the target!

I repeat!

All matches

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...al1=span;team=7;template=results;type=batting

Matches Won

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...al1=span;team=7;template=results;type=batting

Matches Lost

and...

Matches won and lost..... when Misbah has played.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=2;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=1;template=results;type=batting;view=innings

1) He has been in a winning side 49 out of his 73 innings...

2) Look at each of the scorecards (excluding WC Semi) where he was playing when we lost.... and then look at his indivdial contribution!

Last edited:
Hang on if Misbah failed what does that make Younis Khan as a batsmen (not captain)? He has not done it in the high profile games either whereas Misbah has? Blaming is unnecessary. It is a team game.

and there in lies the difference b/w Sachin and MISS-BLAH...former is a proven match winner, the latter can NEVER win u matches on his own...you guys basically ended your own argument...

difference b/w Younis Khans, the Afridis, and the Miss-Blahs...the former 2 despite failures have also delivered on big stages...Miss-Blah so far just has failures and it's not that he's failed due to opposition just being 2 damn good, it has been his own fault all the time because of his brain freezes in crunch situations...

and we are holding Miss-Blah against such standards because he's being touted as some 'great' batsman by many on this board...well if he was a great, he'd be bound to deliver a couple times, but nop! he has FAILED time and time again!!! not a single contribution comes to mind which led to Pakistan winning a series or a big match against a top quality opponent in high stakes match...Afridi & Younis Khan have already done it many times over...

though I'll give Misbah the recent NZ series as the only series he did something, but even in that case NZ is ranked below us and we are a far superior team, so we were expected to beat them...

Last edited:
Hang on if Misbah failed what does that make Younis Khan as a batsmen (not captain)? He has not done it in the high profile games either whereas Misbah has? Blaming is unnecessary. It is a team game.

Younis Khan has played several big innings in crunch situations...especially against INDIA...he's a superior test batsman and that's all we really need to look at...

and there in lies the difference b/w Sachin and MISS-BLAH...former is a proven match winner, the latter can NEVER win u matches on his own...you guys basically ended your own argument...

difference b/w Younis Khans, the Afridis, and the Miss-Blahs...the former 2 despite failures have also delivered on big stages...Miss-Blah so far just has failures and it's not that he's failed due to opposition just being 2 damn good, it has been his own fault all the time because of his brain freezes in crunch situations...

and we are holding Miss-Blah against such standards because he's being touted as some 'great' batsman by many on this board...well if he was a great, he'd be bound to deliver a couple times, but nop! he has FAILED time and time again!!! not a single contribution comes to mind which led to Pakistan winning a series or a big match against a top quality opponent in high stakes match...Afridi & Younis Khan have already done it many times over...

though I'll give Misbah the recent NZ series as the only series he did something, but even in that case NZ is ranked below us and we are a far superior team, so we were expected to beat them...

Im sorry but your measure for quantifying a players contribution to success is flawed....

A guy who has reformed, united, stabilised and transformed the fortunes of the national 11 is a clear winner...

A guy who leads his nation to a Test Series win for the first time in over 4 years is a clear winner..

A guy who has an average of over 100+ as test captain is a clear winner...........

A guy who can play Test Cricket with consistency & lead with stature+purpose+application is a clear winner...........

A guy who has scored 12 out of his 16 ODI half centuries in winning causes is a clear winner....

A guy who has been the leading run scorer for his team at a high average in successful tournament campaigns like the 2007 ICC WT20 & 2011 ICC CWC is a clear winner....

A guy who has reformed, united, stabilised and transformed the fortunes of the national 11 is a clear winner...

A guy who leads his nation to a Test Series win for the first time in over 4 years is a clear winner..

A guy who has an average of over 100+ as test captain is a clear winner...........

A guy who can play Test Cricket with consistency & lead with stature+purpose+application is a clear winner...........

A guy who has scored 12 out of his 16 ODI half centuries in winning causes is a clear winner....

A guy who has been the leading run scorer for his team at a high average in successful tournament campaigns like the 2007 ICC WT20 & 2011 ICC CWC is a clear winner....

your Miss-Blah worship will come crashing down as soon as we go to play a test series against Australia, England, and South Africa in their backyards...Misbah played in 2 tests against Australia in Australia, what happened there??? FAILED

and we are only ranked 6th in test cricket, not exactly a reversal of fortunes in our cricket now is it???

Same 'winner' who chickened out in chasing 100 off 35 overs in the last session of a test match against NZ with a solid partner in Shafiq and more than enough capable tail to support him...ya sure he's a winner...NOT!!!

at best he should only be a part of the test team because his tuk tuk game is best suited for that format...but to call him a winner, please don't insult the actual winners by putting Misbah alongside them...

Im sorry but your measure for quantifying a players contribution to success is flawed....

great batsman deliver on big stages a few times in their careers and that's how they are remembered...stats come into play later, but you remember great players for their performances in big matches...

Misbah is an average to good batsman at best...not a great by any means...

your Miss-Blah worship will come crashing down as soon as we go to play a test series against Australia, England, and South Africa in their backyards...Misbah played in 2 tests against Australia in Australia, what happened there??? FAILED

and we are only ranked 6th in test cricket, not exactly a reversal of fortunes in our cricket now is it???

Same 'winner' who chickened out in chasing 100 off 35 overs in the last session of a test match against NZ with a solid partner in Shafiq and more than enough capable tail to support him...ya sure he's a winner...NOT!!!

Yeah we could've easily chased that.. He told Shafiq not to hit either.. You could tell the lad wanted to win it for his country. :shafiq

Yeah we could've easily chased that.. He told Shafiq not to hit either.. You could tell the lad wanted to win it for his country. :shafiq

exactly, Shafiq had more guts to go after it but I remember what Misbah did to Shafiq when Shafiq hit a 6 to Vettori...shameful stuff...Misbah forced Shafiq into blocking everything and that led to Shafiq getting out...hahaha what a 'smart' captain

Bottom line is we needed to save the Test to WIN THE SERIES and win a test series for the first time in over 4 damn years!

Why even think about giving the opposition the slightest of sniffs?

Chasing in the 4th innings is never easy especially when your team is Pakistan.

It was a captain's knock under pressure & Shafiq played a blinder: 85 balls with men surrounding him & desperately looking for his wicket. The innings was admirable in its own way.

Fans are treating this Test played at the Basin Reserve as if Pakistan were trailing 1-0 in the series & had absolutely nothing to lose.

Last edited:
there u go, u'r truly a Miss-Blah fan Maaz...thinking defensively...

by saying that you are basically undermining Misbah's abilities to lead us to victory :)))

it was shameful to see Misbah block everything and when Shafiq tried scoring he was told to also go on defense...disgraceful stuff from the test skipper...

if this situation is repeated again in another test match or test matches to come, Misbah will do the same thing...ask his batsmen to block and go for the draw...

For a team which had not won a Test Series in over 4 years - a draw is a tremendous & thoroughly encouraging result.

There is a time when a draw has the psychological feeling of a win i.e. against South Africa in UAE. The number 2 ranked Test side were unable to bowl out Pakistan when they were in command of the game both times & had Pakistan with their backs against the wall.

Since Misbah has taken over with Test Captaincy all outcomes have been memorable, positive, worthy of celebration & heartening. That is what we want at the end of the day.....

All these runs are irrelevant and useless. Misbah will never ever be mentioned alongside the likes of Miandad, Zaheer Abbass Inzamam, Yousaf, Younis because he has always bottled it against the top teams, he has always bottled it in pressure situations, he tuk tuk's when his position in the team is solid and then all of a sudden starts rotating the strike, playing attacking shots when his position is in jeapordy. The guy is not incapable or incompetent, just plain selfish.

He is just a bad series away from being dropped. These useless runs against a B grade team like the West Indies is not going to change anything. 20-30 years from now, the only memory people will have of Misbah is his shameful, disgraceful, tuk tuk tuk tuk effort against India and many similar efforts since 2007 as well.

This stigma will remain attached to Misbah's name forever.

Mark my words: We will win or successfully draw a Test Series against Sri Lanka later this year under Misbah's captaincy. We will not lose a series under him.

Back