Will the PTI Government survive a vote of no confidence?

Will the PTI Government survive a vote of no confidence?

• Total voters
:))) enjoying what i am watching right now.

They made govt by joining hands with mqm, that same mqm which had become clean all of a sudden for pti fans.

And now mqm backstabs pti... I think pti should do another jalsa...

Parvez elahi was made cm, pti fans did bhangra thinking what a great move by imran, and now this....

Thank god it saved us from pervez elahi.

Tabdeeli jaree haii :))

How? He can still be CM Punjab with PTI and PML Q alliance.

Parvez elahi was made cm, pti fans did bhangra thinking what a great move by imran, and now this....

Tabdeeli jaree haii :))

It was a great move because he would be CM either way. Either allied with the oppoistion or with PTI. At least now if PTI loses federal they can still have Punjab. Will PML N want federal without Punjab? Im not sure and i think they might be inclined for early elections.

Once IK leaves office, that will be it for his political career. Do you seriously think the likes of PML N, PPP will spare him? I am seriously worried for his life and security. IK has upset the US

He will be elected leader of the opposition. His party should still hold Punjab and KPK, and he has a good as chance as anyone in the next elections.

He needs to go into election mode, and start holding jalasas across the country starting with interior Sindh.

But first get rid of the lotas, especially the ones on the reserved seats. Only way a lota should be part of PTI is if the lota is absolutely needed to win a seat in that constituency.

He will be elected leader of the opposition. His party should still hold Punjab and KPK, and he has a good as chance as anyone in the next elections.

He needs to go into election mode, and start holding jalasas across the country starting with interior Sindh.

But first get rid of the lotas, especially the ones on the reserved seats. Only way a lota should be part of PTI is if the lota is absolutely needed to win a seat in that constituency.

Why can’t he give seats to common folk with no political connections like Kejriwal does? That gimmick seems to be working for him.

I used to equate Imran Khan and his party to Kejriwal and Aam Aadmi party but while both turned out to be just another politician but they had similar ideologies (minus the religious rhetoric with IK)

What is stopping him from giving seats to such people? I am not confronting, genuine question.

Why can’t he give seats to common folk with no political connections like Kejriwal does? That gimmick seems to be working for him.

I used to equate Imran Khan and his party to Kejriwal and Aam Aadmi party but while both turned out to be just another politician but they had similar ideologies (minus the religious rhetoric with IK)

What is stopping him from giving seats to such people? I am not confronting, genuine question.

This will happen now. The tickets for next elections would most likely go to organic people of PTI. As they say 'deir aaye par durust aaye'.

This will happen now. The tickets for next elections would most likely go to organic people of PTI. As they say 'deir aaye par durust aaye'.

PTI tried that in 2013 but realized that in Pakistan you need to have the local chaudry, wadera, feudal godfather etc etc on board for you to actually win elections. In 2013 IK was head and shoulders the most popular leader in the country by a country mile and still only managed 30 odd seats.

In 2018 they learnt their lesson and kind of went against their principles and brought onboard the 'electables'. Now suffering the consequences of it as these 'electables' are easily purchased by the highest bidder. That is why British style democracy is a failure in Pakistan. People elect these electables who in turn elect a PM. While directly elected President would better suit Pakistan.

1. First the entire opposition said that letter is fake.

2. Then the entire opposition said to IK to reveal the letter.

3. Then Islamabad High Court says that IK cannot reveal the letter. It’s an order.

Lol.

Anyhow, it will make I.K more stronger, and in 2023 he wont be needing any alliances InshAllah.

I hope, now my point has been proven to [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] when i repeatedly said that this VONC is presented at the orders of You know who. If you are still denying the facts, then i am really sorry for your conditions.

Still, congratulations :) But inshAllah after an year, IK will be back.

The Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) on Wednesday parted ways with the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Pakistan (PTI) after it announced its support for the opposition parties on their no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan.

The MQM-P's move announced during a press conference -- attended by MQM-P leaders alongside the leadership of the joint opposition -- is enough to give opposition parties a clear edge over the treasury benches in the National Assembly required to send the premier packing.

After deliberating for weeks, the opposition parties finally managed to persuade the government’s coalition partner to go against the PM on the no-confidence motion, and now with the MQM-P’s support, the government has apparently lost its majority in the assembly.

The MQM-P came in the position to make or break the government after PML-Q decided to side with the government when the premier took resignation from Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar and offered the same position to PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi in exchange for party’s support on the no-trust motion against the premier.

Though the resignation has not yet been accepted, MQM-P’s move has left both PTI and PML-Q red-faced as they have lost three crucial wickets — PM Imran, CM Buzdar and would-be CM Elahi — on a single delivery.

With MQM-P siding with the opposition, the opposition officially now has more than the required numbers to oust PM Imran’s government through the vote of no confidence even without the PTI’s roughly two dozen dissidents.

The decision was announced in a press conference of the joint opposition front and MQM-P leadership after both sides reached written agreements, assuring MQM-P that all their demands would be fulfilled.

The MQM-P has been asking the government and the opposition to answer its demands in writing, saying the party would side with whoever would come up with a better response as it has to go back to its voters and supporters.

The demands included the opening of the party’s offices, recovery of "missing" party workers, discarding of “fake” cases against party leadership and workers, among other things.

Sources said that the opposition leadership, especially PPP, put a blank paper before MQM-P and asked it to write down all its demands as they would all be accepted.

Both sides had reached an agreement last night and were ready to announce the decision late Tuesday night but after delaying it till 3 am, they decided to hold the press conference.

Two MQM-P federal ministers, Faroogh Naseem and Aminul Haq have also resigned from their portfolios and sent resignation letters to the premier.

The suspense in the wake of the no-confidence motion gripped the country for the past several weeks and everything else was put on the back burner: the only thing that continued by PM Imran was the use of inappropriate language, resorting to name-calling, and luring the allies and dissident members through requests and threats.

Addressing the gathered media, Shehbaz urged the prime minister to resign and start a new chapter in the political history of Pakistan. “I don’t think he will resign but it’s a hope against hope,” he added.

He said the agreement made with the MQM-P will be implemented in letter and spirit.

Speaking at the presser, Bilawal said he was thankful to the MQM-P for making a decision to split ranks with the government for the sake of Karachi, Sindh, and Pakistan. “It is a historic decision,” he said referring to the MQM-P’s decision.

He said MQM-P and PPP have worked together for the uplift of Karachi and Pakistan. The dialogue between PPP and MQM-P has been going on for a long time and “I offered MQM-P to work together” during the Senate elections, he added.

The 'selection' during the 2018 elections was a conspiracy against the entire country, he added.

PM Imran has lost the majority in the House, he said, adding that in addition to MQM-P, Aslam Bhootani, Shahzain Bugti, Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) have joined the opposition.

"PM Imran has completely lost his majority," he said, adding that the premier should resign as he has no other option.

"He is not the prime minister anymore, either resign or come to parliament on Thursday to face the no-trust motion," he said while addressing PM Imran.

The PPP chief said Shehbaz Sharif will soon be elected as the prime minister, adding that he was thankful to all the opposition parties for waging a 'historic democratic struggle' against the PTI government.

"We will bring more good news for the people for Pakistan," he added.

Siddiqui hoped this new arrangement would bring changes in the lives of ordinary people as well.

JUI-F and PDM chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman welcomed the MQM-P's decision. "This decision will definitely benefit the country and the nation," he added.

"The drama that started over three years ago has met its end today," he added.

He was thankful to the political workers for making sacrifices to 'get rid' of this government and added that the opposition wanted to bring a 'healthy political atmopshere' to the country. Fazl also urged other lawmakers to join the opposition and become part of the national mainstream.

The opposition has 175 lawmakers while it needed only 172 votes to oust the premier, he added.

In response to the allegations by the premier of a foreign-funded conspiracy, Fazl said Imran was brought to power through a conspiracy.

Speaking at the presser, MQM-P chief Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui said today was a "day for prayers".

The MQM-P leader said that they joined the opposition so that they could strive for democracy which could benefit the common people and Pakistan.

Siddiqui said he hoped that those who disappear people were not a part of a civilized nation and there was a need to turn the struggle for the recovery of missing persons into a national struggle and put an end to this practice.

Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M) President Akhtar Mengal said as a former ally, "I request you to step down as you have lost the majority."

‘Step down’, Maryam tells PM

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Nawaz, in a reference to Premier Imran, said that his reign of incompetence utter destruction stood defeated both inside and outside parliament.

"You have not only lost the majority but moral authority. STEP DOWN," she wrote on her Twitter handle.

DAWN

It’s ideal situation for IK to rally the people in an us vs them fight. Even army will have to relent. It also spares any justification of performance or incumbency. It’s like a fresh mandate.

Imran Khan recognises importance of Pakistani Army: Minister

Fawad Hussain, a minister in the Imran Khan government, told the media that the Imran Khan-led government "recognises the importance" of the Pakistani Army.

The statement comes hours after PM Imran Khan met General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of the Army Staff of Pakistani Army and ISI chief Lt General Nadeem Anjum in Islamabad.

A joint meeting of the opposition is underway at Sindh House in Islamabad hours after opposition leaders held a press conference demanding PM Imran Khan's resignation.

Reports suggest that among those present at the meeting in Sindh House are a number of leaders of Imran Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e Insaf, including legislator Aamir Liaquat.

He should and can do that in urban areas like Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad. However in places like interior Sindh only an electable can win. So he has to be pragmatic.

Also he tried to run with people without political connections in 1997 and 2002. He won zero seats in 1997, and only the seat of his hometown in 2002. He than boycotted 2008 election, and in 2013 elections he used electables and finally won a decent number of seats, however he was still third place. in 2018 he increased the number of electables and was able to win a narrow majority. However as we are seeing now these people have no morals or ideology. The same way they came the same way they can leave.

What he should do now if he retains Punjab, is to start eliminating all the electable's who even hinted of being against him in KPK and urban Sindh. Since all the parties have joined forces he will be leader of opposition even if he loses more seats.

The big difference now is that PTI is an established political party. He does not need electables as much as he did before. Especially in urban areas.

That would be a mistake. The electables who backstabbed him should defintely go, however in interior Sindh who else can win but a wadera? If the only option is a wadera I would rather have a wadera backing IK than with PPP. I would recommend to IK to give the second biggest wadera in each constituency of Interior Sindh a PTI ticket. In places like Karachi, Lahore, etc the tickets should be given to clean people preferably from a non political background.

Also people who have been loyal to IK like Sheikh Rasheed should remain in the party.

PTI tried that in 2013 but realized that in Pakistan you need to have the local chaudry, wadera, feudal godfather etc etc on board for you to actually win elections. In 2013 IK was head and shoulders the most popular leader in the country by a country mile and still only managed 30 odd seats.

In 2018 they learnt their lesson and kind of went against their principles and brought onboard the 'electables'. Now suffering the consequences of it as these 'electables' are easily purchased by the highest bidder. That is why British style democracy is a failure in Pakistan. People elect these electables who in turn elect a PM. While directly elected President would better suit Pakistan.

They clearly made mistakes considering people on reserved seats have been backstabbing them. These people did not bring one vote on their own, so why did PTI give these seats to people like Nuzhat Pathan? She was with PPP, then PML Q, and then PTI? A loyal worker from PTI could have been given these seats.

Also filth like Amir Liaqat. Did anyone really vote for PTI in Karachi because he was joining? PTI can clean sweep Karachi in the next elections. They dont need people like him.

Surprisingly I am noticing a LOT of people that are feeling sympathy with Imy and disgust at the actions of the opposition.

Even ardent PTI haters feel sorry for him, and the appointment of Pervez Elahi was met with muted disapointed at what Imran has to do, rather than anger.

Public is rightly angry with the ****** katta activities going on and the consensus ( from what I am seeing) is that chors and dacoit politicians that were once enemies are getting together to plunder Pakistan again.

Many members of my family are PPP supporters ( loyal through bhutto days and generally more liberal) or PMLN ( PMLN gets a lot of credit in Lahore lol) and are disgusted by whats going on.

If Imran survives and this is a big IF as its looking tight....then PTI will SWEEP the next elections.

Frankly these events are par for the course when looking at the history of Pak politics. Although no confidence votes are rare, no PM has ever completed a full term in office.

PDM movements have always cropped up - a grand alliance was created against ZAB in 1977. Inevitably there's accusations of a foreign hand too.

What's made IK especially vulnerable from the start is the sheer number of coalition partners. I don't think any government has had such a small NA majority since the restoration of democracy.

They should dissolve the assemblies and call an electiom for this summer, this move may even backfire on the opposition parties.

Hours after Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) leadership reached written agreements, Sindhi nationalist parties on Wednesday expressed "serious concerns" over it.

Speaking to the media Ayaz Latif Palijo of the Qaumi Awami Tehreek (QAT) said that political parties have the right to make or break an alliance, but it should not be done at the cost of punishing the people of Sindh.

"The PPP for the sake of its own interest is selling resources of Sindh to the MQM-P and devising a plan of sharing jobs, funds and kickbacks which is not tolerable," he said, adding that in the last tenure the MQM-P, with the help of the PPP, inducted many "terrorists" in various government departments.

"It looks like the same practice is being repeated in the name of agreement between both the parties," he said.

Sindh Taraqi Pasand Party's Dr Qadir Magsi, while rejecting the agreement to appoint MQM-P administrators in various districts of Sindh, called it a grave violation of merit.

"We reject the distribution on the basis of ethnicity. This aims to control cities and towns of Sindh by appointing MQM-P administrators having a terrorist background," Magsi said, adding that his party would start the movement against the agreement and would not allow the PPP to "hijack" Sindh at the hand of the MQM-P.

Syed Zain Shah of Sindh United Party (SUP) was of the view that Sindh is not the property of the PPP to hand over it to the MQM-P and people living in the province would come out against any nefarious design to loot and plunder the resources of the province.

"We wonder whether the Sindh government is going to withdraw the terrorist cases lodged against MQM-P activists. It's one of the points in the agreement," Zain claimed.

Meanwhile, there was a hue and cry on social media as activists, writers and civil society members demanded of the PPP and other opposition parties make public the agreement with the MQM-P so that people should have an idea under what terms and condition the agreement was inked.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/235031...tionalist-parties-unhappy-with-ppp-mqm-p-pact

Am enjoying seeing many viral videos of people in Pakistan verbally lashing out at many MQM, PTI dissident politicians for betraying the country

I was uneasy about IK giving tickets to electable's instead of real pti political workers now this is going to lead to the downfall of his government. Sadly he was not able to get the new voting machines or overseas voters bills passed as I feel that is the biggest hiccup in our democracy. The current system allows manipulation be it by political parties or the establishment. And we might put the blame on army for derailing our democracy but if nothing else the last few years have shown me is humam mein tu sab nange hain politicians, judges and media.

As the opposition trains its guns on Prime Minister Imran Khan ahead of the no-confidence vote, the political earth of the country shook and seemed to tack toward the opposition after the ruling party apparently lost its majority in the National Assembly following a pull-out of its key allies.

The situation has come about in the wake of the MQM-P’s seven members crossing over to the opposition’s side after burning the midnight oil with the joint opposition and hammering out an agreement in the wee hours of Wednesday.

The development seems to have altered all previous careful calculations. Until Tuesday, the ruling coalition had a strength of 171 members and was trumpeting about having a leg up on the joint opposition. But some political observers now anticipate that the MQM-P’s withdrawal has delivered a potentially fatal blow to the PTI government, leading to a situation where thick smog of uncertainty is finally yielding to clear answers about the possible outcome.

However, amid the mercurial political climate, the question that whether or not the PTI has actually lost the majority can only be answered on the day of the vote.

Calls for resignation

As the numbers in PM Khan's favour evaporated in the National Assembly, volley after volley of statements from the emboldened opposition leaders asked the beleaguered prime minister to tender his resignation.

Addressing an important press conference in Islamabad, flanked by leaders of the joint opposition, to unveil the details of the agreements signed between the opposition and MQM-P, PML-N leader Shehbaz Sharif urged the prime minister to resign and start a new chapter in the political history of Pakistan.

“I don’t think he will resign but it’s a hope against hope,” Shehbaz Sharif said.

The meeting, chaired by Shehbaz Sharif, was also attended by 22 members of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf while 175 members of opposition parties were also present in the meeting held at the Sindh House.

Shehbaz Sharif, who is also the leader of the opposition in the National Assembly extolled the agreement as a monumental step forward for the nation, saying it was an important day in the country’s history “because a joint opposition ... a national jirga of the opposition ... has come together and efforts have been made for national unity”.

"I want to thank MQM-P and its workers who kept the wishes of the 220 million people of Pakistan [at heart] and made this decision. I am especially thankful to Asif Ali Zardari and Bilawal that through this whole process of negotiations, they kept history aside. They have initiated this journey of Pakistan's prosperity and Karachi's happiness."

Addressing the presser, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also asserted that PM Imran "has now lost majority" in the National Assembly, adding that Shehbaz will soon occupy the prime minister’s office.

The Bhutto scion said that PM Khan was no longer the premier of the country and added that the voting should be held on Thursday. “Let's hold the voting tomorrow and settle this matter. We can then start working on transparent elections and the journey towards restoration of democracy and an end to economic crisis can then begin,” the PPP chairman said.

Meanwhile, JUI-F and PDM chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, addressing the joint presser of opposition, said the embattled prime minister still had time at his disposal to "do the right thing".

"The drama that started over three years ago has met its end today," he added.

Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Vice President Maryam Nawaz also echoed the fellow leaders and said that PM Imran's reign of "incompetence and utter destruction" stood defeated both inside and outside parliament.

"You have not only lost the majority but moral authority. STEP DOWN," she wrote on her Twitter handle.

The number game

The PTI is now left with 164 members in its favour, while 177 members are expected to vote against PM Imran Khan – more numbers than required to pull off the premier's ouster through the vote. Meanwhile, the lone Jamaat lawmaker will stay neutral in the no-confidence vote.

The ruling PTI has 155 members of its own which, counted along with the four members of PML-Q, three of GAD and one each of AML and BAP, translates into 164 members (and votes in favour).

Under the Constitution, a prime minister is elected by a majority of the lower house National Assembly, which has 342 members. A candidate needs a majority of legislators, 172, to vote for him to become prime minister.

On the other hand, a number of the ruling party’s allies and members have been siding with the opposition, strengthening its numbers.

In the event of the opposition winning the no-confidence vote, Prime Minister Imran Khan will become the first head of the government in the country's history to be sent home through the no-trust vote.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2350282/calls-for-pms-resignation-rise-to-a-crescendo

I was in favour of giving IK a chance but it was all a fantasy that he will be the one to fix 40yrs of problems. Corrupt people run the world.

ISLAMABAD: The no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan will be discussed in the National Assembly during the Lower House session today (Thursday), scheduled to start at 4pm.

The NA Secretariat issued the order of the day for today on Wednesday night, with discussion on the no-trust move against the premier on the session's agenda.

Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly and PML-N President Shahbaz Sharif had tabled the no-confidence motion against PM Imran Khan on Monday — making him the third premier in Pakistan's history to face the move.

During the session, Deputy NA Speaker Qasim Suri asked the members of Parliament, who are in favour of the motion, to stand up so that their numbers could be counted. As per the Constitution, 20% of the MNAs present in the Assembly must show support for voting.

Following the counting of the members who stood up in favour of the motion, the deputy speaker approved a discussion on the no-confidence motion, adding that it will take place on Thursday, March 31, at 4pm. However, voting on the resolution is expected to take place between April 1-4.

"The resolution shall not be voted upon before the expiry of three days, or later than seven days, from the day on which the resolution is moved in the Assembly," the rules of the NA read.

The Opposition had submitted the requisition along with notice of the no-confidence resolution, in the National Assembly Secretariat on March 8. The notice of no-confidence resolution against PM Imran Khan was signed by 152 opposition members.

"This House is of the view that the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr Imran Khan, has lost the confidence of the majority of the members of the National Assembly of Pakistan, therefore, he should cease to hold office," the resolution bearing signatures of 152 opposition members said.

Rule 37(4) of Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the National Assembly says the leave to move the resolution shall be asked for after Question-Hour, if any, and before any other business entered in the order of the day.

Rule 37(5) says that the Speaker may, after considering the state of business, shall allow a day or two for discussion on the motion. As per Article 95 of the Constitution and Assembly’s rules, a resolution of no-confidence against the Prime Minister shall not be voted before the expiry of three days and not later than seven days from the day, it was moved.

GEO

Prime Minister Imran Khan has summoned a meeting of the National Security Committee (NSC) today afternoon, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said on Thursday.

The meeting will be held at the Prime Minister's House in the afternoon, he shared in a tweet.

The NSC is the highest forum for coordination on security issues.

The development comes a day after the premier decided to present a 'secret letter' — that he brandished at the PTI's March 27 rally — before parliament, in the hope that his party dissidents, as well as disgruntled PTI allies, would change their minds after becoming aware of its content and reject the opposition's motion of no-confidence against him.

The premier shared the letter with the cabinet members in a hurriedly called meeting, which was not attended by its two major allies — Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) and Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) — despite being invited, on Wednesday. It has been learnt that the letter was shown to the cabinet members on a TV screen.

PM Imran also called a selected group of TV anchors and informed them that "the language of the letter was threatening and arrogant" and that Pakistan would face dire consequences if the no-confidence motion failed.

However, the premier did not show the letter to the media.

Meanwhile, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) met PM Imran twice on Wednesday, after which some ministers claimed that neither the premier had been asked to resign nor would he opt for it.

In-camera session

In a tweet, National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaisar stated: "If the parliamentary leaders from the government and the opposition side agree, the issue of the sensitive letter can be discussed at an in-camera meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security."

"An in-camera session of the National Assembly or a joint sitting of parliament will be held in which the letter will be shared not only with the treasury benchers but also with those MNAs sitting on the opposition benches," Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry told Dawn when contacted.

The National Assembly session will resume today at 4pm after a recess of three days.

The letter

In the PTI's public meeting in Islamabad on Sunday, the premier had pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket and waved it at the crowd, claiming it was evidence of an "international conspiracy" being hatched to topple his government.

"Foreign funding is being used to change the government. Money is coming from abroad and people inside the country are being used. Some of them are unaware they are being used and some are intentionally using this money against us," he had alleged.

In a joint press conference on Tuesday, Minister for Planning and Development Asad Umar and Information Minister Chaudhry said the prime minister had agreed to present the letter to Chief Justice of Pakistan Umar Ata Bandial.

"If someone has doubts, the prime minister says if necessary, and for the people's satisfaction, he is ready to present the letter to the chief justice of the SC, as he enjoys a good reputation," Umar said, adding that only three to four people, including him, had seen the letter.

"The letter has been shared with the top civil and military leadership and only two or three cabinet members," he added.

DAWN

MNA Ali Wazir has been granted bail and he will stay in Sindh house. For those who do not know Ali Wazir, he was thrown behind bars at the direct instructions of COAS Bajwa. Now, I am convinced that the military is 110% supporting the NCV.

All political parties refused to comment on Ali Wazir’s arrest for the last 19 or so months and there was widespread protest by his supporters for his release but he was not released.

ISLAMABAD: As the Opposition’s number game gets stronger, Prime Minister Imran Khan has offered to dissolve the assembly if the no-confidence motion against him is withdrawn, Geo News reported Thursday, citing sources.

According to the sources, an “important personality” has given a message of PM Imran Khan to the Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif.

This was revealed during the meeting of the Opposition leaders today ahead of the crucial National Assembly session for the debate on the no-confidence motion.

It was shared that the premier has asked for a “safe passage” amid a deepening political crisis.

Sources further added that PM Imran Khan has said that if the Opposition doesn’t agree to his suggestion, he is ready to face any situation.

The joint Opposition reviewed the suggestion and message of the “important person” during their meeting today.

Sources, however, added that the majority of the Opposition leaders recommended not to trust PM Imran Khan and suggested asking the NA speaker for holding the voting on the motion at the earliest.

“We have the numbers. We will get benefit if the process is completed on the motion as soon as possible.”

https://www.geo.tv/latest/408614-pm-imran-khan-offers-deal-to-opposition-through-an-important-person

Pti delay tactics :))), the stupid speaker delayed it till april 3rd april, probably was told by his bosses. There were enough people in side

Apparently the news is untrue.

Which knowing by Geo is not a surprise. So members doing mujra in happiness can stop

It’s ideal situation for IK to rally the people in an us vs them fight. Even army will have to relent. It also spares any justification of performance or incumbency. It’s like a fresh mandate.

1. First the entire opposition said that letter is fake.

2. Then the entire opposition said to IK to reveal the letter.

3. Then Islamabad High Court says that IK cannot reveal the letter. It’s an order.

Lol.

Anyhow, it will make I.K more stronger, and in 2023 he wont be needing any alliances InshAllah.

I hope, now my point has been proven to [MENTION=135038]Major[/MENTION] when i repeatedly said that this VONC is presented at the orders of You know who. If you are still denying the facts, then i am really sorry for your conditions.

Still, congratulations :) But inshAllah after an year, IK will be back.

Do you guys really think that powers that removed IK will allow him to return with 2/3 majority in next elections ?

Fazlu, Shehbaz, Zardari, Bajwa, Western establishment, judiciary, all will make sure that IK remains entangled with cases and disqualifications. Most probably he will be in jail, not to mention possiblity of assassination. US tends to make an example out of anyone who dares to stand up.

Never have been this sad in my life. Only a miracle can save us now.

Do you guys really think that powers that removed IK will allow him to return with 2/3 majority in next elections ?

Fazlu, Shehbaz, Zardari, Bajwa, Western establishment, judiciary, all will make sure that IK remains entangled with cases and disqualifications. Most probably he will be in jail, not to mention possiblity of assassination. US tends to make an example out of anyone who dares to stand up.

no we will not come to power again. Remember in Pakistan you do not come to power because of vote.
He will come to power unless he makes new deal with establishment and establishment will not give him any majority. Even this time establishment used him when he tried to rule establishment they played their card to let opposition together.

THIS!

I'm devastated for imran. A genuine honest guy who tried his utmost best, but the Mafia who have built up so much corrupted resistance have No shame . The people of Pakistan who have supported these idiots deserve what's coming their way.

No-trust motion: NA session adjourned till Sunday after opposition's protest

The crucial National Assembly session to debate the no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan, which resumed after a three-day recess on Thursday, was adjourned minutes after it began.

Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri, who presided over the session, adjourned the session till 11:30am on Sunday.

At the beginning of the session, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) on Babar Awan moved a motion to adjourn the session so the assembly hall could be used for the Parliamentary Committee on National Security's meeting that is scheduled to be held at 6pm.

The motion was rejected after voting.

Subsequently, the deputy speaker opened the floor for questions. The opposition MNAs, however, continued to insist that the speaker call for a vote on the no-confidence motion today amid chants of "go Imran go".

Terming the opposition's attitude "non-serious", Suri adjourned the session till Sunday when the vote on the no-confidence motion is expected to take place.

He also announced that the meeting of the parliamentary committee would be held in Committee Room No 2.

The resolution against the embattled premier was tabled by the Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif on March 28 and it was approved for debate the very same day.

According to a 24-point agenda issued ahead of the session, the debate on the no-trust motion against the PM was fourth in order.

Yesterday, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry said Prime Minister Imran Khan had decided to present a 'secret letter' — purportedly containing details of a "foreign conspiracy" to topple his government — during an in-camera session of the NA or a joint session of parliament, however, no date for when such a session would be called was given.

The premier hopes that after becoming aware of the alleged letter's contents, his party dissidents, as well as disgruntled allies, would change their mind to vote in favour of the no-trust resolution.

Yesterday, the premier had shared the letter with the cabinet members in a hurriedly called meeting, which was not attended by its two major allies — Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) and Balochistan Awami Party (BAP) — despite being invited.

The premier had also called a selected group of TV anchors and informed them that "the language of the letter was threatening and arrogant" and that Pakistan would face dire consequences if the no-confidence motion failed.

Parliamentary committee meeting at 6pm
Following the premier's decision to show the letter to parliamentarians, National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser on Thursday summoned a meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security at 6pm.

In a statement, the National Assembly Secretariat said the meeting would be presided over by the speaker while the leaders of all parliamentary parties have also been invited to attend.

"A briefing on the secret letter will be given in the national security committee meeting," according to the statement.

PML-N president Shehbaz Sharif, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari, MQM-P convener Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui — all of whom are among members of the committee — have been invited to attend the meeting.

Amongst those specially invited are Defence Minister Pervez Khattak, Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar, Human Rights Minister Shireen Mazari, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, National Security Adviser Moeed Yusuf, BAP Senator Sarfaraz Ahmed Bugti, MNA Ramesh Kumar Vankwani, MNA Makhdoom Hussain Qureshi and MNA Amer Ali Khan Magsi.

Later in the day, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Farrukh Habib said that the government "will put all the points in front of you so that tomorrow no one blames us".

"The opposition shouldn't run away now," he said at a media talk in Islamabad.

Habib refused to confirm if Prime Minister Imran would attend the meeting but said that the foreign minister, who was in China for a three-day session on Afghanistan, would be returning today.

"He [Qureshi] will reveal the details in the meeting," the minister added.

Sherry calls for voting today
Meanwhile, PPP Senator Sherry Rehman on Thursday said the NA speaker had no "constitutional" or "moral" justification to delay voting on the no-trust motion and demanded that it be held today.

In a series of tweets, she said that Imran Khan's "artificial" majority had now turned into a minority. "If the no-confidence vote is held, today will be the last day of Imran Khan's selected government. What unseen help is Imran Khan waiting for?"

Earlier in the week, federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid had said that voting on the no-confidence resolution would take place on April 3.

In her tweets today, Rehman claimed that the "sinking ship" of the government was using the alleged 'secret letter' to escape.

"After the MQM, BAP, Jamhoori Watan Party and independent members joined the opposition alliance, Imran Khan should not have held the post of Prime Minister for a single day," she tweeted, adding that it was better for the prime minister to resign.

Opposition has upper hand
A day earlier, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), previously a key ally of the PTI-led coalition government, formally announced that it was joining the opposition ranks.

After pulling out the seven-member MQM-P, the opposition parties have now managed to cross the magical figure of 172 — the minimum number required to form the government at the Centre — and now enjoy the support of 177 members in the National Assembly even without nearly over a dozen dissidents of the ruling PTI, who had already publicly declared the withdrawal of their support to the prime minister.

"We had 26 seats in the previous assembly. Under planning, these were reduced to seven. But now we have proved that neither a government can be formed nor removed without these seven seats," said MQM-P convener Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui while formally making the announcement of the party's decision which, he added, had been endorsed by the party’s decision-making Rabita Committee.

Delay in tabling resolution
A delegation of senior opposition lawmakers had on March 8 submitted the no-trust motion against the premier to the National Assembly Secretariat.

According to the assembly's rules and procedures, from the day the resolution is moved, it "shall not be voted upon before the expiry of three days, or later than seven days".

The no-trust resolution against the prime minister was expected to be tabled on March 25, but the proceedings were deferred after the NA speaker adjourned the sitting within minutes and ignored Opposition Leader Shehbaz Sharif who wanted to seek the floor to deliver a speech.

He did not allow the opposition's no-trust resolution to be tabled after offering fateha for the deceased PTI MNA from Hangu, Khayal Zaman, as per the parliamentary tradition. Qaiser had stated at the time that according to tradition, the agenda was deferred to the next day when a member of the lower house passed away.

Later, the opposition had lashed out at the speaker for not giving the floor to Shehbaz, stating that it was also a parliamentary tradition that the opposition leader was always given the floor whenever he stood up to speak.

No prime minister in the country's history has seen out a full term, and PM Imran is facing the biggest challenge to his rule since being elected in 2018, with opponents accusing him of economic mismanagement and foreign-policy bungling.

Last year in March, the premier had voluntarily sought a trust vote following an upset in Senate elections. In a show of strength, he had secured 178 votes — six more than required — to win the vote of confidence from the National Assembly.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1682724/n...journed-till-sunday-after-oppositions-protest

The lotas badly betrayed Musharraf in 2008 and have done the same to IK in 2022.

I remember when musharrafs downfall began till he resigned, blamed the same foriegn conspiracy but without the letter drama, that time, IK was on the other side sitting with the pmln, fazlu, ppp goons, telling everyone mush is lieing to save his khursi, funny how the tables have turned almost exactly the same way 13 years later.

Whats even funnier is Geo led the conspiracy against mush, he clearly labeled them foriegn funded and there anchor Hamid Mir, while IK praised geo and called Hamid mir his favoirte anchor :)))

Whats even funnier is the same traitors who were with mush are the ones with IK

Imran Khan to address nation at 7:15 Pak time...

Imran Khan to address nation at 7:15 Pak time...

Saw majority of the Speech, probably the greatest orator in Pakistan Politics since ZAB, this will haunt Opposition forever, and he will easily win the next election .

US was clearly blamed.

Saw majority of the Speech, probably the greatest orator in Pakistan Politics since ZAB, this will haunt Opposition forever, and he will easily win the next election .

US was clearly blamed.

Not that simple. The mafia will never allow it to be plain sailing, he will face alot of difficulties.

The joint opposition demanded on Thursday that the election of a new prime minister must be included in the agenda of the National Assembly session scheduled to be held today.

The petition was submitted to the NA Secretariat by Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, Naveed Qamar, and Shazia Marri on behalf of the Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif.

The petition stated that a supplementary agenda should be issued to include the matter of electing a new premier in case the no-trust motion was passed in today's session.

“We request that the election of a new prime minister be included in the agenda by issuing a supplementary agenda if the no-confidence motion succeeds,” said NA member Sardar Ayaz Sadiq.

'Opp to not grant Imran NRO'

In a meeting of the joint opposition held at PML-N leader Shehbaz Sharif's residence, the opposition reiterated its decision to bring the no-confidence motion to a logical conclusion in accordance with the “stipulated time frame through the law and through a parliamentary democratic process”.

It emphasised that it would not grant the National Reconciliation Ordinance – which gives amnesty to politicians accused of corruption – to Imran Khan.

Referring to rumours of PM Imran suggesting to offer some opposition lawmakers an NRO, the opposition maintained that it would not be swayed by misleading news from the media with regard to the NRO.

The lawmakers observed that they would establish new democratic and constitutional traditions in the country and “abandon the undemocratic attitudes of the past forever”.

The meeting, attended by 172 members of the National Assembly from the joint opposition and its supporting parties including MNAs of the ruling government, expressed satisfaction over the availability of more than the required number of members of the National Assembly for the success of the no-confidence motion.

No-trust tabled in NA

After much ado, the no-confidence motion was finally tabled earlier this week, on March 28, in the National Assembly against Prime Minister Imran Khan by PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif.

Before the tabling of the motion, the NA Deputy Speaker Qasim Suri, who was presiding over the session, asked the lawmakers in favour of the motion to rise so that the count could be made. Within minutes, the deputy speaker announced that a total of 161 members of the opposition parties were present in the assembly and thus, the leave for presenting the motion against the prime minister was granted.

“This House is of the view that the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan, has lost the confidence of the majority of the members of the National Assembly of Pakistan, therefore he should cease to hold office,” Shehbaz read.

A8dB44B.png

Has any Pakistani elected government finished full 5 years?

Intelligence agencies sound high alert over risks of political rivals' clash

ISLAMABAD: The intelligence agencies of Pakistan have proposed a strong strategy to the law enforcement agencies (LEAs) to counter a possible clash between the political rivals on the day of voting on the no-trust motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan, The News reported, citing sources.

Issuing alerts, the agencies have depicted a terrible picture of a potential clash of the ruling PTI and Opposition parties on the decisive day, which could result in wide disruption in the federal capital.

The people responsible for maintaining peace and order in Islamabad are reportedly working out a counter-strategy against such possibilities of disorder, well placed sources said responding to a question.

PM Imran Khan has called on the PTI workers and activists to gather outside the Parliament House on the day of polling, expected on April 3, 2022.

"The other opposition parties including JUI-F have the capacity to gather an even greater number of party activists backed by Ansaar-ul-Islam force, that could create law and order issued,” the sources said, suggesting that a solid counter-strategy should be made to avoid the collision.

A top police officer, on the condition of anonymity, said:

“Though the implementation of counter-strategy will be hard to obtain the motive of keeping the peace, because of direct involvement of the ruling party, the law enforcement agencies have decided to overcome the possible clash between the rival political groups,” adding that the course of action would be finalised one day before the no-trust move.

It is yet to be decided whether the additional force of Rangers and other paramilitary forces would be called in to assist civil administration or the police would tackle the situation alone, he maintained.

When asked, well-placed sources from the district administration, said that the Red Zone would be separated well before time, and Rangers and other paramilitaries would definitely be called in to provide assistance to the law enforcers if required.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/408767-in...gh-alert-over-risks-of-political-rivals-clash

The army *has* to stand with the popular leader for once. No more neutral drama. The people are with him. He is incorruptible. The country might be in a pickle due to external circumstances, but there is no other option. The army shouldn't let the Chinese or Americans dictate policy any more. Give the power back to the people.

Last edited:
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan, who is also the chairman of the ruling PTI, has issued directives to file a reference to National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser against the dissident party lawmakers.

A statement was issued after a meeting between the Adviser to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan and PTI Additional Secretary-General MNA Amir Kayani.

“On the directives of Prime Minister and Chairman PTI Imran Khan, references have been finalised against the dissident MNAs of the party,” said a statement issued after the meeting.

The statement added that the reference will also contain “documented evidence” against the PTI’s dissident MNAs and that PM Imran has rejected the dissident MNA’s response to the show-cause notice, terming them “unsatisfactory”.

According to Geo News, Adviser to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs Babar Awan shared that PM Imran has ordered “strict legal action against the unconscionable MNAs”.

The Constitution imposes a basic condition of honesty and trust on the members of the Parliament, he added.

“MNA’s involved in horse trading openly deviated from party chief's instructions,” said Awan, adding that the references will be sent to the NA speaker soon for legal action against the disgruntled PTI MNAs.

On March 19, the ruling PTI had issued show-cause notices to the 14 dissident lawmakers for allegedly allying with the Opposition in the no-trust motion against PM Imran Khan.

The notices were served following the dissident MNAs' decision to "seek refuge" at the Sindh House.

The dissident lawmakers were given seven days to present themselves before PM Imran Khan.

The notice had mentioned that the interviews given to the media outlets by these members show that they have left the PTI and, therefore, they are directed to present themselves before the party chairman.

On March 26, thirteen dissident lawmakers responded to the show-cause notices and termed the allegations against them as baseless.

They also said that their actions are not in violation of Article 63(A) — which deals with the disqualification of parliamentarians who defect from their parties.

"We have neither left the PTI nor have we defected from the parliamentary party," the MNAs responded in their letters, in which they also mentioned their reservations and concerns.

"Since the allegations are baseless, we thought it was best to not appear before the prime minister in person," they added.

GEO

As I had stated before, the military is behind Khan’s ouster. This is what Bajwa said. It seems military is unhappy with Khan over Pakistan increasing pull towards Russia and away from US influence.

‘Russia should stop its aggression in Ukraine.’

‘ Pakistan should have good relations with US.’

The above statements are in direct contradiction to Pakistan’ stated foreign policies

As I had stated before, the military is behind Khan’s ouster. This is what Bajwa said. It seems military is unhappy with Khan over Pakistan increasing pull towards Russia and away from US influence.

‘Russia should stop its aggression in Ukraine.’

‘ Pakistan should have good relations with US.’

The above statements are in direct contradiction to Pakistan’ stated foreign policies

Can you post what did Bajwa say about Russia?

Can you post what did Bajwa say about Russia?

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Qamar Bajwa on Saturday said that Russia's invasion of Ukraine must be "stopped immediately", terming it a great tragedy.

Speaking at the Islamabad Security Dialogue, Gen Bajwa expressed Pakistan's serious concern over the conflict, adding that "despite legitimate security concerns of Russia, its aggression against a smaller country cannot be condoned."

"Pakistan has consistently called for an immediate ceasefire and cessation of hostilities. We support immediate dialogue between all sides to find a lasting solution to the conflict," he added.

He said the Russian invasion of Ukraine was very unfortunate as thousands of people had been killed, millions made refugees and "half of Ukraine destroyed".

The army chief said the conflict gave hope to smaller countries that they could still defend their territory with smaller but agile forces against aggression by a bigger country by carrying out selective modernatisation of equipment.

He noted that Pakistan had enjoyed excellent defence and economic relationships with Ukraine since its independence but relations with Russia were "cold" for a long time because of numerous reasons. However, some positive developments in this regard had taken place recently, he added.

Pakistan had sent humanitarian assistance to Ukraine via Pakistan Air Force (PAF) planes and would continue to do, he said. He cautioned that the continuation or expansion of the conflict would not serve the interests of any side, least of all the developing countries which would continue to face socio-economic costs of the conflict, which he said could "easily get out of hand".

Gen Bajwa pointed out that there were two camps internationally — those who advocated contestation and those who advocated cooperation — and the future vision of security would be decided based on which camp prevailed.

"I believe the world today is built by those who believe in cooperation, respect and equality, instead of division, war-mongering and dominance."

Pakistan's interests were served only when cooperation instead of contestation between power centres was promoted, he said, calling on the international community to support cooperative countries such as Pakistan rather than those who wish to gain from this contest.

DAWN

Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan will face a vote of no confidence tomorrow morning. According to local media reports, the crucial National Assembly session to determine the fate of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led government will take place at 11:30 am. Khan meanwhile insists that the no-confidence motion is part of a 'global conspiracy' to oust him and has reiterated his decision to not resign in advance. The PM also said that he had credible information that his "life is in danger".

As the Pakistani PM fights to save his government, he had recently claimed that the "establishment" gave him three options -a no-confidence motion, resignation from his post or fresh elections. The cricketer-turned-politician had suffered a massive blow recently after the PTI "lost the majority" in the National Assembly as key ally Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM-P) lent its support to the no trust vote. While the PTI is the single largest party, the Imran Khan government's survival depends on the support of allies such as MQM-P (7 seats), BAP (5 seats), PML(Q) (5 seats), GDA (3 seats), AML (1 seat), JWP (1 seat) and two independents.

With the MQM-P announcing that it had struck a deal with the opposition Pakistan People's Party (PPP), most expect Khan to lose the vote. The motion was tabled earlier this week on Monday by Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) President Shahbaz Sharif. Khan is incidentally the third Pakistani PM to face the no-confidence motion.

Ahead of the crucial vote, the PM is set to address the people of Pakistan today at 3:30 pm.

Supreme Court petition
Ahead of the vote, a petition has been filed in the Pakistan Supreme Court demanding suspension of no-confidence vote against PM Imran Khan.

https://www.timesnownews.com/world/...d-tomorrow-at-1130-am-report-article-90606491

A petition was filed in the Supreme Court on Saturday seeking the suspension of the National Assembly's proceedings on the no-confidence motion against Prime Minister Imran Khan that is set to take place on Sunday (April 3).

The opposition tabled a no-trust motion in the National Assembly last month, and following the exhaustion of the constitutionally allowed limit, the house is to go to vote tomorrow to decide the fate of PM Imran's government.

The opposition appears to have managed to complete the magical figure of 172 — the minimum number required to form the government at the Centre — after it wooed the Muttahida Qaumi Movement to join its side. It now reportedly enjoys the support of 177 members the National Assembly.

However, Prime Minister Imran Khan, during the PTI power show on March 27, claimed that the no-trust move was a part of a "foreign conspiracy" hatched to topple his government. During the public meeting, he had pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, waved it at the crowd and called it "evidence".

“Foreign funding is being used to change the government. Money is coming from abroad and people inside the country are being used. Some of them are unaware they are being used and some are intentionally using this money against us,” he had alleged.

The petition filed in the Supreme Court today, said that members of the Parliament were "acting on the instigation of foreign hostile countries acting against the polity and integrity of Pakistan" and had "conspired, conceived and hatched a move in the form of a no-confidence motion before the National Assembly of Pakistan to oust a lawfully elected Federal Government".

The petition, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, was filed by Naeemul Hassan in the top court. The respondents named in it include the Federation of Pakistan, Prime Minister's Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Law, National Assembly speaker, Election Commission of Pakistan, Federal Investigation Agency, PTI, PML-N, PPP, JUI-F, and MQM-P.

The petitioner said that PM Imran had taken various measures to restore the normalcy in the affairs of the state but local political parties had been "aiding and assisting extremism in the country".

He claimed that the JUI-F was one of the "greatest beneficiaries of the Afghan war" adding that the party's "ardent followers are the young recruits of religious seminaries who provide them the raw street power".

"The stated party, has arrayed itself as a political party, has unknown resources of immense wealth, foreign donations and contributions; it has persistently declined to have its annual accounts audited by any reputable auditor/regulator," the petition reads.

The petitioner alleged that the PML-N, too, had been involved in "massive corruption" led by the Sharif family. "It has colluded with terrorist organisations and personalities like Osama Bin Laden," it added.

About PPP, the petitioner contended that the party had gone through destructions under the leadership of Asif Ali Zardari.

"Their [the opposition's] shenanigans have been tolerated by the present respondent government but now these political parties have committed the most heinous crime of sedition and treason at the behest of foreign powers which is established by the events, facts and detailed herein after," he said.

Mentioning the letter brandished by the prime minister, the petitioner said that it was an "ill motivated conspiracy of the respondent political parties".

"It is, therefore, prayed to the Supreme Court to constitute a Commission of Inquiry comprising of three honourable Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan or three Chief Justices of the High Courts of Pakistan, to hold inquisitorial proceedings with regard to the anti-state activities conducted by the respondent political parties through malafide and abuse of power under the provisions of the Constitution and for committing sedition and treason against the democratically and legally elected government as detailed herein above."

The petitioner pleaded that the commission should hold hearings on a daily basis.

"On the basis of this report, direct the respondent federal government to take appropriate remedial action along with the mode and manner thereof, against the respondent political parties/their members," the petition stated.

It also requested that no-confidence resolution should be declared "tainted, mala fide and utterly without jurisdiction" and its proceedings on Sunday should be suspended.

DAWN

ISLAMABAD: In a last-ditch effort to save his government from being toppled down, Prime Minister Imran Khan took another U-turn on Saturday by directing his MNAs to attend the crucial session of the National Assembly and participate in the voting process, sources told Geo News.

On March 30, PM Imran Khan had "strictly" directed PTI's members of the National Assembly (MNAs) to either abstain from voting or not attend the session when the no-confidence motion is voted in the House.

PM Imran Khan is confident that it would defeat the no-confidence motion against him, the sources said, adding that the premier has decided to fight till the last ball.

The prime minister himself will attend the crucial session of the Lower House tomorrow (April 3), said the sources.

Earlier, in a letter to the PTI MNAs, the prime minister, who is the party's chairman, had said: "All the members of the [PTI] in the National Assembly shall abstain from voting/not attend the meeting of the National Assembly on the date when the said resolution is set out on the agenda."

PM Imran Khan had told the MNAs that no PTI member should attend or make themselves available on the time and day of the voting on the resolution of no-confidence.

The prime minister had said that all members are "required to adhere to his directions in true letter and spirit" and should keep in mind the "intention behind the provision of Article 63(A) of the Constitution of Pakistan."

The premier had warned the party lawmakers that "every or any" violation of the directions would be treated as an "express defection" in terms of Article 63(A). The letter had also mentioned that designated PTI members would speak during the debate on the no-confidence motion.

GEO

The Supreme Court (SC) has refused to entertain a constitutional petition requesting the formation of a commission of inquiry to hold inquisitorial proceedings with regards to alleged anti-state activities by political parties.

The petition, drafted by former AGP Anwar Mansoor Khan and Azhar Siddique, prayed to the apex court to direct the commission and hold day to day hearings, collect, analyse and appreciate all the incriminating evidence in possession of the federal government and the security institutions.

“It should then report to the apex court for appropriate directions to be given against any involved members of political parties in this unconstitutional and unlawful act against the government and state of Pakistan,” it prayed further.

“On the basis of this report, direct the respondent federal government to take appropriate remedial action along with the mode and manner thereof, against the respondent political parties/their members.”

It further prayed to declare and direct that the “resolution of no confidence” was tainted, mala fide and utterly without jurisdiction for being motivated by "treason as well as sedition" and aided by foreign powers.

Refusing to entertain the petition, the registrar of the apex court stated that the petitioner had not pointed out what questions of public importance in the case are involved with reference to enforcement of any of the fundamental rights guaranteed under the Constitution, so as to directly invoke jurisdiction of the Supreme Court under Article 184(3) of the Constitution.

Read More: No confidence in democracy
“Ingredients for invoking extraordinary Jurisdiction of this Court under Article 184(3) of the Constitution have not been satisfied,” the SC’s registrar pointed out.

“That notice issued to the respondent is not properly drawn as it is neither mentioned therein that for what purpose this Constitution Petition is being filed before this Court nor copy of the petition has been provided to the respondent.”

The court also stated that the petitioner had not approached any other appropriate forum available under the law for the same relief and has also not provided any justification for not doing so.

“Misconceiving multifarious prayers have been made in one Constitution Petition. That under Article 69 of the Constitution of Pakistan 1973, the validity of any proceedings in Parliament cannot be called In question,” the SC added.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/235071...ing-probe-into-foreign-conspiracy-controversy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All PTI MPAs in Punjab must ensure they vote for Ch Pervez Elahi in the CM Punjab election tomorrow. Any PTI MPA going against party direction, including abstaining from vote, will be disqualified and will face strict disciplinary action.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1510253029995397125?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All PTI MPAs in Punjab must ensure they vote for Ch Pervez Elahi in the CM Punjab election tomorrow. Any PTI MPA going against party direction, including abstaining from vote, will be disqualified and will face strict disciplinary action.</p>— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ImranKhanPTI/status/1510253029995397125?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is so confusing? Did i miss Elahi coming back to PTI? Or is this to fool the opposition?

This is so confusing? Did i miss Elahi coming back to PTI? Or is this to fool the opposition?

He was never part of PTI. He is part of PML Q, and they were allied with PTI at federal and in Punjab.

What happened was the opposition made an offer to Elahi to be CM of Punjab in return for his party voting against IK. And without the support of PML Q, PTI would also lose the Punjab govt. So IK had to either match their offer and let Elahi be CM of Punjab and allied and dependent on PTI support, or Elahi would be CM of Punjab allied with the opposition. So this was a good move because it cost PTI nothing, a risky move for Elahi as he had a guarantee before to be CM, but now their is a chance he could lose to Hamza Shahbaz .

He was never part of PTI. He is part of PML Q, and they were allied with PTI at federal and in Punjab.

What happened was the opposition made an offer to Elahi to be CM of Punjab in return for his party voting against IK. And without the support of PML Q, PTI would also lose the Punjab govt. So IK had to either match their offer and let Elahi be CM of Punjab and allied and dependent on PTI support, or Elahi would be CM of Punjab allied with the opposition. So this was a good move because it cost PTI nothing, a risky move for Elahi as he had a guarantee before to be CM, but now their is a chance he could lose to Hamza Shahbaz .

Yeah I meant coalition , it’s really confusing , I also noticed how Imran didn’t say anything against Elahi in his live speech the other day eventhough he has joined other three.

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday nominated former chief justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmed for the office of the caretaker prime minister.

The announcement was made by PTI leader Fawad Chaudhry, who said the premier made the decision after approval from the PTI's core committee.

The former CJP's nomination follows a letter written earlier today by President Dr Arif Alvi to the prime minister and Leader of the Opposition in the outgoing National Assembly (NA) Shehbaz Sharif to propose names of suitable persons for appointment as caretaker premier under Article 224-A(1 )of the Constitution.

The letter came a day after the NA deputy speaker disallowed a no-trust confidence motion against PM Imran and the president dissolved the lower house of Parliament on the former's advice.

The letter, a copy of which is available with Dawn.com, stated that the NA and the federal cabinet had been dissolved under Article 58(1) of the Constitution on Sunday.

The president said that PM Imran would continue to hold office until the caretaker premier's appointment was made under Article 224-A(4) of the Constitution.

Alvi told the two that in case they do not agree on the appointment within three days of the dissolution of the NA, they shall forward two nominees each to a committee to be constituted by the speaker, comprising eight members of the outgoing NA, or the Senate, or both, having equal representation from the treasury and the opposition.

However, the PML-N president declared that he would not take part in the process and termed it "illegal". He said that the president and the prime minister had broken the law and questioned how they could approach the opposition.

Justice Gulzar — the 27th chief justice of Pakistan
Justice Ahmed, who was sworn in as the 27th chief justice of Pakistan on December 21, 2019, was born on February 2, 1957, in Karachi to the family of Noor Muhammad, a distinguished lawyer. He served as the chief justice till February 2022.

His elementary schooling was from the city's Gulistan School, according to the Supreme Court website. He then went on to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree from Government National College, Karachi after which he obtained his law degree from S.M. Law College, Karachi.

He enrolled as an advocate on January 18, 1986, and joined the High Court on April 4, 1988. Subsequently, he became an advocate of the Supreme Court on September 15, 2001.

Justice Ahmed was elected honorary secretary of the Sindh High Court Bar Association in Karachi for the year 1999-2000.

Throughout his legal practice, he mostly remained on the civil-corporate side, serving as the legal advisor to numerous multinational and local companies, banks and financial institutions.

Ahmed was elevated as Judge of the Sindh High Court (SHC) on Aug 27, 2002. He was notified as Senior Puisne Judge of the SHC on Feb 14, 2011, and was elevated to Supreme Court later that year on November 16.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1683413/p...-cjp-gulzar-ahmed-as-caretaker-prime-minister

Yeah I meant coalition , it’s really confusing , I also noticed how Imran didn’t say anything against Elahi in his live speech the other day eventhough he has joined other three.

Because sources says he doesn't like Elahi and hates the fact he had to rely on him. PTI will dump them rightfully if they get majority.

Back