Younis Khan vs Rahul Dravid in Tests

He's not trying to argue that Gauti is a better player than YK. That would be silly. He's saying that there is more 2lyf (and cricket) than gimpy spreadsheet analyses.

I know he isn't but even in stats you can see GG needs to go a long way in test cricket.

No two batsmen has played the same bowler at the same venue at the same match situation. So any comparison can be made only for fun. They don't prove any points.

The main thing is Dravid has been very good for us. So is YK for you. In that way they both are equals.

No two batsmen has played the same bowler at the same venue at the same match situation. So any comparison can be made only for fun. They don't prove any points.

The main thing is Dravid has been very good for us. So is YK for you. In that way they both are equals.

Agreed. Dravid is class and is appreciated by most pakistanis.

Please GG is not in the same league as YK in tests. Has had 2 good years in 2008 and 2009, other than that his test career has been shambolic except for a good series in SA in between.

A much better ODI batsman than YK though.

Finally!
Somebody said it. :)

Aur ye sarey kiye karaye pe paani fertey hue.. wapas dug out mein khilaadi.

Please GG is not in the same league as YK in tests. Has had 2 good years in 2008 and 2009, other than that his test career has been shambolic except for a good series in SA in between.

A much better ODI batsman than YK though.

That's why one does not simply compare a player to someone who proved himself over a longer period of time. YK was on a free fall back in 2005 against India when one knock changed it all. Who knows, may be Gauti will hit purple patch and be averaging 55 by the end of the year and then some people would compare him to the likes of Hayden, Langer.

That's why one does not simply compare a player to someone who proved himself over a longer period of time. YK was on a free fall back in 2005 against India when one knock changed it all. Who knows, may be Gauti will hit purple patch and be averaging 55 by the end of the year and then some people would compare him to the likes of Hayden, Langer.

YK'a career wasn't exactly on a free fall when he scored those runs vs us. Just that like many cricketers, after his initial success, he hit a rough patch in his international career before losing his spot in 2003. But once Woolmer took over as coach in 2004 and called him back to the national side, he has never looked back.

Also IIRC Imran Khan after the 2004 series vs India had said Pakistan lost the series primarily because they ignored Younis Khan! The great man obviously could see how good YK was despite his string of failures preceding that series.

YK'a career wasn't exactly on a free fall when he scored those runs vs us. Just that like many cricketers, after his initial success, he hit a rough patch in his international career before losing his spot in 2003. But once Woolmer took over as coach in 2004 and called him back to the national side, he has never looked back.

Also IIRC Imran Khan after the 2004 series vs India had said Pakistan lost the series primarily because they ignored Younis Khan! The great man obviously could see how good YK was despite his string of failures preceding that series.

Exactly. Younis had 5 test hundreds in his first 30 tests and was averaging around 40 before he made a comeback in 2004. YK scored 124 against SL in 04 and had a decent tour to Aus where he averaged 43 against the likes of McGrath and Warne and out performed Inzi and moyo.

People often say India series was make or break for him and that is wrong. He failed in Mohali that's why his performance in Calcutta and Banglore was a huge story. He had 6 hundreds in 32 tests going into that series and was not a make or break series for him.

Interesting thread, statistically. Much closer than I thought but obviously I'd still pick Dravid.

Interesting thread, statistically. Much closer than I thought but obviously I'd still pick Dravid.

Not really, Dravid was averaging 59 in his prime and probably around the 56-57 mark when he had the same amount of runs YK has right now. While doing statistically comparisons, its important to take into account the magnitude of achievements as well. Guys like Ponting, Dravid, Tendulkar etc all touched the 58-59 mark in their primes with 6-8 thousands runs. Post 10K, they all lost 5-7 runs in their BA.

Not really, Dravid was averaging 59 in his prime and probably around the 56-57 mark when he had the same amount of runs YK has right now. While doing statistically comparisons, its important to take into account the magnitude of achievements as well. Guys like Ponting, Dravid, Tendulkar etc all touched the 58-59 mark in their primes with 6-8 thousands runs. Post 10K, they all lost 5-7 runs in their BA.

After playing 13 years of cricket Younus averages 51 and Dravid after 13 years of Test cricket averaged 52.

After playing 13 years of cricket Younus averages 51 and Dravid after 13 years of Test cricket averaged 52.

Very smart haan? :) Dravid probab;ly played double the amount of tests in that time period. His whole career lasted 15 years only and he played 162 tests in that time. This is Dravid at his peak after having played 100+ tests -

Fullscreen-capture-1522013-112950-AM.bmp.jpg

YK has neither played 100 tests yet nor has he ever got to that level of batting supremacy.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...template=results;type=batting;view=cumulative

Has never even touched the 54 mark. Dravid was just one of those players that got into the beast mode at his prime and those who have actually seen them all play know well where he stands.

Khan is quality, but Dravid is one of the best batsmen to play the game. Not a tough decision here.

Very smart haan? :) Dravid probab;ly played double the amount of tests in that time period. His whole career lasted 15 years only and he played 162 tests in that time. This is Dravid at his peak after having played 100+ tests -

Fullscreen-capture-1522013-112950-AM.bmp.jpg

YK has neither played 100 tests yet nor has he ever got to that level of batting supremacy.
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...template=results;type=batting;view=cumulative

Has never even touched the 54 mark. Dravid was just one of those players that got into the beast mode at his prime and those who have actually seen them all play know well where he stands.

Yes, well it's not Mike's fault that he did not play the amount of Tests that Dravid played in 13 years.
He averaged 20 in the SA series in 2006 the image that you posted had matches against Pakistan and WI, his performance in Pakistan was outstanding but the WI performance was just good because the WI had a weak attack that tour.
When we compare two players we don't just compare their primes you have to see how good have they been throughout their career's.
The difference between Mike and Dravid is that Dravid was more hardworking and Younus had a bit more strokes.
Both were good but Younus showed improvement as time went by where as Dravid seemed very good in the early part of his career outside the SC but the later part of his career he did not do well on away tours barring the England tour of 2011.
Mike albeit has shown to improve this was evident when he toured England,SA and WI for the second times when he was more experienced.
Mike also used his experience better than Dravid.
Dravid in his prime was better than Mike but overall they are pretty close with Dravid just a bit ahead because of his consistency in the early and a little of the middle stages of his career.
Mike though has shown improvement by the time and till yet age does not seem to hinder him as he has coped with old age better than Dravid.
This may not be the case if Mike continues to perform like this he may just end up a bit better than Dravid in the end.

Mike=Younus

Last edited:
Yes, well it's not Mike's fault that he did not play the amount of Tests that Dravid played in 13 years.
He averaged 20 in the SA series in 2006 the image that you posted had matches against Pakistan and WI, his performance in Pakistan was outstanding but the WI performance was just good because the WI had a weak attack that tour.
When we compare two players we don't just compare their primes you have to see how good have they been throughout their career's.
The difference between Mike and Dravid is that Dravid was more hardworking and Younus had a bit more strokes.
Both were good but Younus showed improvement as time went by where as Dravid seemed very good in the early part of his career outside the SC but the later part of his career he did not do well on away tours barring the England tour of 2011.
Mike albeit has shown to improve this was evident when he toured England,SA and WI for the second times when he was more experienced.
Mike also used his experience better than Dravid.
Dravid in his prime was better than Mike but overall they are pretty close with Dravid just a bit ahead because of his consistency in the early and a little of the middle stages of his career.
Mike though has shown improvement by the time and till yet age does not seem to hinder him as he has coped with old age better than Dravid.
This may not be the case if Mike continues to perform like this he may just end up a bit better than Dravid in the end.

Mike=Younus

At the fag end of his career, Dravid had an extraordinary series in England, in relatively hostile conditions and against one of the best bowling attacks of this age, averaging 77 in four tests (including a carry through the innings as an opener), while every one else was falling. Not sure what you mean by "he has coped with old age better than Dravid". You don't judge these sort of things by averages alone. Dravid could have very well chosen to play more tests, though he decided he was past his prime and quit after the Aussie tour. Dravid could have very well played for another 2 years.

^

WOW, that didn't make any sense at all. :))

And it seems you don't quite know anything about comparing two players as you just stated that Dravid is better than YK just because he was a better player in his prime does not mean that he is better player overall.

At the fag end of his career, Dravid had an extraordinary series in England, in relatively hostile conditions and against one of the best bowling attacks of this age, averaging 77 in four tests (including a carry through the innings as an opener), while every one else was falling. Not sure what you mean by "he has coped with old age better than Dravid". You don't judge these sort of things by averages alone. Dravid could have very well chosen to play more tests, though he decided he was past his prime and quit after the Aussie tour. Dravid could have very well played for another 2 years.

Well that's why i said baring the English tour.

And it seems you don't quite know anything about comparing two players as you just stated that Dravid is better than YK just because he was a better player in his prime does not mean that he is better player overall.

Bhai saheb, the prime i mentioned was after 100 tests lol and not some Vernon Philanderesque prime. Dravid was just on another level for a significant period.

Bhai saheb, the prime i mentioned was after 100 tests lol and not some Vernon Philanderesque prime. Dravid was just on another level for a significant period.

So he was on another level?
During the period that you claim to be his prime he toured SA he averaged only 20 quite fascinating to see that even in his prime he averaged 20 in SA.

It's quite amazing that 10 out of 14 tours that he participated in during his prime were in the SC.
One was in Australia in 2003 where he averaged 123, the other in Zimbabwe in 2005 where he averaged 87, One in WI in 2006 where he averaged 82 and than one in SA where he averaged 20.

Re: Younis Khan vs. Rahul Dravid in Tests

Dravid.YK has just playing his first significant test series away from SC in 6 years.During that time he has scored massively on asian tracks.Dravid in his 15 years never missed a series outside Asia.

Dravid wins this easily.

Dravid.YK has just playing his first significant test series away from SC in 6 years.During that time he has scored massively on asian tracks.Dravid in his 15 years never missed a series outside Asia.

Dravid wins this easily.

Can't blame YK for the faults of the PCB.

if YK can score one more century on this SA tour, we may be able to make a case for him

Dravid wins for now.

So he was on another level?
During the period that you claim to be his prime he toured SA he averaged only 20 quite fascinating to see that even in his prime he averaged 20 in SA.

That does not mean anything in itself. A bad tour(s) any one can have.

Have you checked Warne's averages in India? What are your conclusions from these series averages of Warne against India - 228, 54, 42,51, 30 - all well below his career averages.

And Inzamam averages only 32 and 31 against SA and Australia. In 27 tests, Inzaman has only one century against SA and Aus combined. What can we conclude?

Last edited:
Can't blame YK for the faults of the PCB.

Likewise you can't blame Dravid for BCCI not organizing more non SC tours. He would have flourished any where during his peak. He is one of those few SC players who average more away than at home.

Likewise you can't blame Dravid for BCCI not organizing more non SC tours. He would have flourished any where during his peak. He is one of those few SC players who average more away than at home.

Well he did play in SA at his peak and failed.

No comparison of the Master vs Mere mortals

Attachments

• dravid3.JPG
    dravid3.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 188
  • younis3.JPG
    younis3.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 207
SA pitches are too tough or we could say toughest to bat for batsmen from SC , no shame in admitting that Dravid has been an utter flop in SA and yeah atleast in SA , Younis Khan >>> Dravid ... Dravid was all over the place during his last tour to SA where he averaged 20 in the whole Series against likes of Steyn n Morkel ( Philander didnt make his debut then ) , in the same series Great SRT scored 2 Tons at an average of 80 compared to Dravid's 20 ... Now Since Younis Khan has scored a ton against an even a better SA side with addition of Philander, I have no doubt that Younis Khan is better than Dravid atleast in SA.

[utube]HR-eyyG4lJE[/utube]

Dravid scored a brilliant ton at Jo'burg against likes of Pollock and Donald. He wasn't an utter failure there. Class batsman. And no he was no strokeless wonder as some YK fans like to point out.

Well to be honest Younis Khan is a very very good test player however Dravid was world class and may be in Top 25 batsmen of all time. No comparisons

Well when you're at your "peak" aren't you supposed to average more than 20?

What is a peak?

Dravid's entire career was a peak where he finished with a 52+ average.
Dravid's peak within this peak were between 2001-2007 where he averaged 57.
He had a peak within this peak at 68 between 2003-2005. He did not play in South Africa during this three year peak when he was considered the world's best batsman, along with Ponting.

So you are wrong. He did not play in SA at his real peak.

So when it's Dravid an average of even 20 is good in Test Cricket?

You said Dravid failed on away tours. I don't think 3 centuries in 4 Tests in England averaging 100 is a failed away tour.

What is a peak?

Dravid's entire career was a peak where he finished with a 52+ average.
Dravid's peak within this peak were between 2001-2007 where he averaged 57.
He had a peak within this peak at 68 between 2003-2005. He did not play in South Africa during this three year peak when he was considered the world's best batsman, along with Ponting.

So you are wrong. He did not play in SA at his real peak.

Stop making contradicting statements. Okay so let's say his peak started after Aus toured India in 2004, and it ended before he played SA in SA.
He had 7 tours during that period, 5 Home tours 2 Away tours One of WI and One of Zimbabwe.
He even failed against SL in India where he averaged only 36 in what you claim to be his absolute "peak".
Even if he did have a flawless record don't you think that he wasn't exactly test in his absolute peak?

You said Dravid failed on away tours. I don't think 3 centuries in 4 Tests in England averaging 100 is a failed away tour.

If you actually read all my posts you would notice i was comparing their record in SA when they were last there., and when i mentioned Dravid's away record in his later career i did say "barring" the England tour.
Younis averaged 45 while Dravid averaged 20.

Last edited:
Stop making contradicting statements. Okay so let's say his peak started after Aus toured India in 2004, and it ended before he played SA in SA.
He had 7 tours during that period, 5 Home tours 2 Away tours One of WI and One of Zimbabwe.
He even failed against SL in India where he averaged only 36 in what you claim to be his absolute "peak".
Even if he did have a flawless record don't you think that he wasn't exactly test in his absolute peak?

If you actually read all my posts you would notice i was comparing their record in SA when they were last there., and when i mentioned Dravid's away record in his later career i did say "barring" the England tour.
Younis averaged 45 while Dravid averaged 20.

What exactly do you mean? That a player at his absolute peak can't have a lean spell within? Show me one batsman apart from Bradman who did not even have a temporary of loss of form for 3 years in a row and averaged 40+ in every series played during that period.

I think you are trying to troll and unless you show proof that a batsman at his peak is always infallible I am done with this.

What exactly do you mean? That a player at his absolute peak can't have a lean spell within? Show me one batsman apart from Bradman who did not even have a temporary of loss of form for 3 years in a row and averaged 40+ in every series played during that period.

I think you are trying to troll and unless you show proof that a batsman at his peak is always infallible I am done with this.

Inzamam during 2004 till about the end of 2006 was pretty good.
Had good tour's, excluding just one Tour in Australia where he played only Two innings at Perth and got out for 1 and 2 he averaged above 40 in all other series including 7 series where he averaged above 50.
One better example would be of Miandad, 78-80, 5 tours averaged above 40 in all of them 4 of the 5 were away tours.
The best example would be of Hanif 1957-62.
Played 5 Tours over these 5 years averaged above 50 in all of them, he only averaged under 50 in 1 Tour and 4 of the 5 Tours were away tours.
Another Example would be of Zaheer Abbas, 82-84.
6 Tours averaged above 40 in all of them.
And till now i have only checked the records of a few Pakistani Batsmen.

Last edited:
A lot seems to have been discussed on this thread which obviously I can't read, but for me this thread is not even required because there is no comparision between Younus and Rahul.

Rahul is an all time great batsmen, Younus is just a good player in tests.

A lot seems to have been discussed on this thread which obviously I can't read, but for me this thread is not even required because there is no comparision between Younus and Rahul.

no Shafiq is what good is....YK is a terrific test player though has underperformed too regularly in ODIs

Its still better thread then Umar Akmal vs Tendulkar

If YK can score a couple of tons in Aus I will rate him ahead of Dravid as Australia is the only place where Dravid has performed much better than Younis Khan.

But why exclude the English tour? Did it like take place in another galaxy or something ?

The fact will remain, Younus as a Batsman will be underrated because he is a Pakistani Batsman.
Younus has been the one of the most consistent performers with the bat over the last decade.
The same will be the case even if India one day do produce a decent pace bowler i expect him to be underrated by everyone just because he is Indian.

The comparison is understandable but kinda unfair because Dravid has played twice the tests Younis has and has had more opportunities outside the SC .

You can only rely on your opinions here . In my view , both are tremendous batsmen and have excelled well throughout their careers .

Some PEople here think this way:

Dravid > Tendulkar
MIke > Dravid

does this mean Mike > Tendulkar ?

*Because it invalidates your argument.

Yeah well let's just ignore all the other bad away tours he had?
Even if we include that England tour in the past 5 Years YK is averaging 50 in away tours where as Dravid averaged 40.
Now i do expect you to come back and say that Dravid was past his prime when he played those tours, so in that case let's see Dravid's average on away tours in the last 10 years that does include the period where he was in prime form, he averages 50.
Now lets compare that to YK's record on away tours over the past 10 years and that is 55.
Now i do expect you to come back and make another outrageous claim because it is evident that no matter how good YK has performed you will not say he is better, or even close to Dravid.
So before you say that let me just state this,
Rahul Dravid when at prime a period believed by posters here to be between 2005-7 averaged 56 where as YK during that period averaged 60.
Now this is also clear that YK averaged more than Dravid during the period in which posters here in the thread believe he was in "prime" form.
But than again i don't expect you to know a bit about YK and nor do i expect you to appreciate the fact that he has been one of the most consistent batsmen over the past decade cause you either are biased towards Dravid or you do not like YK.

Last edited:

So that magic tour of India in Australia in 2003, and the daylight robbery of the Rawalpindi test in early 2004 happened outside his peak?

Sweet shifting goalposts, that.

And what do you mean "one of WI"? That was a bloody hard tour that Dravid won for us at the last instant when all the FTBs (Yuvraj, Kaif, Karthik) were brutally exposed in Jamaica. And remind me, when Younis Khan and Pakistan ever won there again?

That's right.

Wanted to also talk about captaincy pressures, but I refrain.

The fact will remain, Younus as a Batsman will be underrated because he is a Pakistani Batsman.
Younus has been the one of the most consistent performers with the bat over the last decade.
The same will be the case even if India one day do produce a decent pace bowler i expect him to be underrated by everyone just because he is Indian.

In that decade Younis Khan didnt play outside Asia for 6 years.Has a grand total of 1 hundred in Sa plus Aus combine.
Infact if i am not wrong Dravid has more away tests than YK has total test or very close to that figure.

Thing is that Dravid has played special innings many a times in his career winning India test matches.Be it in England or Australia or WI or helping India salvage a draw in SA in a test match in 1996 or the Kolkata test.He was for sometime one of the best batsman in the world.

None of which YK has achieved.

So after 6 pages, how many people actually believe YK is a better test batsman than Dravid? :13: Got to know whether there is any point in posting further.

Younis Khan vs. Rahul Dravid in Tests

In that decade Younis Khan didnt play outside Asia for 6 years.Has a grand total of 1 hundred in Sa plus Aus combine.
Infact if i am not wrong Dravid has more away tests than YK has total test or very close to that figure.

Thing is that Dravid has played special innings many a times in his career winning India test matches.Be it in England or Australia or WI or helping India salvage a draw in SA in a test match in 1996 or the Kolkata test.He was for sometime one of the best batsman in the world.

I have said it before Dravid is better then YK simply for his longevity. But saying YK was never one of the best batsmen in the world is absurd. He was ranked in top 6/7 for bulk of last 8 years. During 2005-2007 he was ranked in top 3/4 consistently. He was ranked number #1 at his peak.

I have said it before Dravid is better then YK simply for his longevity. But saying YK was never one of the best batsmen in the world is absurd. He was ranked in top 6/7 for bulk of last 8 years. During 2005-2007 he was ranked in top 3/4 consistently. He was ranked number #1 at his peak.

During that time how many times he played outside Asia?

Dravid has better stats because of him playing a lot of games at home roads unlike :yk. Overall :yk is a better batsman. Neutral fans will prefer to have :yk in Eng,Aus or SA.

So that magic tour of India in Australia in 2003, and the daylight robbery of the Rawalpindi test in early 2004 happened outside his peak?

Sweet shifting goalposts, that.

And what do you mean "one of WI"? That was a bloody hard tour that Dravid won for us at the last instant when all the FTBs (Yuvraj, Kaif, Karthik) were brutally exposed in Jamaica. And remind me, when Younis Khan and Pakistan ever won there again?

That's right.

Wanted to also talk about captaincy pressures, but I refrain.

I didn't say anything about his peak, as that would be the reason why i mentioned that some of the posters said that the period between 2005-7 was when he was at his best.
Nor did i ever say that Dravid was bad, The WI tour was relatively easy as the WI attack was weak and i don't think you can actually deny that.

You have a weak memory or you don't watch cricket?
2nd Test 2005 Younis scored a Ton against the Windies in the 1st Innings, the next highest score in the innings was 51.
Many remember that match for Inzamam's Ton but they forget Younus's century if he hadn't hit those runs than Pakistan would have had lost that Match.
So Younis has played a great role in a Pakistan victory in WI i hope your question is answered now.

What about that innings against England in 2012?
Didn't that help us win the match?

So should YK be blamed for that?
Younis has played 32 away Tests in the past Decade and Dravid has played 56 even though Pakistan play a lot less cricket than India.

So has YK never played a special innings? Wasn't it YK who scored the Ton's in Leeds and Sabina Park? What about that Test in the U.A.E against SA in 2010 when he scored an unbeaten 131 saving that Test for Pakistan wasn't that a Match saving innings? What about the Kolkata Test in 2007 when YK scored an unbeaten Ton chasing 345 and coming in at 65/3?

Has YK never achieved anything?

The fact will remain he will never be rated highly just because he is a Pakistani Batsman.

Even in WI when Younis first toured WI he averaged 2 and than averaged 45 on the next tour.

Look at the discussion on the first page , their stats are so similar. Dravid the tuk tuk wall is mind numbingly over-rated.

The Gap between the two keeps narrowing with each passing day.

What? Dravid retired in early 2012. Since then ,

YK played 7 tests,

3 Tests against SA with an avg of 30.66
3 Tests against SL with an avg of 33.40
Now this 200 against Zim.

He hasn't done anything to narrow the gap in my opinion. YK has played much better cricket before Dravid retired.

Last edited:
What? Dravid retired in early 2012. Since then ,

YK played 7 tests,

3 Tests against SA with an avg of 30.66
3 Tests against SL with an avg of 33.40
Now this 200 against Zim.

He hasn't done anything to narrow the gap in my opinion. YK has played much better cricket before Dravid retired.

Younis Khan has just played a very special test innings.

Younis Khan has just played a very special test innings.

True but we need to see his whole performance after Dravid retired to judge if he is narrowing the gap.

This inning was special but let's not forget the quality of attack. Credit to YK for playing his natural game despite others failing but in any good batting unit, 200 against this Zim bowling unit won't look special because 2-3 other batsmen will also score heavily.

So taking account of this special inning with his previous 6 tests matches, I don't see narrowing the gap in his last 7 test match. I have seen YK play lot better cricket against quality attacks.

Last edited:
True but we need to see his whole performance after Dravid retired to judge if he is narrowing the gap.

This inning was special but let's not forget the quality of attack. Credit to YK for playing his natural game despite others failing but in any good batting unit, 200 against this Zim bowling unit won't look special because 2-3 other batsmen will also score heavily.

So taking account of this special inning with his previous 6 tests matches, I don't see narrowing the gap in his last 7 test match. I have seen YK play lot better cricket against quality attacks.

We do not say that while judging some innings of Dravid against a B grade bowling unit of West Indies in Jamaica Test who were losing left, right , center against everyone.

I am saying from a memorable innings point of view this innings will remain etched for along long time.

We do not say that while judging some innings of Dravid against a B grade bowling unit of West Indies in Jamaica Test who were losing left, right , center against everyone.

Can you give the link for the match your are citing? I don't think WI ever had such a poor bowling attack. Zim didn't even have their only good bowler.

I am saying from a memorable innings point of view this innings will remain etched for along long time.

It will be surely memorable. It may be even more memorable than few quality knocks played by YK against far better attacks. But being memorable doesn't add much to the argument that YK has narrowed the gap in last 7 test match. My comment was only based on what YK has done after Dravid retired. YK has in fact played below his usual standards if we take his performance in last 7 test matches.

Anyway, this is subjective. I feel if he repeats the same pattern of 7 test matches 3 times then gap will actually widen rather than narrowing in next 21 matches.

Last edited:
Rahul Dravid is in a higher level. Arguably better bat than Sachin (sorry for dragging in SRT but had to!)

YK is great of game too!

PS: Pakistan should play more test cricket!

Depends on personal preference. I'd personally take Younis Khan over Dravid.

Rahul Dravid is in a higher level. Arguably better bat than Sachin (sorry for dragging in SRT but had to!)

YK is great of game too!

PS: Pakistan should play more test cricket!

Playing against quality bowlers matters too and if YK goes on to play as many matches as Dravid has then YK will easily emerge as the better one.

Dravid's averages in SA and SL are atrocious , even in Australia apart from one series or infact one match against a weak bowling unit he has seriously poor stats.

Dravid's averages in SA and SL are atrocious , even in Australia apart from one series or infact one match against a weak bowling unit he has seriously poor stats.

Despite that, most Pak supporters will not bring these facts up in thread after thread...on the other hand, you mention anything good about Inzi or Miandad or any Pak batsman, the response would be oh they do not have better records against so and so etc.

Despite that, most Pak supporters will not bring these facts up in thread after thread...on the other hand, you mention anything good about Inzi or Miandad or any Pak batsman, the response would be oh they do not have better records against so and so etc.

Agreed, these are trolls who watch cricket just on cricinfo. It is not the runs that matter, it is the way runs are scored that matters more :viv.

Back