Zimbabwe vs Pakistan | 4th ODI | Bulawayo | July 20, 2018 | Pakistan Innings

Since when is it a problem for Fakhar to score freely? Wouldn't rotating the strike be an even better way of enabling him, rather than blocking?

Fakhar is taking a few more undue risks than usual, as the commies have noted. No need to take on fielder in the deep a few overs back. Because Imam. Is. Not. Scoring?

Well that’s absolutely not true.
Commentators said he didn’t really have to play that shot! Context is extremely important.

My word again he took a single on the last ball.

Imam has taken a single off the last ball from the last FIVE overs.

Even commentators are discussing Imam's approach of taking singles off the last ball. Its so annoying.

Imam is clearly an improvement over Azhar. He has a wider array of shots and unlike the 33 year old stroke-less wonder.

He is quite similar to the 2013-14 version of Shehzad, who would score hundreds but his low strike rate and poor rotation meant that any innings where he didn’t convert was pretty much useless.

I agree and only time will tell whether he goes the Shehzad route or continues to score big runs..

Rameez obsessed with sixes. "Who will hit the first six" :facepalm:

Easy runs for fakhar and Imam, should be aiming for team score of 400 here!

:facepalm: What is Ramiz Raja's obsession with Sixes, might be trying to jinx the batsmen as he couldn't hit any sixes either....But that is a beautiful shot from Fakhar Zaman

Irony is the guy could barely hit a six himself.

Don’t understand this logic. 99% of the posters on this forum are not half as good as the worst Pakistani player, but that doesn’t stop the posters from criticizing.

There is nothing ironic here. Rameez has the right to voice his opinion regardless of his own abilities.

Also, I think it’s disrepectful to Fakhar to assume that anyone else that opens the batting should play as quickly as he does.

Fakhar is in a different league on a mental level and this allows him to be the batsmen that he is...

The guy is special

Also, I think it’s disrepectful to Fakhar to assume that anyone else that opens the batting should play as quickly as he does.

Fakhar is in a different league on a mental level and this allows him to be the batsmen that he is...

The guy is special

Sahibzada Farhan can.

Weirdly enough, for all his faults, Imam is very good in these middle overs, plays faster than most of our middle order in these overs.

Don’t understand this logic. 99% of the posters on this forum are not half as good as the worst Pakistani player, but that doesn’t stop the posters from criticizing.

There is nothing ironic here. Rameez has the right to voice his opinion regardless of his own abilities.

Yes but 100% of the posters here are not paid well to sit in a commentary box and commentate on a game which includes giving an expert incite to the game..

So yes you don’t have to be able to hit sixes to become a commentator

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but 100% of the posters here are not paid well to sit in a commentary box and commentate on a game which includes giving an expert incite to the game..

What nonsense? We haven't lost a wicket, it's nearly 30 overs, it's Zimbabwe. Expecting sixes is not some huge achievement

Last edited by a moderator:
Imam cannot hit at all so far in his career. These chances which are given to him wont be given by any half decent side.

This match is reminiscent of the times I used to destroy by brother in street cricket

Tactical drop from Zimbabwe to prevent the score getting too high.

What nonsense? We haven't lost a wicket, it's nearly 30 overs, it's Zimbabwe. Expecting sixes is not some huge achievement

again, context is important.
Rambo’s comments were not in the 30th over.

20 overs to go with ten wickets in hand.
Another 200/210 runs is doable.
Play it like a 20/20 now

Ye but theres no need to go for sixes when they're not available, WE should be proud of the fact that Pakistan are 192-0 after 30 with only one six...There use to be times when we would get bowled out for 192

Lol, wrote 133 away in the fastest to 1000 thread, he hit a 4.

Edited it to 129, he hit a 6.

Fakhar on fire, not editing any more xD

wow this is amazing now. Runs against muzzarabani does count. He is pretty decent bowler.

Record partnership ever for Pakistan. 229. Highest ever opening stand.

If Imam gets out and Faheem gets in along with the on fire Fauji, we might see a score of 375+

Rameez is not a great commentator but he gets too much flak. As an overall package, he is the only competent Pakistani commentator at the moment.

Rameez is not a great commentator but he gets too much flak. As an overall package, he is the only competent Pakistani commentator at the moment.

This. He is 10× better than Bazid and Wasim.

I think the cringe factor puts people off him.
Bazid Khan May sound drole and lacks that charisma but his analysis is far better and he doesn’t talk nonsense.

I rate him higher then Rambo.

Imam has only 6 fours and no sixes. Not good enough

Last edited:
Fakhar should play the ball on merit. He is trying to hit every ball.

Bazid's sense of humour is so bad so bad, a plank of wood can make me laugh more than him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This partnership between Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq is now the highest for Pakistan for the 1st wicket in ODI cricket. The previous record was 228* between Imran Farhat and Mohammad Hafeez against Zimbabwe in 2011 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ZIMvPAK?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ZIMvPAK</a></p>— Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/1020242003458772992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fakhar is trying to murder the ball. Has the ball ever been hit harder than this :))

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]

When you buy that dictionary, please look up the word “hypocrite” and then look in the mirror. As ever, your desperation for attention means you choose to defend the indefensible.

Back to the topic:

“Are you serious? How often have posters here criticized different players for their lack of skills? How many times have posters criticized someone like Hafeez for not having the skill to play the moving ball?”

Well done. That is called analysis. Otherwise what would you call your post in this thread where you said Imam is a better batsman than Azhar? Like I said, hypocrite.

Again, you are strawmanning. Where did I (or anyone else for that matter) suggest Rameez said he can hit sixes better than Fakhar and Imam”? Irony and hypocrisy do not, as you seem to think, mean the same thing.

I simply commented it was ironic for Ramiz to say Pakistan needed to hit more sixes, given his own struggles to hit sixes in his career. Indeed Rameez himself accepted as much the next over when he spoke about his own inability to hit sixes.

Rameez himself acknowledged the irony in his comments yet you are too blind to accept your mistake.

Back