2nd Test: Pakistan vs South Africa @ Port Elizabeth (Day 3)

Terrible start to the over from Sami

Mohammad Sami to Gibbs, FOUR, strays down leg and Gibbs is quickly onto that, nudging it easily off his legs and it flies away

chalo bhai, sami of old with the new ball.. second four of the over..i hope he can sort it out and capitalize on this opportunity

pathetic sami need another final chance to prove how great he is

Inzamam goes off the field. He felt his knee after the recent dive to try to remove Gibbs

Oh man....

Another terrible delivery. Gibbs laying into Sami!

Mohammad Sami to Gibbs, FOUR, short, wide and that's an uppish drive - but sent aerial deliberately - and that bounces just short of the cover rope

Asif - persisting with his line- Kallis matching him in concentration with leave after leave. Lets see who gives-in first!!

Asif looking dangerous but very unlucky to get batsman play the ball....yes, we need 2 wickets direly

Its really the batsman's fault. After bowling out for 124, we really should have gotten 300. We were lucky that Inzi was so kingly.

And four.

And lunch.

SA fighting back once again. It's becoming routine now. The pendolum is swinging.

We ned 2 wickets now with this new ball....otherwise this could REALLY get away from us.

Even though South Africa played like snails, it has to be said that this session was controlled by their batsmen. Still have 6 wickets in hand and they lead by 50 runs

rubbish sami going at 3.5 were SA batsman are struggling to score at 2.0

Zohaib said:
SA fighting back once again. It's becoming routine now. The pendolum is swinging.
Other way to look at it is that Pakistan is choking once again - They have done that with alarming regularity outside subcontinent where the pitches are balanced .

So guys what do we do now? Whats the most we can chase? How do we get them out?

Any news on Shoaib?

I feel for pakistan.. bowling with just three main bowlers on a flat track like this is too much. still they got four wickets and could have more with a more potent wicket keeper. it is a good achievement..

SA in effect 50 for 4. I would still rather be in Pakistan's shoes at the moment.

However an early breakthrough after lunch is a must and then better use of the new ball.

saw shoab in the change room in a tracksuit...even if he takes the field I'm pretty sure he wont be able to bowl until late today...

the next session is going to be very important....if pakistan get a wicket or more in the next spell of asif and sami , then they should win easy...but if they dont .....I think S.a could set anything in the region of 200 or more here.....which I suggest would put the game at about 50/50 ...

I don't see the "We are in great position brigade" ... Have they finally woken up ??

We are still in better position but this position can change if we don't get couple of wickets. After that it will be easy.

There is one player who is going to cost us this match and thats Mr. Akmal.

regarding the 3 bowlers.....more bad news is that I'm in P.E ...and it HOT today .(30 degrees plus).....so if they dont get a wicket early after lunch....its bad news for pakistan as south africa has boucher and pollock to come who could quickly fire up a 50-100 each against the part timers...

CrickFan said:
I don't see the "We are in great position brigade" ... Have they finally woken up ??

Bacchay its effectively 50/4 at the moment and you are still saying Pakistan have blown it?

Pakistan is severely handicapped - You can't win a Test match with 3 bowlers ..Just goes to show you can't take the risk of playing injured and temperamental bowlers in a Test match..

I was sleeping through the session. Can someone enlighten me? How did Asif, Kaneria bowl? Did Akmal actually drop a catch?

And why did the batsman play so slowly?

Easa said:
I was sleeping through the session. Can someone enlighten me? How did Asif, Kaneria bowl? Did Akmal actually drop a catch?

And why did the batsman play so slowly?

Akmal did not drop a catch today

CrickFan said:
Pakistan is severely handicapped - You can't win a Test match with 3 bowlers ..Just goes to show you can't take the risk of playing injured and temperamental bowlers in a Test match..

But you can get 6 wickets with only 3 bowlers. We just need two more here and the game is in the bag. Quit the crying for once!

A couple of more wickets at this point would have been nice BUT we are still in a good position - SA are 50-4 and i would gladly take that and im sure SA would much rather be in our position

Hopefully we can pick up a couple of wickets after lunch and then try to finish them off asap

UsmanCHADDA said:
But you can get 6 wickets with only 3 bowlers. We just need two more here and the game is in the bag. Quit the crying for once!
No one is crying here ..just a different perspective my friend . The batsmen to follow - Pollock and Boucher are tailor made for this kind of situation .. and btw - when Pakistan is batting - they will always give opposition a chance ..

Asif needs to strike after lunch, the new ball is just a few overs old.

Pakistan are still in a good position. Play the Saffies game and keep it tight; plenty of time.

All it takes is one or 2 balls to change the course of this match. Still some work to be done for both sides

Good shout but umpire not interested in the LBW from Asif to Gibbs-going over the top

SA 52 for 4.

Pakistan well on top here.

Way too many easy runs on leg side

We must get a wicket within the next 5 overs!!!

Sky need to get their finger out and do something here-- pants this!!
By the way so does Sami ;-)

Asif and Sami bowling well here. Decent start.

Still 54 for 4

Asif and Kaneria will get them InshaAllah - the pitch is playing true and not much swing in the air too so it just needs application and our batsmen have planty of time to get even 250 odd InshaAllah

PepsiCola said:
Even Asif looking dead now. Not good guys!

What are you on about, he's consistently beating the bat, and just bowled an amazing delivery.

Well, well, well. Beauties all around but no result.

Very frustrating.

The picture from sky is ok now and Asif is bowling well here- two good shouts - missing each time though

Back