6th ODI: New Dehli - 1st inning discussion thread [16/04/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bhajji being too economical..a few fours agianst him to screw up his economy would do just fine

trudging along fairly easily at the moment

115 for 2 after 18 overs

Malik not out 42
Yoyo not out 24

Assalam-o-Alikum All:

Pak doing well, RR=6.39... lets keep wickets in hand for another 10 overs or so , 6 an over will keep us on track for 350+

salam

i think at this stage we r looking at 310 plus..
these 2 are batting very well, taking the singles at will and put on near 50 at a run a ball

harbhajan is bowling well also

this wicket cud slow the scoring down with the spinners...

slow stuff from both sides now - hopefully yoyo and malik have learned from their mistakes in the 5th ODI.

they should just be patient and score if runs are there.

salam noddy bhai AND miggy...

playing relatively well...

hope noddy bhai u can constantly update us on your thoughts on how the match is progressing for pak and wehat needs to be done in the next few overs.

yy not picking the length on that sweep, almost sweeping a half volley from harbhajan, got 2 for it though

could all of u guyz keep on updating the scores because many internet sites have become too slow and some are down...

thanks

Mongoose and Hubby are slowing bringing India back into the game

i don't know why people are worried about us gettign bogged down

we are 130 for 2 after 20.1 overs!

Things are looking good for Pak at the moment. Just need to keep rotating the strike and hitting the bad balls to set up the last 15 overs for the charge.

300 looking good at the moment.

on leg side, played to mid-on, Kaif's misfield allows couple of runs

:)) :)) :)) :))

probably rameez raja or sanjay majrekar..they're avid fans of entertainment..

i remember in the asia cup when there was a drinks break, i think the two didn't realise the cameras were on and sanjay was playing dhol on the desk and rameez was singing some old indian/pakistani sing..

hilarious!!!!

:))) :))) :)))

i will try
i am doing tv work from 1145 local time so may not be able to get on.....

these 2 still making the board tick, whilst being watchful v bhajju

Gasherbrum said:
pervaz brought his wife sehba to the game. manmohan brought his date, sonia gandhi.
Lol... Sonia Gandhi was the next prime minister but fear of assasination she appointed Manmohan Singh

noddy bhai- what do you think will be a good score on this track?

Malik 22 runs away from getting the minimum amount he gets for us to win (according to mercs stats)

mongia looks just a little slow through the air, gives the batsmen time to wait on the ball. both batsmen approaching 50 here.

if we can get to 180 after 30 with 2 down, then we could raise 330 plus

I wud expect that as a minimum if this was the case...

We should target 350.

India are known to be good chasers

sachin getting turn already

excellent knock for malik....50..

noddy bhai, have u talked to razzaq lately? and if so, where does he say he prefers to bat despite him wanting to play for the team?

50 for Malik well played bhai jaan

yousaf out for me there
what a silly shot.....he cant play that shot./

unbelievable first over shot

guess wat..the last 2 fifties he made also came form 60 balls!!!!!

his strike rate is
1. amazing
2. consistent

well done..now only 18 more runs to ensure us a win (according to merc)

no i havent asked him abt that....
knowing him he wud say he wud play ....

Question

If Malik is so consistant how come his avg. remains around 30~ odd

any takes on how long before it hits near 40 mark????

so we need 32 more runs in 5 overs in order to be in a position to get 330 plus accoridng ot noddy bhai..

i think we wil get 170

Pak need to hold on - the running between the wickets is amazing

Congrats Malik. Time to convert the 50 into 100.

Go Malik!

well over lord..we have to realise that malik came to international cricket quite a while back..and he used to bat in tail..

and even till jeet lo dil sereis he came lower down..its only been since july 2004 (asia cup) that malik comes in at 3 and has been more consistent thus and has had more time to play an innings..

tv replay called, YY looks in to me, good running and good fielding from sachin as well

wot rudi didnt give harharan did

that is a poor decision wot was his basis to give that

what!!!!!!!!!! guess who's the tv umpire.
hariharan!! even ravi shastri was shocked, looked almost academic there. and he's given him out.
woolmer, everybody just can't believe it. waqar calling hariharan a brave man, saying you won't see that given anywhere else.

even third umpire cannot judge properly????? this is stupid..

i hoe inzi smashes a lot to make up for the stupid umpiring

Indians starting to use desperate measures now. They cannot beat us fair and square the little sh*ts have to cheat

third umpire is crazy

naaaaaaa ... he is just indian ...

----------------------------------------

I wonder if there are suspension for Umpires for a clearly bias decesion.

This is ridiculous by third umpire Hariharan.....................restored to cheating to breakup the partnership now.............What an idiot man......comms said that benefit should have been given to batsmen.........and HARI decided to favour his countrymen...................

First the close lbws, now the 3rd umpires as well....

all they can do is put it in the captains report to the icc...nothing more

more pressure on pak, and more so malik to play thru to take us to 300 plus now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back