Australia reach 166/2 on Day 1 of the 3rd Test against India in Sydney

The Australians are so scared of the Indians that they deliberately played a half fit David Warner because of the fear of losing

Last edited by a moderator:
The Australians are so scared of the Indians that they deliberately played a half fit David Warner because of the fear of losing

Warner declared himself fit according to the commys

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to get debutant, Smith and Marnus before tea if there is play. Will be tough on this phatta :(

Nah...Bhuvneshwar wouldn't have played here, you need pace in Aus.

Anyways, it's pointless to call Bhuvneshwar a miss, he hasn't played a test in 3 years and I don't think he's gonna last too long.

He bowls at the same 0ace as Siraj does

But he bowls too slow for Aussie pitches. I believe he was kept out of a Test in South Africa for the same reason.

He bowls at the same pace as Siraj. And his average in each country is way better than Shami (except in Ais, but thats because did one innings with injury)

That too against significantly weakened Indian team. Anything less than a win(assume rain doesn’t play spoilsport) will be an embarrassment for the Aussies.

Cautious would be the proper word. The Aussies have never feared anybody till date.

Cautious would be the proper word. The Aussies have never feared anybody till date.

It’s actually reckless to rush someone who isn’t match fit against a team that have lost their best batsman and half the bowling resources. IMO I would not called that ‘Cautious’. Cautious would’ve been if they allowed Warner to regain fitness for final test.

why is Bumrah classified as a Right arm Fast instead of medium fast hes only hitting 140ks?

For the same reason Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis were termed as Fast, when infact they were medium fast and sometime bowled fast medium.

What’s the weather forecast for rest of the days?

Pathetic to ply the match at Sydney after explosions of covid there

It’s actually reckless to rush someone who isn’t match fit against a team that have lost their best batsman and half the bowling resources. IMO I would not called that ‘Cautious’. Cautious would’ve been if they allowed Warner to regain fitness for final test.

Reminds me of when Sachin was rushed after missing the first 2 Tests during Australia's tour to India back in 2004. Sachin was recovering from his tennis elbow injury, and India lost the first 2 Tests during his absence.

Reminds me of when Sachin was rushed after missing the first 2 Tests during Australia's tour to India back in 2004. Sachin was recovering from his tennis elbow injury, and India lost the first 2 Tests during his absence.
Will result of this series also go similar lines, I mean home team losing despite having everything going their way?

It will be really humiliating if Australia with its full strength team (Warner, Smith, Labu, Starc et al) at its own ground can’t beat a highly weakened India team that’s missing half its first XI. Just shows how overhyped Australia is.

Their supposedly great performance in the last century was probably thanks to the absence of DRS, snickometer, third umpire, no neutral umpires and cameras noticing everything players do in the ground.

In 2004 India went to Australia.

Well, looks like even with 3 of our first choice bowlers missing, Warner won't be able to score 335* at 80 SR :ua

Batting looks easier now with the sun out, these 2 at the crease look set for a good score.

And Pak without their best batsman still didnt get out for 36. :smith

Meh. We have still win a test match here just a few days ago. Come back and talk when you can avoid a thrashing in every single match here with a full strength side , let alone a depleted one :rabada2

Meh. We have still win a test match here just a few days ago. Come back and talk when you can avoid a thrashing in every single match here with a full strength side , let alone a depleted one :rabada2

Come back when you can survive more than 3 days in a test in NZ.:ssmith

Aussie commentators constantly talking about Indias game planning and having done their homework against the Aus players and sticking and executing to plans.

When was the last time we heard that when Pakistan is playing ? :ssmith

The only reason you survived is because new zealamd needed time to pile on 650 + and you still couldnt bowl them out :facepalm

As the purpose is banter we can easily leave the facts out that in the first test no one scored 600 and match went till last 4 overs or so. :kp

There’s no difference in losing within 3 days or in the last 5 overs of the fifth day. You either lose or not. I won’t mind India again getting bundled out of 25 in an inning if it wins at least one of the next 2 matches.

There’s no honour in losing every match.

Aussie commentators constantly talking about Indias game planning and having done their homework against the Aus players and sticking and executing to plans.

When was the last time we heard that when Pakistan is playing ? :ssmith

For that you need some sharm, some aqal and some passion. Sadly our coaches have nothing of these.

We won a Test series there in 2009. When did you last win a Test series there? :))
Lol. Pak won the series in 2011.
The last asian team to win a test there. Let alone a series.
Do your homework man.

Lol. Pak won in 2011.
The last asian team to win a test there. Let alone a series.
Do your homework man.
that's some face-palm moment. Anyways right now India team is way ahead us, sadly can't say the same about their fans.

Runs will flow from Labu's bat now that the pitch is flat.

Warner, Pucovski, Smith, Labuschagne and then the bowlers. This team has way too much quality for India .

Bumrah has immense control.
Siraj is not as quick as i had heard he was. Medium pacish.

Bumrah has immense control.
Siraj is not as quick as i had heard he was. Medium pacish.

Siraj is better than anything we have maybe bar Shaheen, and he is their 5th choice bowler. That's how much the gulf is. How tables turn.

Early impression but puckowski looks a player.
Looks ten times better than joe burns.

Early impression but puckowski looks a player.
Looks ten times better than joe burns.

Commies said that he is someone aussie cricket circle is most excited about since Ponting.

Siraj is better than anything we have maybe bar Shaheen, and he is their 5th choice bowler. That's how much the gulf is. How tables turn.

Indian bowlers are not obsessed with pace, they make plans and stick to that , that is why they get wickets

Looks like Australia is finally stable up top.. This should get them a good first innings score.

Would be interesting to see how Pucovski plays against spin.

They need Labu & Smith to finally score some runs in this series. Especially for Smith's 'ATG' to be justified.
Lol. Australians are the last ones to go after personal milestones. Sydney was always a road.

They need Labu & Smith to finally score some runs in this series. Especially for Smith's 'ATG' to be justified.

Easiest to way beat us is Flat surface and now we don't have 3 pacers :facepalm: this is going to be a torturous test for us.

Lol. Australians are the last ones to go after personal milestones. Sydney was always a road.
You don't get it. They were winning easily when these 2 were scoring runs and hence this.

Is there an indian bowler that hasnt improved under Bharat Arun?
Gem of a coach for india. The dude has improved guys like ishanth and yadav.
Plus the bowling plans are top notch. Earns his paycheck.

You don't get it. They were winning easily when these 2 were scoring runs and hence this.
Dude, check the history of runs scored in Sydney. Even Pant scored a 150 there. Its always been flat as a pancake.

There is one. Khaleel Ahmed. Became a trundler after bowling 92 mph. May be he didn’t have physical ability to sustain it.
But other than that, he has been great.

I think restricting Aus under or around 300 here would be a decent effort and match would be possibly in balance. Anything above 360,370 would give Aussies the advantage.

Agreed.

Test match bowling is all about finding the right length and just bowling enough balls in the right areas.

Thats impressive man, Pak has won 7 test series in NZ ? That means Pak pretty much won almost all of the test series in NZ since the time of Imran ?
Pakistan has dominated New Zealand home and away until 2016.New Zealand had only won 2 series against Pakistan until 2016 and they played more than 20 series.

There is one. Khaleel Ahmed. Became a trundler after bowling 92 mph. May be he didn’t have physical ability to sustain it.
But other than that, he has been great.
Personally i never rated Khaleel tbf.

Ashwin bowling first morning of a SENA test shows how he is on top of his game. Credit to him.
I can think of a lot of spinners who'd get murdered here.

Back