Australia reach 166/2 on Day 1 of the 3rd Test against India in Sydney

For the same reason Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis were termed as Fast, when infact they were medium fast and sometime bowled fast medium.

how do you distinguish between medium fast and fast medium? I thought they were interchangeable.

Good intensity, accuracy and plans on display here from Indian team.

We've dried up the runs but can't take any wickets.

Poor drop from Pant, it wasnt that difficult.

If there is someone that Ashwin hates the most, I think it's no one else but Rishabh Pant.

Pant dropped 2 catches off Ashwin in the MCG test as well.

Sigh! We are forever destined to have a poor WK in our ranks!

Poor drop from Pant, it wasnt that difficult.
We might have to go back to Saha when England tours India if he keeps dropping chances for spinners. Keeping for spinners in India is way more difficult.

There is one. Khaleel Ahmed. Became a trundler after bowling 92 mph. May be he didn’t have physical ability to sustain it.
But other than that, he has been great.

I believe the speed guns in that U19 tournament were a bit inflated, even some Pakistani bowlers were clocked higher than they were at the time.

We might have to go back to Saha when England tours India if he keeps dropping chances for spinners. Keeping for spinners in India is way more difficult.

Yes in India keeping ability over batting ability should take precedence. Indian batting is strong at home and tracks do turn for spinners, both of these reasons justify giving more weight to keeping ability in India.

I am absolutely loving the tactics by the Indians pacers. Most teams employ the off stump, just slightly off stump bringing the edges into play but the Indian team management has done something completely different where they are pitching the ball just on a good length on the off, middle stump and have packed the leg side.

The Australians have no answers except to defend, if they try to flick the ball, the Indians have fielders in the right position. Have never seen an Australian team under so much pressure and playing such careful circumspect cricket out of desperation not to lose wickets.

Also Ashwin showing why he is the best offspinner in the world ie each and every delivery is bowled at a different pace, loop, one that spins prodigously, one that spins slightly, a Carrom ball.

This Indian side is perhaps the most professional ever and have a hunger to keep on winning, evolving and growing.

Misbah, Waqar belong in the 90's in comparison

I believe the speed guns in that U19 tournament were a bit inflated, even some Pakistani bowlers were clocked higher than they were at the time.
Not U-19. He was much slower then. I think he bowled that in a domestic tournament which was televised. I believe it was Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament. He bowled 145 kph in 2018 IPL too. Then his pace went down drastically.

lol at claiming that.

Clearly dropped it, really poor from Pant.

Remember the rubbish Ponting got for Sydney years ago?

lol at claiming that.

Clearly dropped it, really poor from Pant.

Remember the rubbish Ponting got for Sydney years ago?

Remember Ganguly “catching” Gilchrist off of Bhajji in the 2003 WC final?

I am absolutely loving the tactics by the Indians pacers. Most teams employ the off stump, just slightly off stump bringing the edges into play but the Indian team management has done something completely different where they are pitching the ball just on a good length on the off, middle stump and have packed the leg side.

The Australians have no answers except to defend, if they try to flick the ball, the Indians have fielders in the right position. Have never seen an Australian team under so much pressure and playing such careful circumspect cricket out of desperation not to lose wickets.

Also Ashwin showing why he is the best offspinner in the world ie each and every delivery is bowled at a different pace, loop, one that spins prodigously, one that spins slightly, a Carrom ball.

This Indian side is perhaps the most professional ever and have a hunger to keep on winning, evolving and growing.

Misbah, Waqar belong in the 90's in comparison

Well put.

LOL at pant he should not be allowed back in the team.He should improve his fitness first.

why would you claim that there is no way you can get away with that. Just say you're not sure and look at instead of looking like a dummy.

Everyone please note that Pant dropped this same catch not just once, but twice :inti

Pant not doing any favours to his reputation as keeper here. He wasn’t extraordinary as keeper but, I think he has performed even below his ability in last few overs. Needs to forget that and get his head straight here as bowlers are creating oppurtunities.

I would rather have a keeper who can keep wickets than scoring runs cause missed opportunities will always cause a lot more damage than number 6-7 batsman not scoring so Saha is what India needs not this fat boy

This is why you need a good keeper, a makeshift keeper can lose you matches.

If Pant had given Smith or Warner 2-3 lives, it would be game over.

Pucovski doesn't look comfortable against the short ball.

Not a surprise given his concussion history.

Pathetic from Pant. If he can't even pouch regulation catches, what hope will our bowlers have on this pitch?

Siraj set that up, by bowling so many deliveries at the stumps, he finally bowled a surprise short ball knowing that the Australian batsman out of desperation to break the shackles will try to take on the short ball and he almost got a wicket.

This is the art of setting the batsmen up. Waqar as the bowling coach has a lot to learn on how to explain this to the troops and the bowlers under his watch should learn and absorb. But lol I know Waqar does not have the capacity to understand these things, Waqar in his mind still believes that fast bowling is still the same as when he was playing

Looks like Indians wont bowl Saini here at all, so Indians now down to 4 bowlers, Aus batters will feast here, the wicket looks flat..

Siraj set that up, by bowling so many deliveries at the stumps, he finally bowled a surprise short ball knowing that the Australian batsman out of desperation to break the shackles will try to take on the short ball and he almost got a wicket.

This is the art of setting the batsmen up. Waqar as the bowling coach has a lot to learn on how to explain this to the troops and the bowlers under his watch should learn and absorb. But lol I know Waqar does not have the capacity to understand these things, Waqar in his mind still believes that fast bowling is still the same as when he was playing

Siraj bowled well but that was more down to Pucovski lack of confidence against short balls.

He has looked iffy against short balls throughout.

Smith with a platform, on a flat wicket, against the older ball, short on runs and a point to prove... it could get ugly.

Just like Moin Khan taking the greatest bumped catch of all time against Ganguly. Looks like Ganguly learned from the Pakistanis.

Rashid Latif basically picked the ball off the ground against Bangladesh in 2003. It was worse than what Moin did.

India has been really impressive all tour even though they are undermanned. Salute to Mr. Tracer Bullet :shezzy2

When Saha Drops Tough Catch - He is old , Waste , Remove him , Bring in Pant , He is not Saha but he is Haha ....

When Pant Drops Tough Catch - He will learn from his mistakes, he has age on his side, He is good batsman, He is cute , He is naughty....

Being a Pant fan I have to admit the facts
:facepalm

When Saha Drops Tough Catch - He is old , Waste , Remove him , Bring in Pant , He is not Saha but he is Haha ....

When Pant Drops Tough Catch - He will learn from his mistakes, he has age on his side, He is good batsman, He is cute , He is naughty....

He is naughtyyyy?? :sarf2

I honestly feel Asif would’ve surpassed Waqar as a pacer. He was way more smarter

He’s still stuck in the bottlecap era.

On topic though our brother Md. Siraj looks like a very skilled guy :amla

Camerawork on the leg side has been pretty ordinary here.

Sab khairiat hai bhai? :asadrauf :ibutt

How about Pakistan doctoring the pitch overnight to avoid losing against BD? You really wanna go that route? Gonna be ugly.

Just kidding around bro, we’ve done far worse itna tou mujhay bhi pata hai. For the sake of one last potshot though, how about the DRS team sitting in a van outside Mohali ;)

India needs to be a bit more tight. Can’t let these Oceanic teams build any sort of base to launch off from. Keep making inroads keep taking wickets at regular intervals.

It’s a flat chapati track, but still

Lol you were also going after me. I hope you have realised why I was against this average player getting hyped up by equally average fans like [MENTION=3327]Indiafan[/MENTION] [MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION] [MENTION=146232]jeeteshssaxena[/MENTION]. His dropped catches can cost India this match and series but being a die hard Pant fan you should keep supporting him otherwise you will look like a hypocrite now. :inti

Dont know when we will see a keeper like Dhoni again.
Man with golden hands and good cricket brain.. Really missing Dhoni.
Irreplaceable person.

Dont know when we will see a keeper like Dhoni again.
Man with golden hands and good cricket brain.. Really missing Dhoni.
Irreplaceable person.
Lol. Dhoni was a never good test player. And played 4 years past his sell date and that is even worse by our subcontinental standards.
He was an LOI legend for sure though.

Back