Australia reach 166/2 on Day 1 of the 3rd Test against India in Sydney

Still can't believe the Indians claimed that catch, what a disgrace, but to be expected from the Indians.

If Bumrah doesn't bowl in this innings, Australia may score 700 runs in this innings

Lol. Dhoni was a never good test player. And played 4 years past his sell date and that is even worse by our subcontinental standards.
He was an LOI legend for sure though.

Enough for wk batsman.
He is good keeper.

No point of scoring 50's and dropping crucial catches like Pant.
I am worrying about upcoming England tour on square turning pitches.

To be honest India is still in a favorable position. Short ball needs to be used more against Pucovski, you need to be ruthless about his concussion history - pepper him with bouncers aimed straight at the head and he’ll either induce an edge or retire hurt. No need to set him up for this too much - he has a way too deeply psychologically ingrained aversion to balls aimed at his head and rightly so - it’s career threatening and life threatening.

If India can get a breakthrough or two in the current session, I’m backing them to win the Test.

ErG0CdsXcAIiL82

KL Rahul will not do any worse than this good-for-nothing Pant. I lost the count of number of catches he dropped thus far. Ashwin's rhythm is gone too. This is what one drop catch can do to the confidence of a bowler and the body language of the entire team. Ugh! Kick this Pant out of the team until he learns better WK skills.

Does anyone here rate Cameron Green? Like really rate him? I’ve felt he’s been pretty okay so far.

KL Rahul will not do any worse than this good-for-nothing Pant. I lost the count of number of catches he dropped thus far. Ashwin's rhythm is gone too. This is what one drop catch can do to the confidence of a bowler and the body language of the entire team. Ugh! Kick this Pant out of the team until he learns better WK skills.

Agree

Enough for wk batsman.
He is good keeper.

No point of scoring 50's and dropping crucial catches like Pant.
I am worrying about upcoming England tour on square turning pitches.
He also struggled in keeping initially and batted pretty poorly in SENA. For England tour, I think Indian team might go back to Saha as he bats pretty decent in India.

Kaash ki koi miracle ho jaye and we wrap Aus up under 200 again, toh mazza aa jaye:smith

Bumrah ,Ash, Siraj bowled really well - this session loss is on Pant, unfortunately game is all about the momentum and it has shifted, Aus will dictate from now on

had it been India batting first on that wicket, they would have got out for 50 or 60....it's a bowling paradise and indian bowlers have failed miserably....so overrated

Looks like Pakistan isnt the only team going through some troubles. Probably sound like a broken record that while its ok to criticize our boys we shouldnt use words like pathetic and disgusting they are just trying to play cricket.

Back to India though, too many geriatrics (as Junaids might say) :)))

australia is going to post at least 600 ....way more than enough for innings victory

Looks like Pakistan isnt the only team going through some troubles. Probably sound like a broken record that while its ok to criticize our boys we shouldnt use words like pathetic and disgusting they are just trying to play cricket.

Back to India though, too many geriatrics (as Junaids might say) :)))

I’m sure Junaids would have also kicked out Saha for Pant.

australia is going to post at least 600 ....way more than enough for innings victory

The break will interrupt Pucovski’s focus. India should pepper him with 5-6 overs of short ball, bouncers aimed at the head as soon as they come back on.

Best Indians can hope for here is a draw, bumrah looks injured, they have 2 bowlers in the spinners...

Man I think my dogs understand cricket, I swear everytime India does something exciting on the field be it a wicket or even a drop chance they start jumping up and down, or may be they just like to imitate me:26:

India would be looking to get another wicket here , they would not like this partnership to grow too much

Saini is utter trash. Natarajan was a better choice. Saini was exposed in the limited over leg of the tour. Yet he made it to the test team. Even Shardul Thakur would have been a better choice here.

Saini so far has bowled like muhammad musa on debut, albeit 5 kms slower.
Guy can fight back though.

Saini is utter trash. Natarajan was a better choice. Saini was exposed in the limited over leg of the tour. Yet he made it to the test team. Even Shardul Thakur would have been a better choice here.
ohh..no

We need to do produce something really special to get a breakthrough here, can't appreciate Siraj enough for getting Warner early.

India needs to get Ishant Sharma fit ASAP. This bowling attack is looking worse by the minute.

Still not convinced on Saini. The Mr short wide outside the offstump of a bad length. Steve Smith going to Eat the Indians on this flat Phatta

Saini strikes against the run of play. Pukovski missed a straight one there tbh. This should give him the confidence to land two balls in the same spot.

Thakur can bat. Saini is good for nothing.

Sorry, I don't think I've ever seen him play. I judged him off his substitute entry the other day. His presence was good enough to rubbish him away based on similar trash who've played for India :rabada2

Tribute to India's leg stump tactics. Learn Waqar, learn

Pucovski has already been very lucky, finally he runs out of luck.

Four

first positive shot by Smith , Aussies desperately needs him to come into form here

Its brilliant how no one tinkered with bumrahs bowling action in india.
A paindu coach could have killed his career by ill thought out modifications.

So Smith hits his first boundary of the series in this game!! This is tremendous stuff from our bowlers, hope we get him cheaply today as well.

Poor from Rahane, bowling debutant against Smith despite knowing what stranglehold Ashwin has on Smith during this series...

Better bowling by Saini. He seems to have understood the length to bowl fast. Hopefully he improves.

Jadeja should also be called in, there seems to be no purchase for pacers.

Runs off Saini's overs could be the difference between this match & previous matches! The reason we were on Top of the Game was because of strangling the runs by every bowler!

Runs off Saini's overs could be the difference between this match & previous matches! The reason we were on Top of the Game was because of strangling the runs by every bowler!
This is a flat road. Previous pitches weren’t. That could also be one difference.

Back