Status
Not open for further replies.

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Scorecard after Day 1

akyz.jpg

Can Smith go on to make a big score? Can England roll the OZ for under 350? This wicket is only going to get faster. Today is where we see what the Poms are made of, this could be the make or break day in terms of winning/saving the Ashes.

If Eng allows Smith and Johnson to bat for another next 40-45 minutes then it will become very tough for Eng. Best hope for Eng will be to bowl out Aus quickly and then 2-3 players to make some big runs.

It's easier said than done though, specially based on how they have played so far.

Unfortunately, I'm wide awake.

Tempted to settle in and witness today's agony in full.

Smith has turned into a fine batsman, the kid has a bright future. When Watto started his career I always thought he was mediocre and my perception on Smith was the same, they both have surprised me.

Jonno :out for 37 kicked to the keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I'm wide awake.

Tempted to settle in and witness today's agony in full.

Lol what's so agonising. It's a make or break day where we will see if this team has the desire to bounce back. I think there are a few twists in this story yet

Let's see if Broad can get a fifer here. He's bowling at nearly 90 mph. Seems to have upped his pace a bit!

Broad is by far our best bowler at the moment.

Kind of like being the star performer in the special olympics team but eh.

Smith drives me nuts. He is rubbish who sometimes seems to become good for a few hours. He is a club cricketer.

Smith is shacking his head but he hit it. Hot spot and snicko both show it.

Faint edge well caught by snicko and hotspot. Good example of technology being used correctly

Two clear examples of evidence and he's still shaking his head. Sorry to say it, but once an Aussie always an Aussie.

Good innings though.

OZ will provably de trolled for between 350 and 370, good score at the WACA I think. I'm looking forward to seeing us bowl here

Smith drives me nuts. He is rubbish who sometimes seems to become good for a few hours. He is a club cricketer.

Not quite a club cricketer but he is a strange player. Half the time he looks awful, half the time he looks like a good batsman.

Good start from England this morning.

3rd successive Test where we've let the lower order get too many runs though.

The batting has been getting all the flack, and yes it has been awful, but the bowling has been tripe as well.

I didnt see much of yesterday but Broad is bowling exactly the right line and length for the WACA.

I didnt see much of yesterday but Broad is bowling exactly the right line and length for the WACA.

He was all over yesterday. Bowled poorly for WACA.

On another note, Cook and his poor field placement. Need to simply put 4-5 slips.

Beefy, Nass and Athers fuming with Cook and his poxy field placings.

Beefy, Nass and Athers fuming with Cook and his poxy field placings.

2 catches went around 4th slip and Cook put a third man to save runs against 2 tails. Ridiculous.

Well, one more wicket then let's see how well Eng bats here. 2-3 guys need to make big runs.

Last edited:
OZ will be bowling shortly, Rhino out for 12

Broad bowled heaps too short yesterday. Just got shorter and shorter as the day went on

Me too. 250 tops. Pitch seems to have got worse too for batting and it wasn't great to start with.

For England to win it you'd think 400 will be needed, with a 50 run lead at least.

Still can't get over how Well Smith played yesterday for his hundred. Looked a much better player than I remember, no offence. Best innings of the series IMO.

Me too. 250 tops. Pitch seems to have got worse too for batting and it wasn't great to start with.

For England to win it you'd think 400 will be needed, with a 50 run lead at least.

Still can't get over how Well Smith played yesterday for his hundred. Looked a much better player than I remember, no offence. Best innings of the series IMO.

Eng also bowled bit poorly to him. Too straight or short to let him score on the leg side rather than exploiting his weakness on 4th/5th stump line. Still , full credit to Smith to play that well when team needed it.

Last edited:
Lol at warney saying "wherever the ball will get hit next Cook will put a man there. He just keeps following the ball, like joining the dots" :)))

2 catches went around 4th slip and Cook put a third man to save runs against 2 tails. Ridiculous.

Well, one more wicket then let's see how well Eng bats here. 2-3 guys need to make big runs.

He went to broad and asked if you need a 4th slip? Broad said NO get me a third man. Either cook allows bowlers to set their field or he hasn't stamped his authority at all yet..

He went to broad and asked if you need a 4th slip? Broad said NO get me a third man. Either cook allows bowlers to set their field or he hasn't stamped his authority at all yet..

Probably Cook is not himself too convinced.

Well, Eng have become too used to the mindset of keeping it tight and wait for the batsman to make mistakes. I don't get it why they will think like that on this pitch against tails when they are able to bowl in right channels. By now, Eng should have been batting if Eng had put extra slips rather than putting third man.

Last edited:
Lol. Australia might get to 400 after all. Dreadful performance from England. Australia were 143/5 at one point. Now even Lyon is toying with their bowlers.

Some useful tail order runs might get us to 400

He should have said "well if you keep bowling that length which is the right length I'm giving you a fourth slip not a 3rd man, we need wickets not saving runs"

Make or break.

If they are ever going to stand up and be counted, it's now. Must bat well.

He should have said "well if you keep bowling that length which is the right length I'm giving you a fourth slip not a 3rd man, we need wickets not saving runs"

yeah but he didn't fight for his gas and complied with broads request. Lacks authority I guess. I think until now cook had it easy, he would toughen up as a captain after this tour.

Bresnan 0/81 :facepalm:

Even if Finn has been bowling dross, surely he would have offered a bit more than this.

Make or break.

If they are ever going to stand up and be counted, it's now. Must bat well.

If Eng can hang in there then it's not so easy there. It's very hot.

Wonder if Clarke will declare just to annoy Cook

All out for 385 saves Clarke having to declare. England have to navigate a nasty 25 mins before lunch

Should get 400 first shouldn't he? Psychological pressure on England and all that.

Another 15 runs isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. Catching the England openers on the hop and making them have to run in and get ready in 10 mins when they are not expecting it might reap bigger dividends. Do what they aren't expecting and all that IMO

All out for 385 saves Clarke having to declare.

LOL

If openers can hang for some time , it's very hot out there. Good thing for Aus is that Harris and Johnson can bowl for around 40 odd minutes and then can come after the lunch break.

4 for 59 is a reasonable effort from England this morning. If they had crumbled, Australia could easily have scored 500 again.

It's yesterday's 6 for 325 that will probably lose us the game.

At the pace Jonno is bowling all England have to do is deflect the ball and it will go for 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back