Australia v England at Sydney

47.3 McGrath to Dalrymple, SIX!!, another short of length delivery on the stumps, Dalrymple goes on the backfoot and pulls it over deep mid wicket, makes contact and good contact to fetch maximum result!!!

Great shot. 66666666

England: 269/6 (47.4 Ovs)
Jamie Dalrymple* 25(16)

47.6 McGrath to Dalrymple, THATS OUT!! Run Out!!

Another wicket. This time its a run out.

Plunkett and Ravi can both hit a long ball. Time to do it now!

genghis81 said:
But then again doesn't every team have three good strike bowlers and then the part timers and run stoppers after that.
SA have a much deeper bowling lineup than AUS.

Hey Rob....do you know anything about this kid named Bilal Shafyat?...
i spoke to him a good 2 and a half years ago and he was quite hopeful of making the ENG team so where is he now?

PlanetPakistan said:

Well I don't think teams find Kallis all that threatening in ODI. Even with them I think its pretty much Nel, Ntini and Pollock.

292/7. Great innings by the lads. A superb hundred by Joyce and great support from Loye, Bell, Strauss, Dalrymple. Great striking at the end to get up by 300.

England end at : 292/7 (50.0 Ovs)

Not a bad score. Aussies wont find it too easy with ponting being absent.

It'll be an interesting chase for the aussies without Ponting. But they got plenty of class to make it. All comes down to how well England bowlers go.

PlanetPakistan said:
:O ...and how many overs did this freak bowl?
He bowled 10 overs. But took a pasting. 2/68.
England have made 7/292

genghis81 said:
Well I don't think teams find Kallis all that threatening in ODI. Even with them I think its pretty much Nel, Ntini and Pollock.
Well they have quite a few quality bowlers other than their top 3...there is R Telemacus, A Hall(very underrated ODI bowler), D Steyn and C Langavelt to name a few!

PlanetPakistan said:

I disagree - I've seen a lot of Hilfenhaus and he's one very impressive swing bolwer, and Johnson is just starting to come into his own. SA have some good bowling all-rounders, but not as penetrating as what the Aussies have to offer.

PlanetPakistan said:
Well they have quite a few quality bowlers other than their top 3...there is R Telemacus, A Hall(very underrated ODI bowler), D Steyn and C Langavelt to name a few!
Telemachus ...very ordinary bowler IMO. I would rate our Razzak miles ahead of him.
A Hall ... yes maybe, but still not any better than say a Clark
Steyn ... not part of the ODI squad as he does get smacked around a fair bit like Tait.
Langevelt ... haven't seen much of him so can't really comment on that one.

Just noticed Mahmood is playing as well. Geez this guy hasn't played for a long while. The last time I saw him in a ODI he got absolutely slaughtered.

Gilly will bat slowly at the start but will get his innings faster as it goes along.
I hope we see some fireworks from him. :) It's never a classic Gilly innings without lots of sixes. :) England are going down! \/ :):):):):):)

genghis81 said:
Telemachus ...very ordinary bowler IMO. I would rate our Razzak miles ahead of him.
A Hall ... yes maybe, but still not any better than say a Clark
Steyn ... not part of the ODI squad as he does get smacked around a fair bit like Tait.
Langevelt ... haven't seen much of him so can't really comment on that one.
Totally agree...not a good choice!

The other 3(Hall, Langavelt and R Telemacus) are primarily ODI bowlers and all 3 of them have performed quite a bit better than the likes of S Clark and Shane Watson.

Missed the first innings as I was at the pub but at last a decent match! Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to get to the finish. What's the pitch like?

OZGOD said:
Missed the first innings as I was at the pub but at last a decent match! Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to get to the finish. What's the pitch like?

There's a bit in it with the new ball, but after that it's a belter of a pitch

OZGOD said:
Do you guys have pubs in Boston that show cricket?

Sacrilicious said:
I disagree - I've seen a lot of Hilfenhaus and he's one very impressive swing bolwer, and Johnson is just starting to come into his own. SA have some good bowling all-rounders, but not as penetrating as what the Aussies have to offer.
Admittedly i have never seen him bowl but i don't think that he will go to the Caribbean.

What a ball by Plunkett. Waqar Younis eat your heart out. Deadly yorker knocking Gilchrist over first ball. It swung back miles.

0.1 Plunkett to Gilchrist, OUT, what a start! Brilliant, brilliant delivery from Plunkett. Full, fast, inswinging, perfect yorker length, and Gilchrist has no answer whatsoever! Well, well ... England are on a roll!

OZGOD said:

don't keep urself awake. Aussie gonna loose this one and keep Eng in tournament to kick out NZ if Eng able to beat them

Sean. said:
Oh no no no! Hodge gone too! Played on for 1.
2/4

What a useless waste of space Stodge is. He can kiss his WC chances goodbye, not that they were that high anyway...

Haydunce is going to need to play a big one today.

Plunkett has been hovering around close to 150 as well. Great pace from these two.
Clarke is in quite a positive mood though

there's something wrong with the speed machine...else it puts into perspective you guys droning on about "speed demon " shoab ahktar (who bowled like 2 balls in 150's in a test match)....

So Tait got a spanking ?

:)))

watch folks as my cutting words againt this new australia come into fruition.....

anyway...in comes Andrew "pretty boy "symmonds ...always fun ..

Plunkett to Clarke, out Caught by Nixon!! short and wide outside off, Clarke goes on the backfoot and looks to slash it away hard, manages a thick outside edge on that occasion and Nixon takes a neat sharp catch, that is a rash shot to play when you are 2 wickets down early!!! M Clarke c P Nixon b L Plunkett 18(29) 4s-2 6s-0
12.2 Plunkett to Clarke, THATS OUT!! Caught!!

Three down. Aussies in spot of bother.

Hmm. Clarke out! Gone for 18. Bowled by Plunkett and caught by Nixon.
3/47

I saw a few balls bowled by Tait, he wasn't bowling all out. Quite surprised to see the readings of the speed machine.

666666666666 for Haydunce. Symmo's looked ordinary so far.

What a shot! fantastic six from Hayden to wide mid-on. He moves along to 22.
3/53.

Nearly out 2 balls later. Hayden top edges a pull shot and just falls wide of a diving Bopara.
3/56
13.5 overs.

I have a feeling that Symmo's going to get out shortly. He's looked very dodgy.

The aussie batting is not strong enough after c.white

Mike Hussey
Cameron White
Nathan Bracken
Stuart Clark
Glenn McGrath
Shaun Tait

The english have a real good chance to win this one.

Australia need 236 runs
Required: 6.74

saffer said:
"old Creaky bones " hayden ...how old is he now ?

About as old as medium-slow pacer Pollock, I think...

Mathew Hayden is 35 and 96 days.
Born on the 29th of October 1971.

England actually competing. Pinch me.

At last Hussy will have a real test.
Most time he comes in with 15 overs to spare and Aus already hovering around 200 runs. This time he will have enough overs to make 100 if he avails the opportunity.

Some useful hitting here from Haydunce, few boundaries in that over. OZ 3-75.

Monty bowls his second delivery which goes straight over the boundary line for 6. Nice shot that.
3/90 after 17.4 overs.

Haydunce needs to get a big score here - close to a ton. He needs to set the platform to get us to about 150-odd. Hussey can take us home from there.

Excellent shot from Hayden down the ground. He moves onto 49 after already being dropped once by Nixon. RR: 5.21
3/99 and for more to Roy Symonds!
3/103 after 19.1 overs.

Haydunce on 49. Symmo on 26. 3-107.

RRR is about 6.1. That should be ok if we can keep wickets in hand.

Haydunce gone for 51. OZ 4-116. 177 needed.

OUT! Brilliant catch from Dalrymple!
Hayden creamed it to cover. That is not cool.
4/116
20.5 overs

I'm sure there's a link between an English batsman scoring an ODI century against Australia and the apocalypse. D'you think we can mebbe get off on account of him actually being Irish?

Andy Symonds eating a Banana and getting strapped up on the arm.

Back