Australia v Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Melbourne | Jan 15, 2017 | Australia Innings

alot of fuss about junaid action here..what do u think?

Clean, as long as umpires don't call. In open eye you can't tell. There are many bowlers if tested for their effort ball, won't pass 15 degree. That was always the case - if we could check Larwood, Voce, Lindwall or Tyson's action in 3D, you could have seen that.

Personally, I think his action is not clean - he jerks the effort ball. Anything over 140KM is coming from last stride stress & that's from elbow - ideally absolute perfect action demands that there'll be no change in elbow angle, like a leggi does - it can be bent, but no change in angle at elbow. Might not get called though in 2/3 matches, but most PAK bowlers don't know how much you can twist the rule - if not PAK, I can tell you Ajmal would have playing still now, chucking selectively. JK will be fine, if he doesn't give "effort" more than once an over.

need to get rid of these two otherwise target get out of range

HAFEEZ not playing for the 50 overs... going for the kill with amir not saving him for the end overs like MISBAH.. after the boundary now the slip is wide and wade leaves the good ball which will never happen with misbah, afridi and azhar..

Amir is bowling pretty well - clocking over 140.

If Azhar was captain he would be bowling out all his overs here whilst getting smacked

Really respect Hafeez finishing his overs quickly, makes the game more interesting.

smith was 42(74) and now 46(84) he is saving his wicket at the moment, soon will go for a big shot... bring IMAD in..

Clean, as long as umpires don't call. In open eye you can't tell. There are many bowlers if tested for their effort ball, won't pass 15 degree. That was always the case - if we could check Larwood, Voce, Lindwall or Tyson's action in 3D, you could have seen that.

Personally, I think his action is not clean - he jerks the effort ball. Anything over 140KM is coming from last stride stress & that's from elbow - ideally absolute perfect action demands that there'll be no change in elbow angle, like a leggi does - it can be bent, but no change in angle at elbow. Might not get called though in 2/3 matches, but most PAK bowlers don't know how much you can twist the rule - if not PAK, I can tell you Ajmal would have playing still now, chucking selectively. JK will be fine, if he doesn't give "effort" more than once an over.

got it.as many of them from other teams are getting away...

Yeah even chasing 230 may be hard. Sharjeel and Babar have to click to get there.

Aussie batsmen are scratching around.

How is it possible? What's the difference between this pitch and some of the horror shows we saw in WC where 350 was scored for fun?

Both look the same to me.

Probably, they have stressed the boundary by 5-7 metres - that's 35 runs, trust me. Every boundary & six would have been same if the boundary is 10 metre short; but your balls will get smaller, when you think that you need to clear 10 metre extra - top edges won't make you Viv Richards. Check the Manchester T20 - for some reason, ECB extended the line to it's limit - PAK pacers kept bowling short, yet not a single attempt for SIX was tried. Make the same ground just 7 metres short - it's 200/200 game.

2nd thing I believe is that these are drop in pitches - probably they are using used turf for this series after BB. For WC, they used fresh new turf. Probably, a bit double paced now.

3rd is definitely the bowling quality - if Warner doesn't slog around, you must know that either it's swinging or spinning.

hafeez is a bowler hence he's a better captain for our team. misbah and azhar are not just defensive they also do not understand how to manage bowlers and how to attack. they cannot match hafeez

HAFEEZ not playing for the 50 overs... going for the kill with amir not saving him for the end overs like MISBAH.. after the boundary now the slip is wide and wade leaves the good ball which will never happen with misbah, afridi and azhar..

Hafeez knows if Aus play 50 overs, their chances of winning are 99.99%.

So he is going all out for the wickets which is Pak's only way to get a win.

We will probably end up chasing 250/260 again.

This pitch is not that easy to bat on. PAK might find Travis Head,Faulkner and Hazlewood hard to play.

Wicket is two pace, that will cause problem for our batters who are known for their dot ball skills 🙄🙄🙄

I like Hassan a lot more than Rahat, Sohail and Irfan.

Hassan 's pace might not be that fast but his attitude is that of a fast bowler he's aggressive and intelligent. far better than Rahat+Sohail+Imran

got it.as many of them from other teams are getting away...

The trick is - don't force Umpires. They are also professionals - they won't do anything for border line, that makes them public enemy for some country. I have seen most umpires to be soft on bowling actions - but, what Ajmal did in T20 WC in Dhaka was unavoidable for any Umpires.

Every left arm spinner's armer is technically chucking, might be within 15 degree, every offie firing darts are using elbow, doosra/carom ball as well - but umpires won't call that if it's once a over, or may be 3 in 2 - you make that stock ball like Ojha, Ajmal or MoHa; Umpires have hardly any escape route.

really impressed with Smith's fitness. The guy looks just came out to bat and he has been batting all day.

here does come ashwin....lolz

Not sure what you mean.

I use a detailed process to judge bowlers' actions (and no its not randomly calling bowlers as chuckers).

Hafeez has fast movement which hides his extension. When he was called, he clocked 30 degrees which surprised many cos they thought Hafeez would be marginally over the limit at best.

But what many didn't see is how much the elbow bends when you slow mo his videos and see the images and his extension was humungous when he was called. Not Ajmal level but a level below that.

Current action is much better but there is definite extension. I haven't had a chance to slo mo his new action Youtube so don't know what extent he does. He could be legal...he could be borderline...he could be over the limit.

Hence I said he is not 100% clean.

And by the way, ALL bowlers extend their arms.

If you slo mo Wahab Riaz's video, you would see definite extension. Slo mo some select Jaddu's video, you will see extension. Even Lyon has extension if you slo mo and look closely (he wears a full sleeve so its harder to judge but overall - Lyon is the cleanest offie in the world).

Junaid in the past had exaggerated extensions but now he may or may not have. Have to see.

But then Al Amin looked a chucker but was deemed clean by ICC (new rules).

Hassan 's pace might not be that fast but his attitude is that of a fast bowler he's aggressive and intelligent. far better than Rahat+Sohail+Imran

PPers are getting excited about Hassan, I don't know why. He is Faulkner type of bowler, who is good 4/5th bowler. You have to keep in mind it's Strac, Cummins and HW who keep Batsmen awake at night. That quality is exiting not the Faulkner types, we are no where near that kind of quality and nothing is on horizon ATM 🙄🙄🙄

"Start me up" by the Rolling Stones playing. Really good to hear them playing it

Hasan Ali 142ks, bowling quick

He bowls faster with old ball, most PAK pacers do so - more, they can put the old ball on spot. Probably, it's easier to grip the old ball after being used to take shine off for so many years in UAE & in domestic style.

PPers are getting excited about Hassan, I don't know why. He is Faulkner type of bowler, who is good 4/5th bowler. You have to keep in mind it's Strac, Cummins and HW who keep Batsmen awake at night. That quality is exiting not the Faulkner types, we are no where near that kind of quality and nothing is on horizon ATM ������

Hassan is an excellent talent. Don't think we are watching the same bowler here

The trick is - don't force Umpires. They are also professionals - they won't do anything for border line, that makes them public enemy for some country. I have seen most umpires to be soft on bowling actions - but, what Ajmal did in T20 WC in Dhaka was unavoidable for any Umpires.

Every left arm spinner's armer is technically chucking, might be within 15 degree, every offie firing darts are using elbow, doosra/carom ball as well - but umpires won't call that if it's once a over, or may be 3 in 2 - you make that stock ball like Ojha, Ajmal or MoHa; Umpires have hardly any escape route.

just went through highlights of that match and ajmal was chuking unbelievably..

Pak have max 74 runs to give in last ten, anything what so ever over 250, and it's game over bar sharjeel miracle. But australia will like to get to atleast 260.

Wade struggling right now - especially to rotate the strike.

Imads economy rate is 2.71 after 7 overs. That's brilliant for a spinner in an ODI in Australia

Hassan is an excellent talent. Don't think we are watching the same bowler here

He is too short and slow to get excited about... Look at Auses lineup, you need tall and fast, kind of opposite to what Hasan got 😴😴😴

What Clark does not know Arm Lowe is Immad's main weapon 😛😛😛

Not sure what you mean.

I use a detailed process to judge bowlers' actions (and no its not randomly calling bowlers as chuckers).

Hafeez has fast movement which hides his extension. When he was called, he clocked 30 degrees which surprised many cos they thought Hafeez would be marginally over the limit at best.

But what many didn't see is how much the elbow bends when you slow mo his videos and see the images and his extension was humungous when he was called. Not Ajmal level but a level below that.

Current action is much better but there is definite extension. I haven't had a chance to slo mo his new action Youtube so don't know what extent he does. He could be legal...he could be borderline...he could be over the limit.

Hence I said he is not 100% clean.

And by the way, ALL bowlers extend their arms.

If you slo mo Wahab Riaz's video, you would see definite extension. Slo mo some select Jaddu's video, you will see extension. Even Lyon has extension if you slo mo and look closely (he wears a full sleeve so its harder to judge but overall - Lyon is the cleanest offie in the world).

Junaid in the past had exaggerated extensions but now he may or may not have. Have to see.

But then Al Amin looked a chucker but was deemed clean by ICC (new rules).

i was not serious..but you have to agree with MMHS observations that you have not to chuck more than once per over then you will be safe and junaid does ot with his efffort ball and yess hafiz looks dodgybut he has been cleard recently..

Imad deserves a long run in this side after the past few series and these two matches.

any point of making MALIK bowl in the last 10 overs,, hafiz finished his own quota on time

We've completely shut them down. Hopefully Junaid's bowling shows up and contains them.

not watching live is it good bowling or double pace pitch or bit of both? aussies are not flowing at all

just went through highlights of that match and ajmal was chuking unbelievably..

carrom ball is a ring finger flick combined with some wrist movement.

all this talk about everyone chucking is cute, i would rather see some real evidence.

Man if we still manage to lose this then our bowlers should give "Dharna" in front of PM house against our batsman.

This guy Imad is 28/29 & he is genuine 29, born in UK. He is playing in FC for almost a decade now with very good numbers. He made debut for PAK team at 27, because of great Afridi was there ....... he was drafted in the team after WC 2015 & this is after about 16/17 months.

Now, how many here believes that there are at least 20 Imads - acting for Habib Bank or Rawalpindi Rams, who are U25 & at most 12 months investment away from replacing Wahabs, Ajmals, Mians, MoHas, Irfans, Sohails, Imrans, Guls ........

This was the biggest curse of Misbah era in PAK cricket, which started from the time of the gentleman now is highly reputed Chief selector.

i was not serious..but you have to agree with MMHS observations that you have not to chuck more than once per over then you will be safe and junaid does ot with his efffort ball and yess hafiz looks dodgybut he has been cleard recently..

extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof. words are just that.

this match looking to be a throwback to 90s cricket ... low scoring run chases in Australia ... meanwhile Imad knocks over Smith ... continues to put in impact performances!

Back