Australia v Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Melbourne | Jan 15, 2017 | Australia Innings

Has anyone noticed that MoHa actually is strangling Aussies with his duel spin attack?

outclass keeping man. If only Rizwan could bat better than that.

Not out

And i dont know what is comfortable for Pakistan to chase

If only Hafeez can simply accept #6 role and let Umar open with Sharjeel, we're set.

I thought I heard something on that first ball from Imad to wade

Has anyone noticed that MoHa actually is strangling Aussies with his duel spin attack?

yess and the team looks better...azhar ali should be sacked,even i will take hafiz...2 slips for imad bowling,loved it..

b2b matches we have Aussies on the ropes in their den, cannot let it slip away for 2nd consecutive game, c'mon lads !!

Just need to replace Azhar & Shafiq from ODI squad with 1 fast bowling all-rounder and 1 aggressive middle order bat.

We have good spinners finally for the middle overs.

What a difference from the dark days of Anwar Ali and Bhatti.

Smith 37 off 65. But if Misbah had done it, PPers would be all over him. Isn't Smith just protecting his wicket right now? And he has Australian batsmen around him not the Pakistani crap that Misbah had to put up all those years. Plus this is a 350+ pitch on which he's going at a SR of 57.

captaincy from hafeez is far better than azhar. but as a player he just doesn't have any place in the team.

yess and the team looks better...azhar ali should be sacked,even i will take hafiz...2 slips for imad bowling,loved it..

It's not about MoHa only - make a bowling Captain. The core of the team is attacking, wicket taking bowling - I am sure had Azhar been Captain today, he would have opened with MoHa from other end.

BUT Smith wins most games. the other one loses

Hafeez proving Azhar was a mediocre captain.. Waqar and Misbah the poor judges of the potential of a player and captains...

It's not about MoHa only - make a bowling Captain. The core of the team is attacking, wicket taking bowling - I am sure had Azhar been Captain today, he would have opened with MoHa from other end.

team combination is better today no slao.....mian can bowl,,runs leaking machine is finally dropped..if micky sacks some big names after this series we can do alot better.

The team is still dependent on sharjeel firing at the top to chase any total over 250.

Won't be, I can tell you. PAK might lose by 100 runs again, but you'll never see MoHa as opener scoring 24 of 48, chasing 270, which forces his partner to go for desperate shot. He is just not good enough any more, but understands the game.

Smith has been striking at under 60. We've done a good job of containing just need a few late strikes to make sure they don't accelerate in the death

Smith 37 off 65. But if Misbah had done it, PPers would be all over him. Isn't Smith just protecting his wicket right now? And he has Australian batsmen around him not the Pakistani crap that Misbah had to put up all those years. Plus this is a 350+ pitch on which he's going at a SR of 57.

look at the opposition. It's Pakistan. Anything 250 or around about that is a match winning score and that's what is his aim. Misbah's snail pace innings gave us at max 220s which was easily chased down by the opposition so yes it was a selfish batting. Smith would play better if the opposition is India.

squeezing in the aussies... smith looks so serious and pressured.... Smith 42(74) is misbahic at the moment, similar to how misbah will bat (thinking the non-striker will be out anytime)

If Sharjeel can score a 50 plus we will have a good chance of chasing anything under 300.

Won't be, I can tell you. PAK might lose by 100 runs again, but you'll never see MoHa as opener scoring 24 of 48, chasing 270, which forces his partner to go for desperate shot. He is just not good enough any more, but understands the game.

alot of fuss about junaid action here..what do u think?

I don't think this is that easy pitch to chase even though it looks like a total patta.

Batsmen are unable to adjust (maybe due to the skid in the pitch or something).

Pakistan well on top but they must get remaining wickets fast.

I am a very tough grader with very high standards...and i must say that hafeez is not bad as a skipper. misbah was so horrible this series and azhar is not good either

Drinks - 150/5 (33) CRR - 4.54

The bowling has been pretty tight if we can keep them under 275 we've got a good shot at a victory!

MMHS I thought you were joking when you said Hafeez would be leading PAK at 2023 WC. I'm not laughing anymore.

Drinks - 150/5 (33) CRR - 4.54

The bowling has been pretty tight if we can keep them under 275 we've got a good shot at a victory!

yaar aik baat to batao....when did Pak chase 275 outside asia especially in aus?

anything above 220 is outside our range.

I don't think this is that easy pitch to chase even though it looks like a total patta.

Batsmen are unable to adjust (maybe due to the skid in the pitch or something).

Pakistan well on top but they must get remaining wickets fast.

PAK is not on top any way - Aussies will post 230 at least, probably 30 too may :( But, it's far better - at least I can see some hope that, if batting first PAK posts 250+, they'll make Aussies run till last ball - that's 325 for Azhar's team.

The right word is EXCELLENT captaincy.

Wow...Hafeez ji has been a revelation.

I dont understand Why is this a surprise?

Hafeez has one of the best records as a t20i captain in the world. He resigned from captaincy because of idiots who pressurised him.

team selection is far better today. azhar and misbah are just pedestrian and predictable they look for safe options rather than pick the best combo.

Good thinking trying to shorten the length but dragged it down too much and it became an awful delivery

PAK is not on top any way - Aussies will post 230 at least, probably 30 too may :( But, it's far better - at least I can see some hope that, if batting first PAK posts 250+, they'll make Aussies run till last ball - that's 325 for Azhar's team.

Yeah even chasing 230 may be hard. Sharjeel and Babar have to click to get there.

Aussie batsmen are scratching around.

How is it possible? What's the difference between this pitch and some of the horror shows we saw in WC where 350 was scored for fun?

Both look the same to me.

Back