Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Adelaide | Jan 26, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

Sharjeel is the only player who has improved his game throughout the series. Scoring 18,29,50,74 and 76* clearly shows he has intend to improve his game.

Babar is so terrible. An extremely selfish player just like his cousins.

Is it really surprising that Akmal (An absolute hack with a history of Making Trouble) joins the squad and Babar, who was the rising superstar of this team, suddenly forgot how to bat and rotate the strike.

If you really think these two aspects are not connect then clearly people need to educate themselves more on the AKMAL KHANDAN...

Batting for his 50.. what did Shoaib Malik do so wrong in the previous game.. he was playing with a strike rate of 68 too

Is it really surprising that Akmal (An absolute hack with a history of Making Trouble) joins the squad and Babar, who was the rising superstar of this team, suddenly forgot how to bat and rotate the strike.

If you really think these two aspects are not connect then clearly people need to educate themselves more on the AKMAL KHANDAN...

He wasn't a good rotator of strike to begin with. Even in WI series, he only had a quick start in the last match.

If Babar doesn't end up his innings at the sr of 110 plus then it would be a waste of an innings

He wasn't a good rotator of strike to begin with. Even in WI series, he only had a quick start in the last match.

Kick out Akmal yar, and then see the result. This same Babar will become a gun batsman all over again !! His cousin influence is really killing any sort of ability he holds at the moment.

Sharjeel is the only player who has improved his game throughout the series. Scoring 18,29,50,74 and 76* clearly shows he has intend to improve his game.

as i said he has been improving his game ever since he came in the side a year ago. Ive actually followed his career closely and he looks a vastly improved player (batsmanship wise - forget record) to the guy who returned under waqar and afridi for asia cup.

The A tour to england really helped and i think the time he spent with the coaching staff when on bench in NZ and Aus series also worked well

if he can improve his fitness and start looking like an international athlete he can be a world class cricketer because he certainly has the right attitude towards working on his batting

Yet his innings have low percentage of boundaries. He struggled early in the innings in the series with rotation but was good in 75 percent of his innings.

And now the slide will start.

Can PAK get 300 at least?

Akmal really needs to come to the party today. Very disappointing series for him.

The only player that can play above the strike rate of 100 today is out..

We are left only left with 'two once in generation batsmen now'

The first one is about to reach his 50, and has probably booked himself for the rest of 2017..

Babar's bottom hand is too tight, hence some of the miscues shots.

He needs to identify and rectify quickly because it's hampering his off side game.

And There Goes the game :14:

Thanks For Coming Everyone !!

lol honestly it was gone long time ago because of 80s odi batting from the other end

but was enjoying sharjeels progress

Well Pakistan have found their long term ODI opener I suppose. Just need to replace Azhar.

Sharjeel scored 250 runs in 5 matches, at 100+ str.rate and an average of 50, against full strength Aussie attack.

And still some people would say, he's riding his luck.

We know where these people come from.

Typical Shezi fans

If IPL allowed Pakistani players, then Sharjeel could've been one of the most expensive buys potentially.

What a waste once again by Sharjeel throws away the perfect opportunity to finish the tour with a 100.

lol 50 average with a 115 SR on an Australia tour is unchartered, dream territory for Pakistani batsmen

If IPL allowed Pakistani players, then Sharjeel could've been one of the most expensive buys potentially.

he'll play in England t20s and one days next summer and that should be good for his development esp with WC in sight

Sharjeel played a decent knock but needs big hundrerds.

Can't blame him today as the RR was too high.

His off side game has improved tremendously which is heartening.

he'll play in England t20s and one days next summer and that should be good for his development esp with WC in sight

Yeah I think they signed him up last season as well but he couldn't play due to international commitments.

Umar akhmal should open along with him as a final chance for him.

so umar akmal cant bat at #5,6 so he should be rewarded with a spot elsewhere?

whats the strategy? keep on trying him everywhere rather than doing the obvious act?

if ipl had allowed Pak players Umar Akmal for certain would have been part of it in the early years

he was hot property in 2009/10

even YK and Misbah found a deal lol!

Umar akhmal should open along with him as a final chance for him.

That ship sailed a long time ago. Umars rightful place I'd outside this team. Pakistan need a fresh face as an opener. Not further reliance on TTF's

so umar akmal cant bat at #5,6 so he should be rewarded with a spot elsewhere?

whats the strategy? keep on trying him everywhere rather than doing the obvious act?
I am not pakistani. I said that dispassionately.I think you can give him one final chance at opening with clear indication to play modern day cricket along with sharjeel.

Only thing in defense of him I'd say is that he's young and he'll learn a lot from this tour.

Back