Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Adelaide | Jan 26, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

He has been in the system since he was FOURTEEN

He's already toured most cricketing countries MULTIPLE times via U19 tours, A tours and now Pak team

He has been worked on and coached for years.

You expect better!

Can't see how you compared international cricket to U-19.Internationals is a whole 'nother ball game. Also it isn't easy facing Aus's pace battery as Shoaib Malik will tell you. :))

Has it been a poor innings? Not too sure since he was playing second fiddle to Sharjeel and just now has opened his arms after he's gone.

Could it have been at a better click? Sure.

Can we hope that he'll learn a whole lot from this Aus tour? Yes.

I expect Akmal to do nothing and his fans to point at RR and say what is he supposed to do.

Perfect defense.

Babar hasn't done much wrong. He's batted decently. Need to get the likes of Azhar/Hafeez/Akmal etc. outta the team and eventually Mian Malik as well.

only 10 runs per over. Piece of cake , I boundary each from each over from these two batsmen required.

Aussies as usual being a bad sport and injuring the MVP of Pakistan team to kill their chase.:malik

Babar hasn't done much wrong. He's batted decently. Need to get the likes of Azhar/Hafeez/Akmal etc. outta the team and eventually Mian Malik as well.

Make 5 clones of Babar in their places... World will be at our feet

need a blinder from one of the batters .. something like Razzaq's inning against South Africa ..

He has been in the system since he was FOURTEEN

He's already toured most cricketing countries MULTIPLE times via U19 tours, A tours and now Pak team

He has been worked on and coached for years.

You expect better!

Other than better strike rate/strike rotation I don't know what you wanted from him.

Players like Asad and Azhar the so called experienced batsmen are the ones that need to go first as not only are they not scoring but it's clear this format doesn't suit them at all. And Umar can join them as he's become a horrible hack.

The obvious soloutions need to be rectified, not nitpicking on players that are doing well.

I have a feeling its Akmal's day today .. I dont rate him highly but it has to be his day today :)

Other than better strike rate/strike rotation I don't know what you wanted from him.

Players like Asad and Azhar the so called experienced batsmen are the ones that need to go first as not only are they not scoring but it's clear this format doesn't suit them at all. And Umar can join them as he's become a horrible hack.

The obvious soloutions need to be rectified, not nitpicking on players that are doing well.

Good post. I don't understand this criticism of Babar who's not a complete batsman yet but is miles ahead of hacks and tuk tuks like Umar and Azhar.

Only 4 boundaries and 1 six in Babar's knock..

We will chase down 240 with ease

Akmal just looks so horrible now.

He added weight and instead of improving his technique he had digressed into a rubbish leg side slogger.

3000 runs after 8 years
ideally it should have been close to 6k the way people used to hype him up

So you want to drop him and bring Kamran Akmal

who said i wanna drop him?

but right now whenever there isa failure people just bring up his age as if that should end all debate on him

i dont care how old is a player. performance matters

We have match winners down to no.11, best tails in the world

It's easy to troll, but the bottom line is today's mess is created by the man you endorse so much. I can categorically say that the 4 players instrumental in this series - Babar, SK, Imad & Hasan won't have been PAK regular had Arthur not been there - in fact Babar would have lost his spot because stability mood would have put him at 6 - he was bound to fail there. Recently, I had a post on Misbah's strategy, in reply to your usual - still waiting for your evaluation on that :(.

I haven't seen PAK's fielding - but I know this is Adelaide, 58 metres squire boundary - I can categorically tell that had Rahat Ali been PAK Captain today, target would have been less ........

And, this guy was recommended for ODI Captaincy out of blue ....... which itself is a conspiracy.

It's easy to troll, but the bottom line is today's mess is created by the man you endorse so much. I can categorically say that the 4 players instrumental in this series - Babar, SK, Imad & Hasan won't have been PAK regular had Arthur not been there - in fact Babar would have lost his spot because stability mood would have put him at 6 - he was bound to fail there. Recently, I had a post on Misbah's strategy, in reply to your usual - still waiting for your evaluation on that :(.

I haven't seen PAK's fielding - but I know this is Adelaide, 58 metres squire boundary - I can categorically tell that had Rahat Ali been PAK Captain today, target would have been less ........

And, this guy was recommended for ODI Captaincy out of blue ....... which itself is a conspiracy.

yooo lmao :)))

Those who have watched the series, how has Cummins been in ODIs?

Is he of the same class as Starc and Hazlewood?

They are not trying to get us out , they are just trying not to give boundaries. Singles are easy to come here.

Poor post. How could you use logic and insult the father of cricket, sensibility and discipline?

Sharjeel Khan, Imad Wasim and Babar all made their return under Waqar

and would have been regulars under him

the latter 2 already were post Banga tour and SK would have been soon enough

OK, I can see Mian is injured - almost got chuckled to notice Umar at 3 down. It's almost blasphemous to change the batting order no matter you chase 369 or 170

Babar looks so at ease, cruising towards his 100.. we are comfortable in this chase...

Babar azam is more of a tendulker than kohli if you know what I mean.

No, considering Sachin was one of the fastest scorersin ODIs in the 90s and known for his aggressive scoring and taking bowlers on, particularly early in his innings

not on same level as hazelwood

can be taken apart as he bowls a couple boundary balls every over and kohli type batsmen will punish those

but hes got pace

Only 18 more runs to get.. then a well deserved series victory for Pakistan.. we have been too good for the Aussies

Sharjeel Khan, Imad Wasim and Babar all made their return under Waqar

and would have been regulars under him

the latter 2 already were post Banga tour and SK would have been soon enough

Won't - they would have played couple & at first failure would have been dropped - I can bring lots of examples of that. WY wasn't bad for young players - he tried his best to bring few; problem is, his job was more important, hence he went for compromise rather than conflict.

Oh wow i missed it and Pak actually batted well. Sharjeel has been pretty consistent in dis series.

Has troubled us more than Starc did.

Almost equal to Starc I'd say. But I'm not sure if it's because our batsmen liked playing Starc.

Sharjeel has been a revelation for Pakistan and his success can open gates for shahzeb hasan as well. The pitches these days in ODIs are flat and hacks can work pretty well.

Only 4 boundaries and 1 six in Babar's knock..

We will chase down 240 with ease

Lol dude. Yeah, Sarfraz with his brainless accumulating and jumping against the pacers would have chased 370!!

Why the double standards?

No one in our history has batted as good as Babar Azam, at least for the first 22-23 innings.

And YOU are JEALOUS of him? You go blind support/hate in every case.

backfoot players will obviously play him better than our lads.

Bowl short of a length 80% of the time.

not on same level as hazelwood

can be taken apart as he bowls a couple boundary balls every over and kohli type batsmen will punish those

but hes got pace

Hmm..Pace doesn't trouble most modern ODI players nowadays. Let's see how he goes against other sides..

Babar looks so at ease, cruising towards his 100.. we are comfortable in this chase...
Father of crickets youngster, captain prodigy also has been at complete ease whenever he has played in this series. Scores of 24,7 and 6!! Together make just 13 short of a fabulous half century

Write down somewhere , right after getting his 100 babar azam will try to slog one and get out.

Why are we so blessed? If we have Fawad Alam back, we will have Babar and Fawad together in the middle innings, we will be running rounds around the Aussies, there will be no boundaries, but we will always have runs on the board

Won't - they would have played couple & at first failure would have been dropped - I can bring lots of examples of that. WY wasn't bad for young players - he tried his best to bring few; problem is, his job was more important, hence he went for compromise rather than conflict.

not really

Imad, Babar got extended runs after debuts

Sharjeel was specially brought after PSL. He may have been dropped though but tbh im not sure becayuse taking him on A tour of Eng showed the management wanted him as a LT option

you are peddling fiction

Father of crickets youngster, captain prodigy also has been at complete ease whenever he has played in this series. Scores of 24,7 and 6!! Together make just 13 short of a fabulous half century

This dude supports Azhar Ali?

Depressing? I think Akmal is trying to get the eye in ... :)

Cummins to Babar Azam, no run
Cummins to Umar Akmal, 1 run, back of a length and outside off, 143ks, guided down to third man for one more
Cummins to Umar Akmal, no run, high bouncer outside off, the batsman drops his wrists on it. Not a wide. Cummins gets away
Cummins to Babar Azam, 1 run, length and outside off, deftly run down to third man
Cummins to Babar Azam, no run, just short of a good length on off, hops and chops to point
Cummins to Babar Azam, 2 runs, length ball outside off, chipped in the air straight down the ground

Sharjeel has been a revelation for Pakistan and his success can open gates for shahzeb hasan as well. The pitches these days in ODIs are flat and hacks can work pretty well.
Quite sad that batsmen like Sharjeel, Guptill, Sharma, Hales etc excel in this era. Then people wonder why everyone has 80s, 90s and even 00s nostalgia.

Ideally this should be akmal's , Hafeez's , azhar's , shafiq's and wahab's last odi match.

Thats not his fault when the chairman himself says before the series that you are not captaincy material.. that must be really helpful I mean

Lol dude. Yeah, Sarfraz with his brainless accumulating and jumping against the pacers would have chased 370!!

Why the double standards?

No one in our history has batted as good as Babar Azam, at least for the first 22-23 innings.

And YOU are JEALOUS of him? You go blind support/hate in every case.

Exactly!!!!Some unknown reason he has hatred for Babar. Bring Zaheer, Miandad, Anwar and Inzi we still can not able to chase 350 let alone 370

Back