Australia v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Adelaide | Jan 26, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

Azhar is certain to face the axe as captain and should be his final ODI.

I have no hope in Umar and Asad to excel either and have no idea what Rahat is doing either.

Any movement and Hafeez will always be a sitting duck.

He's only good for Asian conditions.

Starc is in one of his moods today. Looking leagues above any bowler from either side. Just like CWC 2015

That ship sailed a long time ago. Umars rightful place I'd outside this team. Pakistan need a fresh face as an opener. Not further reliance on TTF's
They don't have high strike rate players even in domestics. Few like Mukhtar don't seem to be cut out for international.

Hafeez's knock in the 2nd odi has unfortunately booked him a ticket to the champions trophy.

Today is Australia day and they are winning. Today is also republic day. I hope India wins

Nice of Hafeez to nick off to slip as usual and show why his career should end with this tour.

36 years old and still useless outside off-stump.

Mohammad hafeez , average of his 24 with bat and 0 wickets in the series. Worth persisting with?

Kohli is a strong bottom hand player as well.:ma

So was Sachin.

But point is you are mistiming them then it's either grip, stance or not watching ball like a hawk.

To me he's trying to hit too hard. He will improve, if he's hungry enough.

Mohammad hafeez , average of his 24 with bat and 0 wickets in the series. Worth persisting with?

not at all , should be dropped now enough of him now he played for 7 continious years and got lucky with the u.a.e pitches

lol 50 average with a 115 SR on an Australia tour is unchartered, dream territory for Pakistani batsmen

I am looking at the bigger picture here, should have converted the last 2 innings into 100's.

Our players have the tendency of throwing away starts, not new at all.

Since Babar Azam is a slow starter, it might work to have him open the batting with Sharjeel.

I am looking at the bigger picture here, should have converted the last 2 innings into 100's.

Our players have the tendency of throwing away starts, not new at all.

He will learn the more he plays. I thought he played really mature in today's innings

All this hue and cry but knowing our revolutionist selectors nothing will be changed. None of our selector don't bother watch cricket in the field and do copy and paste

Run rate climbing and more wickets likely to fall. This is where our batsmen fall down in ODIs as they can sustain a high scoring inns over a long period of time.

Coming from a misbah fan. Misbah used to do this for a living.

He never did this while chasing 370.. he never conceded 370 as a captain

Infact in his era, we used to restrict teams to 200's mostly and made some respectability to our batting..

Neither did our top order do so well.. he was usually stuck with 23/4 while batting

We have our next gen hard hitter Rizwan, he will come in and strike a 100 of 30 balls.. we are just thinking of the right time to bring him in..

Aus will have to forget chris lynn is the biggest hitter they've ever known in BBL

Professor has a few excuses which will keep him around for another few series

He has been out of cricket for a while
He wasnt in his proper position
Opener or 3

I bet barring one or 2 players there will be no changes.

Same recycled trash because those at the top in the PCB are so gutless.

He never did this while chasing 370.. he never conceded 370 as a captain

Infact in his era, we used to restrict teams to 200's mostly and made some respectability to our batting..

Neither did our top order do so well.. he was usually stuck with 23/4 while batting
Loool he had a strike rate of around 70 throughout his career. With no 100s plus cost us potential 2 world cups. Single handedly lost us the world cup semi final. Plus we played majority of matches in uae with ajmal, hafeez, and afridi. With that bowling up we would still restrict teams. Plus the amount of times we lost chasing them 200s is countless.

We have our next gen hard hitter Rizwan, he will come in and strike a 100 of 30 balls.. we are just thinking of the right time to bring him in..

Aus will have to forget chris lynn is the biggest hitter they've ever known in BBL
And Hasan will smash a quick 50 from 10

All this hue and cry but knowing our revolutionist selectors nothing will be changed. None of our selector don't bother watch cricket in the field and do copy and paste

So true. Nothing will change.

Tbf to Hafeez, it happens. When you start, you are vunerable. Almost expect him to nick behind.

Sharjeel though, was settled. Saw that the key to the Australia score was players getting in, and going big. What does Sharjeel do - get in, and get bounced out. He had plenty of time...

We are looking set to score a 300 here.. then Aussies will have it very difficult to chase it down..

Babar will get a match winning 100 here

If we play like this not only Chapel but also others will make open criticize to us

Babar is 22 for god's sake. Let the man learn and grow.

He has been in the system since he was FOURTEEN

He's already toured most cricketing countries MULTIPLE times via U19 tours, A tours and now Pak team

He has been worked on and coached for years.

You expect better!

We are looking set to score a 300 here.. then Aussies will have it very difficult to chase it down..

Babar will get a match winning 100 here

What happened to the talented batsmen that used to Mushroom in Karachi ?? Is nothing growing there any more ???

Please don't mention any mediocre players.

Loool he had a strike rate of around 70 throughout his career. With no 100s plus cost us potential 2 world cups. Single handedly lost us the world cup semi final. Plus we played majority of matches in uae with ajmal, hafeez, and afridi. With that bowling up we would still restrict teams. Plus the amount of times we lost chasing them 200s is countless.

As far as I remember, we had a squad that was so good, it could give Pakistan's 90s side a whitewash in our home conditions.. Imran Khan was said to have said, we have never been this good when he referred to our squads... in 2011, Afridi was the hero, Misbah (our batting top scorer) was the villain

in 2015, we took the greats of the game Hamilton Masakadze and Amjid Javed for 10 an over... they had no words for our greatness in the batting department..

If not for Rahat's dropped catch, this World Cup was ours..

I remember even Watson uttering these words to Rahat after he dropped a catch 'you just dropped your world cup son'

So true. Nothing will change.

Once PSL starts people forget those failures and PCB will do the same as they are doing now.Otherwise Misbah would have resigned or Azhar will resign from captaincy

This is actually good chase, very good chase. Not everyday teams chase 369 & this is probably the best ODI bowling line-up that Aussies have put in last 3/4 years. Also, AUS probably will go down to 2nd with a 3-2 in this series, hence they are not plying it as a dead rubber.

He's already toured most cricketing countries MULTIPLE times via U19 tours, A tours and now Pak team

You expect better!

International cricket is a step up from all of that. He's facing one of the best ODI sides with a very potent pace attack - in their own den.

He's had his struggles. Important thing is to keep learning and improving.

You expect better!

So you want to drop him and bring Kamran Akmal

What happened to the talented batsmen that used to Mushroom in Karachi ?? Is nothing growing there any more ???

Please don't mention any mediocre players.

How can they play when you can get Babar Azam in the side... He's gonna turn it on in a while, maybe in 20 overs or so.. he will definitely get in his groove

He will learn the more he plays. I thought he played really mature in today's innings

He was a bit better in today's knock I have not watched all the innings so can not say but a few snippets I saw he looked better than before. Wasn't trying to hoick every ball into mars at least.

This is actually good chase, very good chase. Not everyday teams chase 369 & this is probably the best ODI bowling line-up that Aussies have put in last 3/4 years. Also, AUS probably will go down to 2nd with a 3-2 in this series, hence they are not plying it as a dead rubber.

We have match winners down to no.11, best tails in the world

Back