Australia vs England | 1st Ashes Test | Brisbane | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shayan

ODI Debutant
Runs
The best cricket TV coverage has begun!

Say what you want about the Ashes but the way it is presented is remarkable and really gets the juices flowing.

How will Day 1 go?

The Gabba wicket is looking greener than usual. Plus the weather forecast is not so good for the last couple of days. So I would't be at all surprised if Aus decide to leave the Lyon out and play the Faulkener instead.

The Gabba wicket is looking greener than usual. Plus the weather forecast is not so good for the last couple of days. So I would't be at all surprised if Aus decide to leave the Lyon out and play the Faulkener instead.
They should do that every match in this series IMO. Their quicks are so much better than their spinners. Plus Faulkener can bat.

I see it as very unlikely that their spinner will outperform any of their pacers in Australia.

Plus with both Smith and Clarke in the team, don't need a spinner just share the spinning duties between them.

Looking forward to this, shame about timing but will catch a couple of hours at least.

They should do that every match in this series IMO. Their quicks are so much better than their spinners. Plus Faulkener can bat.

I see it as very unlikely that their spinner will outperform any of their pacers in Australia.

Plus with both Smith and Clarke in the team, don't need a spinner just share the spinning duties between them.

I think Australia would have done it if the 4th quick was Pattinson or Starc, but really Faulkner doesn't really deserve such a special treatment.

And the other point may be that as Watson will bowl, Australia already have 4 fast bowling option.

Australia won the toss and elected to bat.

Australia: DA Warner, CJL Rogers, SR Watson, MJ Clarke*, SPD Smith, GJ Bailey, BJ Haddin†, PM Siddle, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, RJ Harris

England: AN Cook*, MA Carberry, IJL Trott, KP Pietersen, IR Bell, JE Root, MJ Prior†, SCJ Broad, GP Swann, JM Anderson, CT Tremlett

Opening stand will be crucial here. If Aus can bat for some time without losing wicket then they may put up a big total. Wicket will get very good to bat after 15-20 overs.

Yeah if Smith and Warner can chip in with a few overs it's prolly worth a try here. I doubt Clarke will bowl though given his issues with back problems. Not sure about doing that in all the games though. Will be a bit risky. Will also depend on the wickets obviously.

So Aus decide to bat first. Not so sure about that one. Prolly a good toss to lose for Eng me thinks.

I love seeing our SA players pledge allegiance to the Queen.

What a great country I live in.

Good toss to win I think. Need to put up a good score at the Gabba.

Going to miss the first few hours of this due to dinner, but hopefully when I get back we haven't been rolled for 150!

Swinging down the leg side, Broad seems a bit nervous.

Early prediction from me: abroad will get spanked, abused and won't get many wickets in the first two games. Then he'll get an imaginary injury and fly home.

Lyon had the wood on KP last time according to Warne. Pushing it there.

Wow, Broady gets the early breakthrough despite Anderson being immaculate at the other end. This is great sutff.

Lol if the world cup matches has these kind of wickets, 1st round exit for Sub continent teams :p

Anderson really bowling exceptionally - building all the pressure with no bad balls. Broad has bowled a real mix bag so far.

Man it's 12.30AM I have work in the morning I'm tired but I sense something special from Warner here.

Broad leaking runs, Anderson applying pressure.

This seems familiar.

Lucky inside edge, could have got him bowled or lb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back