Australia vs England | 2nd ODI | The Oval | 1/7/12

Smith out :( But Johnson in :) Hopefully the crowd unsettle him with 'the song'.

Is it some sort of package deal? You play Smith in one match, we play Dernbach

Bresnan always seems to start off uselessly and finish strong.

AUS 77-2 | 16 overs

Watson going well with 40 off 37.

Bresnan always seems to start off uselessly and finish strong.
Bresnan's actually a pretty overrated limited overs player. A lot better in tests. He's just decent in limited overs. Finn's better as is Broad. England might be able to find someone better really. Not Jade whom I don't rate especially high, but some other youngster.

When did Australia's batting line up suddenly look so weak. Actually doing pretty decent in this match, but Clarke and Watson seem the only good batsmen in the line up. Granted though those two look very good.

When Michael Hussey comes in it'll look stronger.

Bresnan's actually a pretty overrated limited overs player. A lot better in tests. He's just decent in limited overs. Finn's better as is Broad. England might be able to find someone better really. Not Jade whom I don't rate especially high, but some other youngster.

woakes?

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

Dernbach is useless. Good thing Watson is a bottler. And Swann, Bopara and Finn have been ruthlessly tight.

Lol England have had as much luck as Pakistanis with bowlers; Harmison, Sidebottom, Gough, Plunkett, Tremlett, Mehmood; except for Harmison none of them really stood out.

Massive wicket. In comes Wade. Wade & Johnson can hit the ball a long way.

Aus must try to first get upto 240 and then see what they can do from there.

finn bowled 9 overs and jade bowled
10., blunder by cook?
Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

1 wicket away for Brett Lee. He'd be the sole leading ODI Wickettaker for Australia.

Why, why would anyone choose Mitch or Steven Smith in a squad? Someone from Australia, please enlighten me.

Also proves the cheap runs in offer at the IPL where Smith scored with ease

Australia are such injury factory. I was looking forward to Cummins, after only one match he is headed back to Australia for rehabilitation. Anther disaster for Australia is somehow Mitch made way back to the squad.

Bell doing well again,shutting up his citics

Well the criticisms of his ODI record were justified before this series. But fair play to him, he's been quite superb upon the recall.

England looking good here, again; seems par for the course in their LOI cricket at the moment. Pleasing - and on a side note I sense a shift in their priorities. LOIs seem just a important as tests in this Flower setup.

And LOLZ at Johnson. He bottles it against England rather often.

81 required off 100 balls with 7 wickets in hand. It would take a team like England to blow it from here.

Back