Australia vs India | 2nd Test | Sydney | 05/01/08

That LBW was plumb on hattrick ball!!! even though hawkeye said it will bounce over I'm pretty sure hawkeye was wrong there even the TV umpires are saying so.

Ya...That decision was terrible. He was dead straight when the ball hit him.. Should have been given out.. Bucknor at it again.

And why was Bucknor pointing to the clock while having a word with Kumble ? Was he saying - Mate you'd do your chances a big favor if you do not appeal and try to squeeze in as many overs as possible ...

Even after being gifted 200 runs by the incompetent umpires - the Aussies still looking vulnerable. Great team my a$$!

wow going by all your comments it seems i missed the shittiest part of the game.

So the umpires are getting "better". These guys are such a joke i wonder should i laugh or cry?

Aus 213 runs ahead i guess they will look to get lead up to 300 in maybe inside 15 overs and then maybe set india 300 off 80 overs or so...

game starts 30 mins earlier tmoz.

Amjid Javed said:
Aus 213 runs ahead i guess they will look to get lead up to 300 in maybe inside 15 overs and then maybe set india 300 off 80 overs or so....
Hayden was asked in a radio interview whether they would go for maintaining the series lead or go for a win. He said "without doubt series lead". Then he went on blabbering about how they always try to force a win and would do the same tomorrow.

Australia are in a safety first mode as seen by their acceptance of lights. Any target of upto 4 per over, would be very unlikely.

Unless aussies collapse the only way india are going to get a sniff in this test match is if aussies make a sporting decleration!

siimo said:
That LBW was plumb on hattrick ball!!! even though hawkeye said it will bounce over I'm pretty sure hawkeye was wrong there even the TV umpires are saying so.

LOL, let's see what the Indians are moaning about now:

1.1 Kumble to Hussey, no run, Kumble roars an appeal but the sharp angle from round the wicket was taking the ball past leg stump, Hussey was on the back foot and the ball kept low and thudded into the pad, replays, however, show it clipping leg stump, that was a tough one to give

70.6 Kumble to Symonds, no run, massive appeal for lbw as Symonds strides forward and gets hit on the pad, he was a long way forward and Bucknor says not out, it was a bit too high, Bucknor goes up to Kumble to have a word with him, it's got heated out there all of a sudden

Both look like inconclusive chances to me.

Benson and Bucknor ensured... Australia got like 12 lives... Well.. when Australia cannot win by themselves.. they get assistance like this.

Maybe Ponting will perform a "Kumblesque" declaration at about tea and give India around 450 to chase from around 35 overs :)

However knowing Ponting, I think they'll go for quick runs and then maybe give themsleves 2 sessions to bowl out India ?

Atleast 4 decisions that should have gone infavor of India went against India. Indian bowling is far better than Australian bowling in this match. Umpiring made it look worse. (IT IS TODAY"S COUNT)

Last edited:
Saj,

I think looking at the way Australians took the light they are also ensuring Adelaide in 2004 will not be repeated. India chased down 233 on the last day and won the Test.

jackal786 said:
Saj,

I think looking at the way Australians took the light they are also ensuring Adelaide in 2004 will not be repeated. India chased down 233 on the last day and won the Test.
jackal, hows the pitch, looked pretty flat to me when I watched it yesterday until the rain started? If its still quite flat and bearing in mind there is no Warne or MacGill in there, maybe the Aussies might just bat out as long as they can?

siimo said:
I also doubted hawkeye there, because it predicted the ball sailing miles above the stump, in the real time it didn't look going that high. anyway, good that it wasn't given out because had it given that too would have added to the list of blunders.

in the highlights I saw another appeal for a caught behind down leg side not given but didn't seen the replays. was it a fair decision or blunder? I presume it's fair bcoz didn't see much talks about it. anyone seen it live?

Dinakar, that was a blunder as well. RP singh was pleading on his knees. We reached a saturation point where bad decisions are not going to shock us anymore. Only good decisions will shock us.

Saj said:
jackal, hows the pitch, looked pretty flat to me when I watched it yesterday until the rain started? If its still quite flat and bearing in mind there is no Warne or MacGill in there, maybe the Aussies might just bat out as long as they can?

Pitch is easy to bat on. But good spinners can use the rough effectively. But not alarming though. But there is always a pressure in 4th innings. Ponting's thinking will be along the lines "What if.. what if India chased it down". So he will make sure India cannot get there before declaring. May be 75 overs 300 runs. You can pick 10 wickets in 75 overs. Not impossible.

jackal786 said:
Dinakar, that was a blunder as well. RP singh was pleading on his knees. We reached a saturation point where bad decisions are not going to shock us anymore. Only good decisions will shock us.
just watched it now. that' a shocker too.. ofcourse not shocked now :)

We forced Aussies to accept the light .Might sound silly ,but for me thats an achievment .

dinakar said:
just watched it now. that' a shocker too.. ofcourse not shocked now :)
when Hussy let off , honestly i didn't feel anything .We are not supposed to protest ,we will be called as whingers ,cry babies etc .

Well Aussies are not cry babies ,they are aggressors .Thats why.

Back