Australia vs India | 2nd Test | Sydney | 05/01/08

Easa

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
It should be a great day of cricket and for once, I'm staying up and watching it.

Australia will be positive as usual, I fully expect India to be chasing 300+ on the last day. Hope to see Ponting and Gilly fire as they haven't performed to their potential thus far. Lets hope we get some good cricket.

WOW Channel 9 got Gavaskar in studio. They are talking about Harbhajan incident. But before this I didn't see any Inidan in their studio this series

12thMan said:
WOW Channel 9 got Gavaskar in studio. They are talking about Harbhajan incident. But before this I didn't see any Inidan in their studio this series
whats the weather like

It is sunny right now

edit: They said there was some rain early in the morning and there are some clouds around

Last edited:
Not spicy stuff to report. A report has been made and a hearing to take place tonight.

It is starting now :) . Gavaskar saying "What happened to Australians saying what happens on the field stays on field"

darn it Taylor and Nicholas didn't want to play much

Slater saying there was one word that was said and that word was "monkey". Nicholas says but that came from the crowd (maybe a question) and Taylor said no there was one word that was said in the middle (not crowd).

Gavaskar, who has left, did say that this is something that is carrying on from what happened in India

24/0 the Aussies.

Haven't looked too troubled thus far.

Mike Proctor said that the umpire did not hear anything so any charge is merely one man's world against the other.

8-1 field. Right now only one fielder on leg side at midon
Aus 30-0 - trails by 39.
Hayden tries to sweep RP Singh but misses

Its raining now

Rain Rain Go Away Please

Last edited:
covers coming off. looks like umpire wants outfield cleaned a bit. should be 5 min or so before start.

edit: 5 min starting now

Last edited:
Indian bowlers have really bowled a nice tight line to their fields. Aussies moving at just 2 an over. Impressive stuff. Our bowlers would have lost patience and been trying all sorts and no doubt getting whacked in the process.

players on the field. 18 min lost to be made later today
I Sharma bowling with 5 people in slip/gully cordon

Last edited:
Ishant got hit for 14 runs a couple of overs ago; Aussies looking more comfortable after the break.

62/0

Ishant strays onto the pads and Hayden dispatches it through midwicket for 4. Top quality shot.

67/0; Ishant getting punishment now, after his initial tidy 5 overs.

Jaques 31 - Hayden 33
Aus has wiped off the lead :90:
Aus 69-0 - scores level

Jacques gone to the slog sweep, captain strikes, Yuvi takes the catch

85/1

Jaques out ct at square leg by Yuvi off Kumble. the sweep shot gives Kumble 100 wickets against Aus
Aus 85-1

It is phenomenal Kumble has taken 100 wickets in just 16 Tests. against Ozzies.

Harbhajan gets Ponting first ball and is rolling on the ground in celebration :))

Punter again bunnified.

5 times Ponting got out to Harbhajan very first ball out of the total number of 8 times! Ponting is having a nightmare at his hands!

????

that has to be the most retarded celebration ever .

8 times in 8 test Ponting has fallen to Harbhajan! Is there anyone who has fallen more times to a bowler with that kind of ratio?

Harbhajan Singh :))) :)))

that desperate celebration almost made me cry!

Harbhajan can be proud of having a stranglehold of one of the greatest batsman of modern era.

5 times first ball out to Harbajhan - Ponting...
That's an unbelievable stat!

Even Asif hasn't gotten Pieterson that many times!

There is lot of bad blood between Bhajji and Punter for non-cricketing reasons. It might got something to do with it. !

When they were going off for lunch, the rain came out again.

lets hope it stays away!

jackal786 said:
Harbhajan can be proud of having a stranglehold of one of the greatest batsman of modern era.

for real man. Ponting is probably hoping and praying that he gets banned for 2-4 matches.

Hayden reverse sweep for 4 to get his 50 :117:
Aus 111-2 after 35 overs - lead of 42

where is oxy bhai these days?? no quick youtube updates nowadays... :(

i missed the celebration.

Kumble should bring some pacers in. Hussey/hayden are obviously very comfortable against the spinners now.

close LBW shout against Hussey off Kumble. looks lucky there if no bat involved

another shout by Kumble. now against Hayden. Benson says no
Aus 138-2 - lead of 69

No bat involved. dead duck... hitting middle stump at the base..! Another plumb turned down.. Why don't they hand the match to Australia.

jackal786 said:
No bat involved. dead duck... hitting middle stump at the base..! Another plumb turned down.. Why don't they hand the match to Australia.

umpiring has been TERRIBLE this series, for BOTH sides.

tma lol are you sure.. India took 16 wickets in the first innings.. In the second already 4 wickets ! 20 wickets taken already

jackal786 said:
tma lol are you sure.. India took 16 wickets in the first innings.. In the second already 4 wickets ! 20 wickets taken already

well yeah definitely worse against India, but overall just horrendous. I hope umpires also get some serious board review for it.

Hussye played like crap against spinners. He is still lucky to be there.

but he has to be worrying about his average, It is right at 80 now. He get out then it goes into the average 70s

Hayden limping. might be a runner coming soon. He had some leg problem in 1st innings too I think

India needs lot of luck to get wickets.. like clean bowleds, clean catches.

Superb bowling.. no luck. Hayden.. is just closing his eyes and sweeping blindly everything.. Most of the sweeps had no idea what would result in.

rain coming and ground staff is on ready set go but umpires say play on

covers are on now. Tea will probably be taken
Aus 177-2 - lead of 108
The last ball there was a chance missed by Yuvi at midwicket off Hussey

Umpiring has been appauling in this game.

Am shocked pointing has struggled so much this series thus far with bat!

siimo said:
BCCI might hire a hitman to assisinate the umpires!

umpires deserve to be assassinated.

What is this nonsense.

They like to file complaints and punish players. I hope the PLAYERS file a complaint against these fools and give them a taste of their own medicine.

India has to take 40 wickets to win a Test in Australia.. Good going umpires.

The same umpires who are having a hearing on bajji should be scheduled to have hearing about their ridiculous umpiring too.

*** for tat.

siddharth said:
Why u guys are watching such a farce . I am fed up ,seriously fed up .

I stopped watching it. It is frustrating to see these young bowlers RP and Ishant bowling their heart out and not getting rewarded.

Back