India (396 & 255) defeat England (253 & 292) by 106 runs to win the 2nd Test - Series level at 1-1

Rohit want to lose the match I think he clearly keep Axar knowing he will release pressure, most probably Match fixing , want to retire with big amount, no sane person will do this , it look like he trying to lose

Crawley has come a long way. Not many better timers of the ball currently

What's the point of Mukesh when you can't even dare to bowl him in this test?

What an idiotic decision to play him in this test? Like playing Prasidha in the 2nd test of SA series!

Now Ashwin getting tonked too. Bairstow is fully settled now

The issue for England is that they’re 2 wickets away from losing the match.

What's the point of Mukesh when you can't even dare to bowl him in this test?

What an idiotic decision to play him in this test? Like playing Prasidha in the 2nd test of SA series!
Poor captaincy and poor team selection. No one will question Dravid.

Get the next 100 with no more than one wicket lost and advantage Eng.

What a folly it was to keep bowling Axar and not Kuldeep?

Kuldeep has been treated so shabbily by all Indian captains from Kohli to Rohit, the latter just a bit better.

That looked like it would either miss or clip the wicket. But DRS thinks it would crash into leg.

Why the hell not bring Kuldeep early

Last edited by a moderator:
These 2 need a 125-150 run partnership now, doesn’t seem very doable.

Two close lbws, these are the fine margins that decide games. England were in the game 4 down at lunch, but 6 down is curtains. Credit to India.

Think it’s all over for England.

Stokes needs lots of support to get close to the target. It’s Foakes and tail now.

I cannot believe how India is in this game after witnessing one of the worst captaincy in a while. Rohit sharma is handsdown the worst Test captain in the world

I cannot believe how India is in this game after witnessing one of the worst captaincy in a while. Rohit sharma is handsdown the worst Test captain in the world
Apart from being a poor captain, he is a also a very poor test batsman.

Everyone could see that Kuldeep should be given the ball except the main man in the middle.
Kuldeep exposed Rohit’s dumbness in the very first over.

Think it’s all over for England.

Stokes needs lots of support to get close to the target. It’s Foakes and tail now.

It’s about what I expected. A battling effort but not enough. 300 might have been gettable, 400 is a few too many. Game was won by Bumrah in the first innings with reverse swing. England to lose by 120 runs or so.

Kuldeep yadav deserved a selection last match. Just because our batting sucks they keep backing Axar patel. Otherwise Kuldeep is a far better bowelr than Axar

Regardless of what the result will be, this is an amazing play by England batsmen (especially the new age batters at the top and the lower order newbies in rehan and Hartley) in both the games so far.

Not many teams in the last decade or so have had such a counter attacking game against Indian bowlers in India.

Before the 1st game, I was expecting us to mop the floor with this English side easily but I was very wrong in my prediction.

Pitches in the both these tests were pretty good and both teams have enough weaklings (India with its archaic batting approach and questionable team selections will easily top that) turning this series slowly but surely into a very competitive and possibly a blockbuster series (which we have not had at home for some time).

We fans needs to adjust to these mediocre captaincy Rahul likely to be next test captain

Regardless of what the result will be, this is an amazing play by England batsmen (especially the new age batters at the top and the lower order newbies in rehan and Hartley) in both the games so far.

Not many teams in the last decade or so have had such a counter attacking game against Indian bowlers in India.

Before the 1st game, I was expecting us to mop the floor with this English side easily but I was very wrong in my prediction.

Pitches in the both these tests were pretty good and both teams have enough weaklings (India with its archaic batting approach and questionable team selections will easily top that) turning this series slowly but surely into a very competitive and possibly a blockbuster series (which we have not had at home for some time).

Stokes has created a nice environment for these players to express themselves. They are obliging. They are gelling excellently as an unit opposite of how INdia is doing. Indian captain has such a negative body language in comparison. It permeates through the inexperienced Indian batting unit. India needs captaincy change asap.

Regardless of what the result will be, this is an amazing play by England batsmen (especially the new age batters at the top and the lower order newbies in rehab and Hartley) in both the games so far.

What I have found interesting about this series so far is how superfluous the outside noise has been. Everyone without skin in the game wants to have their own hot take on Bazball etc, but England and India fans aren’t really interested. We are just gripped by the contest and enjoying the good competitive Test cricket that is being played. A 2-2 series or 3-2 either way would be fantastic for the game of cricket.

You will win the series 4-1, which is basically mopping the floor.

It is the exact same score line as 2021 when England were apparently playing an outdated, negative brand of cricket.

Bazball drew the home Ashes 2-2, and only because Lyon got injured before the third Test. When he played, it was 2-0 Australia and Bazball went for a hike.

Funnily enough, that again was the score line in 2019 as well when England were playing an outdated, negative brand of cricket.

Bazball this and that. It is basically a scam.

I respect their bazball batting. But their bowling is one of the most mediocre ever to tour India. India getting bowled out even once by that bowling attack in this series is embarrassing enough. India's standard of batting has gone down significantly with loss of few players. Pant to start with. Axar batting at 6 is nightmare that i never imagined. It was a position once held by Laxman and Dravid.

I respect their bazball batting. But their bowling is one of the most mediocre ever to tour India. India getting bowled out even once by that bowling attack in this series is embarrassing enough. India's standard of batting has gone down significantly with loss of few players. Pant to start with. Axar batting at 6 is nightmare that i never imagined. It was a position once held by Laxman and Dravid.
India’s batting has been in downward spiral for sometime now. This kinda embarrassing performances are kinda expected.

More we persist with mediocre batters instead of trying out consistent domestic performers, this will continue.

A complete revamp is needed both from coaching setup and leadership (which unfortunately not going to happen for at least another year or so).

India’s batting has been in downward spiral for sometime now. This kinda embarrassing performances are kinda expected.

More we persist with mediocre batters instead of trying out consistent domestic performers, this will continue.

A complete revamp is needed both from coaching setup and leadership (which unfortunately not going to happen for at least another year or so).
Transition period. Kohli's break has given an insight to how it is going to take a while before gelling happens. Pujara/Rahane most l ikely phased out. Hopefully. Just because these guys fail they shouldn't be bringing them back. They should be trying other guys. Also Pant's replacement is terrible. Bharat what a sore loser he is.

I think a lot of the wickets England are taking is due to Stokes creative captaincy. It isn’t always evident on TV - I have watched this England team play live, and he’s incredibly active with how he manages the field/fielders and doesn’t let the game drift. His leadership is elevating a bowling attack which as you say (apart from Anderson) is extremely green and ordinary.

I think a lot of the wickets England are taking is due to Stokes creative captaincy. It isn’t always evident on TV - I have watched this England team play live, and he’s incredibly active with how he manages the field/fielders and doesn’t let the game drift. His leadership is elevating a bowling attack which as you say (apart from Anderson) is extremely green and ordinary.
Most definitely. But just because stokes make a fielding change that doesn't mean batsmen have to make a shot change. Peak Pujara would have never done that. He would ahve continued playing the same way. These T20 batsmen go for million dollar shot as soon as their ego is tested.

Could not agree more.

Stokes’s captaincy is the big difference between the teams.

For all his heroics in limited overs cricket, Rohit has been abysmal in test arena Both as a batsmen and more importantly as a captain. Highly reactive and irritatingly laid back is how he appears on the field. This naturally rubs onto the players (negatively).

It is not just creativity it is also a test of how bad Indina batting has become. Against Australia they meekly folded against KUnemann and Todd Murphy two nothing bowlers. Then against Bangladesh while chasing 145 in the 4th innings INdia was 74/7 and almost lost the test. They are poor. Pant has been hiding so many weaknesses of this line up.

I keep saying this. It's the bowling people have to watch out for.

The aggressive batting is the distraction.

When Top 6 Test sides have played each other since June 2022(birth of Bazball),

England have the 3rd best collective bowling average (India are slightly better and Australia have been the best bowling side; Saffers slightly worse).

England's wicket taking ability has improved a lot.

I keep saying this. It's the bowling people have to watch out for.

The aggressive batting is the distraction.

When Top 6 Test sides have played each other since June 2022(birth of Bazball),

England have the 3rd best collective bowling average (India are slightly better and Australia have been the best bowling side; Saffers slightly worse).

England's wicket taking ability has improved a lot.

I have sat through many tours where England have struggled and laboured to take 20 wickets in even one game. Negative bowling, dropped catches, and long partnerships where nothing happens.

Whereas now England have taken 20 wickets in most of the “Bazball Tests”, even in some of the defeats, and also in back to back Tests here in India which is a decent effort.

You will win the series 4-1, which is basically mopping the floor.

It is the exact same score line as 2021 when England were apparently playing an outdated, negative brand of cricket.

Bazball drew the home Ashes 2-2, and only because Lyon got injured before the third Test. When he played, it was 2-0 Australia and Bazball went for a hike.

Funnily enough, that again was the score line in 2019 as well when England were playing an outdated, negative brand of cricket.

Bazball this and that. It is basically a scam.
With the way our batters are performing (or lack of) I will be super happy if we somehow win the series by 4-1 😅

First we need to win this game herein Vizag today to level the series, though🥶

I have sat through many tours where England have struggled and laboured to take 20 wickets in even one game. Negative bowling, dropped catches, and long partnerships where nothing happens.

Whereas now England have taken 20 wickets in most of the “Bazball Tests”, even in some of the defeats, and also in back to back Tests here in India which is a decent effort.

Yeah. They are selecting their bowlers a lot better and Stokes' field placements are having an effect as well.

From whatever I've seen, this tour , Ashes down under and RSA in RSA against their full attack are the only potential challenges for Bazball.

None of NZ, PAK, SL, WI can hope to compete against Stoked and McCullum

Yeah. They are selecting their bowlers a lot better and Stokes' field placements are having an effect as well.

From whatever I've seen, this tour , Ashes down under and RSA in RSA against their full attack are the only potential challenges for Bazball.

None of NZ, PAK, SL, WI can hope to compete against Stoked and McCullum
you need conventional batsman to grind out these guys like Kane williamson did with his 200. India gifted their wickets in the first innings of first test by going for T20 shots. Imagine a proper test player who grinds attack to dust. You would have seen two double hundred s in the first innings of first test.

2nd sessions have been easier to bat.
The man of miracles Benjamin Stokes is there for it again.

Kohli - Yes.

Not so sure about Rahul though. There is a reason why he averages in mid '30s in test cricket
And his one customary good innings is done.. all others are bonus now if he did play other matches in this series..

2nd sessions have been easier to bat.
The man of miracles Benjamin Stokes is there for it again.
He has done remarkable things. If he pulls this off this will eclipse anything he has ever achieved given the alien conditions.

Gonna take an insane effort from here but not over till it’s over. This Eng side has the nerves and skill to still crawl to the remaining 196. pitch is not a death trap at all.

Axar misfields and gives away 3 extra runs.

Well done

England need a 100 run partnership to even begin to have a chance.

ndia vs England, 2nd Test: Here's what you need to know!​

Current Status:

• **The match is currently in progress, with Day 3 just having ended.
  • England needs 332 runs to win with 7 wickets remaining.
  • India set a target of 399 runs after being bowled out for 255 in their second innings.

Key Takeaways from Day 3:

• India:
    • Shubman Gill (112) and Yashasvi Jaiswal (90) scored centuries to help India post a respectable total.
    • Jasprit Bumrah produced a magical spell taking 3 wickets to put India in a strong position.
  • England:
    • Zak Crawley and Ben Duckett provided a solid start to the chase, putting on 67 runs for the first wicket.
    • Rehan Ahmed impressed with his composure at the crease, batting unbeaten at the stumps.

What to expect on Day 4:

• The first hour will be crucial, with England needing to score quickly without losing wickets.
  • Indian spinners will look to exploit the turning track and put pressure on the English batsmen.
  • England needs to build partnerships and bat sensibly to chase down the target.

ndia vs England, 2nd Test: Here's what you need to know!​

Current Status:

• **The match is currently in progress, with Day 3 just having ended.
  • England needs 332 runs to win with 7 wickets remaining.
  • India set a target of 399 runs after being bowled out for 255 in their second innings.

Key Takeaways from Day 3:

• India:
    • Shubman Gill (112) and Yashasvi Jaiswal (90) scored centuries to help India post a respectable total.
    • Jasprit Bumrah produced a magical spell taking 3 wickets to put India in a strong position.
  • England:
    • Zak Crawley and Ben Duckett provided a solid start to the chase, putting on 67 runs for the first wicket.
    • Rehan Ahmed impressed with his composure at the crease, batting unbeaten at the stumps.

What to expect on Day 4:

• The first hour will be crucial, with England needing to score quickly without losing wickets.
  • Indian spinners will look to exploit the turning track and put pressure on the English batsmen.
  • England needs to build partnerships and bat sensibly to chase down the target.
Slow day, eh!

Foakes is miles ahead of Bharat in all departments.
Even Hartley, Ahmed also , heck even Anderson much better batsmen, completely killed the momentum once come in totally shut shop

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Hartley, Ahmed also , MIDGET cannot even speck in shoes , heck even Anderson much better batsmen, completely killed the momentum once come in totally shut shop
Even then we keep playing him. Shows how mentally bankrupt Dravid and Rohit are

Quite a few edges of late. Kuldeep and Ashwin are bowling quite well though

Back