India (396 & 255) defeat England (253 & 292) by 106 runs to win the 2nd Test - Series level at 1-1

England would genuinely still be in this with 4 wickets in hand. Absolutely dismal run out from Stokes. He’s had a few slack run outs in Tests.

No changes in bowling ,no change in fielding ,nothing doing different, Rohit Captaincy is like text book , every bowler must bowl 8 or 9 overs 1 stretch wther u take wicket or leak run ,no care just bowl ur quota , really really lousy Captaincy, I cannot remember when we had non thinking idiot captain like this

tom hartley has been given out for catch out not lbw so lbw will still be not out

I hope no one complains about umpires favouring India.

Both Erasmus and Gaffaney have now ruled crucial marginal decisions against India on the 4th day.

I hope no one complains about umpires favouring India.

Both Erasmus and Gaffaney have now ruled crucial marginal decisions against India on the 4th day.
Indians very defensive over pitch doctoring umpire calls etc. what you got to hide ?

This is a nice match. up

India has 2 or 3 batsmen
England has 9 batsmen

India's poor batting has made the contest somewhat even in India.

Don't India have a better bowler than this Mukesh? Where is Shami or Siraj? Shami would have cleaned up the tail in no time.

Don't India have a better bowler than this Mukesh? Where is Shami or Siraj? Shami would have cleaned up the tail in no time.
SHami is injured. He is more lethal than Bumrah in Indain conditions. He is near unplayable when the ball reverses.

Reactions: IAJ
Had we been asked to chase this score, we'd have been bundled out for close to 100 runs.

Just the first innings spell from Bumrah that was the difference in this game. Imagine if England had got a few more and it was 300 to win. What a finish we’d have here.

Come on Bashir!! Make history!! Time to better that career best 44*

I can never get an explanation for bowling Axar for that long in the morning session.

1/75 off 14 overs is a very poor return in these conditions. Strange captaincy that he got so long.

England have won the second innings contest, a morale victory:asghar

What a poor review by the losers Rohit, Bharat and Mukesh

India's loss of several key players has made this somewhat nerve wracking. Usually with full strenght side INdia would dispose most oppositions of.

India winning despite such a pathetic selection of Mukesh Kumar as replacement for Jadeja.

In these conditions, it is like replacing Imran Khan with Hasan Ali.

It will be a miraculous win for India after poor shot selection, poor captaincy, poor field set, poor bowling rotation, poor team selection.

Why do we only have Bumrah and Mukesh in the squad ?

Where are the other pacers, Umesh would have done way better than Mukesh, i hope this squad is only for the first two or three tests, we need some capable pacers here, hopefully Shami gets fit.

Very very tough MOTM decision to make between Jaiswal and Bumrah..

Considering No Rishabh, Jadzaa, Shami, KL, VK terrific effort by our boys, what was heartening to see was the hunger and passion by young guys like yash jaiswal, also the fact that their prev batting failures didnt let gill and iyer down, their fielding was fab. ....
For Eng - hats off....what a performance, very few visiting sides have come in like this and matches us blow for blow....i just love the english never say die spirit.....if they keep this up no reason why they can win ashes in aus.....

It will be a miraculous win for India after poor shot selection, poor captaincy, poor field set, poor bowling rotation, poor team selection.
That's because English bowlers were even poor with the full tosses and rank long hops, and batters with the loose bat in hand.

Overall, India played better cricket and deserved to win.

That's because English bowlers were even poor with the full tosses and rank long hops, and batters with the loose bat in hand.

Overall, India played better cricket and deserved to win.

That makes India's performance even wors.e lol They got bowled out twice against such bowling.

This win can’t hide the fact that our batting unit is a complete joke even at our home conditions, these days.

Expecting Dravid and Rohit gang to survive the scrutiny of media once again and continue their merry way of making questionable decisions and play.

Good fight by England batters.

Excellent Test match all in all..

A good balanced wicket. The future of Indian batting, Jaiswal and Gill scoring a double century and century each. Bumrah bowling at his near best. And a very spirited effort by England in the second part of the test..

Just the first innings spell from Bumrah that was the difference in this game. Imagine if England had got a few more and it was 300 to win. What a finish we’d have here.
Come on, Rohit captaincy, Mukesh and Bharat playing ', Dravid and his stooges supporting what else u need

Why do we only have Bumrah and Mukesh in the squad ?

Where are the other pacers, Umesh would have done way better than Mukesh, i hope this squad is only for the first two or three tests, we need some capable pacers here, hopefully Shami gets fit.
Why no umesh, Why discard him if so early if have no replacement, look anderson still playing, Why cant 35 year umesh cannot play, he would have mande huge difference withs his pace and reverse swing

The other terrific takeaway for our guys, never mind the doom and gloom in the above posts was that India adapted....and adapted big time.....Eng were good enough to bring india out of their comfort zones, but india matched it and changed their strategy...everytime we were challenged we had an answer...cue first iinings eng 120 odd for 1 , jazz boom reverses it and blows them away, It would have been so easy for gill and iyer to go into their shell when they had a difficult time in the morning but they fought on, in the 2nd dig, i though ashwin hung on and is starting to get some rhythm back....instead of just blindly blaming management, coach, every one and sundry - we've won a hard fought test ona wicket that was excellent - and nothing was easy....a
Winning like this gives awesome satisfaction...:ds

India's performance will be up and down with so many players getting older. Ashwin/Jadeja/Kohli/Rohit. One generation is going to be replaced by another generation. So there will be odd failures. But tactically India has to be much better. Picking Axar patel as no.6 batsman is mental. I have never seen such a weak 6/7/8/9/10/11 in all my life in Indian conditions.

India levelled the series in the second Test against England with a 106-run victory over England in Visakhapatnam.
Following a remarkable victory over England, India has reclaimed the second position in the ICC World Test Championship 2023-25 standings, closing the gap behind table-toppers Australia.

A rare setback in the opening Test in Hyderabad had previously seen India slip from second to fifth place.

However, their recent triumph has propelled them back up the rankings, pushing their point percentage to 52.77. The top half of the table remains highly competitive, with five teams separated by a mere 5% in point percentage.

India were under the pump coming into the second Test match and they delivered an outstanding performance. Yashasvi Jaiswal played a pivotal role with the bat, scoring a double-century in the first innings and steering India to a total of 396.

Jasprit Bumrah's exceptional bowling display became the highlight of the match as he claimed a six-wicket haul, dismantling the English lineup and restricting them to 253.

Zak Crawley was the lone warrior for England in the fourth innings, standing out as the lone batter to surpass the 50-run mark. Ravichandran Ashwin and Bumrah picked up three wickets each to knock England over for 292, winning the match by 106 runs.

The action now heads to Rajkot for the third Test, starting 15 February.

Source: ICC

Who would you replace Bharat with?
Any one who cant keep and bat even Kl is ok, not this Midget Bharat, even England no 9, 10 batting good, this guy totally shut down and kill all momentum, after fall of Gill, if this idiot play positively than we would be in commanding position instaed he grinding down like he is facing peak murali or warne on rank turner

India's performance will be up and down with so many players getting older. Ashwin/Jadeja/Kohli/Rohit. One generation is going to be replaced by another generation. So there will be odd failures. But tactically India has to be much better. Picking Axar patel as no.6 batsman is mental. I have never seen such a weak 6/7/8/9/10/11 in all my life in Indian conditions.
Its not like we dont have players to replace, if team think tank choose wrong players then same thing will happen, sundar,safarz, Umesh why cant then select then and try

Who would you replace Bharat with?

Anyone of the half a dozen superior WK options -

Upendra Yadav
Dhruv Jhurel
Prabhsimran Singh
Jitesh Sharma
Ishan Kishan
Sanju Samson

Heck Saha even now at 38 is a better option..or just give the gloves back to KL.

Why no umesh, Why discard him if so early if have no replacement, look anderson still playing, Why cant 35 year umesh cannot play, he would have mande huge difference withs his pace and reverse swing

Rohit thought Mukesh is Ambani so he is giving him a chance in form of youngster because Umesh is old and not a future.

India's spinners averaged 40 with the ball this test. England have been successful against the spinners. They couldn't handle Bumrah's brilliance
England's spinners averaged 33 with the ball even though they were clearly bowling much worse than their indian counterparts. Alot of their wickets were due to good captaincy from stokes.

Not picking Robinson was a big selection error for England.

Bumrah: My job to guide the bowling attack
Player of the Match, Jasprit Bumrah (6-45 and 3-46):

"If you think about numbers, it adds a lot of pressure. I am just very happy that we won. To contribute to that success feels even better.

"I don't see myself as the leader of the attack but I there are new bowlers coming in so it is my job to guide them and help them."

Rohit proud of 'young' India
More from Rohit:

"I am very proud of our young squad against a team like England. We played positively.

"A lot of the guys are young in terms of playing this format for us so it will take some time to be absolutely spot on.

"England have been playing good cricket so we know it will not be an easy series for us."

Good day of cricket. Excellent series so far. One of the best in recent times.

I believe Jasprit Bumrah was determined not to let England chase down the target. His bowling was superb in the second Test. Although Joe Root tried to accelerate with a BazBall approach, Bumrah was too good in this Test match.

Should add that it was a competitive and fair Test wicket.
Something in it for the bowlers and for batsmen who applied themselves, like Jaiswal and Gill, runs.
Hardly a “doctored” pitch as some had suggested after Stokes’s reaction to his dismissal in the first innings.

I believe Jasprit Bumrah was determined not to let England chase down the target. His bowling was superb in the second Test. Although Joe Root tried to accelerate with a BazBall approach, Bumrah was too good in this Test match.
Root is too good a player to bat inanely like he has been doing — such a shame his mind has been scrambled by the Bazball hype.

People here are asking for KL to keep wickets in place of KSB...i can understand the angst amongs people for not wanting ks bharat in next test...but keeping in matches in india in hot weather in test matches and then being called onto bat, is a very hard task. in odi it might be easire - u keep for 50 ov....but not easy to keep whole day in indian conditions....and that too majority of overs against spinners. ...i guess management might turn to jurel in the 3rd test....
whereas, surely we can pick some one better than mukesh for rajkot test.
Traditionally Rajkot is a pancake flat test...expect high scoring draws here. ..

When was the last time indian fast bowler getting mom in home test match.. It will be interesting to see how many times indian fast bowlers getting mom in home test matches.

Gone are the days we have Shastri/ Arun / Kohli's combo now we struck with Dravid / No name bowling and batting/ Fielding coach most useless space in indian team and Rohit who is mirror image of dravid and all put to gether along with their Quota players make this team really lame and defensive
If old setup is there , they would crippled the england team and why was Umesh not picked ,I would pick him even if he is 38 years old instead of useless Mukesh/ prasid/ Avesh
Sridhar the fielding coach was absolute legend, Bharat Arun was diamond awesome....its BCCI's loos that they have let such guys go

Back