Australia vs Pakistan | 3rd test | Hobart | 2nd day - 15th Jan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
Only pride to play for now, this team gets on top but the removes the foot from the accelerator.

What will today have in store?

the only thing certain in today's store is some more dropped catches

ascher said:
the only thing certain in today's store is some more dropped catches

LOL the only two things certain in life.

1. Everyone will die.
2. Pakistan will drop catches.

gollumbird said:
LOL the only 3 things certain in life.

1. Everyone will die.
3. Pakistan will collapse

Edited

Shezada said:
aussies 100% will declare at 450-470

450 470 500 are still at least 150 ahead of anything we are capable of scoring. :inti

On_the_up said:
3. Pakistan will collapse at the very sniff of pressure.
and at that moment our molana wouldn't find any other place except for his beard to look for any kind of solution!

gIve him a couple of more tests like these and I wouldn't be surprised if he turns clean-shaven again!

Im expecting a ponting triple century boiz and johnson ripping apart the top order in the evening session

Probably an early Aus declaration and the match been over in 3 days

Pak_NM said:
Probably an early Aus declaration and the match been over in 3 days
It needs to end in 3 days. Forecast of rain on last 2 days. Yousaf has prolly been up all night praying for rain to come on day 2.

Early wickets are the key to Pakistan on Day 2.

Last edited:
Dr_Bassim said:
Originally Posted by gollumbird

LOL the only 3 things certain in life.

1. Everyone will die.
3. Pakistan will collapse

Edited

4. Yousuf will become aggressive (while batting).

catches win matches

The greatness of Wasim and Waqar probably hid the terrible fielding practices. Now that Pakistan has bowlers who rely on catches rather than LBW and clean bowled, Pakistan's fielding is being exposed even further. I really dont care how good of a bowler you really are, or batsman, if you cant field, you cant play. Ideally, the runs that ponting is making should be tagged into Aamir's bowling avg because that is the impact.

Drop catches should be a category in cricket like it is in baseball. Players' fielding statstics should be part of the overall judgement. Especially players coming in Pakistan.

Inti says that it is a gross root issue? Then why we have fields like Afridi, Younus and Imran Nazir who seem to do really well in fielding.

saamry said:
The greatness of Wasim and Waqar probably hid the terrible fielding practices. Now that Pakistan has bowlers who rely on catches rather than LBW and clean bowled, Pakistan's fielding is being exposed even further. I really dont care how good of a bowler you really are, or batsman, if you cant field, you cant play. Ideally, the runs that ponting is making should be tagged into Aamir's bowling avg because that is the impact.

Drop catches should be a category in cricket like it is in baseball. Players' fielding statstics should be part of the overall judgement. Especially players coming in Pakistan.

Inti says that it is a gross root issue? Then why we have fields like Afridi, Younus and Imran Nazir who seem to do really well in fielding.

I wish every cricket organization insists that. It will make the players work hard.

Fielding skill is based on the players attitude from young age. Even in school teams I have seen many good batsmen were not interested in fielding.

ChennaiFan said:
I wish every cricket organization insists that. It will make the players work hard.

Fielding skill is based on the players attitude from young age. Even in school teams I have seen many good batsmen were not interested in fielding.
It is the kingly attitude people develop because they are talented in one aspect of the game. Though, these people are exposed when they play against teams which are decipline and make effort to be really good in all aspects of the game.

Pakistan use to out power other teams with share talent. No longer does Pakistan has the talent to out right compensate for these other failings.

So, Pakistan's cricketers need to get in line and work hard to become good in all aspects of the game including the tactics (Yousuf lacks any talent for tactics on field).

I don't feel like following this team anymore..I really hope this is the last tests for some of the people in our team..want an administration change as well..hopefully!

Lethal said:
Anyone know if the new ball was taken yesterday.

sorry bro I told you wrong..the new bowl was taken..

Last edited:
Anyway good luck to Pakistan.

Not staying awake tonight.

Early night for me though I'm tempted to watch till lunch like I did yesterday.

Lethal said:
Anyone know if the new ball was taken yesterday.

The old ball was senior :moyo and could not be replaced.

On a serious note, looking forward to today. Should be a declaration somewhere in the afternoon session.

mmkextreme_1 said:
I don't think so..according to the commentary on cricinfo..it doesn't mention Pakistan taking the new bowl at all..
Yes they took new ball when 6 overs left

1 hour left till we have to see ponting and clarke play tap tap run tap tap stay tap tap four
haha :)))

critical said:
australia declare 580 for 9 pakistan 150 for 5

Nah 580 is a huge score. Australia are not India, they go for National Glory rather than Individual Glory. I don't see them hanging around a minute longer than they absolutely have to.

gollumbird said:
Nah 580 is a huge score. Australia are not India, they go for National Glory rather than Individual Glory. I don't see them hanging around a minute longer than they absolutely have to.

why do you have to bring india into everything? India despite of posting huge scores have recently been able to win most matches within 4 days. Please worry about your team first which might be on the way to its third successive defeat

With a brittle line up like Pakistan it will be smarter to bat only once, score 600 and then get them out twice. Match will end faster

Indiafan said:
why do you have to bring india into everything? India despite of posting huge scores have recently been able to win most matches within 4 days. Please worry about your team first which might be on the way to its third successive defeat

With a brittle line up like Pakistan it will be smarter to bat only once, score 600 and then get them out twice. Match will end faster

i agree with this guy, worry about our pak team. india is already no.1 in tests so they must be doing something right, even if it is 'individual glory'

Sarfraz lets one go through.

To be fair to him .. it moved late.

Why is Michael Clarke wearing black arm band? Even yesterday I noticed it.

gollumbird said:

Could be because of the Earthquake in Haiti? But then would'nt Pakistan be wearing it too?!

Mohammad Asif is head and shoulders above all the bowlers in this series. Wonderful effort from him all season.

Yousuf has probably been the best ground fielder for us across the entire series which is kinda worrying

gollumbird said:

its a dedication to some aussie player , thats what the commentators said yesterday

can anyone tell me when CBN starts working so i can go down in my basement to watch it ..

i m in my room upstairs so can't keep an eye on my tv

thnxs

Not out, no more reviews and still 7 wickets to get. Good work team.

Keeper wasn't so certain. Only Gul was certain. MoYo immediately went for a review. We are out of reviews I reckon.

there was a noise, but i dont think it was out, it coudlve been something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back