"Azam Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Saim Ayub, Naseem Shah, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir are in the team just to take the blame for the losses": Ahmed Shehzad

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In an interview, Ahmed Shahzad spoke about the issues within the Pakistan team. He said:

"You have kept Saim Ayub in the team despite his many failures just to divert attention.

You have put Azam Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Saim Ayub, Naseem Shah, Imad Wasim, and Mohammad Amir in the team so that all the blame for the losses can be placed on them.

No matter what combination you choose without a strong start from your openers no one can do wonders, it's nearly impossible to achieve a target with 13 runs per over who come to bat in the last few overs.

They always claim they will play aggressive cricket from now on, but it’s misleading.

Mohsin Naqvi clearly stated in Dublin that we need to play aggressive cricket to score over 200 runs. He said not to worry if we get out for 110 or 120 runs but to go aggressive. Have you noticed if our captain has followed that directive? It seems like your captain isn't taking Mohsin Naqvi seriously nor is he following any instructions from the team management. Babar Azam is just trying to carry this team as he has been for the last four years. If this continues even putting Iftikhar in the one-down position won’t help u."

In an interview, Ahmed Shahzad spoke about the issues within the Pakistan team. He said:

"You have kept Saim Ayub in the team despite his many failures just to divert attention.

You have put Azam Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Saim Ayub, Naseem Shah, Imad Wasim, and Mohammad Amir in the team so that all the blame for the losses can be placed on them.

No matter what combination you choose without a strong start from your openers no one can do wonders, it's nearly impossible to achieve a target with 13 runs per over who come to bat in the last few overs.

They always claim they will play aggressive cricket from now on, but it’s misleading.

Mohsin Naqvi clearly stated in Dublin that we need to play aggressive cricket to score over 200 runs. He said not to worry if we get out for 110 or 120 runs but to go aggressive. Have you noticed if our captain has followed that directive? It seems like your captain isn't taking Mohsin Naqvi seriously nor is he following any instructions from the team management. Babar Azam is just trying to carry this team as he has been for the last four years. If this continues even putting Iftikhar in the one-down position won’t help u.

Did Ahmed Shehzad just speak pure and proper facts? I mean still hypocritical cause he was a slow poke in his era but good job.

Zindabad buddy. I have changed my whole perspective and opinion about you. Good boy.

- Insert: incoming Hate and harassment on twitter from senti Bobby and rizzu fans

Lol..So what should babar do...Kick them all out of the team
That's not what he's saying.

He's saying babar and rizwan put them their so that they can be his scapegoats which is what all of us have been saying.

He's done this with fakhar, shabzada farhan and many proper talents as well.

He's saying Bobby stating if the rr is 13 and I'll hit a 4 here and their and take singles is clearly wrong.

Pakistan will lose 100% of its games if babar and rizwan do not provide a start(He's talking and including saim as well in this convo)

Zindabad shehzad. It is good you have converted. He probs realised he's never coming back so time to ride the truth train

Ahmad Shehzad knows right now person to attack is Babar and people are going all gaga over it. Target achieved.

So if Babar doesnt play Saim Ayub, its babars fault. If Babar plays Saim and he doesnt perform, its again Babars fault...

The logic of some fans and people here
Key words "You have kept saim ayub in the team despite his many failures just to divert attention"

^^ Babar is keeping saim to convince people to bring back the crap combo and to divert attention from his slow SR.

That's a fact the sooner you accept it the better. And this fact is backed up by Babar wanting to have saim go at 80 for 5.

Just suck it up, put fakhar back at opening and the 2 seniors rizwan and babar have them start attacking and make use of the PP, Will jacks, Butler and Salt style.

Ahmad Shehzad knows right now person to attack is Babar and people are going all gaga over it. Target achieved.
What has he said that's wrong? You can be am attemtion seeker and he correct at the same time.

If I was a famous influencer who attacked malik swapping wives being wrong solely for the sake of millions of views, it wouldn't change the fact that I am still right.

So if Babar doesnt play Saim Ayub, its babars fault. If Babar plays Saim and he doesnt perform, its again Babars fault...

no bro... after so many failures if babar still trying to keep saim ayub in the team then he must be answerable.

no bro... after so many failures if babar still trying to keep saim ayub in the team then he must be answerable.
He said Babar is keeping saim in to divert attention from himself which he's 100% doing

It's not like this is the first time he's been called out for this.

Babar has akmal khandan Genes. He's no different from those 3 dramei bazi. Genetics is a strong thing one can't ignore

More and more people are now waking up with former ex cricketers bashing babar left and right and exposing this regime black and blue.

More and more people needed now.

Some of the fans just want to blame Babar but Ahmed has a point.

Just because he is Ahmed he isnt 100 percent right but he is almost there.

Babar and Rizwan historically have batted too slow and dumped all the blame on the middle order.

It's a chicken and egg situation....do they bat slow because the middle order is terrible...or does the middle order bat slow because Babr and Rizwan have consumed too many balls.

Ahmed has unnecessarily brought Saim Amir and Imad into it. Probably to bring in as many names as possible.

But the reality is in the past Fakhar, Ifti, etc have been made to bat out of their skins while the top two drop anchor. Then all the blame goes on then.

What has he said that's wrong? You can be am attemtion seeker and he correct at the same time.

If I was a famous influencer who attacked malik swapping wives being wrong solely for the sake of millions of views, it wouldn't change the fact that I am still right.
You guys didn’t have the same POV when he attacked Haris? So it’s okay now?

Anyway, Azam khan isn’t failing because he is trying to cover up for the slow start. Amir is a bowler so slow start isn’t relevant here. Saim Ayub has been a total failure and it’s not because he asked to play aggressively, it’s because his shot selection is awful. He is trying to play everything square of the wicket.
There are no scapegoats in modern cricket. Everything gets scrutinized, and that’s Shadab, Rauf, etc get a lot of flak on their performances.

Anyway, Azam khan isn’t failing because he is trying to cover up for the slow start. Amir is a bowler so slow start isn’t relevant here. Saim Ayub has been a total failure and it’s not because he asked to play aggressively, it’s because his shot selection is awful. He is trying to play everything square of the wicket.
There are no scapegoats in modern cricket. Everything gets scrutinized, and that’s Shadab, Rauf, etc get a lot of flak on their performances.

That's not what I said, I never said wah wah he's a bully. I said shehzad claiming haris doesn't warrant a position but ignoring the fact hasebillah was named as a replacement over him was disingenuous. And that he was claiming nepotism wasn't at play whereas with the case of azam its clearly in play.

As for the rest of your arguments, that's not even the center point. The center focus is that everyone is a scapegoat except Bobby and rizzu where everyone rushes to defend them in waves whereas their the problem.

Fakhar is playing at 4, Shabzada farhan made his debut at no 7 and was dropped expecting to perform in an extremely difficult situation in t20, Tayyab tahir was dropped on random, the team that was sent to the Afghanistan series wasn't sent with the idea of NZ developing their players and gaining experience while losing, it was sent with the idea of scape goating the entire squad to justify babar and rizzu's inclusion.

Similarly saim ayub is playing and failing to take heat of Bobby and rizzu cause god forbid an opener one day manages to come and actually perform and then another one comes and then a no 3 cones permanently threatening their position at the top.

Please try to understand context rather then looking through the lens of Bobby and rizzu. No one is denying shehzad. In fact Shehzad made this claim cause he's being a whiny SOB because he knows he ain't getting selected again but that doesn't invalidate his feelings being right.

Muhammad haris claim was half right, he was correct on identifying the lack of form but was incorrect on claiming nepotism and fair selections were in play.

Why not try Usman Khan as an opener then because atleast he was doing good as top order batter in different leagues like T10

Babar isn’t playing Saim. It’s Azhar Mahmood and co.

We know exactly what Babar wants to do if he had all the power.

Last edited by a moderator:
As if Babar understood cricket and decided to move to 3 so that Saim could open lol

This move is a forced one by Pakistan cricket management taking power away from Babar…his little chum spoke out in NZ that he feels the nations favourite Jodi has been broken up.

Give Babar all the power now and watch how you see the rubbish under Ramiz Raja return

As if Babar understood cricket and decided to move to 3 so that Saim could open lol

This move is a forced one by Pakistan cricket management taking power away from Babar…his little chum spoke out in NZ that he feels the nations favourite Jodi has been broken up.

Give Babar all the power now and watch how you see the rubbish under Ramiz Raja return
No genuine cricket fan wants babar and rizwan to open.

Literally I asked a random pakistani fan today who isn't aware of PP ot Any twitter drama and he vetbatim said these words

" Opening Fakhar ko hi karni chayei, yei babar aur rizwan aur saim bilkul beqar t20 players hain".

If he said this here poor sharish guy would get torn apart left and right.

That's not what I said, I never said wah wah he's a bully. I said shehzad claiming haris doesn't warrant a position but ignoring the fact hasebillah was named as a replacement over him was disingenuous. And that he was claiming nepotism wasn't at play whereas with the case of azam its clearly in play.

As for the rest of your arguments, that's not even the center point. The center focus is that everyone is a scapegoat except Bobby and rizzu where everyone rushes to defend them in waves whereas their the problem.

Fakhar is playing at 4, Shabzada farhan made his debut at no 7 and was dropped expecting to perform in an extremely difficult situation in t20, Tayyab tahir was dropped on random, the team that was sent to the Afghanistan series wasn't sent with the idea of NZ developing their players and gaining experience while losing, it was sent with the idea of scape goating the entire squad to justify babar and rizzu's inclusion.

Similarly saim ayub is playing and failing to take heat of Bobby and rizzu cause god forbid an opener one day manages to come and actually perform and then another one comes and then a no 3 cones permanently threatening their position at the top.

Please try to understand context rather then looking through the lens of Bobby and rizzu. No one is denying shehzad. In fact Shehzad made this claim cause he's being a whiny SOB because he knows he ain't getting selected again but that doesn't invalidate his feelings being right.

Muhammad haris claim was half right, he was correct on identifying the lack of form but was incorrect on claiming nepotism and fair selections were in play.
I have no love or hate relationship with Babar and Rizwan. I say things how they are with blaming them for everything.

Again, if I understood you correctly (apologies in advance if I am wrong), you’re saying that Babar is letting Saim Ayub play despite his failures, because this somehow gives them a sense of security for their place in the team? Further, you said if another opener comes in and and another opener comes in then they lose their places. Correct? That is so preposterous that I don’t even know what to say? Even historically speaking, how many good openers has Pakistan produced? You must have worn some special hate glasses while coming up with this theory. Saim is in the side because he put up good numbers in the PSL, UK was selected for the same reason as well. Unfortunately, Saim and UK both haven’t replicated what they did in the PSL.

If Saim wasn’t given a fair chance you would have blamed Babar for hogging a spot for himself. Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.

Shehzad brought in Imad, Nasim Shah and Amir into the discussion as well, even though none of them are affected why Babar and Rizwan’s SR.

Fakhar is playing at number 4 because this is the position where he has performed the best in T20s. He has a poor average as a T20Is opener. Even if we ignore that and pick 2023 PSL year where he performed quite well as an opener, his SR during the PP was only 128, nothing special. And in 2024 PSL he performed pretty badly. Maybe we should accept that playing at number 4 is helping him and Pakistan.

Im not sure where Tayab came into discussion and how’s that relevant. But he didn’t help his case when failed miserable against AFG and in of the T20 he was plying at a SR of 50.

Babar isn’t playing Saim. It’s Azhar Mahmood and co.

We know exactly what Babar wants to do if he had all the power.
So why are Azhar Mahmood and co constantly playing Saim through the NZ, Ire, and this series as opener and not testing Usman Khan up there? Either way it's been poor management

Mohsin Naqvi clearly stated in Dublin that we need to play aggressive cricket to score over 200 runs. He said not to worry if we get out for 110 or 120 runs but to go aggressive. Have you noticed if our captain has followed that directive? It seems like your captain isn't taking Mohsin Naqvi seriously nor is he following any instructions from the team management. Babar Azam is just trying to carry this team as he has been for the last four years. If this continues even putting Iftikhar in the one-down position won’t help u."
I disagree about the Saim Ayub part as I think they're genuinely just banking on him to come big and unleash the potential he's shown in the PSL, CPL, and domestic cricket. But I agree about Babar still trying to carry the team on his own and not playing aggressive cricket as per their own words. Even Gary Kirsten pointed this out. Babar sometimes plays like he's the only one who can bat and then leaves a huge load for people like Ifti and Imad to carry us home in the last few overs. The 2nd t20 was a great example and one of many.

With the type of performances Azam Khan, and Iftikhar are giving right now, there is nothing wrong with it if they are blamed for the team's loss. Saim Ayub is also not an angel who cannot be blamed. He has been given enough chances and he has failed to produce 1 good inning that resulted in the Team's victory.

This guy, Ahmed Shehzad is just trying to attract people towards him for fame. All the thing he said makes no sense. Does he want PCB to drop all these names he took and select an opener like himself? WHat is his agenda?

Lmao I'd forgotten this dude existed. Back in early 2010s he was one of the two pricipal challenger to Kohli according to Pakistan fans.

I have no love or hate relationship with Babar and Rizwan. I say things how they are with blaming them for everything.

Again, if I understood you correctly (apologies in advance if I am wrong), you’re saying that Babar is letting Saim Ayub play despite his failures, because this somehow gives them a sense of security for their place in the team? Further, you said if another opener comes in and and another opener comes in then they lose their places. Correct? That is so preposterous that I don’t even know what to say? Even historically speaking, how many good openers has Pakistan produced? You must have worn some special hate glasses while coming up with this theory. Saim is in the side because he put up good numbers in the PSL, UK was selected for the same reason as well. Unfortunately, Saim and UK both haven’t replicated what they did in the PSL.

If Saim wasn’t given a fair chance you would have blamed Babar for hogging a spot for himself. Damn if you do, damn if you don’t.

Shehzad brought in Imad, Nasim Shah and Amir into the discussion as well, even though none of them are affected why Babar and Rizwan’s SR.

Fakhar is playing at number 4 because this is the position where he has performed the best in T20s. He has a poor average as a T20Is opener. Even if we ignore that and pick 2023 PSL year where he performed quite well as an opener, his SR during the PP was only 128, nothing special. And in 2024 PSL he performed pretty badly. Maybe we should accept that playing at number 4 is helping him and Pakistan.

Im not sure where Tayab came into discussion and how’s that relevant. But he didn’t help his case when failed miserable against AFG and in of the T20 he was plying at a SR of 50.

He's playing saim because

A) if saim fails it takes heat off of him and rejustifies the opening combo which his buddy rizzu has complained about in January. Media hate is why the partnership was broken up in the first place.

B) If saim succeeds then it takes heat of ove hin due to sr, Saim is expected to attack and go at 80 of 5 cause babar as he stated in January is not willing to increase SR, he wants to be the t20 anchorer which is just an excuse of not wanting to play as babar is poor from overs 7-15 and poor from overs 1-6, only good from overs 16-20 which he doesn't always reach.

Either way saim is 100% the scapegoat here to take heat off. Which is what Shehzad said as well as mentioning the rest below.

Point is either saim and the middle order is blamed or saim and the middle order is Praised ALONGWITH babar and rizwan if they accumulate.

But babar and rizwan are never blamed by their loyalist cult fans, that's the jist of what shehzad said

Yeah we can try Usman but I m sure he will also end up like Rizwan spoiling the power play.

we need someone agressive like iftikhar lol :ifticool kyun bhui @Mohraheem :p
Why would UK spoil the PP? He either fails but if not he'll try his best to attack?

Even in his 36 of 26, he missed alot and was basically looking to get out every ball but he was trying his best to attack, he wasn't ducking or waiting for the arch like 43 year old chacha

That's 6 players out of the 11 he's named. If all of them don't perform, of course they will be blamed.

At Birmingham, the problem:

Saim 2 (7)
Rizwan 0 (3)

Solution in RizBar fans minds:

“Drop Saim and let Babar open with Rizwan”

Sick and tired of these hypocrites!

Babar plays Saim and Azam despite repeated failures - He's using them as a scapegoat
Babar drops Saim and Azam after 10 matches each - He's not giving them enough time

Rizwan still playing bad T20 powerplay opening cricket is Saim’s fault because Babar isn’t opening with him

Babar playing better as a number 3 than he does as an opener is Saim’s fault because he isn’t being cuddled along the way with Rizwan from ball 1.

At Birmingham, the problem:

Saim 2 (7)
Rizwan 0 (3)

Solution in RizBar fans minds:

“Drop Saim and let Babar open with Rizwan”

Sick and tired of these hypocrites!
Had misbah not suggested this pair, no one would be suggesting it either

He's playing saim because

A) if saim fails it takes heat off of him and rejustifies the opening combo which his buddy rizzu has complained about in January. Media hate is why the partnership was broken up in the first place.

B) If saim succeeds then it takes heat of ove hin due to sr, Saim is expected to attack and go at 80 of 5 cause babar as he stated in January is not willing to increase SR, he wants to be the t20 anchorer which is just an excuse of not wanting to play as babar is poor from overs 7-15 and poor from overs 1-6, only good from overs 16-20 which he doesn't always reach.

Either way saim is 100% the scapegoat here to take heat off. Which is what Shehzad said as well as mentioning the rest below.

Point is either saim and the middle order is blamed or saim and the middle order is Praised ALONGWITH babar and rizwan if they accumulate.

But babar and rizwan are never blamed by their loyalist cult fans, that's the jist of what shehzad said
The gist of the interview is "me, me, and me; get me on the team." He is trying to suck up to Mohsin Naqvi by claiming that Babar is not listening to Maqvi. Pitting than against each other.

Your point about the 80/5 would have merit if Saim was scoring runs and then getting out trying to maintain the required run rate or a higher scoring rate. However, that’s not the case: he often can't even score 10-15 runs. He is getting out due to poor shot selection.

Additionally, I don’t understand why you don't want Saim to play aggressively. We need more aggressive players to set an example so that slower players like Babar and Rizwan can be replaced. If Saim also slows down, how will Pakistan cricket progress?

Every player has to fulfill their role, including Babar and Rizwan. Saim, Azam, and Iftikhar cannot blame others for their failures, just as Babar and Rizwan cannot blame others for their slow strike rates or failing to perform in crucial matches.

His supporters are annoying, but so are his haters. For one group, Babar can do no wrong, while for the other group, everything wrong is Babar’s fault.

The gist of the interview is "me, me, and me; get me on the team." He is trying to suck up to Mohsin Naqvi by claiming that Babar is not listening to Maqvi. Pitting than against each other.

Your point about the 80/5 would have merit if Saim was scoring runs and then getting out trying to maintain the required run rate or a higher scoring rate. However, that’s not the case: he often can't even score 10-15 runs. He is getting out due to poor shot selection.

Additionally, I don’t understand why you don't want Saim to play aggressively. We need more aggressive players to set an example so that slower players like Babar and Rizwan can be replaced. If Saim also slows down, how will Pakistan cricket progress?

Every player has to fulfill their role, including Babar and Rizwan. Saim, Azam, and Iftikhar cannot blame others for their failures, just as Babar and Rizwan cannot blame others for their slow strike rates or failing to perform in crucial matches.

His supporters are annoying, but so are his haters. For one group, Babar can do no wrong, while for the other group, everything wrong is Babar’s fault.
The 80/5 was claimed by Babar not me.

As I said goal is for them being scapegoats irrespective of performances.

Shehzad jist isn't me me me, he's not making this interview to get back, he's understood it's Game over for him.

Again none of your responses have anything to do with my response. It just diverts the entire conversation.

Again Babar claimed he wishes to be anchorer only. Rizwan claimed he wants t20 Babar and rizzu combo back, Babar claimed saim needs to attack and go at 80/ 5, Babar has blamed his MO amd opener dozens of times.

^^ none of these are my claims, they are his for scapegoating

The 80/5 was claimed by Babar not me.

As I said goal is for them being scapegoats irrespective of performances.

Shehzad jist isn't me me me, he's not making this interview to get back, he's understood it's Game over for him.

Again none of your responses have anything to do with my response. It just diverts the entire conversation.

Again Babar claimed he wishes to be anchorer only. Rizwan claimed he wants t20 Babar and rizzu combo back, Babar claimed saim needs to attack and go at 80/ 5, Babar has blamed his MO amd opener dozens of times.

^^ none of these are my claims, they are his for scapegoating
Shahzad is sucking up to Naqvi to get back into the team. It’s very visible.

I replied to all those points which are relevant to the thread, you go off tangent a lot.i can’t cater to the theory that Babar is playing Saim despite his failures because he is scared that another opener might replace Saim which would replace rizwan then replace Babar.

I’m not talking about 80-5 game plan, I’m talking about getting out because of that. Of course when you make a team you think of particular roles in mind of every player that doesn’t mean that a player would start throwing his wicket away because of that. Saim got exposed due to poor shot selection. There is no 80/5 issue. Again, he isn’t getting out under 15 in most matches which exposes his poor technique.

Shahzad is sucking up to Naqvi to get back into the team. It’s very visible.

I replied to all those points which are relevant to the thread, you go off tangent a lot.i can’t cater to the theory that Babar is playing Saim despite his failures because he is scared that another opener might replace Saim which would replace rizwan then replace Babar.

I’m not talking about 80-5 game plan, I’m talking about getting out because of that. Of course when you make a team you think of particular roles in mind of every player that doesn’t mean that a player would start throwing his wicket away because of that. Saim got exposed due to poor shot selection. There is no 80/5 issue. Again, he isn’t getting out under 15 in most matches which exposes his poor technique.
Visible to you.

You don't have to cater to anything, I already told you why he's playing others, he's not scared, if saim plays well it'll take all jeat of his slw sr of him allowing him and rizwan to play however they want, if he fails then the opening combo cam get restored and zero heat.

It's not a difficult concept to understand. You're trying to have a different conversation and derail not me. No one talked about how one is getting out and how one isn't.

Why would UK spoil the PP? He either fails but if not he'll try his best to attack?

Even in his 36 of 26, he missed alot and was basically looking to get out every ball but he was trying his best to attack, he wasn't ducking or waiting for the arch like 43 year old chacha
I think best suited poistion for Usman to bat is 1 down where he is playing tonight lets soo how it goes for him, he is a kind of player who doesnt attack so using him in PP is just a waste of time.

This team deserves to be criticized heavily but surely the source matters, no? This idiot spent most of his career being a laughing stock...a supposedly 'aggressive player' who couldn't rotate the strike if his life depended on it. Does he seriously not see the irony in him criticizing them for not playing aggressive cricket? He was just about the most timid and mentally weak player that we wasted years on.

Some of these ex-cricketers need to introspect before making these ironic statements. The other day I read Salim Malik say that Imad Wasim deliberately wasted balls against India. Salim freakin' Malik lol.

What's next, Salman Butt giving sermons on being honest and truthful?

This team deserves to be criticized heavily but surely the source matters, no? This idiot spent most of his career being a laughing stock...a supposedly 'aggressive player' who couldn't rotate the strike if his life depended on it. Does he seriously not see the irony in him criticizing them for not playing aggressive cricket? He was just about the most timid and mentally weak player that we wasted years on.

Some of these ex-cricketers need to introspect before making these ironic statements. The other day I read Salim Malik say that Imad Wasim deliberately wasted balls against India. Salim freakin' Malik lol.

Thank you!

They all deserve to be criticized. What have their performances been over the last two years that they would shift the blame onto others? Obviously these are the guys who are not performing and need to be questioned.

I wouldn't say he was a laughing stock, he is certainly a better batter then azam, Chacha, Saim etc, and as a batsmen he isn't too far of rizwan in odi and t20. He's the first pakistani to hit a century in all 3 formats and he has had good innings such as the Bangladesh Asia cup chase.

His issue was his ego on live tv and the stubbornness of trying to be an all format player, he should have taken the azhar Ali route since shehzad was extremely good in test and made up the opening of when Pakistan was ranked no 1 in test.

He's medicore in whiteball which is where people tear him apart for lacking the ability to rotate strike and just throwing his wicket away.

I wouldn't say he was a laughing stock, he is certainly a better batter then azam, Chacha, Saim etc, and as a batsmen he isn't too far of rizwan in odi and t20. He's the first pakistani to hit a century in all 3 formats and he has had good innings such as the Bangladesh Asia cup chase.

His issue was his ego on live tv and the stubbornness of trying to be an all format player, he should have taken the azhar Ali route since shehzad was extremely good in test and made up the opening of when Pakistan was ranked no 1 in test.

He's medicore in whiteball which is where people tear him apart for lacking the ability to rotate strike and just throwing his wicket away.
Nah man he was awful. I followed his entire career pretty much. He had some moments where you thought that he could have become something. But there was never enough to show you that he was anything more than mediocre at best, garbage at worst. All his best innings came against minnows. There was some hope from him as a test batter but that effectively ended once he took a bouncer from Boult or Southee in UAE and was never the same again. Comparison to those players is not fair because they haven't been given 982829326 chances like Shehzad. Neither of them have a SR quite as shambolic as his either.

Nah man he was awful. I followed his entire career pretty much. He had some moments where you thought that he could have become something. But there was never enough to show you that he was anything more than mediocre at best, garbage at worst. All his best innings came against minnows. There was some hope from him as a test batter but that effectively ended once he took a bouncer from Boult or Southee in UAE and was never the same again. Comparison to those players is not fair because they haven't been given 982829326 chances like Shehzad. Neither of them have a SR quite as shambolic as his either.
Fair, was too young to remember most of shehzad, but based of what I saw, he's not any worse then the current crop. He is way way better then the likes of azam, Chacha, shadab, Nawaz, Shan masood and these other munafiqs.

Imam, Fakhar and Abdullah shafiq are miles superior to shehzad though

So basically what Ahmed Shahzad is trying to say is that Azam khan, Iftikhar, Saim, etc are not responsible for this humiliating campaign so far??

Azam and Iftikhar are the guys who should be blamed the most for such a horrendous and pathetic performance. Imad should have done better against India but overall his performance is okay, Amir also made a blunder in that super over, you would expect him to do better than that, but he has done a better job so far as well.

So basically what Ahmed Shahzad is trying to say is that Azam khan, Iftikhar, Saim, etc are not responsible for this humiliating campaign so far??

Azam and Iftikhar are the guys who should be blamed the most for such a horrendous and pathetic performance. Imad should have done better against India but overall his performance is okay, Amir also made a blunder in that super over, you would expect him to do better than that, but he has done a better job so far as well.
He's trying to say they've been scapegoats but tbf I think he's jumping into conspiracy now.

He's trying to say they've been scapegoats but tbf I think he's jumping into conspiracy now.
Why scapegoats? They have to take the blame because they were pathetic the whole time. If somebody blames azam, Iftikhar and Shadab, then I will surely be agreeing with them.

Why scapegoats? They have to take the blame because they were pathetic the whole time. If somebody blames azam, Iftikhar and Shadab, then I will surely be agreeing with them.
Scapegoats as in, they are their to make babar and rizwan look good.

Which Is why I think it's a little far fetched. Babar and rizwan are cowards who open and run away when the situation actually turns up, but I don't think they would go so far as to deliberately choose a crap team in a world cup just to gloat themselves and convince others why their needed.

Plus some selections like Azam are mostly due to moin Khan nepotism and not really babar's decision

Says the idiot who thinks there is a conspiracy against him to keep him out of PSL.

Got slapped across the face when the host gave him some of his stats in the UAE, since this fraud claimed his stats were bad because of playing so many games in the UAE.

Says the idiot who thinks there is a conspiracy against him to keep him out of PSL.

Got slapped across the face when the host gave him some of his stats in the UAE, since this fraud claimed his stats were bad because of playing so many games in the UAE.
Yeah shehzad is now going area 51 conspiracy mode now

I’m no fan of Shehzad, but we need to get out of this habit of shooting the messenger.

A lot of people are delusional about their own achievements true. However, they can still make statements that are true.

Fair, was too young to remember most of shehzad, but based of what I saw, he's not any worse then the current crop. He is way way better then the likes of azam, Chacha, shadab, Nawaz, Shan masood and these other munafiqs.

Imam, Fakhar and Abdullah shafiq are miles superior to shehzad though
I don't know about that. I still have PTSD of 25-5 and 16-4. Pakistan's batting during that era was much worse than it is today. And players like Ahmed Shahzad, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal etc. were a big reason why. The only thing that kept Pakistan in matches back then was the bowling of Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez.

I don't know about that. I still have PTSD of 25-5 and 16-4. Pakistan's batting during that era was much worse than it is today. And players like Ahmed Shahzad, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal etc. were a big reason why. The only thing that kept Pakistan in matches back then was the bowling of Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez.
Akmal didn't even come out brother. He batted at 6 and often times was partnering with misbah to recover because the no 7 was afridi who'd be a walking wicket.

Kamran akmal didn't even bat during this era, 2009-2011 was not a collapse season, that only happened from 2013 the moment misbah decided azhar, YK and alot of the people who were the sole reason that Pakistan cruised against india in that 2012 were not needed

These boys may have been ordinary but they were not abysmal(Not talking about 2015 YK) to the point that collapses occurred

2013 with Imran farhat, Nasir jamshed, Hafeez at opening is what would cause collapses otherwise in 2012 Pakistan scored one of the highest opening record stands against India ever in asia cup.

This is what happens when you fill your team at opening with sohaib maqsood imran farhat, shehzad, hafeez Jamshed, asad shafiq. Shehzad and hafeez are poor odi openers while the other 1-4 are walking wickets.

As I said, Shehzad should have kept his mouth shut and only been a test opener. Their was no need to compare himself to kohli and run his mouth on media and develop a poor attitude.

But shehzad still has centuries to his name against sides much stronger then Nepal, chacha, Azam, Shabad etc won't ever reach shehzad's level, those guys are the bottom of the barrel. Shehzad being poor doesn't change the fact that azam Khan is the bottom of the barrel.

As for openers like saim ayub and usman, they have done better in psl, in international, atm they haven't done anything to warrants them being better then shehzad, not even in t20 which wasn't even shehzad's format.

Shehzad is speaking nonsense for clickbait but Pak's biggest problem is the non performing lower middle order.

All of Shadab, Nawaz, Ifthikar, Imad, Azam, Asif Ali who have been given long runs have been significantly well below international class and exposed badly here.

RizBar strike rate is also a problem but that can be patched with more opportunities to aggressive players in top 4 to make up for the anchors' deficiencies.

For the middle order really its hard to think of a solution. Maybe just pick youngsters like Haris and give them an extended run of 15-20 games to try and develop them as cold hitters.

Its a fact that both babar and rizwan are not an ideal t20 batsman, but they are like andhon me kana raja. Firstly pakistan needs to kick out the real non performers like shadab, iftikhar, imad, azam, haris rauf etc. You need more genuine batsmans in middle order and once this issue is sorted out, both babar and rizwan will play more aggressively at the top. And once pakistan gets an ideal t20 opening pair, they can sideline both of them from t20 side.

Shehzad is speaking nonsense for clickbait but Pak's biggest problem is the non performing lower middle order.

All of Shadab, Nawaz, Ifthikar, Imad, Azam, Asif Ali who have been given long runs have been significantly well below international class and exposed badly here.

RizBar strike rate is also a problem but that can be patched with more opportunities to aggressive players in top 4 to make up for the anchors' deficiencies.

For the middle order really its hard to think of a solution. Maybe just pick youngsters like Haris and give them an extended run of 15-20 games to try and develop them as cold hitters.
I'm not sure why Pak is not learned anything from this. Bits and pieces has not worked out. It's still possible to fit in proper batsmen with technique at 5 and 6, then you can experiment with bits and pieces at 7.

I don't think this is rocket science but Pak thick tank make it as though they are trying to solve the Riemann hypothesis.

Back