Bangladesh (262 & 185/4) secure a historic Test win by 6 wickets against Pakistan (274 & 172) in the 2nd Test match to clean sweep the series 2-0

Who will win the 2nd Test match between Pakistan and Bangladesh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BD so lucky win toss and bowling here, Pakistan should have won the toss now draw probability increases further.

Pakistan v Bangladesh, day two of the second Test match at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.

The first ball of the match will be bowled at 09.45 am.

First session:9.45-12.00
Lunch: 12.00-12.40
Second session:12.40-14.55
Tea: 14.55-15.15
Third session: 15.15-17.15
Play can be extended by 30 minutes for the completion of overs.

Toss Update:

Bangladesh have won the toss and have opted to field

45TkfdC.png

F6m71Qx.png

Naseem also dropped. Very good decision but brave one. The pitch might help fast bowlers in the first session today and if they had bowled today they would have missed Naseen

Tashkin in soriful out..BD management must have drank too much after the 1st test win

Should have been tashkin in nahid out

Looks like another green top. Another hoax or is it one of those pitches where pacers might get full support on all days???

IVDHClP.jpeg

That delivery was a cracker of a delivery. Seam movement is much difficult to negotiate than swing.

Looks like another green top. Another hoax or is it one of those pitches where pacers might get full support on all days???

IVDHClP.jpeg
Sounds like Ramiz messed the pitches up so badly this new curator is basically rehabilitating things. One small step at a time before the pitch can become a functioning member of society once again.

Man we will certainly miss soriful here. Tashkin and shoriful would have been a great opening pair today

Why no spectators on ground even on weekend?

outfiled looks a bit quicker than the last game. Also a bit of bounce in the pitch.

Too many walking wickets in the team :Shafiq, Shan, Saim, Babar and Salman. Even Zimbabwe is better tahn this parchi team.

Well, people show up to watch even minnows in their home ground on weekends. I am suprised to see completely empty.
Test cricket is dead in Pakistan I suppose. They got decent crowds for OZ and England because people probably wanted to see world class players like Cummins, Starc and Stokes who dont play PSL.

Either that or people can't be bothered to spend 50 PKR with the inflation in PAK.

Well, people show up to watch even minnows in their home ground on weekends. I am suprised to see completely empty.
Why would anyone want to sit in the sun on concrete for hours on end? You’re basically torturing yourself physically by being there snd mentally by watching this team.

Why no spectators on ground even on weekend?
Pakistanis don’t wake up early. We are not a nation that wakes up early but I don’t expect the majority of PPers to know this considering the majority are overseas Pakistanis.

Expect the crowd to increase as the day progresses.

Why would anyone want to sit in the sun on concrete for hours on end? You’re basically torturing yourself physically by being there snd mentally by watching this team.
Yah, I forgot about heat and concrete situation in Pakistan.

Test cricket is dead in Pakistan I suppose. They got decent crowds for OZ and England because people probably wanted to see world class players like Cummins, Starc and Stokes who dont play PSL.

Either that or people can't be bothered to spend 50 PKR with the inflation in PAK.
This is true to some extent but also not. For instance, I was at the Pindi stadium when Australia toured and on all days I went, there was a very decent crowd - you’re welcome to open up the commentaries from that Test and see.

It is a combination of Pakistan playing poorly, playing Bangladesh, it being very hot/humid and this still being very early in the day by Pakistani standards. Even in the previous Test, the crowd improved as the day went on. Pakistanis generally wake up pretty late and stay up later. It’s the culture here.

Watching cricket in Pakistan is a cruel and unusual punishment. Sitting on concrete slabs in extreme heat watching this deadweight team get trounced. Zero fan experience.

No one should be subjected to that.

Bhahir Garmi hai ghalib.

Pakistanis don’t wake up early. We are not a nation that wakes up early but I don’t expect the majority of PPers to know this considering the majority are overseas Pakistanis.

Expect the crowd to increase as the day progresses.
Hopefully some crowd comes in later.

How does this Abdullah guy always escapes criticism and flies beneath the radar?

He looks like a Walmart version of KL Rahul with his persona and sheer mental midgetry on most occasions. Remember him dropping absolute sitters in Australia which proved costly for Pak.

Huge gap between bat and pad and committed to the shot so early that only slight movement would have had him.
Mr. Fake technique should make way for Hurraira
He has solid technique, but as I stated in my technical issues post, he gets caught napping and just can't read deliveries.

It's a solid defense but what's the point when the bat is miles and miles away from the ball. It went straight through.

This dude has the concentration of a blind man

He has solid technique, but as I stated in my technical issues post, he gets caught napping and just can't read deliveries.

It's a solid defense but what's the point when the bat is miles and miles away from the ball. It went straight through.

This dude has the concentration of a blind man
I don’t mean to be rude but I believe Shafique’s cognitive ability isn’t up to par. There are several observations I have made after not only watching him play but also listening to him speak and his body language.

India mein bhi garmi hota hai chhote bhai. Doesn't mean we get 0 crowds even if BD is playing :inti

That said PCB scheduling is beyond pathetic.
Jokes aside, India is 1.3B population, so people showing up vs people not showing up in pakistan is a huge huge difference.

Pindi isn't even the most populated area in pakistan. Karachi and lahore are far more populated to top it off this 220M population nation is massively divided in areas where cricket isn't even played like sindh etc etc, it's basically just a punjab marathon.

I agree test cricket is dying in pakistan when it comes as a team, but spectator interest is not dying lol, this is where you're wrong. If spectator interest was dead then their wouldn't be a massive uproar on media for losing to Bangladesh. It would have been swept under the rug like SA playing or losing a series in test and not a single member of their population gives a kahoot anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
India mein bhi garmi hota hai chhote bhai. Doesn't mean we get 0 crowds even if BD is playing :inti

That said PCB scheduling is beyond pathetic.
Indian's cricket love is extra ordinary. I had couple indian friends who used to see every match. Doesn't matter who was playing. I also love cricket but when BD is not playing I don't get that much interest nowadays

I don’t mean to be rude but I believe Shafique’s cognitive ability isn’t up to par. There are several observations I have made after not only watching him play but also listening to him speak and his body language.
He has no cognitive ability period. By technique I mean he's clearly practised hand grip, footwork etc but his hand eye coordination and his ability to read the ball once it's realesed from the bowlers grip is next to non existent.

He's also clueless on what strokes to play half the time and his attitude is that of shan's. All talk and attitude but a scared chicken on the field.

Shan bhai staying positive even though his form is poor. Good from him and unlike other Pak batsmen

Jee jee, Air conditioning kei paisei aap dei gei angel investor sahib?

Jokes aside, India is 1.3B population, so people showing up vs people not showing up in pakistan is a huge huge difference.

Pindi isn't even the most populated area in pakistan. Karachi and lahore are far more populated to top it off this 220M population nation is massively divided in areas where cricket isn't even played like sindh etc etc, it's basically just a punjab marathon.

I agree test cricket is dying in pakistan when it comes as a team, but spectator interest is not dying lol, this is where you're wrong. If spectator interest was dead then their wouldn't be a massive uproar on media for losing to Bangladesh. It would have been swept under the rug like SA playing or losing a series in test and not a single member of their population gives a kahoot anymore
Fair enough. But folks didn't turn up for previous match either until they made it free of cost on day 4 and day 5.

Jee jee, Air conditioning kei paisei aap dei gei angel investor sahib?

The population of Rawalpindi is more than 2 million. If 10k can’t come to the stadium, it’s not an issue of demographics. You can blame it on anything except demographics.

Btw, at 220-million, Pakistan is a huge country, population wise. In fact, Pakistan is the 5th largest country in the world by population.

The population of Rawalpindi is more than 2 million. If 10k can’t come to the stadium, it’s not an issue of demographics. You can blame it on anything except demographics.

Btw, at 220-million, Pakistan is a huge country, population wise. In fact, Pakistan is the 5th largest country in the world by population.
I'm blaming it on heat. Pindi otherwise is the most active crowd.

And ik pakistan population lol, it's going to surpass usa in 2046 and will reach 406M.

Saim Ayub quit similar to pant. not find feet in t20 pant excellent in test. ayub looks settled in longer format

Could not get a chance to play a game but Sarfaraz polishing his singing and guitar skills in the dugout.

Yeah they are. Our record of winning a test than getting beaten mercilessly looks like will remain intact
Bangladesh missing shoriful but this is another flat deck with grass on. It will stay flat and high chances of a draw

Back