Bangladesh [330/6] beat South Africa [309/8] by 21 runs in the group stage of the 2019 World Cup

If South Africa had produced a few Van der Dussen’s before, they would have won a World Cup by now.

He absorbs pressure like a sponge and should play all three formats.

This is the time their nerves freeze and can't impart any power to the ball. They should focus on defending totals with this batting line up.

In 2009, Ian Chappell earmarked Duminy as the next leading batsman in the world after Ponting.

He just won the Perth test for South Africa.. maybe Ian got carried away.. and Duminy really never fulfilled the promise after that

If South Africa had produced a few Van der Dussen’s before, they would have won a World Cup by now.

He absorbs pressure like a sponge and should play all three formats.

Klusner lost an easy match for S Africa.

Bangladesh should win from here. Unlikely that SA will qualify for the semis. Don't see them beating India.

Lol calm and composed they said I said he’s crap outside of South Africa and this bowler is not that much of TRUNDLER he’s always on target and has an amazing Yorker

Sad.

Time for Phehlukwayo to rekindle memories of a certain South African all-rounder from the English summer of 1999.

Lol calm and composed they said I said he’s crap outside of South Africa and this bowler is not that much of TRUNDLER he’s always on target and has an amazing Yorker

He's played two ODIs outside of SA and scored a 50 and 41...

J. Malan is a serious talent. He should have been in the World Cup squad.

Match's turning point was Miller's wicket. He always chokes in these kind of matches.

S Africa should work on their psychology more than their skill. Even India with inferior players got 2 World Cups.

Saifuddin is more dangerous than he appears. There is a reason why he is playing ahead of Taskin and Rubel.

What a brilliant over from Saif.

even though SA is my 2nd favorite team (NZ also), since Amla not playing today happy to see BD winning today...

Bangladesh won't be underestimated by any opposition now. They will need to step up their game even more.

Jeez you’ve moved away from Van Dussen already l

Lol mamoon and hypocrisy it’s funny he starts rating players and teams after they perform against a minnow Pakistani side but when the same Pakistani side performs against those teams he calls those team minnows like recently West Indies beat Pakistan the other day and apparently he’s rooting for them now

Andile P...yo is the most useful ARs that somehow gets the job done both with bat and ball without even showing any real winner vibe.

Even the mentally strong south africans are chokers.
Sad to see

They were never mentally strong to begin with. Even tailender Gul smashed their bowlers and snatch the victory. They are not made for it.

They should leave 60 for the last 5 overs. Lack of strike rotation is one reason why they are in this situation. All went when they played shots

South Africa need Lance Klusener type of batsman. man what a player he was especially in last overs.

Lol mamoon and hypocrisy it’s funny he starts rating players and teams after they perform against a minnow Pakistani side but when the same Pakistani side performs against those teams he calls those team minnows like recently West Indies beat Pakistan the other day and apparently he’s rooting for them now

I have liked VD Dussen for who he is, not for what he did against Pakistan. He has the temperament to score against any team.

I’ve been rooting for WI for a while too. Holder is an inspirational leader.

93 in 54 !! They need two gigantic overs like 20 runs . They have to pick the right bowler and target

He is a top player, but he can’t do it alone. It was a rare error of judgment rather than a choke.
He played a cross batted slog more suited to SA conditions where ball bounces a lot more.
The best batsmen are those who adapt to different conditions. He doesnt have much experience outside SA as far as i know

All said and done first good match. SA vs England was good in patches. This one is good from start to finish.

Broad got smashed for 6 sixes.... Is he a nothing bowler too?

McGrath got smashed for 6 fours.

Those performances were an anomaly for those players.
Shame on you for comparing this nothing bowler to those ATGs

This choke tag is seriously annoying. Must be 20 years old now, people need to move on.

I've written off most "choker" posters for their ignorance in proclaiming everything as a choke. It's clear they have no idea what they're talking about.

Back