Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

Just tuned in after two fours. I listened to Athar Ali khan's "artificial" excitement. Had to turn it off.

Yeah, but he would probably trouble Bangladesh is my point.
We if prepare such pitches vs England, we are doomed.
We are doomed anyway against England.

Only way we are ever catching up to England is to have a genuine leader like Eoin Morgan who ushered a new era.

Morgan is probs the most underrated captain of all time since he never gets mentioned in the veins of waugh or Dhoni, But I don't think people realise how much of a mess England use to be in.

They had the same issue as Pakistan, Lots of money but no idea how to use it. England were only interested in test but clueless in whiteball.

Granted pakistan's issue is worse, as Morgan only had to be a leader and change the attitude.

Pakistan on the other hand has managerial problems as well such as crapola pitches that are 20 years behind which isn't a captains duty its the duty of PCB to fix as well as an outdated domestic structure that is nowhere near as refined as county cricket.

Must admit Liton has some flair and is really good to watch in this form

Naseem shah with his height cannot bounce people out. He has to dig it in very very short which will be useless.

Whose great idea was it to bring back Naseem for the final over and end the day on such a demoralising note.

I think Pakistan made a blunder by taking the new ball. New ball comes off to bat nicely and makes run-scoring easier.

What is the actual height of Naseem shah? It says 5'10". But he doesn't look that tall.
Since when is 5'10 tall? That's just above avg height for a male worldwide? And for Developed countries like England its extremly short.

I'm taller then naseem lol?

I cannot help but notice so far the SR and intensity at which Bangladeshi Batsmen are playing vs Pakistan apart from the freak innings which SSA played.

Bangladesh are less than 140 runs behind and in relatively quick time compared to Pakistan's rate of scoring.

I cannot help but notice so far the SR and intensity at which Bangladeshi Batsmen are playing vs Pakistan apart from the freak innings which SSA played.

Bangladesh are less than 140 runs behind and in relatively quick time compared to Pakistan's rate of scoring.
Keeping in mind majority of the 90 overs they've played so far, they were going at under 3 an over.

BD - 309/5 (90 overs).

Trailing by 139 runs.

Both Litton and Mushfiqur have reached their fifties.

When spineless person like Naqvi is a chairman we can't expect anything better. Both Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen needed to be banned for creating groups but they all stays and still may be doing same thing.

Looking like another draw as usual on Pakistani soil.

Only England have the mentality to force results consistently on these pathetic roads. Don't know what PCB is actually aiming for with these.

So where are the posts on X that claimed that this was a green pitch?

It's the same pitch like last time? The rain made the initial overs intresting lol

Honestly feel bad for the few genuine Test Cricket fanatics in Pakistan who have been served up with some utter dross for the past two or three years on home soil.

Australia is going to cremate pakistan in Melbourne in Nov, What was even the point of this pitch?

My mind kept telling me that pakistan was maybe creating grassy and seaming pitches to practise the uneven bounce in Melbourne?

This will be a massacre?

Will this remain flat or turn into a minefield when Pakistan comes to bat trailing by 100 ? 16/3 happened on the same pitch here..

Looking like another draw as usual on Pakistani soil.

Only England have the mentality to force results consistently on these pathetic roads. Don't know what PCB is actually aiming for with these.
Raza was just trying to boost Babar's stats. That's the impression I got earlier , but Raza is gone now. Pakistan should produce pitches with some assistance to bowlers. BD may implode even from here but pitch is a highway.

Australia is going to cremate pakistan in Melbourne in Nov, What was even the point of this pitch?

My mind kept telling me that pakistan was maybe creating grassy and seaming pitches to practise the uneven bounce in Melbourne?

This will be a massacre?
Are Pak touring Aus again? Hope border force don’t let these losers in

Bangladesh tour of Pakistan 2024-25 (1st Test)

Stumps (day 3) at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Bangladesh: 316-5 (92 ov)

Pakistan: 448-6 dec (113 ov)

Bangladesh trail by 132 runs

This will be a massacre?
Australia are playing ODIs against Pakistan, not Tests.

Shan: We will honor Arshad Nadeem by Drawing against Bangladesh, getting bazzballed by England and walk to Melbourne for a spanking 🤡
England’s cricket Test tour of Pakistan at risk of television blackout

Nobody wants to watch dead pitches and Pak batting at 2 an over while their bowlers going at 5 an over.

Australia are playing ODIs against Pakistan, not Tests.
I'm aware, But it doesn't matter.

Pakistan is clueless in Australia. It's the one pitch where even their Best batters (excluding Izaj Ahmed) are clueless.

I was going to initially make a thread titled as

" Are Pakistan preparing seaming pitches to prepare for uneven bounce in Australia that has troubled them in the past"

But then a thought occurred to me that it's all a facade so I didn't make the thread.

And I was right, Seaming swinging pitch that aides seamers my foot.

This is a 550-600 pitch, you declare at 300,400 you risk trailing by 100-150 runs against a team batting second who won't declare. Early declaration doesn't mean opposition wickets will start falling, you infact give the chance to the opposition by not batting them out of the contest..

Wait...

So Pakistan are preparing for an ODI in Melbourne by creating a road at home for a test match against Bangladesh? What are you smoking bruh?

Management should've asked for a complete Green pitch. One that would produce result in 2 days

England’s cricket Test tour of Pakistan at risk of television blackout

Nobody wants to watch dead pitches and Pak batting at 2 an over while their bowlers going at 5 an over.
England will probs bundle Pakistan out easily even on a road.

Rizwan can't play moeen Ali. Moeen has figured rizzu out and is defo his biggest weakness. Shan and Abdullah can't handle Mark wood pace, Abdullah had shown multiple times throughout the cup that anything > 145 troubles him and he's gotten caught napping and gets lbw multiple times.

Shan is even worse at reading anything > 145 click.

Babar has garbo form but he might perform as the lack of spin might aid him but we'll see. Saud and Agha can perform though, But if the pitch was curated properly then saud would be a walking wicket to wood and Agha is good but he can't read rashid

I'm aware, But it doesn't matter.

Pakistan is clueless in Australia. It's the one pitch where even their Best batters (excluding Izaj Ahmed) are clueless.

I was going to initially make a thread titled as

" Are Pakistan preparing seaming pitches to prepare for uneven bounce in Australia that has troubled them in the past"

But then a thought occurred to me that it's all a facade so I didn't make the thread.

And I was right, Seaming swinging pitch that aides seamers my foot.
It's the bounce. Pakistan has the lowest bouncing pitches . Whereas Australian pitches bounce the highest.

Neither PAK batters nor bowlers can adjust to the bounce over there. It's just too steep a transition.

So it took less than 24 hours to put Rizwan’s ‘world class innings’ into context with Bangladesh finding it so easy to bat on this against a much better bowling attack faced by Rizwan?

Can someone please tell me if it’s actually difficult and expensive to prepare better pitches or is the PCB producing these highways on purpose?

Are pak “bowlers” intney gaye guzrey ve they can’t reverse the ball a millimetre

England will probs bundle Pakistan out easily even on a road.

Rizwan can't play moeen Ali. Moeen has figured rizzu out and is defo his biggest weakness. Shan and Abdullah can't handle Mark wood pace, Abdullah had shown multiple times throughout the cup that anything > 145 troubles him and he's gotten caught napping and gets lbw multiple times.

Shan is even worse at reading anything > 145 click.

Babar has garbo form but he might perform as the lack of spin might aid him but we'll see. Saud and Agha can perform though, But if the pitch was curated properly then saud would be a walking wicket to wood and Agha is good but he can't read rashid
Moeen isn't coming.

Last time it was Rehan who was made an overnight star by Pakistan this time it'll be Shoaib Bashir.

They'll play Atkinson and Wood along with Bashir and Hartley/Rehan.

Can someone please tell me if it’s actually difficult and expensive to prepare better pitches or is the PCB producing these highways on purpose?
Previous PCB admin is on record for intentionally putting roads to avoid losses. I don't know about current admin.

Pitch preparation should be a much smaller when compared to other expenses.

Pakistan should do something about their pitches.

On flat pitches, Pakistan are unlikely to defeat Australia, England, South Africa, and NZ.

2022 series vs England. Ollie, Jimmy and Wood comfortably got more reverse swing than PAK bowlers.

PAK didn't lose that series because of Bazball. They lost to a superior seam attack

Same English attack came to India and Siraj/Bumrah outreversed them.
Sarfraz Nawaz Imran khan would be turning in the cell beds. The USA defeat has finished them off mentally

Mominul Haque in the media talk after Day 3:

"As a senior player, I shouldn't get out after scoring a fifty. I should have carried on. After playing so many Tests, I shouldn't be getting out like that."

Bangladesh have posted their second highest total in Pakistan in Tests

361 all out - Peshawar, 2003
316/5* - Rawalpindi, 2024
288 all out - Karachi, 2003
281 all out - Multan, 2003
274 all out - Karachi, 2003

Bangladesh have posted their second highest total in Pakistan in Tests

361 all out - Peshawar, 2003
316/5* - Rawalpindi, 2024
288 all out - Karachi, 2003
281 all out - Multan, 2003
274 all out - Karachi, 2003

I remember that 2003 series. 3rd Test was very close (Pakistan won by 1 wicket).

Anyway, Bangladesh are looking good to go past 361.

Back