Bangladesh (565 & 30/0) secure a historic Test win by 10 wickets against Pakistan (448/6d & 146) in the 1st Test match and lead the 2-match series 1-0

Pakistan's last five 200+ Test stands have taken place at home, with four of them in Rawalpindi alone

4yLULXn.jpg

Rizwan on charge, now third-highest score by a Pakistan wicket-keeper

210* by Taslim Arif (1980)
209 by Imtiaz Ahmed (1955)
161* by Mohammad Rizwan
158* by Kamran Akmal (2009)
154 by Kamran Akmal (2005)
150 by Rashid Latif (2002)

Last edited:

161* by Mohammad Rizwan

Rizwan has the opportunity to go past Taslim Arif. He is 43 runs away.

But, will Pakistan declare before that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan - 443/6 (111.4 overs).

Six from Shaheen. He is playing a cameo (25* off 18 balls).

Why is Imam not playing? I think he is a good option for Test.

I think openers should be Imam and Abdullah/Saim.

161* by Mohammad Rizwan
Where is my boy Saifi?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Imam not playing? I think he is a good option for Test.

I think openers should be Imam and Abdullah/Saim.
Hurraira as Imam struggles to convert.

Same at the moment can be said about Abdullah too but he's not played as many tests as Imam.

They may only get a handful of overs. Almost time for Stumps.

BD would do well to not lose any wicket.

How many overs will Bangladesh face today .

If more than 15 than they can lose 3-4 wickets

Good declaration. Declaring now gives the pacers a nice crack at the Bangladesh batters before stumps. 448 is a good first innings score. Rizwan seemed to be struggling so I didn't see any need to keep him out there much longer for a personal milestone, which in my opinion is meaningless anyway if it doesn't contribute to the team winning.

Bangladesh tour of Pakistan 2024-25 (1st Test)

Innings break (day 2) at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi

Pakistan: 448-6 dec (113 ov)

I think Pakistan should've declared much earlier. They should've sent in Shaheen before Agha for acceleration.

I think Bangladeshi bowlers also appreciated that Pakistan declared. LOL. BD bowlers had to toil hard (bowled for 2 days).

Pak cricket is hanging by a thread that is Rizwan’s runs in all formats & Shaheens first over where the nation holds it breath for some in swing. That’s why likes of Ireland USA lick there lips when facing Pak

Where on earth are spinners in the country & don’t call shadab a spinner.

Pak cricket is hanging by a thread that is Rizwan’s runs in all formats & Shaheens first over where the nation holds it breath for some in swing.

Where on earth are spinners in the country & don’t call shadab a spinner.

Why no Abrar? Abrar should've played here.

If Bangladesh manage to score 400 here then Pakistan will be under big pressure in the next innings, this pitch is still good to bat.

Why is that bro its always a mystry same bangladesh can beat nz in nz test match but can never seem to win vs pak no matter what happen?
Match ups don't work seemingly. Rawalpindi is a thankless surface for bowlers. Having said that BD batting will implode here.

Who is BD representative in commentary box? Is Athar still there? If so how is he feeling.

Why? It hasn't been too bad for BD. I mean BD have seen worse. LOL.

It is only Day 2. There are 3 days of play left. It seems like you are too used to with fast and junk cricket like IPL.

Give him the captaincy hel bowl the perfect line & length.. as still sulking
What's he done to get it so far?

He's struggled since his injuries and hasn't been same yet.

Give him a year or 2 and we can see if he wants or deserves it.

Seems like all the commies saying that Pak got their selection wrong and that Abrar should've been playing here.

26 out of 30 times BD has lost when the opposition scored 400 or above in the first innings of a test. 4 times draw. 3 poper draws way back in 2013. Since then any time an opposition scores a 400 in 1st dig BD is certain to lose. Let us see if Pakistan can maintain that streak.

So far so good for BD. Didn't lose a wicket. Almost time for Stumps.

19/0 (8 overs).

I would've played him. Simply because he's too good of a spinner to leave out. His record in domestic matches on the green Pindi pitch has also been phenomenal.
I would've played him too and knowing that this wicket isn't what they're making out to be.

Unless the ripped dugged up the whole pitch from grounds below and made it fresh then it's different.

loll sarfaraz has to keep
missed his chippiness behind the stumps

Sarfaraz Ahmed is on the field now as he replaces Mohammad Rizwan as a Keeper

gMtQed3.jpg

Any reverse on offer with old ball? Did Bangladesh get anything with old ball? Back in the 2000s pitch would be flat for all 5 days here.

Again a pathetic dead wicket
Did they think leaving grass will turn it into a headingley , August sun has baked the wicket .
And they never even selected a proper spinner .

Always suspected pitch was dead if likes of saud shakeel cashed in.

Saw him in Australia absolutely dreadful

Because they fear spin and bengali spinners they left the grass on.
Pathetic mindset

Back