Bangladesh U19s v Pakistan U19s | ODI | Pallekele | 29/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan made 211 all out in 49.4 overs.

Bangladesh are currently 94 for 4, in 28 overs.

Bang U19 143/8
We should be able to beat Bangladesh from here as we have good enough spinners to finish it off.

We don't often see Pakistan lineup packed with spinners but this U19 team is an exception. There are only two frontline fast bowlers and one of them(Sarmad Bhatti) is more of an all rounder so i am not sure how good a fast bowler he is. It may be a bad sign but on the positive side, we have spinners like Usman Qadir, Raza Hasan and Shahzaib Ahmed so we are playing 3 frontline spinners.

Batting lineup is also full of all rounders like Sarmad, Hammad, Shazaib, Muzammil and Usman Qadir can bat as well.

Pak U19 has defeated Bang U19 by 68 runs
Good bowling by all the bowlers and good batting by Babar Azam who will probably be our star batsman alongwith Ghumman.

Last edited:
143 all out Bangladesh.
I thought they might of put a bigger fight up but oh well.

Well played Pakistan!

isnt ahmed shehzad back in the under 19 team??? he is in the squad for under 19 WC

I thought this Bangladesh line-up were world beaters, they collapsed rather meekly in this match.

Spin seems to be the strength with this line-up rather than pace, unlike the last two world cup campaigns.

Poison said:
:)) Where is Equinox now?
I'm right here. Well played Pakistan! Although I still can't figure out why the management did not pick Shaker Ahmed and Nur Hossain (the best spinners in the team) and played 4 pacers, the match is being played on a Sri Lankan pitch not in New Zealand! But oh well the series has just started.

Oh and I don't think you conveyed my message of watching out for Abul Hasan to Azeem Ghumman lol

"Talk is cheap especially with you. Check the recent results between the two teams and the form of the two teams. I will not waste my time anymore as we have a tri-series coming up pretty soon and you will get to see what Bangladesh does to your team."

Posted by Equinox 28th October 2009.

:)))

That Abul guy did wreck us though....

Seems like he'll be the next youngster in BD squad

' Bangladesh medium-pacer Abul Hasan leaked 50 runs in his six overs, but polished off the tail to finish with five wickets. '

Poison said:
' Bangladesh medium-pacer Abul Hasan leaked 50 runs in his six overs, but polished off the tail to finish with five wickets. '
Hmm I didn't know Pakistan considers its no. 2, 6 and 7s as tail-enders...

amarmak said:
That Abul guy did wreck us though....

Seems like he'll be the next youngster in BD squad
Hopefully not. He is only 16 and we don't want to make him another Dollar Mahmud or Rubel Hossain by bringing him into Intl. cricket too early.

What an absolute destruction.

We butchered them. Good to see.

Let's keep this up.

Equinox said:
Hopefully not. He is only 16 and we don't want to make him another Dollar Mahmud or Rubel Hossain by bringing him into Intl. cricket too early.

Rubel Hossain is excellent propect usually he gives away runs but i love his pace most of the time he is 140 + which is good sign .

Dollar Mahmud is not that much good but he can improve .

in next 2 to 3 years of time Abdul razzak place will be in danger because the emergence of sarmad bhatti.

Did Ahmed Shehzad play? I read somewhere that he was going to represent Pak U19 before and in WC next year.

I believe it's Ahmed Shehzad, not SHahzaib Ahmed that played because Shahzaib isn't even in the squad.

Equinox said:
Hmm I didn't know Pakistan considers its no. 2, 6 and 7s as tail-enders...

In fairness, after our recent test we consider all our batsmen as tailenders :p

So Equinox what happen to your big expectation from small bangladesh team hahaha i told you pakistan are best at U-19 level. where is ur abul hassan heheh 5/50 and still your team loseess. hehehe

Well done Pak U19 :)

BTW who is Muzammil Nizam ?(a batsman batting at no.8 and also not even a part time bowler) seems like a parchi player we should have played little lara instead.

dblock said:
Just from the scorecard?

Nope just did a player oracle from PCB site from 2007 to 2009 he played 38 matches 37 inns scored 983 runs at 34 avg and have picked up 81 wkts at 19 per piece (the matches include both 2 days and onedayers)

kamranO said:
So Equinox what happen to your big expectation from small bangladesh team hahaha i told you pakistan are best at U-19 level. where is ur abul hassan heheh 5/50 and still your team loseess. hehehe
Easy bro easy. The series has just begun. For your benefit I would like you to take a look at this: http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/series/318651.html
Bangladesh U19s tour of Pakistan, Pakistan won the first two matches and then Bangladesh came back by winning 3 matches in a row and claiming the series 3-2 on Pakistani soil. Inshallah the same will happen again (except this time in Sri Lanka).

Bhatti and Usman Qadir seem like good prospects. Best wishes to them.

Last edited:
muhammad saad said:
Well done Pak U19 :)

BTW who is Muzammil Nizam ?(a batsman batting at no.8 and also not even a part time bowler) seems like a parchi player we should have played little lara instead.

Kyon bechare ko parchi bol rahe ho bacha hi to hai :) How can we know for sure... Leave it, and support him unless you have a reasonable claim.

By the way, why is Mohammad Rameez not in the squad? :) He has done very, very well in QEA Trophy?

Last edited:
anakwalajinn said:
Kyon bechare ko parchi bol rahe ho bacha hi to hai :) How can we know for sure... Leave it, and support him unless you have a reasonable claim.

By the way, why is Mohammad Rameez not in the squad? :) He has done very, very well in QEA Trophy?

Well it can only happen in Kenya where a genuine batsman batting at no.8.

Equinox said:
Easy bro easy. The series has just begun. For your benefit I would like you to take a look at this: http://www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/series/318651.html
Bangladesh U19s tour of Pakistan, Pakistan won the first two matches and then Bangladesh came back by winning 3 matches in a row and claiming the series 3-2 on Pakistani soil. Inshallah the same will happen again (except this time in Sri Lanka).

Bhatti and Usman Qadir seem like good prospects. Best wishes to them.

what can i say to you bro see the scorecards that was 07-08. and this pak team is different.Inshallah bangla will be crushed severely this time by Allah wills. and beware of Abdul Ameer one in making like M.Amir. he didn't play the match also So ready for bangla carnage hehehe

muhammad saad said:
Well it can only happen in Kenya where a genuine batsman batting at no.8.

There might be an explanation for that. No need to call everybody a parchi. It's like me calling you a parchi, does that make sence?

muhammad saad said:
Sarmad Bhatti looks real deal.

I have been saying this for a while that he is going to be a very good all rounder based on stats so far but it's too early to say if he is the "REAL DEAL". We should wait till U19 WC to see how good he really is but he does seem to be a talented all rounder.

Hm... It says

Current age 19 years 284 days?

So the rule is players who are under the age of 19 and 0 days?

anakwalajinn said:
Hm... It says

Current age 19 years 284 days?

So the rule is players who are under the age of 19 and 0 days?
What does under 19 mean to you? To me, it means player under the age of 19. It's not 19 and under. It's under 19!!

Inswinger said:
What does under 19 mean to you? To me, it means player under the age of 19. It's not 19 and under. It's under 19!!

Take a chill pill dude, it is not the end of the world.

In some sports there are special rules regarding player ages, like some U23 football tournaments, you can have 3 players at the age of maximum 26. And another rule is that the player has to be born in this and that year, so the age does not count. There are still 18 year old players who are born in the same age as Mohammad Rameez (1990).

Anywaym thanks for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back