Bangladesh v Pakistan | 1st Match Tri Series | Mirpur | Pak Innings | 08/06/08

Status
Not open for further replies.
what time is it in uk starting? and zee cinema will show it

2.16 pm: Bad news : We got more rain, the heaviest rain of the day so far, and because of this shower, the start on time can be kissed good bye. Howeve, in case there is no play today, there is a reserve day tomorrow.

Hi there. Welcome to the tri series in Bangladesh. It's pretty overcast out there at Mirpur and the covers are covering 75% of the field. It's not raining at the moment but there was a sharp short shower a short while back.

George Binoy, our man at the ground, pings us with some bad news: "Dark clouds hover over the ground like the alien space ships of Independence Day." Hmm...

I hope its just another passing shower.. We might get a 30-30.. Or atleast i hope so ...

Mike Bassett said:
match starts at 10am in the uk and setanta are showing the game
Zee are showing it in the UK.

Play is supposed to start in just over half an hour - weather permitting

CI says punctuality not possible...looking for a one hour delay max.

hope we see at least a 40-40. the shower was short.

What a pity, i already knew it, but i still didnt go to work.

I really hope it was worth!

Please keep us updated about the weather

Covers are still on. Its not raining though.

The groundstaff are working on the outfield, as the Pak team chat away in the dressing room.

Why dont they announce the teams so that we can ramble about the selection while we wait for the game to start?

the true passionist said:
Why dont they announce the teams so that we can ramble about the selection while we wait for the game to start?
They can only go out there for the toss when they're ready to start the game.

2.58 pm: Intermittent rain. Nothing to do but wait. We will give more updates in a hour's time.

I think Maliks timid captaincy is gonna cause us this match - like why cant Pak team play with umbrellas?

after watching 2 months of IPL....i am not sure how i will last 8 hours for a cricket match...

but with all this rain...there is hope this will turn into another 20/20....yayyy

Update 14:55 LOCAL: The drizzle has stopped again but we still haven't seen the groundsmen removing any of the covers. The conditions are a lot brighter now and with this ground having one of the best drainage facilities in the world, we can hope for better things to happen soon.
Update 14:45 LOCAL: The covers are coming back again. Perhaps, the groundsmen are expecting another short burst of drizzle. A little bit of respite for all those optimists, it's a touch brighter now here at Mirpur, the cloud cover has just moved away but the forecast is something which would certainly worry many.
Update 14:40 LOCAL: Good news finally. The rain has stopped at the moment and the covers are being taken off slowly. The weather though still remains overcast and gloomy.
Well for those of you who don't know, there's a reserve day in place if rain washes out today's game. We can replay this game tomorrow. However, the drainage is spectacular at this venue. Almost 75-80% of this ground is under the covers.
Update 14:22 LOCAL: It's still drizzling here at Mirpur and the covers stay where they were sometime back. The supersoppers are working in full flow at the moment. You will have to wait for the pitch report and toss to happen.
Update 14:15 LOCAL: Not the best of news to start off this tournament and this was pretty expected and comes as no surprise really. We had heavy downfall this morning and that has forced the covers to stay on longer than they actually do. The conditions here at Mirpur is very very overcast and ominous dark clouds are hovering right over the stadium. We are still awaiting an official word from the umpires so as to when would they inspect the present conditions. Stay right there...

Bangladesh is sinking every year and we are worried about cricket match being effected by rain ?

btw, is this is the monsoon season out there ?

looks like covers are comming off!

at least the one on the wicket has been taken off

MIG said:
Bangladesh is sinking every year and we are worried about cricket match being effected by rain ?

btw, is this is the monsoon season out there ?

Yes, Monsoon has just started in Bangladesh. It might really be a wet tournament.

the true passionist said:
Yes, Monsoon has just started in Bangladesh. It might really be a wet tournament.

Which genius thought it would be a good idea to have this tournament during the monsoon season?

Definetly game on, one side of the out fields covers have now been pulled off.

Salman said:
Definetly game on, one side of the out fields covers have now been pulled off.

seems ur channel is showing it live even when they arent playing?

lollol said:
seems ur channel is showing it live even when they arent playing?

I'm watching on Willow TV, they always broadcast the extra footage live.

right now grounds men are putting in the wickets.

Waqar Younis is on Neo Sports!
Covers coming off.
Sun has come out.
Players warming up.

All Good Signs!!!

For real? WOW! I was just about to go to sleep.

But the bad news is that Sopcast is out of links and none are working. Tell me if yall get can get anything.

Is there more rain coming up though?

45-45 at this point I believe?

Salman said:
I'm watching on Williw TV, they always broadcast the extra footage.

right now grounds men are putting in the wickets.
Yeah. Willow TV is the wa to go for this series if you live in the US. 10 bucks and excellent quality. WHich source are you using? Directv or Neo? If your on Directv then swithc to the Neo sorce (source 3) cause Waqar is on.

some bangladeshi presenter is about the speak soon and is physicing himself up looking i nto the camera... good sign indeed

Update: Some good news. The players are out warming up and the sun's out as well. No updates yet on the start of play. Some of the covers are still on.

Inswinger said:
Yeah. Willow TV is the wa to go for this series if you live in the US. 10 bucks and excellent quality. WHich source are you using? Directv or Neo? If your on Directv then swithc to the Neo sorce (source 3) cause Waqar is on.

souce one Direct TV... i'll switch now :19:

iZeeshan said:
For real? WOW! I was just about to go to sleep.

But the bad news is that Sopcast is out of links and none are working. Tell me if yall get can get anything.

Is there more rain coming up though?

45-45 at this point I believe?
ATM I would thin it will be a 50-50 cause only 1 hour was lost so far.
Good news- Covers are coming off
Bad news- Clouds are still hanging around

put it on source 1, it's hillarious, he testing out his lines.

My dad cheaped out on me for a link. And to think, its only 10 bucks!

Please keep me updated with scores, and if a link can be given, of course.

iZeeshan said:
My dad cheaped out on me for a link. And to think, its only 10 bucks!

Please keep me updated with scores, and if a link can be given, of course.
LOL
I had to ask my dad to since I dont have a credit card yet. But 10 bucks for 4 matches is worth it.

Update-
Toss at 4:30 Bangladesh time (20 mins from now)
Play will start at 5:00 Bangladesh time (50 mins from now)

Inswinger said:
LOL
I had to ask my dad to since I dont have a credit card yet. But 10 bucks for 4 matches is worth it.
I don't even bother to ask my dad. I have the answer before hand.

10 bucks is an awesome deal! Really hope sopcast comes up with something.

4.07 pm: Some good news. The players are out warming up. No updates yet on the start of play. Some of the covers are still on. In fact as I write, it has gone cloudy again. Not raining, though. That kind of a day.

Update-
Toss at 4:30 Bangladesh time (20 mins from now)
Play will start at 5:00 Bangladesh time (50 mins from now)

Ugh, more waiting. I've only had 2.5 hours of sleep!

And since its a 2 hour delay, we'll get a 40-40

The conditions are a lot brighter as compared to before though and the umpires feel that they can start in 45 minutes time from now, given that it doesn't rain in between. Toss should happen in 15-20 minutes time then.

Well, i hope they tell us the playing XI, and we can start raving about that :p

Salman said:
45 more minutes to start... :12:
If that's the case then that's 2 hours lost. I'd expect it to be a 40-40 over game at best.

Most likely 35-35.

Nice to see that there is some possibility of play. My Xbox 360 will get a well deserved rest too if play happens.

How can u already say it will be 35 overs?

Wont it be raining all the day intermittently?

lollol said:
How can u already say it will be 35 overs?

Wont it be raining all the day intermittently?
That's if they start the game in 40 mins and there are no more stoppages.

Any working links for the game people?

Nice to see that play will start, but I doubt it will last...

Arun Lal-
Hard well rolled pitch that is usually good for batting but there is some moisture on the pitch.

WIn the toss and field first.

41 over match.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned waqar, will he be commentating? Some might laugh at his commentating skills, but he aint that bad compared with other desi commentators...

In the 2 mins they showed at zee cinema UK, it was SRK & aamir sohail...

And someone mentioned waqar is only on neo sports? How is that possible, cause the commentators are always the same, not matter what the channel is, isnt it?

lollol said:
I assume willow tv is only for US?
no, its an online service. World wide. You need a credit card or paypal to order the series from willow. tv

lollol said:
Someone mentioned waqar, will he be commentating? Some might laugh at his commentating skills, but he aint that bad compared with other desi commentators...

In the 2 mins they showed at zee cinema UK, it was SRK & aamir sohail...

And someone mentioned waqar is only on neo sports? How is that possible, cause the commentators are always the same, not matter what the channel is, isnt it?
Waqar is not commentating for this much, he is a in-studio analyst on Neo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back