Bangladesh v Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Mirpur | 26-30 Dec 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected SL is struggling. They struggled against Zimbabwe. Murali/Mendis wriggled them out. But BD batting is as usual going to score 200 plus in the first innings and then bowled out for 90 odd in the 2nd.

Jamal said:
Forgive me bdchamp. =[ Shakib should be nurtured, could be one of the best all rounders in the world in the future. Gotta have a supportive captain though, Ashraful really needs to be given time off if he doesnt score again.
Take it easy man. It's only a bit of discussion. There's nothing to forgive. It's just nice to appreciate talent. That's all I wanted from you anyway.

And yeah I agree with you it is vital he is nurtured properly. I don't trust Ash to do that. Ash is a terrible man-manager. After the Kitply and Asia Cup he singled out the youngster Dollar Mahmud for the team's failure which must've shattered the boy's confidence.

Jamie Siddons doesn't know crap about bowling.

So I suggest the BCB promotes Ruwan Kalpage, our current Academy coach into the national team to become our spin coach so that he can personally manage Shakib. Kalpage nurtured Mendis in the SL academy and then he was the one who suggested SLC to pick Mendis. So the guy must be special and can give Shakib some vital tips.

sakib gets his 4th career 5-fer, and all the in span of 2 months.

can we score 250 to make the lankans sweat???

Shaan said:
doesn't matter bd lost, but bad decision is concerned here. you wouldn't say that if it was Aus vs bd and all the wrong decision went against Aussies despite you know Aussies will win the game, would you?

I personally prefer teams to, you know, be able to win cricket matches before they start complaining about the umpiring. At least then you can argue the umpires might have cost you the game.

Ashraful gone.
Mark my words, this is the start of their collapse.
Junaid still batting solidly at the other end though.

This could be an exciting Test as well. We've had a handful already at the end of 2008.

uhmmm where can I watch it??? ( this match ) i live in europe so any tv channel or online broadcasting

HuZi said:
notyhing in my inbox.... :S

Says there's an error :S.

I'm going to edit it in a minute so make sure you copy it!

Last edited:
Ashraful failed to cross 2000 runs in this match. I think he was 28 shy of 2000 when he got out. 47th Test. He doesn't play like one who has played 46 tests.

IronMan2009 said:
Ashraful failed to cross 2000 runs in this match. I think he was 28 shy of 2000 when he got out. 47th Test. He doesn't play like one who has played 46 tests.

Ashraful is awful. I don't know why he's still on the team, unless Bangladesh's academy can't produce anymore batsmen that can at least match him.. or maybe its just his experience.

IronMan2009 said:

He's been creeping closer to 2000 for about 10 tests now. Horrendous captaincy and batting, at least Malik scores runs, even if he can't captain that well. :romeo

Raqibul Hasan OUT, bowled by Prasad, little inside edge that clips the offstump and removes the bail.

Bangladesh back to their old habits..

Bangladesh have to learn how to play good in all 4 innings of a Test match. They make it easy for themselves before they make it difficult.

Hasan hits a slog sweep six against Murali. This is how bangladesh should bat if they dont want me to change the channel.

SIX! What a beautiful shot from Shakib. A couple steps down the pitch goes down on one knee and lifts Murali over the midwicket boundary.

45.1 Muralitharan to Mehrab Hossain jnr, SIX, just listen to the crowd roar, Mehrab Hossain steps down the track very early and is dead sure about the shot he wants to play, he picks the length and carts him high over long-on, that's confidence for you

2 wickets in 2 balls for Murali!

Shakib al Hasan caught at slip, next man is Mashrafe Mortaza who gets caught LBW.

Murali on a hat-trick.

Shahadat Hossain OUT, stumped off Murali.

As I predicted, Murali will get a 5 wicket haul and also 2 in 2.

Bangladesh 176/9.

"Like a pack of cards".
Ashraful must die.

Same old story:22:........

Last edited:
Ha..Ashraful must be wondering "Ah.. i though we escaped from Mendis Oh Murali is there.Let us not kid ourselves if not Murali Vettori or Powar or whoever. We will pick our favorite bowler and collapse against him".

How did they lose wickets? Murali conned them" or the same old issue of Temperament?

So bangladeshs bowlers do a decent job as usual but then once again we get the Usual Feeble batting when are they ever going to learn? Unless Bangladeshs batting vastly improves they will struggle to compete in test matches.

Shaan said:
doesn't matter bd lost, but bad decision is concerned here. you wouldn't say that if it was Aus vs bd and all the wrong decision went against Aussies despite you know Aussies will win the game, would you?

Every team has copped bad decision. Look at the face of Akram after this leg before was denied. I would have slapped the umpire. Akram is restrained.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=13Lb0-gKsiw&feature=related

In the last 25 years or so. We have added 4 teams to the already existing 6 teams

chronologically

1) Sri Lanka
2) South Africa
3) Zimbabwe
4) Bangladesh

1) & 2) are exciting additions. No doubt about that. 3) promised in the beginning. Infact they won few home series and one away series. too bad those players were playing for wrong country 4) The most disappointing of all. Still continues to dish out disappointment.

Bangladesh getting PWNED again. 178 all out, after being 90-2 at one stage. Horrible stuff.

Dhonian said:
BD all set to carry this game towards the 5th day. Well done!
I think they will be lucky to carry it to the fifth day. I think SL will declare sometime later today, or most likely tomorrow, then just bowl them out with the remaining sessions on day four. B'desh are going to get absolutely Pwned.

No team has chased successfully more than 264 against SL in the 4th innings. India did in SL. Most recently WI chased 254 in windies with 6 wickets in hand.

IronMan2009 said:
No team has chased successfully more than 264 against SL in the 4th innings. India did in SL. Most recently WI chased 254 in windies with 6 wickets in hand.
I doubt B'desh will make 170 again in the second innings. Ashraful will get out to ridiculous shot. The others will just fall to the magic of Murali.

Random Aussie said:
Haven't been following this Test - are Bangladesh winning?

are you drunk ? What in this holy world made you think that if you don't follow BD cricket, they'll win ? :batman:

IronMan2009 said:
Mahela could very well declare and win the match by tomorrow's lunch.
I'd bat to 300 just to be on the safe side. Then again, this is Bangladesh we are talking about. Agreed, declare now and gain a day off.

If we convert Sohdat's grunts in a Test into energy we can supply electricity to a village for one month.

Its a 6 day test, with a rest between the fourth and fifth days I think. So Sri Lanka can wrap it up tonight and have 3 days off .

Rest day tomorow. Sri Lanka will have to wait till Tuesday to sink their teeth into Bangladesh once again. Lead of 406 with 5 wickets and 2 days remaining.

Random Aussie said:
Bangladesh ek number ka bakwaaz team hai :inzi

I don't know why you keep on attacking Bangladesh cricket team.What wrong with you?I don't know there is something related to your personal things.

Xoib said:
Tell this to Asif.

Come on dude. Lot of players have been bunnies to one bowler or the other. We cannot keep saying Tell this to X Tell this to Y. He has two 50s isn't it against Pakistan before getting out to Asif?

Random Aussie said:
Haven't been following this Test - are Bangladesh winning?

Bangladesh restricted Sri Lanka to a 171/6 in the 1st innings before letting them slip away. Their collapse in batting during their 1st innings basically set up another loss.

Bangladesh have truly mastered the art of losing and that too, losing badly.

IronMan2009 said:
Come on dude. Lot of players have been bunnies to one bowler or the other. We cannot keep saying Tell this to X Tell this to Y. He has two 50s isn't it against Pakistan before getting out to Asif?

where did I say he's not a good bat?

Well at least they have a rest day tomorrow. They can go out and vote and then return the day after to continue being thrashed by the Lankans.

Sri Lanka has declared their innings 405/6, leaving Bangladesh to chase 521.

If Bangladesh can even make half that total, I think they'll see this as a feat. As for the result, one only wonders how BADLY they will lose this time...

40/1 after 7.4 overs. Good shots played by both batsmen, until Tamim gets a brain fart and goes for an unnecceasry run. Imrul Kayes is the man out.

For those who are intrested, and I believe there arent many :: www.justin.tv/lankabroadcaster.

Its lunch right now btw.

wadrib said:
I don't know why you keep on attacking Bangladesh cricket team.What wrong with you?I don't know there is something related to your personal things.

As a cricket watcher I am sick of this team "with potential" that never delivers, never improves, the batsman after 10 years still have no brains, they change coaches, replace half the team, some half decent bowlers come and go and still no decent performances.

10 or whatever it is years down the track it is still the same side, some useful bowlers and a bunch of utterly stupid and talented batsmen who merrily hand their wickets to any bowler who can be bothered bowling somewhere near the off stump.

After 10 years (or however long it is) of international cricket the result of every Bangladesh match is known in advance. Aside from the odd freak ODI performance.

They annoy me with their non competitiveness and inability to learn.

This over: 0 4 4 1 0 4
The commentators are fuming on air because of the Bangladeshi batsmen trying to pull anything and everything short, Tamim Iqbal gave away his wicket like that and he was looking very good in his 40s

And a six is hit... edged while trying to pull yet another short ball
424 to win, 98/2

Murali strikes, another one falls. Batsman offers no shot to a delivery just outside the stump but the ball brushes his gloves, safely taken by slip

340 required, 5 wickets in hand.
70 runs for every wicket can win it :)))

There's no mistaking the obvious talent. He needs to sort out his horse-**** temperament, and he'll be good to go because he obviously has no problem with his technique or his extravagant stroke-play. Advantage is, he's still pretty young.

Good going.

Well finally Bangladesh showing some guts and fight. However once again to many batsmen getting starts and then throwing it away!

ANY channel showing it in europe??? or any link please gimme it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back