CLT20 | Lahore Lions vs Perth | September 30, 2014 | Bangalore | LL Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike Rate

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Lahore Lions need to beat Perth Scorchers by 47 runs or by 33 balls to spare (in 14.3 overs) to better CSK's current NRR of 0.945

Last edited:
Boys fought hard, but I don't think we stand a chance.
Please, prove me wrong.

That last guy really ruined our chances :(

Had Lahore Lions won by a bigger margin of 65+ runs their NRR would have been around 1.62 as against CSK's current 1.08 (before perth match)

[MENTION=135134]CricketAnalyst[/MENTION] do you think LL can do it? most of the time i have seen this happening in recent past teams chasing the target successfully while meeting the NRR and the advantage here is that only 1 guy in perth is in supreme form i mean Simmons i dont care about Voges he score too slow. If we get a similar pitch like today than Pak spin attack can trigger a collapse in perth batting line. Match is in Bangalore too but lets see how the wicket plays

Yasir will be key if Pakistan wants to qualify

I think. our best bet would be to bat first and post 180+....then we can bowl scorchers out

As in our 3 victories...we took 9 wickets 2 times and also bowled out south express around 100

also got 7 out vs kkr

anyone agrees?

much better than chasing pressure

Umar Akmal has to bat at 3

I personally think Umar should bat at 3 if LL bat first but in chasing he should bat at 5/6. Hafeez shouldn't even think about opening Perth got some good quick bowlers so i think they should promote Saad Nasim to bat with Shehzad.

A lot depends on the pitch.

But Lahore's chances appear slim to me but as it is T20 so anything can happen. Nasir Jamshed gives me no confidence and if he fails early this time too then i can sense trouble for Hafeez and company.

Frylinck really hurt Lahore badly in the end. I don't get why Hafeez gave the ball to Cheema, should've finished it off with Wahab Riaz and Mustafa Iqbal...

Lahore's best bet is to bowl first, restrict them to a low score (say 130). Then chase it down in 14 overs. Batting order will have to change..

1.)Shehzad
2.)Jamshed
3.)Akmal
4.)Hafeez
5.)Nasim
6.)Siddiq

If Lahore bat first, we have to post a score in excess of 180...

But he in very good hitting form. Has scored 2 centuries in BBl this year if i am not wrong?

In Australian conditions with reliable bounce.

He and Marsh are probably the biggest threats in a very weak batting lineup because they're the only batsmen capable of scoring at that 150-200 SR.

Voges and Whiteman are good and reliable batsman but even when playing well 120 SR seems to be the limit.

And apart from those four you get a useful youngster (Turner) who can rotate the strike and then a whole bunch of bowlers. Coulter-Nile occasionally slogs a 20-30 runs.

In Australian conditions with reliable bounce.

He and Marsh are probably the biggest threats in a very weak batting lineup because they're the only batsmen capable of scoring at that 150-200 SR.

Voges and Whiteman are good and reliable batsman but even when playing well 120 SR seems to be the limit.

And apart from those four you get a useful youngster (Turner) who can rotate the strike and then a whole bunch of bowlers. Coulter-Nile occasionally slogs a 20-30 runs.

Yes overall their batting line is not very strong specially in these conditions so if the top order fail they struggle to score big like we saw against spin yesterday. Btw what happened to Shaun Marsh he was playing for Perth right?

Yes overall their batting line is not very strong specially in these conditions so if the top order fail they struggle to score big like we saw against spin yesterday. Btw what happened to Shaun Marsh he was playing for Perth right?

Shaun Marsh is injured and Simon Katich retired. They improved the batting a lot.

Shaun Marsh is injured and Simon Katich retired. They improved the batting a lot.

Oh i see Perth batting line gone very weak i remember they had Herschelle Gibbs and M Hussey too in 2011/2012 season i think. And there was that experienced Alfonso Thomas bowler too

Oh i see Perth batting line gone very weak i remember they had Herschelle Gibbs and M Hussey too in 2011/2012 season i think. And there was that experienced Alfonso Thomas bowler too

Well unlike some teams in the BBL we have to operate by a salary cap.

Asif Raza must be dropped and a pure batsman must be brought in. We are short of one pure batsman.

Asif Raza must be dropped and a pure batsman must be brought in. We are short of one pure batsman.

Unfortunately no quality player on bench. Thats why Razzler should have been allowed by PCB in LL squad but they rejected Hafeez request.

Unfortunately no quality player on bench. Thats why Razzler should have been allowed by PCB in LL squad but they rejected Hafeez request.

Agreed but we have to ignore quality here. Still such pure batsman will be better than Asif Raza.

The weather is terrible on Tuesday
heavy rain throughout the afternoon
will a short rain affected match be better for the lions

we score heavy in 5 overs and keep Perth way behind in the 5...

how will short match affect NRR

Last edited:
We need to really attack them with spin. And we have to make sure their tail doesn't wag!

The bigger battle will be how LL play Hogg . They really looked troubled against Kuldeep and Hogg is very experienced

gonna be difficult i think they should bat first and try to bowl aggressively

The bigger battle will be how LL play Hogg . They really looked troubled against Kuldeep and Hogg is very experienced

True. Hogg is one bowler who will frustrate Umar because premeditated shots rarely work against him. Hogg mixes up all his varieties very smartly.

Found this on the CLT20 Website-

The equation for Lahore Lions is as follows:

If Lahore Lions bat first and score,

100 - They will need to restrict Perth Scorchers to 46
150 - They will need to restrict Perth Scorchers to 103
200 - They will need to restrict Perth Scorchers to 153

If Perth Scorchers bat first and score,

100 - Lahore Lions will need to chase down the target in 14 overs**
150 - Lahore Lions will need to chase down the target in 14.3 overs**
200 - Lahore Lions will need to chase down the target in 15 overs**

** This calculation is based on assumption that Lahore Lions will score one run more than Scorchers. If the winning shot is a boundary with scores level, Lahore Lions can take 2-3 balls more.

I think LL can win this. Just let umar go in beast mode then perth have no chance. :)

If Lahore Lions bat first and score,
100 - They will need to restrict Perth Scorchers to
150 - They will need to restrict Perth Scorchers to
200 - They will need to restrict Perth Scorchers to
If Perth Scorchers bat first and score,
100 - Lahore Lions will need to chase down the
target in 14 overs**
150 - Lahore Lions will need to chase down the
target in 14.3 overs**
200 - Lahore Lions will need to chase down the
target in 15 overs**
** This calculation is based on assumption that
Lahore Lions will score one run more than
Scorchers. If the winning shot is a boundary with
scores level, Lahore Lions can take 2-3 balls
more.

Lahore Lions Aim to Outrun Chennai Super Kings in Race to Semis

After registering a win against Dolphins in the last encounter, Pakistan champions Lahore Lions will go a for the kill to qualify for the semi-final when they lock horns against a formidable Perth Scorchers in the Champions League T20 Tournament on Monday.

With reigning IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders already in the final-four, Lions would eye to race past Chennai Super Kings on better run-rate to qualify for the semi-final.

Lahore are placed third on the points-table with six points from three games and the Australian outfit is out of contention, as they bagged only four points from three games, but could prove to be party poopers for the Pakistani side.

While Kolkata already qualifying from Group A, Scorchers have one win and a loss in their three games played.

The Muhammad Hafeez-led side will have not only have to rely on a big win against the Australian side but will also have to win to create a mathematical chance for themselves.

Lahore entered the main draw of the tournament following two wins in three matches they played in the Qualifying Group.
They thrashed Mumbai Indians by six wickets with eight balls remaining in the match on September 13.

Lahore's Saad Nasim, Hafeez, Ahmed Shezad and Umar Akmal have been impressive with the bat. They struck 59 and 40 respectively in the match against Kolkata.

Akmal had also impressed in the game against Mumbai Indians in the qualifying round. Hafeez has also been striking well with the bat, scoring a superb 67-run knock in the match against Southern Express.

Lahore bowlers Aizaz Cheema, Wahab Riaz and Imran Ali have been successful in the qualifying matches. But the team will need to put up a very strong all-round performance to make it difficult for the seasoned Chennai side.

On the other hand, the Scorchers may not be mere pushovers for Lahore though they have players who can take the game to the end, in spite of early blows.

Scorchers have Mitchell Marsh in their line-up, who had dispatched seamer Robbie Frylinck for two sixs off last two balls to register a stunning win for his side.

The Scorchers have a bit of experience in their line-up as seasoned chinaman bowler Brad Hogg and Pakistan T20 freelance player Yasir Arafat in their ranks.

However, their top batsmen - Craig Simmons, Ashton Agar, captain Adam Voges, Mitchell Marsh and Sam Whiteman - failed to impress in their last match against Chennai. They all would like to be among runs to gain a consolation victory.

Some of their players Whiteman, Joel Paris, Jason Behrendorff with the ball have fared well for the team in the clash with Dolphins.

Surprised a lot of games are happening in Bangalore - heavy rains every evening out here this week and the last.

I talked to one of the cricketer of Lahore Lions and he said we will bowl first if won the toss.

Just saw a tweet from a female geo super anchor, reports suggest that Ahmed shahzad is down with terrible fever. :(

Mostly Geo super come up with masala news during qualification round they also said Shehzad isn't going to play in a match.

True about Geo. But his fan-club too is confirming this news all over twitter.However they further state that he is on antibiotics and is likely to play.

True about Geo. But his fan-club too is confirming this news all over twitter.However they further state that he is on antibiotics and is likely to play.

I hope he play he we can at least expect the top 4 to score the others are useless. Jamshed is out of form Shehzi fever means only 2 out of the top 4 left :(

damm had Lions not allowed frylink to score so much . task would have been easy .

Perth won the toss & elected to bowl. Ahmad Shahzad not playing because of sore throat.

Shehzad out, batting first. Odds are against us. Lets hope we can go through against all odds.

Voges and Counter-Nile out too so perth want to test their bench players bad news for LL

LL batting first and Mitch Marsh back.

CSK through me thinks.

Man i think we are screwed, first by absense of shezzy and than by toss, but still have some hope, let's see how it pains out.

Jamshed again!!! This guy is totally useless! Can not even score 20 runs

Lol no chance for LL. Winning by 43 runs or 33 balls to spare is tough plus no Shehzad

Jamshed again!!! This guy is totally useless! Can not even score 20 runs

and how many batsmen LL got in squad to replace him? come on this is LL they dont have any replacements exclude top 4 and all other bats who are playing are useless too so dont even think about bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back