Congratulations to Bangladesh for their first-ever Test match win against Pakistan

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Bangladesh etched its name in cricket history with a monumental achievement, securing its first-ever test match victory against Pakistan. This landmark win not only showcases Bangladesh's growing prowess in the longest format of the game but also marks a significant milestone in their cricketing journey, demonstrating their ability to compete and triumph against established Test-playing nations.

They were the better team in this game undoubtedly and deserved to win.

Look a decent side in the making. Who would have thought that their bowlers would out skill and outpaced our bowlers.

Well done the tigers of Bangladesh. The population forced out their corrupt PM and fortune favors the brave!

Congrats once again to Bangladesh and note 1 thing here, "A SPINNER IS GETTING AN AWARD FOR HIS BOWLING".

mfD7aFo.png

zIt0SwP.png

TAacLnZ.png

RcRhyU6.png

Bangladesh team and cricket system looks much more professional compared culture in Pakistan cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Bangladesh.

One of the special things about Pakistan cricket is that when you play against them, you don't need to do anything extra, they find a way to lose the match by themselves
That's a copyjob from roblinda, the youtuber :p

Thanks, I really didn't think we will win. now the big test will come in 2nd test. can we continue this. previously we were not able to hold on to the winning streak and lost very bad

Congrats . You beat Pakistan in Pakistan by 10 wickets on what was allegedly a road of a pitch with Nazmul Hossain Shanto as captain :lol

Congrats, Bangladesh team. A test victory in foreign soil is always special and is to be cherished. But we like to see more consistent performance from BD team in the longest format and we like to see that this victory in tests is not one-off.

Congrats, Bangladesh team. A test victory in foreign soil is always special and is to be cherished. But we like to see more consistent performance from BD team in the longest format and we like to see that this victory in tests is not one-off.
It was not on foreign soil ...

Congratulations Bangladesh. Their away record may be awful but in Asia you cannot be complacent against them. They only recently drew with NZ at home.

Even outside Asia, they achieved a better result in NZ than our sorry lot have achieved in over a decade.

Really like Shoriful and would happily take him in our team.

Congratulations Bangladesh. Their away record may be awful but in Asia you cannot be complacent against them.

Watch us smash them in a few weeks. 2 test series.

Watch us smash them in a few weeks. 2 test series.
What if we lost a test to Bangladesh .:kp

We have problem facing quality spinner's these days but jaiswal , Rohit along with lower order of jadeja , Ashwin and axar are saving us

You don't win Tests by fluke like you do with ODIs. They genuinely outclassed them. Rizwan/Saud only two showed up. But for BD lot more players showed up.

@MMHS @sweep_shot @Energy

Congratulations brothers. Happy for you all.

Where would you put this win in the victory cabinet.

At the very top? Or Top 3?

Which would be your 5 finest triumphs as a cricket nation.

I think 2nd best away victory. The first being beating NZ in NZ.

Rest of the wins have been either at Harare or Mirpur Stadium.

@MMHS @sweep_shot @Energy

Congratulations brothers. Happy for you all.

Where would you put this win in the victory cabinet.

At the very top? Or Top 3?

Which would be your 5 finest triumphs as a cricket nation.
Thanks.

I think, as a Test win it should come as third - after NZ & SRL. Winning in NZ for an Asian side is really something special, particularly in this millennium. SRL in Srilanka with Herath in the XI, that too batting second should be ahead of this one.

BD could & should have won a Test in PAK as back as in 2002, but for Inzi (for the right reason) & Latif (for the wrong reason) & this is honestly a very poor PAK side. A win against PAK or WIN is rated so high only because of their past records.

This will only make the upcoming BD tour of India very spicy. They beat India last time when India toured there in the ODI leg. Now they will be coming to India with extra comfidence after winning a test match in Pakistan. If we also add the ongoing political battle between the 2 countries, whatever happening with hindus there, the floods for which India is blamed....I expect a grand series.

Can't wait.

This will only make the upcoming BD tour of India very spicy. They beat India last time when India toured there in the ODI leg. Now they will be coming to India with extra comfidence after winning a test match in Pakistan. If we also add the ongoing political battle between the 2 countries, whatever happening with hindus there, the floods for which India is blamed....I expect a grand series.

Can't wait

Most likely we will smashed them as we have strong Lower order batting for test cricket .

Although Anything can happen in T20 cricket .

Can't wait.
great win for bang but this is a step too far still IMO, india are too professional at home, they wont take bang too lightly and have much better bowlers than pak.

What if we lost a test to Bangladesh .:kp

We have problem facing quality spinner's these days but jaiswal , Rohit along with lower order of jadeja , Ashwin and axar are saving us
Jurel and Sarfaraz solve that problem in England series but gg and selector won't going to pick them

congrats BD bros!! very well played.

Pakistan totally deserves this. prepare a dead pitch, play 4 seamers, backfired lol

Can't wait.
It doesn’t make anything grand, believe me.
We are 5 levels above them in Indian conditions.

Wow, Bangladesh just did what the current Indian team can only daydream about: beating Pakistan in Pakistan in a Test match. The first step for India?

Congrats @sweep_shot
Its a shame that India can't play on that Pakistan road pitches. Kohli easily score 500+ runs In 3 match series poor vk

Last edited by a moderator:
Bangladesh hates Pakistan more than you can imagine. The Umah doesn't exist apart from in Pakistani minds.
They love Pakistan. Anytime Pakistan plays they support us. They even supported us in stadium Bangladesh when we play there. I'm surrounded by British Bangladeshis who love us too. Their love is kinda weird given what we have done to them but they are our biggest supporters especially now with the regime change.

Not sure what you are on about.

Bangladesh were smart, calculated and ruthless when they needed to be. Pakistan were complacent, overconfident and completely misread the pitch.

One team was professional and clinical. While the other was incompetent and inept. Full credit to Bangladesh. I hope this win provides them the impetus to start establishing consistency at home and being competitive away.

As for Pakistan, I really don't know what to say anymore. As a fan who loves this sport and, the last couple of years have been truly soul-crushing with almost nothing to be happy about. There have been so many wake-up calls, that after some point you being to wonder if this team even has a pulse anymore.

I am happy for the Pakistani fans who have been able to disconnect from this team and either don't watch regularly or don't care enough. They have a piece of mind that I don't. Being a passionate fan of a mediocre team is very hard. And Pakistan keeps making it harder.

But anyways, full props to Bangladesh and congratulations to their fans. Very well-deserved.

Bangladesh hates Pakistan more than you can imagine. The Umah doesn't exist apart from in Pakistani minds.

No. This is not true currently. Might have been true 30-40 years ago.

Most Bangladeshis don't hate Pakistan.

Modern day Bangladeshis seem to have problems with Israel and India the most. Just check what happened to Indian puppet Hasina. We kicked her out of the country. LOL.

They love Pakistan. Anytime Pakistan plays they support us. They even supported us in stadium Bangladesh when we play there. I'm surrounded by British Bangladeshis who love us too. Their love is kinda weird given what we have done to them but they are our biggest supporters especially now with the regime change.

Not sure what you are on about.

Lol ask any British Pakistani they'll tell you of the issues between the 2 communities. Also they betrayed us so don't be so forgiving.

India could play their A team and they would still win. And that's nothing against Bangladesh, that's just how dominant India are at home.

India lost an ODI series 1-2 in BD very recently. That side had Rohit and Kohli. But, Bumrah, Kuldeep, and Shami were missing.

I think a depleted Indian side may not win in Bangladesh. Not in ODI at least.

Bangladesh were smart, calculated and ruthless when they needed to be. Pakistan were complacent, overconfident and completely misread the pitch.

One team was professional and clinical. While the other was incompetent and inept. Full credit to Bangladesh. I hope this win provides them the impetus to start establishing consistency at home and being competitive away.

As for Pakistan, I really don't know what to say anymore. As a fan who loves this sport and, the last couple of years have been truly soul-crushing with almost nothing to be happy about. There have been so many wake-up calls, that after some point you being to wonder if this team even has a pulse anymore.

I am happy for the Pakistani fans who have been able to disconnect from this team and either don't watch regularly or don't care enough. They have a piece of mind that I don't. Being a passionate fan of a mediocre team is very hard. And Pakistan keeps making it harder.

But anyways, full props to Bangladesh and congratulations to their fans. Very well-deserved.
Bro I have a question? Why don't you pick a good team and keep pakistan as your 2nd?

It always tend to ask that question when I see certain posts like these.

I'm fully aware you're a genuine fan of pakistan cricket so just asking

I imagine Bangladeshis have more issues with India's regime than they do with Pakistan's. Many of Bangladesh's current issues are with India (borders, rivers, political-meddling). The issues with Pakistan are historic. I am sure a great many Bangladeshis resent Pakistan for their role 1971. But I feel like the current generation that has grown up with far greater issues like climate change, overpopulation, inflation. On top of that, the authoritarian regime of Sheikh Hasina created new problems like erosion of civil liberties, suppression of dissent, human rights violations, elimination of the opposition.

I doubt sensible Bangladeshis have time to care about a country they share zero geographical link or connection with. And haven't in 53 years.

I imagine Bangladeshis have more issues with India's regime than they do with Pakistan's. Many of Bangladesh's current issues are with India (borders, rivers, political-meddling). The issues with Pakistan are historic. I am sure a great many Bangladeshis resent Pakistan for their role 1971. But I feel like the current generation that has grown up with far greater issues like climate change, overpopulation, inflation. On top of that, the authoritarian regime of Sheikh Hasina created new problems like erosion of civil liberties, suppression of dissent, human rights violations, elimination of the opposition.

I doubt sensible Bangladeshis have time to care about a country they share zero geographical link or connection with. And haven't in 53 years.

Yes. You are right.

1971 happened almost 50 years ago. People don't have the time to keep hatred for what happened 50 years ago (except for a few oldies and some Awami League supporters).

There are far bigger issues like poverty, overpopulation, Rohingya refugee crisis, Indian interference etc. Young generations are more focused on those.

India lost an ODI series 1-2 in BD very recently. That side had Rohit and Kohli. But, Bumrah, Kuldeep, and Shami were missing.

I think a depleted Indian side may not win in Bangladesh. Not in ODI at least.
ODIs are ODIs. One good day is enough to guarantee a win. Not the same case in tests. India's dominance at home is unmatched. Top-quality sides like Australia and England are lucky to escape with a win (atmost) out of India. Others can't even manage that. This was a great performance by Bangladesh. But don't forget that England already beat Pakistan black and blue a couple of years ago on far worse pitches. Australia were no less dominant eventhough they only managed one win.

ODIs are ODIs. One good day is enough to guarantee a win. Not the same case in tests. India's dominance at home is unmatched. Top-quality sides like Australia and England are lucky to escape with a win (atmost) out of India. Others can't even manage that. This was a great performance by Bangladesh. But don't forget that England already beat Pakistan black and blue a couple of years ago on far worse pitches. Australia were no less dominant eventhough they only managed one win.

Oh. You meant Tests in India.

In that case, India should win even with a depleted side.

BD actually are scheduled to play India after Pakistan. 2-Test series. Let's see how they do.

Bro I have a question? Why don't you pick a good team and keep pakistan as your 2nd?

It always tend to ask that question when I see certain posts like these.

I'm fully aware you're a genuine fan of pakistan cricket so just asking
Because I am a Pakistani and that's how it will always be. I don't consider myself to be a nationalist or a patriot but being Pakistani is part of my identity. That means taking ownership of the good and the bad. It's something that I was born with and I will never be at peace with myself if I give that up or change it. I am a big believer in the idea that we are nothing without our identity.

Do you back any of these teams to win a series in any of the Big 3 nations?

The gulf in quality is massive.
Maybe if their players had the chance to play a 5 match series where they had multiple opportunities to find themselves and succeed even after numerous failures, it could be possible. Considering England just got blanked 4-1 in India, how much worse could they possibly do?

Oh. You meant Tests in India.

In that case, India should win even with a depleted side.

BD actually are scheduled to play India after Pakistan. 2-Test series. Let's see how they do.
India at home is just a different beast. Even Sri Lanka, which has had some great teams over the years has never even won a test match in India.

India at home is just a different beast. Even Sri Lanka, which has had some great teams over the years has never even won a test match in India.
Yeah. No chance against Ind. I don't see the point of this test series even. There is just no point in BD playing test against India ATM. It will be very one sided match. Instead of tests odi/t20 would be interesting..odi more t20 less

Because I am a Pakistani and that's how it will always be. I don't consider myself to be a nationalist or a patriot but being Pakistani is part of my identity. That means taking ownership of the good and the bad. It's something that I was born with and I will never be at peace with myself if I give that up or change it. I am a big believer in the idea that we are nothing without our identity.
Wo to theek hai, but bro it's a sport. You think only people from Portugal support ronaldo in world cups? And only they want their own team to win?

Ik so many people that are obsessed with ronaldo and Messi that only Portugal or Argentina can win in their eyes and not their home country

Congratulations Bangladesh...well deserved victory.. specially mushfiq Rahim knock ....all bowlers performed very well on highway..Winning test match on Pakistan soil is not a easy thing to do.

This is the second test win for Bangladesh in the test championship in five matches and they are now placed fifth jointly.

Yeah. No chance against Ind. I don't see the point of this test series even. There is just no point in BD playing test against India ATM. It will be very one sided match. Instead of tests odi/t20 would be interesting..odi more t20 less

It is a part of WTC. Not a regular bilateral series.

This is the second test win for Bangladesh in the test championship in five matches and they are now placed fifth jointly.

Correct.

BD won against New Zealand a few months ago. The home Test series was drawn 1-1.

Congrats BD fans for this historic victory. Looks like the Ind vs BD series isn't going to be a walkover this year. One thing I don't understand is this guy Mehdi had so many incredible performances in his career so far and seems to be a perfect candidate to take over Shakib's place but is never hyped by BD fans. Why? I've been following him since the U19 days and he's also a captaincy candidate. If he was in India or Pak with performances like these, he would have been hugely popular. What gives?

Please don't invite Afghanistan and Ireland for test series , we already know whats gonna happen. Quit following after loss to India and was checking scorecard. Guess need to stop following all together. May be we all need to invest our time better than follow this cheapass team. Sorry had been following team since 90's. Guess there is limit and it has been almost achieved by loss today..

These are baby steps by BD, and only prove that they are so far behind other test nations. Because they don't have many wins, ANY win will be historic.

They took 14 test matches to register a win against Pakistan.

If Pakistan won against BD, it would not be a cause for celebration. Winning against BD is no big deal. Losing against them IS.

Which again proves that BD are minnows in cricket, that a rare victory is celebrated as historic.

Every Bangladeshi I know and I have a close association with more than 7 families supports Pakistan vs India. This 1971 war was long forgotten. Religion plays a huge role along with hatred towards India. Also their main complaint is India Govt or Indian fans don't give BD their due respect. The latest political situation has pushed last remaining few neutrals over the edge as well.

Wo to theek hai, but bro it's a sport. You think only people from Portugal support ronaldo in world cups? And only they want their own team to win?

Ik so many people that are obsessed with ronaldo and Messi that only Portugal or Argentina can win in their eyes and not their home country
Well I can't speak for other people. I can only speak for myself.

Well at least I can say shewag was wrong. Even if we can't take 20 wickets we can still win a test!

Back