Day 2, Test 2 Thread. Pakistan Vs England [21/11/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan should aim for 500 now. This virtually guarantees they will not lose, Inshallah.

Contrary to popular belief, Pakistan's tail in this team is longish.

Rana Naved can bat so can Sami and Akhtar.

If they apply themselves we are looking at around 40 to 50 runs between them.

Inzi and Akmal must bat for at least 30 overs longer.

Cartman said:
why thank u AJ. that idiot refused to listen to logic and told me to get lost.
we need to get over the whole "the world is against us mentality" or we risk turning into bigger whiners than the english themselves.. that was out plain and simple.. too bad if afridi is ur fav player and u cant digest him getting out at 92.. i aint losing any sleep over it. dont tell me to get off the forum like that unless ur prepared to get some in return.

well said totally agree with this just remember afridi was lucky to be dropped by vaughn on 30 odd so as far as i care this was bonus.

on a side note inzi has now tied miandad in 100's in 21 tests less than him however javed has the better avg. LET THE DEBATES BEGIN

Mo. said:
From the tracker, it looked like it bounced into his hands.

As I said earlier any catch taken close to the ground looks like it bounces off the ground if you slow it down and magnify the picture. Afridi was out, end of story.

just saw the replay of afridi's dismissal..final replay looks like the ball was on the deck when the catch was taken...with fingers around the ball...less obvious...but also looks like the ball hittin the deck with tresco's fingers around them and hands moving up as the ball is afterhitting the deck..

dubious to say the least. :13:

but less dubious than Bell

Last edited:
UsmanhailsAfridi said:
way to go AJ...are you sure you are on the right forum!!!!

listen very carefully i suggest u stop trying to bark out orders. Your the one to blame here. You started it by telling cartman to get lost.

finally i dont see any rules here saying that i can post. :D

When do you think Inzi and co will start hitting out?

waqar is telling us inzi is better than miandad something i have contended all along but the urdu speaking frinds of mine always get angered at that one.

Cartman said:
why thank u AJ. that idiot refused to listen to logic and told me to get lost.
we need to get over the whole "the world is against us mentality" or we risk turning into bigger whiners than the english themselves.. that was out plain and simple.. too bad if afridi is ur fav player and u cant digest him getting out at 92.. i aint losing any sleep over it. dont tell me to get off the forum like that unless ur prepared to get some in return.
Bro, firstly i don't agree that anyone should tell another pper to leave the forum. I think you've misunderstood what's happening. Usman wanted to discuss Afridi's dismissal, as we did with Youhana's and your "now lets move on shall we" reads like an attempt to silence him (of course it depends on your intention). This is nothing to do with "the world is against us mentality" or favourite players i don't know why you brought that in. Every one of these players should be defended in the case of a possible bad decision and Afridi should be treated no differently to Youhana.

Cartman said:
waqar is telling us inzi is better than miandad something i have contended all along but the urdu speaking frinds of mine always get angered at that one.

yar ab new debate. both are great and legends of Pakistan cricket. by the way Miandad did all his career what Inzi is doing now or say after he became Pakistan captain

The Afridi wicket looked very doubtful.

I cannot understand how the umpire could have given it without going to the 3rd umpire. Even after 4 or 5 replays I am not 100% sure whether it bounced or not so how the umpire can be after only viewing it with the naked eye, I would really like to know.

Anyway...it doesn't matter. Let's move on.

as Sanjay mentioned the debate will continue. and then Botham said both are great players. and Miandad was one of the best to whom I have bowled

Last edited:
Just when I was about to say it is important we keep the scoreboard ticking and don't go into a shell!

Beefy ripping into Inzi about his running between the wickets

freedom of speech mate.. he had his and i had mine.. now its still a waste because its going to be inconsequential to the outcome of the match and the umpires decision about fridi.

so its nothing but ftuiless bickering and quite frankly it annoys me when some half wit tries trash talking to me.. and please lets not continue this any further.. now if u want to keep insisting he was not out by all means..... cry me a river.

i reckon inzi is better as he has bailed Pakistan out of many more pressure situations and been the lone wall in his team for the longest time while Miandad had others to follow him if his wicket went often

cheatface **** is coming on to bowl

inzi was plumb yesterday and yy quite so and so a few decisions against us, tough luck perhaps??

DM, lets think about the umpiring in this game. Moyo was NOT OUT.

however, that dismissal was actually a postive for pakistan (sounds bizare i know) as it brought afridi to wicket and the face of the inns was changed and yourself, myself and every other pakistan fan was royally entertained.

as far as afridi goes he was out from what am viewing.

Just enjoy fact afridi got 92 even thou its dissapointing he got out!

inzi was plumb yesterday and yy quite so and so a few decisions against us, tough luck perhaps??

but commay bhai this happens in cricket. specially with LBWs. Inzi on most occasions has been on the wrong side also. But Yusuf decision should have been consulted to the 3rd umpire

Cartman said:
freedom of speech mate.. he had his and i had mine.. now its still a waste because its going to be inconsequential to the outcome of the match and the umpires decision about fridi.

so its nothing but ftuiless bickering and quite frankly it annoys me when some half wit tries trash talking to me.. and please lets not continue this any further.. now if u want to keep insisting he was not out by all means..... cry me a river.

Well if someone wants to discuss a dismissal I don't see why you feel the need to tell them to get over it or whatever. And if you really do have the need to, at least do it in a less condescending manner. You try to portray that you are taking the high moral ground, but by in effect telling someone to shut up and get over it, that in fact is not any kind of moral ground.

Have you seen the strike rates on some of these English bowlers?!!

And Sami gets flak?!

pak 369/5

inzi on 109, akmal 8

still 50 mins in session so inshallah we can be around 410/5

Pak 369/6 damn!

we need to ensure we gte up to 400+ now...

oh ffs YOU CAN'T BE OUT IF YOU'RE TAKING EVASIVE ACTION, ABSOLUTELY SHAFTED

he was avoiding a blow there must be some rule allowing some window for this...shoab akhtar should thorw the ball at the stumps after every delivery now

i am not arguing anymore.. and commay.. .. im gonna have to kick u in the ....... well u know.. hehehe

btw Inzi was not out too .. what do u guys think?

What happened to the Spirit of the Game award that England won! Whilst it was out i think i cant believe they actually claimed for it.

sanjay has stated that in the laws inzi shudnt have been given out.

ganja teenda is in.. haan ji haan ji mein v batting karaan ga.. nai di dhi noo cher kar baal kataan waali qaum.

Shoaib should bowl 98mph bouncers at Harmissons head every single ball now.

Contentious decisions-o-rama today!

That's not out according to the rules, end of story. Absolutely bloody robbed, I AM RAGING

Last edited:
Pakistani umpire gave it out so lets not winge about the decision.

i think we should play our shots, get to 400, hit out and get the bowlers into action

this is perverted!! are they out of their minds?? ghauri always was a darned idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back